PDA

View Full Version : Is Alakazam still good?

finallegacy
05-09-2007, 12:04 AM
When I found out that they were going to change whether an attack would be physical or special, not just by its type, I thought that was a really good idea. But I soon realized that the elemental punches would become physical attacks now.

Alakazam is my favorite pokemon, but without the elemental punches, I don't think he is nearly as good anymore. Do you guys think Alakazam is still powerful? and what moves would you give an alakazam now since his move pool is probably completely different.

Hyper Blaze
05-09-2007, 12:07 AM
When I found out that they were going to change whether an attack would be physical or special, not just by its type, I thought that was a really good idea. But I soon realized that the elemental punches would become physical attacks now.

Alakazam is my favorite pokemon, but without the elemental punches, I don't think he is nearly as good anymore. Do you guys think Alakazam is still powerful? and what moves would you give an alakazam now since his move pool is probably completely different.

Psychic
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Calm Mind/Focus Blast/Hyper Beam

Neko_Amber
05-09-2007, 12:08 AM
I actually think it's a good idea. If something's a punch it's whether it's with thunder or ice it's still part physical.

My alakazam is very powerful and does not know any of the elemental punches. I'd probably stick with what mine knows which is psychic, confusion, trick, and psybeam.

Ketchup
05-09-2007, 12:33 AM
A Quiet Alakazam > The Elite Four.

I just proved that fact a few hours ago. =/

With Golem and Kazza / The Abra from the NPC trade, I easily man-handled most of the Gyms and the Elite Four.

Seriously. >_>

snoopysmile
05-09-2007, 12:38 AM
Call me an old softie. I have a special place in my heart for the origional 150 pkemn. The only new pokemon I currently have in my party is... Meganium... And thats cos I started with her... I just think the origionals are better cos everyone knows who they are. Its just sad that they get ditched cos they are insignificant compared to the special stats of new pokemon.
*Holds single candle in solice. bows head*
Let us take the time to remember the origionals, the pioneering pokemon that got us hooked to the red and white ball we have all come to love...

MagmarMan
05-09-2007, 12:50 AM
Call me an old softie. I have a special place in my heart for the origional 150 pkemn. The only new pokemon I currently have in my party is... Meganium... And thats cos I started with her... I just think the origionals are better cos everyone knows who they are. Its just sad that they get ditched cos they are insignificant compared to the special stats of new pokemon.
Let us take the time to remember the origionals, the pioneering pokemon that got us hooked to the red and white ball we have all come to love...

*bows head in silence holding a candle too*

I remember the good old days...:cry:

Psychic
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Calm Mind/Focus Blast/Hyper Beam

Why would an Alakazam have Focus Blast? Isn't it physical? I know that Hyper Beam is now special.

DarkSasuke
05-09-2007, 12:51 AM

HEY! it is 151 original.. dont forget Mew inspite of the fact that he is quite reclusive.. also.. i am more of an original 151 man.. well cept for the fact that i got onto this boat during the 152-251 era.. man they were sweet..:eek: but still, the others rock too.. so this is for you...and the 151 awesome ones... *Holds single candle in solice. bows head*.. sweet.. see how many join us...

snoopysmile
05-09-2007, 12:54 AM
*sings song while marching*

Amazing Grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found
Was blind, but now I see.

Bloody TC
05-09-2007, 12:54 AM
Why would an Alakazam have Focus Blast? Isn't it physical? I know that Hyper Beam is now special.

Focus Blast (http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/focusblast.shtml)

It's special and powerful with really bad accuracy.

MagmarMan
05-09-2007, 01:20 AM
Focus Blast (http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-dp/focusblast.shtml)

It's special and powerful with really bad accuracy.

Thanks, I guess I should look up some more moves...:oops:

Featherdust
05-09-2007, 01:25 AM
But then again, Hitmonchan is now amazing with elemental punches. :oops:

MagmarMan
05-09-2007, 01:27 AM
But then again, Hitmonchan is now amazing with elemental punches. :oops:

That is so true! He'll be able to be on more teams now!

Seawolf
05-09-2007, 01:27 AM
There are better moves than Hyper Beam.

I don't think Alakazam is as good as it used to be anymore, but I never liked it in the first place. My Lopunny killed the one that the last Elite Four trainer had with one Quick Attack. :rolleyes:

MagmarMan
05-09-2007, 01:30 AM
There are better moves than Hyper Beam.

I don't think Alakazam is as good as it used to be anymore, but I never liked it in the first place. My Lopunny killed the one that the last Elite Four trainer had with one Quick Attack. :rolleyes:

What level was it? Once it's high enough anything can pretty much kill the E4 in one hit.

Seawolf
05-09-2007, 01:34 AM
What level was it? Once it's high enough anything can pretty much kill the E4 in one hit.

It was about five to six levels behind, actually. Any physical move wipes the floor with Alakazam.

MagmarMan
05-09-2007, 01:35 AM
It was about five to six levels behind, actually. Any physical move wipes the floor with Alakazam.

Ya, his defenses are so abysmal:tongue: ...

Featherdust
05-09-2007, 01:35 AM
To be more specific, anything with a high enough level and a decent physical attack can OHKO the Magic Trio (Abra, Kedabra, Alakazam). :rolleyes:

snoopysmile
05-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Just give him lots of Irons...

Fabbles
05-16-2007, 01:03 AM
Yes, Alakazam is still good. A potential 607 SAtk stat with Choice Specs or around 570 SAtk with a max 372 speed will OHKO a lot of stuff.

Alakazam @ Choice Specs
Trait: Sychronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Psychic
Shadow Ball / HP Ice / HP Electric
Grass Knot
Focus Blast

Never underestimate the highest non Uber SAtk stat in the game :cool:.