PDA

View Full Version : WTF - Iron Ball?

Featherdust
05-09-2007, 03:09 AM
Is there any point to Iron Ball? It cuts the Pokemon's speed and gives Flying and Levitating pokemon vulnerability to ground-type moves. Yet there is no benefits. Is there any point to the thing or should I just sell it for whatever the PokeMart will buy it for? :susp:

Zavelin
05-09-2007, 03:13 AM
The only positive I see in it is this:

Trick is a move that swaps items with the foe. Therefore, it may be pretty handy to have on your ALREADY slow ground/rock Pokemon who can learn the move.

Blue_Dragon_Mew
05-09-2007, 03:20 AM
The only positive I see in it is this:

Trick is a move that swaps items with the foe. Therefore, it may be pretty handy to have on your ALREADY slow ground/rock Pokemon who can learn the move.

What is that move, fling? And you just taught me the benefits of the ability klutz.

Phantom Kat
05-09-2007, 03:28 AM
The only reason I can think of that you want to make your pokemon slower is the move Payback which does more damage if the foe attacks first.

On the other hand, Payback is a Ghost move and most ghost have Levitate (like my Mismagius).

I would sell it, that's what I'm going to do, unless you find some other useful ways to use it.

Featherdust
05-09-2007, 03:36 AM
Hmm... what if I use a Pokemon with Klutz holding an Iron Ball, and then swap with Trick?

Aha! Wait. This has Double Battle potential.

Buneary comes in with Iron Ball attached. Uses Switcheroo (breeding move) to swap items with a Pokemon holding Leftovers, King's Rock, etc. and have the other Pokemon take advantage of it. However, the only problem is that Buneary sucks. :oops:

Akiira
05-09-2007, 03:43 AM
Rock and steel types probably, good defense and atack, makes for a nice countering strategy.

Midnight
05-09-2007, 03:46 AM
I would just sell it. :susp:

Featherdust
05-09-2007, 03:56 AM
Rock and steel types probably, good defense and atack, makes for a nice countering strategy.

My stubbornness prevails! Introducing the new and improved Bronzong.

Bronzong @ Iron Ball | Heatproof
- Block
(Prevents user swapping out - Baton Pass works, though)
- Payback
(Double the damage if the user attacks second)
- Gyro Ball
(Higher damage inflicted depending on how much faster the opponent is)
- Heal Block
(Opponent cannot use healing moves for five turns)

spartan117
05-09-2007, 08:36 AM
I would just sell it. :susp:
Ditto(xD) I see no point of it.

Smurf
05-09-2007, 11:29 AM
It has little, and difficult, strategy potential. Probably is just best to sell it.

mootixguy
05-09-2007, 11:44 AM
The only reason that came to my mind was: Trick. There are also those Posion Barb items that damage you every turn, so those probably were also meant for Trick.

Blue_Dragon_Mew
05-09-2007, 11:57 AM
The only reason that came to my mind was: Trick. There are also those Posion Barb items that damage you every turn, so those probably were also meant for Trick.

Sticky barb can latch onto the opponent though, unless it has an item already. Poisen barb raises poisen moves:wink:

ACE91
05-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Its purpose is this: When thrown at an enemy with Fling, it has a whopping 140 base power. Flinging an Iron Ball is essentially the game's most powerful Dark-type move.

Freddy Fro
05-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Wow thats pretty good, but I just wish you could get it back after you fling it :oops:

Freddy~

Featherdust
05-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Its purpose is this: When thrown at an enemy with Fling, it has a whopping 140 base power. Flinging an Iron Ball is essentially the game's most powerful Dark-type move.

Holy. ****. But is there only one Iron Ball in the game, or can you buy more?

ACE91
05-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Holy. ****. But is there only one Iron Ball in the game, or can you buy more?

No, but you can find them underground. I've already found one extra Iron Ball that way.

Freddy Fro
05-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Ooooooor >:D

CLONE IT!!

Fro~

note: but good luck trying to clone it that is, DARN YOU NINTENDO AND YOU MAKING IT HARD TO CLONE!!

mjb4991
05-12-2007, 04:06 PM
It can be used for fling and trick room.

Lord Voldemort
05-12-2007, 04:16 PM
My stubbornness prevails! Introducing the new and improved Bronzong.

Bronzong @ Iron Ball | Heatproof
- Block
(Prevents user swapping out - Baton Pass works, though)
- Payback
(Double the damage if the user attacks second)
- Gyro Ball
(Higher damage inflicted depending on how much faster the opponent is)
- Heal Block
(Opponent cannot use healing moves for five turns)

Doesn't Gyro Ball's power depend on the weight of opponent?

Blue_Dragon_Mew
05-12-2007, 04:31 PM
Doesn't Gyro Ball's power depend on the weight of opponent?

Gyro Ball: The lower your speed is, the stronger this attack gets.
Taken right out of the Prima guide.

The Kaiser
07-19-2007, 06:01 AM
Alright, just a question on Iron Ball then. Does it actually make Flying-types vulnerable to the ground type attacks? Maybe I just missed something a few minutes ago, but I used an Earthquake against a Golbat (With Iron Ball attached), and all it said was the attack didn't affect Golbat. A glitch? Or did I just miss Golbat using some sort of crazy move to dodge Earthquake?

Draxai
07-19-2007, 06:16 AM
Alright, just a question on Iron Ball then. Does it actually make Flying-types vulnerable to the ground type attacks? Maybe I just missed something a few minutes ago, but I used an Earthquake against a Golbat (With Iron Ball attached), and all it said was the attack didn't affect Golbat. A glitch? Or did I just miss Golbat using some sort of crazy move to dodge Earthquake?
did golbat have the iron ball? or your pokemon? the OTHER pokemon has to have it, then it becomes slow and is hittable by ground moves.

The Kaiser
07-19-2007, 06:19 AM
did golbat have the iron ball? or your pokemon? the OTHER pokemon has to have it, then it becomes slow and is hittable by ground moves.

Really... see, my own Pokemon with EQ was holding it, not Golbat. Hmm, I see now, thanks for clearing that up. =)

ViciAngel
09-01-2011, 10:50 AM
You can obtain more Iron Balls in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. This is by going underground and mining for them. However, they are very rare.:susp:

Trainer17
09-01-2011, 12:45 PM
You can obtain more Iron Balls in Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. This is by going underground and mining for them. However, they are very rare.:susp:

Never revive threads that are like years old. :)

-Tsuna