PDA

View Full Version : Sims 2

The Elite Ygseto
09-17-2004, 01:25 PM
One of the best Simulator game now has a sequel! Does anyone have it, and is it worth it?

Matt & Vulpix
09-18-2004, 04:08 PM
I bought it last night, and let me tell you: Woo-hoo!

Now, your sims have one of six aspirations: knowledge, family, (there are four other ones, I forgot them, but my sims have these). From that, you can get Aspiration Points by realizing events (e.g. get a cooking point, get a job, etc) that change every so often (there are four at a time). From that, you have three fears: if these happen, you lose asp. points. (e.g fire, get stolen from, lose a family member)

Also, they have a family tree more or less. I created one family thus far, Jun & Drew Maples, and their bond is brother and sister. They can get married to other people, have children and carry on their DNA through the generations. Now, Sims live a life: they started as babies, grow up to toddlers, then to teenagers, then to adults, then to senior citizens, leading to the untimely death of the character. They live 100 days, but if you want, you can use a cheat to stop the aging process.

Towns have no limits anymore! You can make up your own lots, wherever you'd like! You can also add decorations to the town - such as rocks, a rainbow, etc, that have no real effect on the game.

THe Graphics are amazing (compared to the sims one). Everything is so cool! Gameplay was improved too: you can leave books out of the bookcase, you can get abducted by aliens (which just HAPPENS to be a fear :D) and the newspaper has new options (you get 3 job ads per day, you can do a crossword, you can make a paper-airplaine out of it...)

It's like the Sims, with new features.

The Phone has tons of options too! You can invite a friend over, arrange a meeting at a Community Lot (whatever that is! XD Getting this information from my booklet, particularly ^_^;), call for services (Like the Maid or the Caterer), call emergency services (Police/Fire), call a taxi to go to Community LOts, Call work to take a day off or announce retirment. Also, you can throw parties - four kinds, to be exact: Birthday, Wedding, Golden Anniversary and Get-Togethers. Mirrors also serve as a thing to change your hair and makeup.

Basically, it's like The Sims, with Hot Date & House Party, plus all the dazzling new features!

I could go on, so why not? LOL

Ever dreamed of having a Hotel-like-home? Well, you can come close cause now you can have FOUR STORY HOMES (Liek omg) and patios also (we could do that in SIms 1, but now it's amped up dude!). Also, if you're into the cheats, there's now a code to give you 50 Grand at a time ^_^;

Sure, they left out obvious things (Pets come to mind, Vacation too, Magic and Superstar stuff) to create expansion packs. Sure, they're money-hungry. But who cares? THIS GAME ROCKS!

The Elite Ygseto
09-19-2004, 05:51 AM
Dude that sounds awsome!

-Runs to target to buy Sims 2-

Thanks for the info!

Matthew
09-19-2004, 08:09 AM
OMG!!! I love this game so much... I was gonna make a thread for it when I got it on Thursday... the only bad thing is I don't have a graphics card that can handle the game... go the grapchis are kinda bad and it runs slow... I am going to get one soon though... just waitng for some free time!

Matt & Vulpix
09-20-2004, 08:07 PM
I can't wait to create a town and put all kinds of characters in it and make it a soap opera ^_^ It'll be funny =)... I love the Sims 2 o_O

I feel that the aging process is way too fast though. You're telling me Myrtle's only fertile for thirty days before the eggs aren't good anymore? Come on! [Don't ban me for this,. please x.x[

Matthew
09-21-2004, 03:50 PM
Heh... I know... Isn't there an aging feature you can turn off...? I thought I saw it somewhere... or maybe it was a cheat... meh.

Bandit
09-22-2004, 07:00 PM
It sound like an amazing game, I can't but it though because I'm saving up for Animal Crossing which is out this Friday in N.Ireland, HAPPY DAYS :biggrin: :biggrin:
Though I really would like the Sims 2, I;ve got The Sims Bustin' Out right now it's great but Sims 2 sound way better.

Link
09-22-2004, 11:49 PM
I just bought it a couple a days ago, and I love it. There is so much improved from the other games.

Ace
09-22-2004, 11:54 PM
I bought it last friday and I was quite - meh -

IT ROXORS MY SOXORS!!! :tongue:

Thats why I was out for a long time.

Also, there is something to turn off aging:

First in the househole, hold Ctrl + Alt + C or something like that. Then a box will appear. After that type aging_off or just aging off and to turn it back on you just have to type aging on or aging_on, I forget which. I need to play right now!

But first I was to study :eek:

Matthew
09-23-2004, 12:18 AM
I know how you feel Duke... I have been semi-inactive the last few days because I have both LG and the Sims 2 to play... lol.

Link
09-23-2004, 02:36 AM
Lol, I know most of my time has been with the Sims 2. It totally rocks.

VenusaurTrainer
09-23-2004, 03:34 AM
I love The Sims 2 just bought it yesterday and I played it for like 5 hours straight. Glad I had plenty of Coke.

Ace
09-23-2004, 03:40 AM
Meh, I cant wait till the weekend. 48 hours of Sims 2 - w00t! :tongue:

VenusaurTrainer
09-23-2004, 03:52 AM
Yeah I can't wait to play nonstop Sims. I was addicted once and I am again.

Ace
09-23-2004, 03:54 AM
The Sims 2 is like the clean version of drugs. :tongue:

Matthew
10-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Yup... very addicting :P

Anywasy... don't yell at me for reviving... I have Sims matter to talk about XD

Okay... I am playing a clean game... meaning I am not cheating! Anyways.... My guy got fired from his Lv8 Athletic job... .And right after my wife gave birth to his baby too... XD I was like.... so upset! Grrrr!!!! I made a wrong choice in those chance card thingies... I accidently mnade my players drop a piano on themselves XD ouch... lol... I went from making 1500 to 0... I was like XD lol... at least my wife has a Lv6 Scientific job... she's pulling in about 900 a day... and then I have a daughter now who just grew up and is now going to school... I almost forgot to tell her to do her homework XD... this game is hella hard now XD

Ace
10-10-2004, 09:47 PM
Update Top: I finished the trailer, and since I cannot direct link it you'll just have to navigate through my very small website - wow - how hard. :rolleyes:

(Note: Title was RagstoRiches but the trailer shows just the oppisate.) :tongue:

Movie Projects: TS2 (http://f35jsfunitedstatesaf.tripod.com/index.html)

It's okay to thread revive in these parts, just as long as it isn't from the last page. :tongue:

I'm getting used to moviemaking and I'm gonna try to make an 'underdog story' similar to "Rocky". It's going to be a short one, cuz I'm gonna try to get it in sync with the background music, which is, "Eye of a Tiger" (4:05) Heh, that's going to be my first FULL movie so that's going to be pretty tough. My story is about a guy who got divorced from his first wife, goes into a depression so bad he becomes a target of a scandal and gets fired as general, then left alone with nothing except with the clothes on his back, and then he struggles just to survive the streets, for his wife got to keep ALL of his money and his child.

Afterwards, even after suffering from a scandal, the protogonist gets a job in Politics and slowly, he crawls up to becoming the Mayor of his town. The story is probably too big to fit in 4:05 minutes so I might just put the song in the very end when he starts getting back together. The file is going to be XL so I better save some space. :tongue:

On othernews, my main sim is Vice President on his Buisness career, so it's looking good for him. (Main Sim: Single, male...uuuh:)

Main Sim (Inside Carpool):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/F35JointStrikeFighterBETA/MainSim.png

Movie Star: (One day before he got dumped, he is a General, and is getting inside his private helicopter)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/F35JointStrikeFighterBETA/MovieStar.png

About getting that sim to general, I started him from scratch and although it took a very long while, he became a general. The key of reaching the top is not having any family members, thus giving you time to make friends, and max skills. I only married the General the day after he got promoted and when he threw a big party.

UPDATE: I'm going to start on trailer production. "Eye of the Tiger" of course will be the theme song, the General will be the protogonist, and I may have a temporary website host my short series. :tongue: