PDA

View Full Version : In competitive battles...

Killer_of_Cripples
05-09-2007, 04:53 AM
Why not just use all legendaries?

Teo
05-09-2007, 04:56 AM
Seems rather cheap, but even legendary pokes can be brought down. So no point in really using them Besides, they are restricted to the nature and stats you catch them with. On top of that. They have a limited move pool. So its not really a good idea to use all Legendaries. Its more restricting than benficial.

Killer_of_Cripples
05-09-2007, 05:12 AM
Seems rather cheap, but even legendary pokes can be brought down. So no point in really using them Besides, they are restricted to the nature and stats you catch them with. On top of that. They have a limited move pool. So its not really a good idea to use all Legendaries. Its more restricting than benficial.

Eh... srry, how are they restricted to nature and stats u catch em with? Aren't all pokemon?

ps. These are prolly noob questions but ive been playing only single playa pokemon till D/P introduced teh snazzy wi-fi.

Teo
05-09-2007, 05:20 AM
Eh... srry, how are they restricted to nature and stats u catch em with? Aren't all pokemon?

ps. These are prolly noob questions but ive been playing only single playa pokemon till D/P introduced teh snazzy wi-fi.

No, Legendary pokes can't breed. So the Nature you catch them with is the nature they are stuck with.

With the other pokes, you can breed them all you want until you get the desired nature of your choice. On top of that, other pokemon have great move pools then legendary pokes.

Akiira
05-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Just bring bug or ghost pokemon to a fight... :tongue: Since almost all legendaries are psychic type, it wipes them out pretty quick.

MorganKnives
05-09-2007, 11:15 AM
I usually use a mix. Usually of one I just happen to like. As for the bug comment, $20 says that wouldn't work so well on some of the Legendaries from Kanto. Though a bug vs Moltres would be kinda funny. But yeah, I think they have their ups and downs. It's never all about stats.