PDA

View Full Version : Super Contests

mjb4991
05-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Here you can talk about tips on dressing your pokemon according to theme, dancing, and tips/combos for moves.

rebelde33
05-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Here you can talk about tips on dressing your pokemon according to theme, dancing, and tips/combos for moves.
I really don't have much luck with dressing according to themes so i'm posting here to get tips. :happy:

mjb4991
05-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Well, what pokemon are you dressing up? Also make sure you go to Amity Square for items.

rebelde33
05-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Well, what pokemon are you dressing up? Also make sure you go to Amity Square for items.
My Empoleon. Does it also depend on the pokemon? I just add random items.

mjb4991
05-10-2007, 11:07 PM
I sugest items that match it looknatural. For my Torterra I but Small pebles (which are red) in Torterra's tree to look like apples and then put it on fire with shimmering fire and I was getting about 10 hearts.

rebelde33
05-10-2007, 11:10 PM
I sugest items that match it looknatural. For my Torterra I but Small pebles (which are red) in Torterra's tree to look like apples and then put it on fire with shimmering fire and I was getting about 10 hearts.
Oh so natural has to do with nature? I never knew that....what about the rest of the themes?

Hoshika
05-10-2007, 11:12 PM
The Dress-Up part depends on what theme. Your theme was probably "The Natural". Snaggy Pebbles, Narrow, Big, and Small Leaves, Big Trees, and Flowers score very high on that.

You forgot about Poffins, too! Anyway, it appears that you'll really NEED Wireless Communication friends (not Wi-Fi) for a good Poffin. That or you can use migrated Pokémon Held Item's Berries.

For example, an Enigma Berry will make a Spicy Poffin at about level 40, and that's just alone.

Yes, I do better in Contests. Go figure. ^^;

rebelde33
05-10-2007, 11:14 PM
The Dress-Up part depends on what theme. Your theme was probably "The Natural". Snaggy Pebbles, Narrow, Big, and Small Leaves, Big Trees, and Flowers score very high on that.

You forgot about Poffins, too! Anyway, it appears that you'll really NEED Wireless Communication friends (not Wi-Fi) for a good Poffin. That or you can use migrated Pokémon Held Item's Berries.

For example, an Enigma Berry will make a Spicy Poffin at about level 40, and that's just alone.

Yes, I do better in Contests. Go figure. ^^;
Thanks! I always give it poffins but are usually at low levels...what berry would be good for beauty contests?

Freddy Fro
05-10-2007, 11:16 PM
Thanks! I always give it poffins but are usually at low levels...what berry would be good for beauty contests?

Wow a question about Poffins that I know... weird... :D

Answer: Dry berries

Note: not sure what the berry that is the best Dry is called though :D

mjb4991
05-10-2007, 11:20 PM
If beauty is dry then I sugest Pamtre berry, Chilian berry, Ganlon berry, Apicot berry, and the Micle berry.

rebelde33
05-11-2007, 03:06 AM
Thanks but I meant which dry one can yield a high level poffin?

spartan117
05-11-2007, 03:33 AM
I enetered one today for the first time and won on my second try haha xD.

diamond_fan1
05-11-2007, 03:56 AM
I enetered one today for the first time and won on my second try haha xD.
My personal favorite part of the contest is only the dress up one.
The dance one is super hard for me.And the acting one is kind of hard.

spartan117
05-11-2007, 04:06 AM
My personal favorite part of the contest is only the dress up one.
The dance one is super hard for me.And the acting one is kind of hard.
Ya me too. Im good at the dressing one and the acting one Im ok at it but I SUCK at the music/dancing one. Always get misses.

Skyler Kuhn
05-11-2007, 04:04 PM
for cool cotest, i just load the assasiries on them! it might work on other contest too! :happy:

Vai
05-11-2007, 04:27 PM
As you get higher up in contests, you're allowed more items to put on and usually I can't even see my own pokemon after I'm done chunking on accessories XD;

Uhh, I usually did all my other contest stuff on Ru/Sa when it was easier, so I brought over the pokes I used to win those contest. Fairly easy sailing from then on, 'cept the master rank ones. On the new ones you face your mom as a competitor in master ranks and you have to get everything absolutely -perfect-. So hard. x_x

The new dance stuff is irritating in my opinion, plus your pokemon has to dance around with all that stuff on, covering their face and arms, lol. Someone's zubat was leading the others while he had a huge rock accessory on his wing and it looked like it was pinning him down. Wouldn't he be in pain? D:< -end ramble-

Haelleah
05-11-2007, 05:39 PM
I wish they hadn't changed the contests quite so much, I pwned in R/S/E, and now nothing's the same, except maybe berry flavors and what they affect =/

The dance competition is annoying.

I think I'm going to use Smeargles, like I did in the previous generation. They're great for Contests, since you can Sketch for pretty much any move combo you want.

Zavelin
05-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Are there moves that "Jam" anymore?

Haelleah
05-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Are there moves that "Jam" anymore?
No. There's far less strategy to the 'Acting' category than there was in the old 'Appeal' Category :susp:

Zavelin
05-11-2007, 05:47 PM
No. There's far less strategy to the 'Acting' category than there was in the old 'Appeal' Category :susp:

Dancing > Appeal anyday.

">" represents "greater than", and thus, the four-word-rule has been acquired. =O

I put that backwards. >.>

Appeal is DEFINITELY better than Dancing.

Haelleah
05-11-2007, 05:49 PM
But I miss the good old Appeal system. *sniff*

The accessories are kinda fun, though. I'm working on getting all of the ones from that berry shop in Floaroma (hope I'm spelling that right).

Venusaur456
05-11-2007, 09:13 PM
I really don't have much luck with dressing according to themes so i'm posting here to get tips. :happy:
Even though I usually end up in fourth place, I usually win the theme part.

mjb4991
05-12-2007, 01:57 PM
How should I dress my pokemon up for The Created?