PDA

View Full Version : A Twisted Idea brought to you by LordZangoose

LordZangoose
05-11-2007, 01:35 AM
Well, I don't plan on it coming in effect for a while (after the WAR perhaps), but Ihave an idea for an RP that is in the rough stages. I plan on having it invite only, but if you know you're a friend of mine, or are confident in your RPing skills, feel free to post suggestions.

Anyway, the RP itself, for the most part, won't have very much interaction between RPers. However, to make up for this, you will have a whole custom-made nation to keep you company. In the RP, your character will be chosen to partake in a revolutionary experiment based on areas of their personality that would fit different parts of a country's foundation. You are brought together to test a new piece of science created by many great minds. The piece of science I speak of is a miniature version of human life, artificially created by scientists. You can mold the creatures into any society or nation you wish them to be, and can play god with their lives. The idea will likely be sold to the rich and famous of America for outrageous prices, but first, you must test it. You can make a country consumed by war efforts, a eutopian peaceful society, or a politician's haven. You can even attack other societies with your own if you wish, and conquer their resources, adding them to your empire. Total power will be yours.

Like it?

EonMythos
05-11-2007, 02:05 AM
It does sound very interesting, but it would need quite a bit more shaping before it could be started. We'd need a few restrictions, detailed information about what we're going to be testing, side effects you might want to add, and things like that.

But, for being in it's rough stages, it's a really good idea. ^^ I'd be happy to help you with the planning and what not, if you would like. I see great potential for it as a RP.

Thought: Heh, I myself would have a Spartan Utopia. ^^

LordZangoose
05-11-2007, 02:16 AM
It does sound very interesting, but it would need quite a bit more shaping before it could be started. We'd need a few restrictions, detailed information about what we're going to be testing, side effects you might want to add, and things like that.

But, for being in it's rough stages, it's a really good idea. ^^ I'd be happy to help you with the planning and what not, if you would like. I see great potential for it as a RP.

Thought: Heh, I myself would have a Spartan Utopia. ^^

I planned on having various back-trackings to your colony, such as natural disasters and rival species. I thank you for your help.

I'm going to do a Norse or Visigoth society myself.

EonMythos
05-11-2007, 02:33 AM
That probably works. But, does it have any sort of effect on the person using it? Or glitches that might make your colony turn against what you say? Because, if it's in the test stages, most things still have glitches within them that haven't been worked out. A nice, big glitch might be a good plot point for an arc of the RP.

Not to mention if they were all based off real civilizations then there would be several natural conflicts between them. Like if someone took on the Persian empire, my Spartan civilization would, at some point, have a disagreement with them, and then they'd probably have a battle. But, since it's not just the Spartans and Persians, they might befriend other civilizations around them, at which time the battles would be more epic. Or, the Persians could completely befriend the Spartans, depending on what the two playing them want.

*cough* Yeah, I'm quite fond of the idea, and the way it seems so many combinations could be put together. We could have things like the Greeks fighting alongside Japanese Samurai, or New World Cowboys fighting with the Vikings. ^o^ That would be cool.

Lord Fedora
05-11-2007, 03:25 AM
This reminds me of a Stargate Atlantis episode, "The Game". Sheperd and McKay found a console inside of Atlantis that served as a sort of game, where you had your village and someone else had a village nearby and then you had to try and make your village the best. It's also sort of like Black and White, the computer game, with the exception of the fact that you don't get to be God. I'm interested, and you can expect my sign-up the moment it comes up, although Kitty-Chan is right, it will require some fine-tuning. Me, I'm gonna go with a British Empire, or perhaps Romans. Someone with an Empire. Yeah, I'm gonna go with the Romans.

Neptune
05-11-2007, 03:38 AM
Heh, like an RP version of those world-builder computer games. I'll help plan. Is this going to have a specific storyline or be more of a sandbox thing?

Also, I am having problems deciding between psychic-power-world and magical-water-world. Perhaps magical-water-psychic-power world? X3

EonMythos
05-11-2007, 03:48 AM
Hmm, if we can modify the civilizations I'm giving the Spartan females something to do too. ^^ Because, the Spartans being as proud as they were, most likely thought more highly of their females than other civilizations.

So, they'll be archers. Clad in tougher leather armor and taught not only to be a good marksman (er, woman) but a good tracker as well. Gotta have more verity than just their warriors. :tongue:

You know, considering how much I like Black and White, I don't know why I didn't notice that till now. XD

Lord Fedora
05-11-2007, 04:58 AM
Hm, I'll have to do some research on the Romans. Or I could go with Egyptian culture. Yeah, I think I'll go with that. I know a bit more about Egyptian culture.

LordZangoose
05-11-2007, 11:26 AM
That probably works. But, does it have any sort of effect on the person using it? Or glitches that might make your colony turn against what you say? Because, if it's in the test stages, most things still have glitches within them that haven't been worked out. A nice, big glitch might be a good plot point for an arc of the RP.

Not to mention if they were all based off real civilizations then there would be several natural conflicts between them. Like if someone took on the Persian empire, my Spartan civilization would, at some point, have a disagreement with them, and then they'd probably have a battle. But, since it's not just the Spartans and Persians, they might befriend other civilizations around them, at which time the battles would be more epic. Or, the Persians could completely befriend the Spartans, depending on what the two playing them want.

*cough* Yeah, I'm quite fond of the idea, and the way it seems so many combinations could be put together. We could have things like the Greeks fighting alongside Japanese Samurai, or New World Cowboys fighting with the Vikings. ^o^ That would be cool.

Glitches will be apparent, as well as enemies created by the people who made it, famines, plagues, and wars. The other things is though, ancient civilizations only.

This reminds me of a Stargate Atlantis episode, "The Game". Sheperd and McKay found a console inside of Atlantis that served as a sort of game, where you had your village and someone else had a village nearby and then you had to try and make your village the best. It's also sort of like Black and White, the computer game, with the exception of the fact that you don't get to be God. I'm interested, and you can expect my sign-up the moment it comes up, although Kitty-Chan is right, it will require some fine-tuning. Me, I'm gonna go with a British Empire, or perhaps Romans. Someone with an Empire. Yeah, I'm gonna go with the Romans.

Thank you for helping me. The idea began when I played Black and White, but I have alot more planned.

Heh, like an RP version of those world-builder computer games. I'll help plan. Is this going to have a specific storyline or be more of a sandbox thing?

Also, I am having problems deciding between psychic-power-world and magical-water-world. Perhaps magical-water-psychic-power world? X3

It's going to have a storyline, but for the most part, it will be sandbox with minimal player interaction.

Hmm, if we can modify the civilizations I'm giving the Spartan females something to do too. ^^ Because, the Spartans being as proud as they were, most likely thought more highly of their females than other civilizations.

So, they'll be archers. Clad in tougher leather armor and taught not only to be a good marksman (er, woman) but a good tracker as well. Gotta have more verity than just their warriors. :tongue:

You know, considering how much I like Black and White, I don't know why I didn't notice that till now. XD

Yeah, you can modify basically everything about your civilization. From war specialties to religion to where they live (you might have to fight for position) to what their diet consists of.

Neptune
05-11-2007, 03:30 PM
What's the verdict on magic/psychic powers? Any civilization I create will probably be a combination of several ancient ones, which doesn't seem to be disallowed, but I like using magic (it would help with said water world XD). Does the character we're playing appear in the game itself, like with very advanced virtual reality? That could create some issues with being attacked and feeling pain, having psychological issues, and maybe dying if it's going to be Matrix-ish.

Does Atlantis count as an ancient civilization? Because if it does, I'm basing my civilization off of that. X3

Draconic_Espeon
05-11-2007, 09:09 PM
Looks cool. Though, I have to ask...

Does our 'new race' have to actually be completely human? DNA splicing sounds fun to me. Ooh, human/bat/iguana crosses... Besides, there's more creativity in adding animals into the mix. Neptune could have her Atlantis people with a human/dolphin or human/fish cross.

I'm not real sure if magic would be good, especially since this is going to be more along the lines of scientific. Magic could very possibly give our creations and edge over ourselves and make them revolt.

Also, how big are they going to be? For some reason I picture them being mini people in a glass container. X3 And, if they're not small, we also have to think of where we'll put them. Earth is over crowded as it is, so that's a no-no. Maybe we could do it WAY in the future, like us Earthlings have moved to a new planet and a nearby one is perfect for life, and we want to experiment there.

Oh, another thing... Could we do partners as an option? Have your character team up with another perso's character to create a species. Either way, it sounds like we'll have some fun with this. ^^

Lord Fedora
05-11-2007, 09:40 PM

Does our 'new race' have to actually be completely human? DNA splicing sounds fun to me. Ooh, human/bat/iguana crosses... Besides, there's more creativity in adding animals into the mix. Neptune could have her Atlantis people with a human/dolphin or human/fish cross.

I'm not real sure if magic would be good, especially since this is going to be more along the lines of scientific. Magic could very possibly give our creations and edge over ourselves and make them revolt.

Also, how big are they going to be? For some reason I picture them being mini people in a glass container. X3 And, if they're not small, we also have to think of where we'll put them. Earth is over crowded as it is, so that's a no-no. Maybe we could do it WAY in the future, like us Earthlings have moved to a new planet and a nearby one is perfect for life, and we want to experiment there.

Oh, another thing... Could we do partners as an option? Have your character team up with another perso's character to create a species. Either way, it sounds like we'll have some fun with this. ^^
I like the partner idea. But they're going to be computer simulations, so they won't exist, meaning space doesn't exist. Also, idea for a plot twist, I remember from that particular episode of Stargate Atlantis that the game had turned out not to be a game, but a sociological experiment which involved actual villages on other planets, and McKay and Sheperd accidentaly started a war between them because they had been messing too much with their lives. Wouldn't that be interesting? Also, the alternate species thing is a great idea. Take this to the next level and move it from civiizations on earth to alien species on other planets.

LordZangoose
05-12-2007, 12:29 AM
What's the verdict on magic/psychic powers? Any civilization I create will probably be a combination of several ancient ones, which doesn't seem to be disallowed, but I like using magic (it would help with said water world XD). Does the character we're playing appear in the game itself, like with very advanced virtual reality? That could create some issues with being attacked and feeling pain, having psychological issues, and maybe dying if it's going to be Matrix-ish.

Does Atlantis count as an ancient civilization? Because if it does, I'm basing my civilization off of that. X3

Well, I don't plan on using magic, but I might keep it open because it is interesting. It might also cause the problem of some people just destroying an entire army with one spell, or things like that. As for creating the character, you create the person you actually are, and have them mold their own leaders to rule their nation, possibly in their own image, or as their polar opposite.

And no, Atlantis will not count because then you would have no enemies unless someone created a second Atlantis.

Having all humans might make it easier so someone won't make their race be able to swim, fly, run at super fast speeds and jump long distances as a result of splicing. But as long as you keep your new race in check, it should be fine. Be wary that you will need to create a whole nother form for your new race.

Rolling along here, the creatures will be played as if they were the size of humans, but then you might transition out to the actual human size for discussions with other players, where you will see them as each individual being around the size of an ant. However, if I decide to make the creation of them virtual, you can zoom in to make it more visible. If I do it this way, then that will solve the size problem, but otherwise, it will be performed on a large ranch bought by the company that has been molded to form a miniature world, complete with oceans, rivers, plains, mountains, and the like.

And alliances are possible, and at times, may be neccessary. However, creating a new species between the two of them would take hundreds of thousands of years, so it's not very realistic.

I like the partner idea. But they're going to be computer simulations, so they won't exist, meaning space doesn't exist. Also, idea for a plot twist, I remember from that particular episode of Stargate Atlantis that the game had turned out not to be a game, but a sociological experiment which involved actual villages on other planets, and McKay and Sheperd accidentaly started a war between them because they had been messing too much with their lives. Wouldn't that be interesting? Also, the alternate species thing is a great idea. Take this to the next level and move it from civiizations on earth to alien species on other planets.

I might play this out as Spore. I'll explain in a minute, but I need to go eat dinner now.

Alright, here we go. Instead of beginning with a large, powerful kingdom, your group is a small tribe of your race or people. They could either be nomadic or in a set territory, but to gain more resources and the like, it would help to settle. As you settle and your industry begins to grow, or you take over more land and more people and more crops, your people grow more advanced and populate more. Eventually, you will build villages, then towns, then cities. The more advanced your people grow, the more powerful they become and the more wealthy your city gets. Then, after your science begins to develop, you make innovations to the existing facets of living. You may develop guns after many centuries, and centuries after that, cars and maybe even a space program. Farther down the road, you may even be able to colonize other planets and moons to have your people live on and attack other people from. Of course, this would take a long time and the RP would go a while before that happened.

Draconic_Espeon
05-12-2007, 01:46 AM
Be wary that you will need to create a whole nother form for your new race.

But LZ, I love doing forms. ^^

But yes, I do very much plan on splicing. Maybe you could limit it? Only animal genes, no more than two, and they can only be good at one thing. (Flying, running, swimming, ect.)

And yeah, I think I could go with a tribe. Start it out small. I'll be able to name all my little mini people, then.

I'm still going with a bat/something cross. Maybe Poison Dart frogs? For a variety of colors, naturally. Or, I'll stick with iguanas. So much to ponder...

LordZangoose
05-12-2007, 01:50 AM
But LZ, I love doing forms. ^^

But yes, I do very much plan on splicing. Maybe you could limit it? Only animal genes, no more than two, and they can only be good at one thing. (Flying, running, swimming, ect.)

And yeah, I think I could go with a tribe. Start it out small. I'll be able to name all my little mini people, then.

I'm still going with a bat/something cross. Maybe Poison Dart frogs? For a variety of colors, naturally. Or, I'll stick with iguanas. So much to ponder...

Only you D_E, only you XD.

For splicing, I think having one animal's abilities (to a degree) and then two animal's looks(one must be the one used for powers) and a few body parts.

I think a tribe is set in stone now, but I'm not sure if I want to let it advance to the point of modern warfare. We could just do once it hits a large, but ancient city, it can't expand technology wise.

Draconic_Espeon
05-12-2007, 02:06 AM
Sounds good to me. Mini atomic bombs could have a negative affect on the local wildlife. Speaking of which...

Will our mini people have domesticated animals? Cows, pigs, horses, dogs... They're kinda essential. And then there's wild animals. If our people are going to be mini, they'll have to watch out for spiders, other large bugs, animals... This is supposing they are actually out on a ranch somewhere.

LordZangoose
05-12-2007, 02:10 AM
Sounds good to me. Mini atomic bombs could have a negative affect on the local wildlife. Speaking of which...

Will our mini people have domesticated animals? Cows, pigs, horses, dogs... They're kinda essential. And then there's wild animals. If our people are going to be mini, they'll have to watch out for spiders, other large bugs, animals... This is supposing they are actually out on a ranch somewhere.

Ooh... great point. I might have a few large bugs in the RP (one for each tribe), but no more than that. Those could be the powerful enemies of the tribes. As for domesticated animals, they can be obtained once you settle and such.

Draconic_Espeon
05-12-2007, 02:18 AM
Okay, that's all the questions I have for now. Don't worry, I'll think of more later.

Lord Fedora
05-12-2007, 04:16 AM
Hmmmm. Spiders. How could that fit into an Egyptian society? Excuse me, I must check Wikipedia for an Egyptian spider god.

LordZangoose
05-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Hello.... Any more thoughts on this people?

RawrIsMyMiddleName
05-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Do it. It's awesome. I may not join, but I like the plot.

LordZangoose
05-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Thanks. Also, I have a new idea on the invite only thing. Rather than PMing people with invites, I'll just have a list of RPers allowed to join the game.

skiboydoggy
05-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Thanks. Also, I have a new idea on the invite only thing. Rather than PMing people with invites, I'll just have a list of RPers allowed to join the game.
Aww... Does that mean I can't join?

Lord Fedora
05-13-2007, 03:50 PM
It depends on wether or not LZ respects you or considers you a friend. Invite only means that he's hand-selecting the people who can join.

Draconic_Espeon
05-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Hm... How will they be able to grow food? All our agricultural plants are way too big for them to use. Maybe develop mini plants?

They can use grasshoppers as horses. =P

Blue-
05-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Sounds good.

I've never heard of an RP that's invite only before. :\ I'll see how this turns out...

LordZangoose
05-13-2007, 05:08 PM

I really want you to join, after seeing your performances from afar. I'll go looking through every RP I can find and have a list of people I'll allow to join inside the thread. You're definitely in.

It depends on wether or not LZ respects you or considers you a friend. Invite only means that he's hand-selecting the people who can join.

Oh, he's in for sure.

Hm... How will they be able to grow food? All our agricultural plants are way too big for them to use. Maybe develop mini plants?

They can use grasshoppers as horses. =P

Well, I was thinking that to go with the scientists making mini-humans, they'll also genetically engineer many plants to be scaled down.

As for horses, think shield bug or pill bug.

Sounds good.

I've never heard of an RP that's invite only before. :\ I'll see how this turns out...

Don't worry you'll be allowed in.

Announcements!

One, I'm thinking of starting this by next week, so be ready. And two, if you think there are some people who should be allowed in that I might not see, PM me their names.

Draconic_Espeon
05-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Okay, then, though I figured that.

Wait... Next week?! Isn't that a little soon? Well, sign-ups do usually take a while...

I have no one currently, but I'll brainstorm. ^^

LordZangoose
05-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Okay, then, though I figured that.

Wait... Next week?! Isn't that a little soon? Well, sign-ups do usually take a while...

I have no one currently, but I'll brainstorm. ^^

It is a little soon, but if the people want to wait longer, I have no problem with that.

Oh, D_E, remember, it has to be an ancient leader type of person.

Lord Celebi
05-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Sounds like Spore. And since Spore is good, but not coming out until 2009, its a good idea. I'll see what's going on when sign-ups open. I may join, depending if I get anymore work before I'm out of school or not.

Neptune
05-14-2007, 05:21 PM
Can I base it off of Atlantis and some other actual civilization? XD *makes note to look up some good civilizations* Also, if magic is open, that would be awesome. Just heavily restrict it--you need experience to use spells, and you get tired if you overuse them, stuff like that. I just need magic for the actual building of my civilization (you can't have floating tubes of water without technology or magic). And yay animal splicing--I can have dolphin people!