PDA

View Full Version : Rap Music Discussion

Xtra
05-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Who here loves hip-hop and rap music? Personally, I LOVE it. It is misunderstood for dribble and senseless nonesence. But it is to people who rap about money, and grills, and ladies dancing wrong. Listen to a good music album my Lauren Hill, and the Fugees, and you will find out what rappers mean. And it isn't a black thing to like rap. I had someone ask me why I liked rap music. Yes I am black, but I love rock music almost just as much.

I love rap music, for it speaks to the listener in a way that can only be shown in music. Those words need a rhythm to me to stand out and be heard. The type of poetry is so misunderstood that no-one cares to listen about it as it slowly dies. It is a great form of music, thayt doesn't deserve to be disrespected by the likliness of stupid and un-important music.

What do you guys think?

Outlawz
05-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Who here loves hip-hop and rap music? Personally, I LOVE it. It is misunderstood for dribble and senseless nonesence. But it is to people who rap about money, and grills, and ladies dancing wrong. Listen to a good music album my Lauren Hill, and the Fugees, and you will find out what rappers mean. And it isn't a black thing to like rap. I had someone ask me why I liked rap music. Yes I am black, but I love rock music almost just as much.

What do you guys think?

Not Rap, not even close.

All give some actuall good rappers

NaS
2Pac
B.I.G.
Eazy-E
NWA
Wu-Tang Clan
Method Man
RedMan
Snoop Dogg
Gangsta Dresta
Beegee Knockout
Ice Cube

Xtra
05-11-2007, 11:01 PM
Lauren Hill is a rapper. She raps about stuff in life. Her home, her life, her memories. go google her, and get it through your head that she is one of the greatest female rappers of all time.

Pokemonstrosity
05-11-2007, 11:24 PM
Sage Francis' new album just dropped Tuesday, and it's freshness is guaranteed.

Oh, and it's called "Hiphop", not "Rap". Respect!

Xtra
05-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Rap Music is a branch of Hip Hop. So is Rand B.

Outlawz
05-11-2007, 11:31 PM
Lauren Hill is a rapper. She raps about stuff in life. Her home, her life, her memories. go google her, and get it through your head that she is one of the greatest female rappers of all time.

It's called R&B, and it sucks, theres no such thing as a good female rapper. The onlt thing Rap and R&B have in common is that there usually sung by black people.

Xtra
05-11-2007, 11:47 PM
You little....!
Rap Music yes is sang by black people most of the time, but Lauren Hill's music is sometimes R&B. Walk up to her in a rapping or freestyle contest and she will whip your butt like no tomorrow. I have my opinion and you have yours.

Outlawz
05-11-2007, 11:51 PM
You little....!
Rap Music yes is sang by black people most of the time, but Lauren Hill's music is sometimes R&B. Walk up to her in a rapping or freestyle contest and she will whip your butt like no tomorrow. I have my opinion and you have yours.

Yea, but I dont sing so of course she'll beat me, that doesn't really prove anything except that she can beat a 16 year old white kid in a rap battle, MAD PROPZ TO HER!!!

Xtra
05-11-2007, 11:54 PM
That's disrespectful. Get her to face a rapper like 50 Cent and she will demolish him as well. She is the best female freestlyer out there.

Pokemonstrosity
05-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Rap Music is a branch of Hip Hop. So is Rand B.

No, you're very confused.

"Rap", is what someone does over a Hiphop track. "Rap music" is a very outdated term only used now-a-days by televangelists and television news media.

Under the over-genre of "Pop" R&B incorporates quite a bit of Hiphop, just like almost every other musical genre since 1986. Don't get me wrong; these two certainly share a special & seemingly ever-increasing affinity but they are still very distinct genres of their own.

Xtra
05-12-2007, 12:37 AM
Rap music lives on. But it is slowly dieing everyday. Pokemonstrosity, I understand you. Rap Music and R&B are very different, but are common. R&B is to love, while Rap is to Life. Or so I think.

Outlawz
05-12-2007, 12:51 AM
That's disrespectful. Get her to face a rapper like 50 Cent and she will demolish him as well. She is the best female freestlyer out there.

Yea, like her competition is any good? Seriously, not saying much that she can beat 50, put her up with NaS, she chokes, hardcore.

Xtra
05-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Not really. that would be a fair match, but I am not sure if Nas freestyles.

Pokemonstrosity
05-12-2007, 01:48 AM
Rap music lives on. But it is slowly dieing everyday.

Do you know something I don't?

Does "Rap music" have... :sad: cancer? :cry:

:neutral: Maybe that's true of radio & TV, but not @ my house! UHhh!

Matt
05-12-2007, 01:55 AM
Rap is gone. I don't want to hear a song about throwing D's on a Cadallick, why some dude is hot, or how someone is ridin' dirty or any of that (pardon my english) ****. Bring back rappers that actually give stories and that will honestly touch some one with their "poetry" and I will start listening.

Xtra
05-12-2007, 01:59 AM
My brother is a rapper. He raps about important stuff in life like young childbirth, and growing up alone. Youll see him in stores one day, and you'll be amazed by his album. Even Defense well be amazed!

Outlawz
05-12-2007, 02:05 AM
Rap is gone. I don't want to hear a song about throwing D's on a Cadallick, why some dude is hot, or how someone is ridin' dirty or any of that (pardon my english) ****. Bring back rappers that actually give stories and that will honestly touch some one with their "poetry" and I will start listening.

It's called underground.

Shiny Loser
05-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Meee, I love rap, it isn't senseless, take Eminem's "Stan" for example. But I have to say, Eminem's earlier songs had more message as it reflected his hard life. Now, it seems like he has forgotten his past..

Pokemonstrosity
05-12-2007, 11:53 AM

Again, this is what Hiphop sounds like on TV & radio.

Get beyond that shallow exterior, and try some Mr.Lif, Sage Francis, Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Deltron... if you want hiphop that isn't a complete mockery of itself.

sonickid01
05-12-2007, 12:20 PM

And yet, we think she isn't a real rapper, Outlaw. She has raps of her life and her own problems, and the world. But the only good rap is the one that talks about the whores and hoes that we all have to f**k to be cool. Go sue, I'm telling it like it is.

That really just pissed me off, now.

Eh, I know a rapper. Official rapper, with an album I think. He raps similarly to all these other guys, but there's one difference. I heard one of his raps, and it had meaning, and importance. It must be the symbol of the American army or something.

What you fight for?
Love. Respect. Hate.
What you fight for?
Pride. Honor. Faith.
What you fight for?
Family. Friends. Belief.
What you fight for?
Justice. Humanity. Peace.
What you fight for?
Mind. Heart. Soul.
Whatever you fight for, I never lose sight of my goal,
Cause I'm a general.
I'm a renegade.
Never put the pen away,
Til I see a better day.

Outlawz
05-12-2007, 04:54 PM
And yet, we think she isn't a real rapper, Outlaw. She has raps of her life and her own problems, and the world. But the only good rap is the one that talks about the whores and hoes that we all have to f**k to be cool. Go sue, I'm telling it like it is.

That really just pissed me off, now.

Eh, I know a rapper. Official rapper, with an album I think. He raps similarly to all these other guys, but there's one difference. I heard one of his raps, and it had meaning, and importance. It must be the symbol of the American army or something.

What you fight for?
Love. Respect. Hate.
What you fight for?
Pride. Honor. Faith.
What you fight for?
Family. Friends. Belief.
What you fight for?
Justice. Humanity. Peace.
What you fight for?
Mind. Heart. Soul.
Whatever you fight for, I never lose sight of my goal,
Cause I'm a general.
I'm a renegade.
Never put the pen away,
Til I see a better day.

No, mainstream rap is gay, it's all about old skool and underground, once Snoop sold out and went mainstream his songs wern't nearly as good, but Lauren Hill, I cant stand listining to female rappers, just not my style, For instance im listining to some NWA right now. "Hey mr. dopeman you think your slick, you sold crack to my sister and now shes sick, but if she happens to die because of your drug I'm putting in your culo a 38 slug" gotta love it. NaS's NY State of Mind is one of the best rap songs out there, no matter how old it is.

Demon_Shiron
05-24-2007, 12:03 PM
No, mainstream rap is gay, it's all about old skool and underground, once Snoop sold out and went mainstream his songs wern't nearly as good, but Lauren Hill, I cant stand listining to female rappers, just not my style, For instance im listining to some NWA right now. "Hey mr. dopeman you think your slick, you sold crack to my sister and now shes sick, but if she happens to die because of your drug I'm putting in your culo a 38 slug" gotta love it. NaS's NY State of Mind is one of the best rap songs out there, no matter how old it is.

Exactly! I can't stand public or mainstream rap, it's all about the underground. Mainstream rap has been talkin about the same stuff for the last 10+ years: how they got money, hoes, cars, sayin they're "gangsters", and talkin about all this crap they don't really have or do. The underground stuff, people can actually relate to a lot of the songs. I can relate to the song "Afraid of Me" by Twiztid, cuz the world really is afraid of me. anywhere i go, I can see it in people's eyes, they're afraid.

eptesicus
05-24-2007, 05:46 PM

What do you guys think?

I like some rap/hip hop, like Jay Z, Eminem, and Missy Elliott. I listened to The Fugees in the 90's when my mom liked their "Killing Me Softly" song.
oh and you guys are spelling her name wrong, it's Lauryn Hill, not Lauren.

Shiny Loser
05-25-2007, 02:13 PM
I love all kinds of rap. I wish I could start an album, but I'm just not good enough. I listen to both the 'problem' rap and the 'n**ga n hoes' rap. They're all quite enjoyable, in different ways of course. I can't see why anyone would hate it. What's to hate? It's just music anyway.

Echo
05-25-2007, 02:26 PM
I used to listen to rap, but it got overcommercialized and MTV made rap their new trademark. Now when I see some pathetic try-out rappers on music videos, I either laugh or cry at them. If someone has seen a video of the song This Is Why I'm Hot by Mims, you know what I mean by crying at rap. I can't explain in words how huge my hatred for the current known rappers is. That's mainly because I am deeply disturbed with materializing women and that gangstashityo has never really affected me.

I am quite fond of Tupac Shakur though, because I crave for lyrical complexity and he feeds my hunger for that in terms of rap. I have been recently deleting all other rappers from my computer, because I tend to skip the songs everytime they randomly come by.

KOR
05-25-2007, 02:37 PM
I only like some rap. There is some rap in some of Linkin Park's old songs and i like Eminem but besides that thats it. I don't like alot of rap and hip-hop just because of the lyrics. I like the beat and all but uggh the stupid lyrics about the money, the cars, the girls, it all gets so annoying.