PDA

View Full Version : Sinnoh Gym Leader Applications

Pages : [1] 2

Dr Scott
05-15-2007, 08:08 AM
Information: Apply for the Sinnoh Gyms here. Simply enough, use the forum at the bottom of this post and put your own information there. Afterwards, you will battle those who also want the same gym, with the winners taking their rightful place and whatnot. You may also only apply for one <3.

Also, if you want to try out, do not think you should not because you are new or weak. If you want to try, then do it. There is nothing to lose in trying, and you might just meet a few friends or learn tricks along the way <3.

Gyms

-Oreburgh City
Type: Rock
Badge: Coal Badge

-Eterna City
Type: Grass
Badge: Forest Badge

-Veilstone City
Type: Fighting
Badge: Cobal Badge

-Pastoria City
Type: Water
Badge: Fen Badge

-Hearthome City
Type: Ghost
Badge: Relic Badge

-Canalave City
Type: Steel
Badge: Mine Badge

-Snowpoint City
Type: Ice
Badge: Glaceon Badge

-Sunyshore City
Type: Electric
Badge: Beacon Badge

Sign-Up Form

~Name: Obvious.
~Gym Applying For: Which gym you wish to be the leader of.
~Gym Pokemon: All the type of the gym, though one does not have to be, but has to tie in with the type somehow. Example: Aerodactyl in Dragon. Also, you must own at least 2 of the type (Specify which you own). This team will be used in the mini-tournament to decide the leader, or two. Maximum of 6
~TM you will use: Which you will give out to trainers who win.

Subside
05-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Oh, this will be interesting, i can smell the drama already! good luck to all the applicants, i look forward to taking your badges soon :D

The fights for the Ghost and Water gyms will be long winded, perhaps we should limit the applications slightly?

All-Star
05-15-2007, 11:25 AM
~Name: Chase
~Gym Applying For: Pastoria
~Gym Pokemon: Kingdra [Own]; Ludicolo [Own]; Starmie [Own]; Golduck [Own]; Milotic [Own]; Poliwrath [Own]; Gyarados [Own]; Feraligatr [Own]
~TM you will use: TM Brine

Ketamine
05-15-2007, 11:32 AM
~Name: Michael
~Gym Applying For: Oreburgh City
~Gym Pokemon: Golem (Own), Tyranitar (Own), Steelix (Own), Rampardos (Own), Cradily (Own), Bastidon (Own)
~TM you will use: Stone edge

Subside
05-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Oh, i had a better Idea XD FFA if there are too many applicants! would have to be limited to 3 mons each and such.

Would be very interesting to ref/watch.

Gastlygoo
05-15-2007, 11:59 AM
~Name: Nicholas
~Gym Applying For: Hearthrome
~Gym Pokemon:
Own:
Gengar
Duskull

Rent:

Mismagus
Frosslass
Spiritomb
Banette
~TM you will use: Shadow claw

Ataro
05-15-2007, 12:25 PM
~Gym Pokemon:
Own:
Gengar

Rent:
Dusknoir
Mismagus
Frosslass
Spiritomb
Banette
~TM you will use: Shadow ball

You must own at least 2 of the specific type of the gym to apply.

Steak
05-15-2007, 12:32 PM
~Name: Steak
~Gym Applying For: Snowpoint
~Gym Pokemon: Dewgong
Totodile(it knows Ice Beam ;_; I'll evolve it, I swear)

Rent:
Abomasnow

~TM you will use: Avalaunche (w/e)

WILL EDIT

Ridley
05-15-2007, 01:41 PM
~TM you will use: Shadow ball

I have Ecruteak Gym, and already have Shadow Ball as my TM. So unless the rules were changed, I think you're gonna have to go with Shadow Claw.

Dog of Hellsing
05-15-2007, 06:14 PM
~Name: Tyranitar_Trainer
~Gym Applying For: Snowpoint, I guess
~Gym Pokemon: OWN: Glaceon, Lapras ----- RENT: Weavile, Froslass, Walrein, Abomasnow
~TM you will use: TM Avalanche ^^

Marth
05-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Silly Scott, you have to stick the important threads with super-goo-ever-lasting-glue.
*Sticks it on Scott's head*

LS
05-15-2007, 06:30 PM
~Name: LS
~Gym Pokemon: Gyarados (OWN) Crawdaunt (OWN) Kingdra (OWN) Ludicolo (OWN) Poliwrath (OWN) Kabutops (OWN) Lapras (OWN)
~TM you will use: Brine

Smurf
05-15-2007, 06:37 PM
Pastoria City

~Name:Smurf
~Gym Pokemon: Slowbro, Lanturn, Kingdra, Milotic, Swampert, and Gyrados, Lapras. Own all of them. Soon, I'll have Vaporeon as well.
~TM you will use: Brine.

I own six so does that mean I get four more rentals? O_o Sorry, that's a new rule to me since I've been gone so long. Vaporeon(Soon to be owned), Ludicolo, and Starmie will be my rentals, if that's the case.

Pokemon I'll be using for the Tourny: Slowbro(Own), Milotic(Own), Kingdra(Own), Swampert(own), Lanturn(Own), and Gyarados

Pichufan4
05-15-2007, 08:02 PM
i want.... Hearthome!!

~Name: Pichufan4 (Jim is the real name)
~Gym Applying For: the ghost gym of Hearthome City
~Gym Pokemon:
OWN:
1. Gengar
2. Banette
3. Mismagius

RENT:
4. Dusknoir (currently own a Duskull)
5. Froslass
6. Rotom

~TM you will use: TM Shadow Claw

once i obtain enough to add more (i think u need to own six to add more, could someone specify for me please? much thanks), i plan to also add Umbreon, Spiritomb, Sabeleye, and Drifblim to the mix as well. i hope to get it! :biggrin:

Ridley
05-15-2007, 08:03 PM
once i obtain enough to add more (i think u need to own six to add more, could someone specify for me please? much thanks)

I think, when you own 4, you can add 2, and when you own 6, you can add 4

Pichufan4
05-15-2007, 08:06 PM
okay so (just to specify), currently i can only have six. when i get two more owned i can have 8 and when i own 6 i can have 10?

thanks for helping ridley!

Ridley
05-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Yes, that is correct

Pichufan4
05-15-2007, 08:16 PM
sweet thank you very much

AmericanTreeFrog
05-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Snowpoint City
Type: Ice
Badge: Glaceon Badge
Name: ATF

Pokemon:
Degong[O]
Lapras[O]
Cloyster[O]
Walrein[O]
Slowking[O]
Jynx[O]
Now that I own six I'll add

Weavile[R]
Glaceon[R]
Abomasnow[R]
Mamoswine[R]

Tm: Avalanche

If Slowking doesn't count take away Glaceon and Abomasnow from the rent list.

SiberianTiger
05-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Interesting, look forward to the money I'll be making off you guys.

BTW Who will be supervising this region? Scott I take it?

~Isaiah

Pichufan4
05-16-2007, 12:51 AM
who eve chooses the gym i just wanted to tell you in my application i now own Mismagius. just wanted to say.

Leman
05-16-2007, 01:17 AM
Wow, I think I already lost the Pastoria.

Anyways:

~Name: Leman
~Gym Pokemon: OWN: Kingdra, Blastoise, Dragonite, Ludicolo, Gyarados, Lapras, Pelliper, Vaporeon RENT: Swampert, Lanturn

Ataro
05-16-2007, 05:44 AM
Wow, I think I already lost the Pastoria.

Anyways:

~Name: Leman
~Gym Pokemon: OWN: Kingdra, BLastoise, Dragonite, Ludicolo, Gyarados (Can I use both?), Lapras (RENT: Milotic, Starmie, Swampert, Lanturn

Can I apply for more than one?

No, you can't. It's stated in the first post.

Dog of Hellsing
05-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Hmmmm, for those of us who need to battle others if more than one person is applying for the same Gym: do we get money and stuff for these battles? I'm assuming not, but I just wanted to ask.

Loyal Arcanine
05-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Hmmmm, for those of us who need to battle others if more than one person is applying for the same Gym: do we get money and stuff for these battles? I'm assuming not, but I just wanted to ask.
Yes, you do. They're just normal battles, except like a tournament they count on some sort of scale.

~Falcon~
05-17-2007, 02:55 AM
:]
~Name: Lsukid
~Gym Applying For: Veilstone
~Gym Pokemon: Breloom(own), Heracross (own) Lucario (rent) Gallade (rent) Toxicroak (rent) Primape (rent)
~TM you will use: Focus Blast

:] only one (hopefully)

Gold Rush
05-17-2007, 03:20 PM
-Hearthome City

~Name: Adam
~Gym Applying For: -Hearthome City
~Gym Pokemon:

OWN-
Gengar
Dusknoir
Mismagus

Rent-
Frosslass
Drifblim
Houndoom

~TM you will use: Shadow Claw

P.S I have a shuppet that needs 1 more battle till Evo

FrozenChaos
05-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Rawr...

~Name: Iona
~Gym Pokemon: Swampert (OWN), Lanturn (OWN), Poliwrath (OWN), Cloyster (OWN), Empoleon (OWN), Quagsire (OWN)
~TM you will use: TM Brine

I'm giving this my best shot. :o

FireflyK
05-17-2007, 09:48 PM
As the gym I currently have has... Well, a lot of the badges given out and a LOT of history already, as well as a huge number of past leaders... I'd love to get a fresh start. ^^: If possible, I'd like to relinquish Mahogany, and take the Snowpoint City gym, as I want to remain an Ice gym leader on pe2k, but with a 'fresher' record than Mahogany has, so to speak. -has been waiting eagerly for D/P gyms to arrive-

Name: FireflyK
Gym applying for: Snowpoint
The Pokemon
http://www.dragonflycave.com/emsprites/124jynx.pnghttp://www.dragonflycave.com/flsprites/091cloyster.pnghttp://www.dragonflycave.com/dpsprites/131lapras.pnghttp://www.dragonflycave.com/rssprites/362glalie.png http://www.dragonflycave.com/dpsprites/473mamoswine.pnghttp://www.dragonflycave.com/rssprites/087dewgong.pnghttp://www.dragonflycave.com/flspritesshiny/124jynxshiny.pnghttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/sprites/dpmfa/dpmfa365.png

Gym Pokemon-
Owned:
- Jania [Jynx, F]. TMs: Toxic, Ice Beam, Double Team, Substitute, Attract, Calm Mind, Taunt, Flash.
- Nox [Cloyster, M] TMs: Surf, Toxic, Substitute, Attract, Rest.
- Lavinia [Lapras, F] TMs: Surf, Roar, Rest, Sleeptalk, Rain Dance, Thunder, Attract, Toxic, Protect.
- Sybil [Jynx, F] TMs: Psychic, Double Team, Sleep Talk, Rest, Toxic, Taunt.
- Gazerie [Glalie, M] TMs: Rest, Sleeptalk
- Beozim [Mamoswine, M] TMs: Rest, Sleeptalk
- Dekki [Dewgong, F]
- Nauhr [Walrein, M]

Total Owned:
Tms on these Pokemon: 32

Since I own 8, I believe I can add 2?

Rented:

- Froslass, F
- Abomasnow, M

Stories are currently in progress for these three. I wrote for 3+ pokemon in one day when applying for the Mahogany Gym before, so I believe that should be proof that I can get these two quickly. ;)

TM: Avalanche

Anyway, since I believe only 6 can be used for the battle or whatever... I'll be using these ones for it:
- Nox [Cloyster, M]
- Lavinia [Lapras, F]
- Sybil [Jynx, F]
- Gazerie [Glalie, M]
- Beozim [Mamoswine, M]
- Dekki [Dewgong, F]

Psychic Oats
05-17-2007, 09:55 PM
So much controversy in this thread. Ah well, what do you expect?

Lord Celebi
05-17-2007, 09:58 PM
~Name: rust
~Gym Pokemon:
-Swampert
-Walrein
-Ludicolo
-Lanturn
-Poliwrath
-Dewgong
-Vaporeon
-Gyarados
-Empolean (Soon, I sware :P)
-Tentacruel (Soon, I sware :P)

Diesel 34
05-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Name: Jack
Gym: Oreburgh City Gym
Pokemon

Own
Aron
Phanpy

Rent:
Golem
Steelix
T-Tar
Rampardos

TM: Stealth Rock

Legendary Wolf
05-18-2007, 12:51 AM
~Name: Dark Rider (or Nautas)
~Gym Applying For: Snowpoint City
~Gym Pokemon:
Lapras OWN
Jynx OWN
Dewgong OWN
Walrein OWN

Frosslass Rent
Abasnow Rent

~TM you will use: TM Avalanche

Diesel 34
05-18-2007, 01:12 AM
No offense, but I think people need to go for other gyms than snowpoint and hearthome. Some gyms have no one going for them.

Leman
05-18-2007, 01:14 AM
No offense, but I think people need to go for other gyms than snowpoint and hearthome. Some gyms have no one going for them.

And Pastoria. There are like 20 people going for it.

Diesel 34
05-18-2007, 01:18 AM
Well maybe its cause people don't collect other types.

Legendary Wolf
05-18-2007, 01:22 AM

So? We can choose whichever gym we want to. We don't all have to go for a specific one that someone tells us to do. I could do a couple of types but I like Ice most so Im doing that.

Diesel 34
05-18-2007, 01:25 AM
I understand that, but still I have no idea where there so popular.

Legendary Wolf
05-18-2007, 01:28 AM
I understand that, but still I have no idea where there so popular.

Well if you think about it. I can tell you that Ice is popular for one reason because of FRZ, FRZ is super helpful aslong as it isn't a Fire Pokemon because it takes around 4 time everytime to get out. Ice is also cool because of the things it's supper effective gainst like Ground Flying and so forth.

Diesel 34
05-18-2007, 01:32 AM
Yeah thats understandalble. I don't care though. I'm going for Oreburgh and so far only one other person wants it. So go do what you gotta to get those gyms.

Smurf
05-18-2007, 01:59 AM
Well if you think about it. I can tell you that Ice is popular for one reason because of FRZ, FRZ is super helpful aslong as it isn't a Fire Pokemon because it takes around 4 time everytime to get out. Ice is also cool because of the things it's supper effective gainst like Ground Flying and so forth.
Plus, many new and interesting ice types have been released, and people want them for their gym. It's not just the strategy.

Personally, I just want a water gym again. I used to have one and I felt I ran it well and I want another chance at that.

Diesel 34
05-18-2007, 02:01 AM
Well good luck to all who want a gym then.

~Falcon~
05-18-2007, 02:06 AM
Gym: Oreburgh City Gym
Pokemon

Own
Aron
Phanpy

Rent:
Golem
Steelix
T-Tar
Rampardos

TM: Stealth Rock
:P no offence, but you cant apply because your mons arent fully evolved, also phanphy is ground, not rock

Diesel 34
05-18-2007, 02:27 AM
Well I just have two things to say about that. Number one its not like its much of a difference considering they can use any attack and number two didn't it say somewhere maybe not here, but that you can have one pokemon of any type for a gym. Anyways I'll soon have a rock once I complete my geodude story.

Rohypnol
05-18-2007, 02:34 AM
Well I just have two things to say about that. Number one its not like its much of a difference considering they can use any attack and number two didn't it say somewhere maybe not here, but that you can have one pokemon of any type for a gym. Anyways I'll soon have a rock once I complete my geodude story.

4. When selecting an open Gym, choose fully evolved Pokémon based on the Gym type

Also, my understanding is that officials aren't allowed to consider "I'll get this pokemon soon." in their decision as to who will be the gym leader.

SiberianTiger
05-18-2007, 02:38 AM
Exactly right King, so for those that are posting with the mons they are trying to get/are getting those won't be considered until you already have them so you may as well just not even post with stuff like that.

~Isaiah

Diesel 34
05-18-2007, 02:42 AM
Oh well. Don't truly care. Good luck to all though who want a gyml. Won't see me postin here again except mayb e once. Bye.\

-Diesel 34-

Subside
05-18-2007, 11:58 AM
Oh well. Don't truly care. Good luck to all though who want a gyml. Won't see me postin here again except mayb e once. Bye.\

-Diesel 34-
The internet is serious business.

Seawolf
05-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Also, my understanding is that officials aren't allowed to consider "I'll get this pokemon soon." in their decision as to who will be the gym leader.

Yeah, that has always sounded just desperate to me.

I'm tempted to apply for a different type of Gym, but I think I like Mikan.

Dog of Hellsing
05-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Yay, another question:

How long are these applications going to stay open, and when are we going to have the tourney to find out who gets the Gym (if more than one person is applying for one)? Just so I know when to get on >>...

Gold Rush
05-18-2007, 08:37 PM
-Hearthome City

~Gym Pokemon:

OWN-
Gengar
Dusknoir
Mismagus
Bannette

Rent-
Drifblim
Houndoom
Frosslass
Spiritomb

Ketamine
05-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Edit:

New Line up for Oreburgh Gym

~Name: Michael
~Gym Applying For: Oreburgh City
~Gym Pokemon: Golem (Own), Tyranitar (Own), Steelix (Own), Rampardos (Own), Cradily (Own), Bastidon (Own)
~TM you will use: Stone edge

FireflyK
05-19-2007, 02:42 PM
^^; Made a stats page with my Gym Application to make things a little more organized. Also added another owned Pokemon, I now have 8 owned since I have a Walrein!

This means I'd need only 2 rented. And I have the pre-evo (Snorunt) of one of those rented ones, soo.... ;) All that's left to get is Abomasnow now.

http://fireflykay.proboards82.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=stats&thread=1179443998&page=1

Pichufan4
05-19-2007, 03:03 PM
i do not know if it was said, but how are the people going to choose who gets what gym?

Leman
05-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Afterwards, you will battle those who also want the same gym, with the winners taking their rightful place and whatnot.

It is right there.

Pichufan4
05-19-2007, 03:17 PM
It is right there.

thank you..... i was hoping a mod would choose rather then the people would have to battle...

Gold Rush
05-19-2007, 06:23 PM
So Me and PichuFan have to battle and also a battle on the forum this is gonna take a while....... :sad:

FireflyK
05-19-2007, 06:24 PM
We can't use Rental Pokemon in these battles for teh gyms, right?

Dr Scott
05-20-2007, 09:49 AM
Sorry I am late ... I blame War business ^^;

NOTES

You may only have a total of 6 mon in your sign up, 2 of which you have to have NOW, not LATER.
The end of the applications will be a week from when I started it which would mean ... Tuesday.
Tourney will have the match ups up when I close it and get everyone listed up, which would probaby be around Tue or Wed.
Without a legitimite excuse, anyone who does not haev their battle at least STARTED by a week after the matchups are listed forfeit the position.

Gold Rush
05-20-2007, 09:54 AM

NOTES

You may only have a total of 6 mon in your sign up, 2 of which you have to have NOW, not LATER.
The end of the applications will be a week from when I started it which would mean ... Tuesday.
Tourney will have the match ups up when I close it and get everyone listed up, which would probaby be around Tue or Wed.
Without a legitimite excuse, anyone who does not haev their battle at least STARTED by a week after the matchups are listed forfeit the position.

Redoing my application since I have more mons.

-Hearthome City

~Gym Pokemon:

OWN-
Gengar
Dusknoir
Mismagus
Bannette

Rent-Drifblim
Houndoom

Ataro
05-20-2007, 10:00 AM

NOTES

Uhh, why post here?

Ketamine
05-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Uhh, why post here?

He posted here cause its relevant to the topic .-.

Dr Scott
05-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Uhh, because those are the rules for the Sinnoh Gym Leader Applications?

XD Not WAR stuff, if that's what you are thinking.

Gold Rush
05-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Just Got Houndoom

-Hearthome City

~Gym Pokemon:

OWN-
Gengar
Dusknoir
Mismagus
Bannette
Houndoom

Rent-
Drifblim

Ataro
05-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Uhh, because those are the rules for the Sinnoh Gym Leader Applications?

XD Not WAR stuff, if that's what you are thinking.

Oh, lol, I got confused just now.

Which means there can only be 6 own or rent Pokemon for a gym leader, despite the 6 own and 4 more rent or own rule?

Gold Rush
05-20-2007, 05:24 PM
Yeah that's what I think I think it will be 6v6's when we have to battle.

All-Star
05-20-2007, 06:23 PM
That would be hard. XD

Gold Rush
05-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Also If we do 6v6's I have to do a 6v6 with pichufan4 on the forum!

SiberianTiger
05-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Stop posting with updates to your list or with post saying saying you've updated your list. Scott will see them I assure you, so stop cluttering the threads and go punch something until your panic passes over.

~Isaiah

Dr Scott
05-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Edit one post, so I do not have to look for the newest one each time. Thanks ST :P.

4 rent, 2 own for now ^^;. It's just a big mess to have any more then that, and I'm a fan of the original :P. Give the league a little before we can have your new huge about of mon for each gym bit xD.

theEND
05-21-2007, 11:53 AM
~Name: ChronoPika
~Gym Applying For: Eterna City (Grass)
~Gym Pokemon: My Skiploom and Shroomish [OWN]
Roserade, Cherrim, Cacturne, Torterra [RENT]
~TM you will use: Grass Knot

Yas! :3

CloudOfNines
05-21-2007, 05:46 PM
-Pastoria City

Name: Flameryushin or Player Slayer
Gym Applying For:pastoria city gym
Gym Pokemon: kingdra, blastoise, and lanturn [own] Wailord, cloyster, ludicolo [rent]
TM you will use:brine

question though can I keep my current gym if I lose in this?

SiberianTiger
05-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Yes, you will keep your gym unless you get this one.

~Isaiah

Focal
05-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Name: Robert
Gym Applying For: Eterna City (Grass)
Gym Pokemon:
[OWNED] Cradily, Exeggutor
[RENT] Jumpluff, Ludicolo, Roserade, Torterra
TM you will use: Energy Ball

I prefer Grass over Electric, so yeah XD

FireflyK
05-21-2007, 07:51 PM
Edit one post, so I do not have to look for the newest one each time. Thanks ST :P.

4 rent, 2 own for now ^^;. It's just a big mess to have any more then that, and I'm a fan of the original :P. Give the league a little before we can have your new huge about of mon for each gym bit xD.

Hmm... Will the rented ones be usable in the battles for the gym? =X Doesn't really seem fair to let people fight for a gym with stuff they don't have.

Gold Rush
05-21-2007, 08:05 PM
I agree with FFK it's unfair that some one worked hard to get 6 owned while someone else put no effort got 2 owned and still has an equall chance

Focal
05-21-2007, 08:21 PM
I agree with FFK it's unfair that some one worked hard to get 6 owned while someone else put no effort got 2 owned and still has an equall chance

Actually it has nothing to do quantity, but quality. Sure someone can work hard to get 6 mons, but they could've done that while sucking along the way. It's not about hard work, but more about skill.

FireflyK
05-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Actually it has nothing to do quantity, but quality. Sure someone can work hard to get 6 mons, but they could've done that while sucking along the way. It's not about hard work, but more about skill.

Effort should count, too. Someone who only gets 2 of the pokemon they need, to be blunt, is lazy. You can BUY that many for most gyms. =\

Focal
05-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Effort should count, too. Someone who only gets 2 of the pokemon they need, to be blunt, is lazy. You can BUY that many for most gyms. =\

Yes, but when it comes to defending a gym it's about skill. Again I say it's quality, not quantity. Of course effort counts, but during a battle do you think you'll win be putting some effort into the battle? Maybe. Putting effort into the strategies and such will definitely raise your chances. But when it comes to putting effort into collecting 6 mons, it just doesn't habe anything to do with the proper skills. I could go get 6 mons, and lose every battle because I suck. So now I have 6 fully evolved mons, I get a gym, and the other candidate comes along with their 2 mons they used to apply for the gym. Well, they slaughter me, hurray, we have a sucky leader :P

RawrIsMyMiddleName
05-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Would Piplup be possible for Snowpoint? I know FFK or someone else will beat me for the gym, but I'll apply for it anyways. So, is it?

FireflyK
05-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Yes, but when it comes to defending a gym it's about skill. Again I say it's quality, not quantity. Of course effort counts, but during a battle do you think you'll win be putting some effort into the battle? Maybe. Putting effort into the strategies and such will definitely raise your chances. But when it comes to putting effort into collecting 6 mons, it just doesn't habe anything to do with the proper skills. I could go get 6 mons, and lose every battle because I suck. So now I have 6 fully evolved mons, I get a gym, and the other candidate comes along with their 2 mons they used to apply for the gym. Well, they slaughter me, hurray, we have a sucky leader :P

You need both.
I don't care if someone's the best battler on URPG, or pe2k, or the web. If they can't even get more than 2 Pokemon, they don't really deserve a Gym. I mean, rentals are a new to URPG thing. In the show and games, people don't decide to rent a Pokemon so they can get a gym. They use the ones they worked hard to train, and earn the spot. Presumably, only the talented would get a gym anyway.

Gold Rush
05-21-2007, 09:38 PM
You need both.
I don't care if someone's the best battler on URPG, or pe2k, or the web. If they can't even get more than 2 Pokemon, they don't really deserve a Gym. I mean, rentals are a new to URPG thing. In the show and games, people don't decide to rent a Pokemon so they can get a gym. They use the ones they worked hard to train, and earn the spot. Presumably, only the talented would get a gym anyway.

Exactly If your good enough to win a 2v6 than thats fine you deserve the gym since you are pretty good and your quality is better, but if you try harder you get a slightly beter cahnce that's what I am saying.

Subside
05-21-2007, 09:46 PM
For the record, you could always rent mons on Stadium/Colosseum XP

I of course agree with Rob, it was your own choice to gather these mons for the gym you have applied for, no one forced you to as it said at the begining that you weren't required to own all of them and it wouldn't be a factor in the final decision.

I'd personally rather fight a good gym leader with a few great mons than one with 6 sucky ones.

FireflyK
05-21-2007, 10:28 PM
For the record, you could always rent mons on Stadium/Colosseum XP

I of course agree with Rob, it was your own choice to gather these mons for the gym you have applied for, no one forced you to as it said at the begining that you weren't required to own all of them and it wouldn't be a factor in the final decision.

I'd personally rather fight a good gym leader with a few great mons than one with 6 sucky ones.

No... But it's kind of the right thing to do. =\ I mean, rental stuff? I know it's the rule... I just could never respect a gym leader with a huge amount of rentals.

Subside
05-21-2007, 10:30 PM
I had a huge amount of rentals at one point XP

It's just the way things are done :\

And if i remember correctly the leader can TM the rental mons and then the TM's are transfered over to the owned mon when you get it, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

FireflyK
05-21-2007, 10:32 PM
I had a huge amount of rentals at one point XP

It's just the way things are done :\

But did you own a decent amount, too? If you own at least 4 of your own...Then yeah, fine. But people who own just 2 and apply, or just 1? D=

Also, someone who can't at least BUY a few, or buy stuff to trade if they can't write.... Shouldn't lead a gym. Even LOSING a battle gets you money, so someone who can't afford 6 Pokemon isn't fighting much. That means they'd be a poor Gymleader, since inactive, rarely-fighting people are hard to get badges from.

Ataro
05-21-2007, 10:32 PM
Thought of never requesting a gym, but I thought of playing with Pastoria, so here's the deal.

[OWN]

Gyarados
Walrein
Lapras

[RENT]

Starmie
Lanturn
Sharpedo

TM Tide

Subside
05-21-2007, 10:35 PM
But did you own a decent amount, too? If you own at least 4 of your own...Then yeah, fine. But people who own just 2 and apply, or just 1? D=
I think I began my current gym with just Weezing and Venusaur, when I had Mahogany I just had a Cloyster XD

theEND
05-22-2007, 12:11 AM
Gym Applying For: Eterna City (Grass)
Gym Pokemon:
[OWNED] Cradily, Exeggutor
TM you will use: Energy Ball

I prefer Grass over Electric, so yeah XD
Robert, I hate you. ;_;

How could my dream be crushed so fast....

SiberianTiger
05-22-2007, 12:12 AM

Well using your view I certainly feel sorry for the next trainer that comes along and can't write for their mons due to one reason or another or can't afford to get new mons. Doesn't matter if they have made the 1 or 2 mons they own the best they could be.

You need both.

Well I'd rather face someone who only owns 2 of their mons but can defend their gym then someone with 6 owned mons but can't defeat one of mine.

At any rate; those that aren't posting about a gym position can go chat in the URPG thread, not here. You have a problem with something take it to Pms or the trainer court.

Otherwise keep it down and good day.

~Isaiah

TDD91
05-22-2007, 12:29 AM
Name: Alex
Gym: Pastoria
Pokemon:

Own:
Lanturn
Quagsire

Rent:
Blastoise [1 battle and i own one]
Sharpedo
Kingdra
Starmie

TM: Brine

Rpgraccoon
05-23-2007, 01:14 AM
Gyms

-Eterna City
Pokemon 1: Roserade
Pokemon 2: Mismagius*
Pokemon 3: Jumpluff
Pokemon 4: Torterra [Rent]
Pokemon 5: Shiftree [Rent]
Pokemon 6: Sceptile [Rent]

TM: Energy Ball

*Mismagius naturally learns Magical Leaf. Plus, she can learn the gym TM and is found close to the gym in the game. In D/P the Ice gym leader has a Pokemon with similar qualifications in her gym (Medicham).

Dr Scott
05-23-2007, 06:02 AM
Applications are now closed ^^;.

Once I get everything I need this thread will have the tournament stuff, but until then it's locked <3.

Dr Scott
05-26-2007, 06:53 AM
Pastoria

Name: Chase
Pokemon: Kingdra [Own]; Ludicolo [Own]; Starmie [Own]; Golduck [Own]; Milotic [Own]; Gyarados [Own]

Name: LS
Pokemon: Gyarados (OWN) Crawdaunt (OWN) Kingdra (OWN) Ludicolo (OWN) Poliwrath (OWN) Kabutops (OWN) Lapras (OWN)

Name: Smurf
Pokemon: Slowbro, Lanturn, Kingdra, Milotic, Swampert, and Gyrados, Lapras. Own all

Name: Leman
Pokemon: OWN: Kingdra, Blastoise, Dragonite, Ludicolo, Gyarados, Lapras, Pelliper, Vaporeon RENT: Swampert, Lanturn

Name: Iona
Pokemon: Swampert (OWN), Lanturn (OWN), Poliwrath (OWN), Cloyster (OWN), Empoleon (OWN), Quagsire (OWN)

Name: Rust
Pokemon: -Swampert, Walrein, Ludicolo, Lanturn, Poliwrath, Dewgong, Vaporeon, Gyarados

Name: Player Slayer
Pokemon: kingdra, blastoise, and lanturn [own] Wailord, cloyster, ludicolo [rent]

Name: Alex
Pokemon: Lanturn, Quagsire, Blastoise (R), Sharpedo (R), Kingdra (R), Starmie (R)

Name: Ataro
Pokemon: Gyarados, Walrein, Lapras, Starmie ( R ), Lanturn ( R ), Sharpedo ( R )

Oreburgh

Name: Michael
Pokemon: Golem (Own), Tyranitar (Own), Steelix (Own), Rampardos (Own), Cradily (Own), Bastidon (Own)

Pokemon: Aron, Phanpy, Golem(R), Steelix(R), Tyranitar(R), Rampardos (R)

Snowpoint

Name: Tyra Trainer
Pokemon: OWN: Glaceon, Lapras ----- RENT: Weavile, Froslass, Walrein, Abomasnow

Name: ATF
Pokemon: Dewgong, Lapras, Cloyster, Walrein, Slowking, Jynx, Weavile (R), Glaceon (R), Abomasnow (R), Mamoswine (R)

Name: FFK
Pokemon: Cloyster, Jynx, Glalie, Mamoswine, Dewgong

Name: Dark Rider
Pokemon: Lapras, Jynx, Dewgong, Walrein, Frosslass ( R ), Abasnow ( R )

Hearthome

Name: Pichufan
Pokemon: Gengar, Banette, Mismagius, Dusknoir ( R ), Frosslass ( R ), Rotorn ( R )

Name: Adam
Pokemon: Gengar, Dusknoir, Mismagus, Bannette, Houndoom, Drifblim ( R)

Veilstone

Name: LSU Kid
Pokemon: Breloom(own), Heracross (own) Lucario (rent) Gallade (rent) Toxicroak (rent) Primape (rent)

Eterna City

Name: CP
Pokemon: Skiploom and Shroomish [OWN]
Roserade, Cherrim, Cacturne, Torterra [RENT]

Pokemon: [OWNED] Cradily, Exeggutor

Name: RPG Raccoon
Pokemon: Roserade, Mismagius, Jumpluff, Torterra ( R ), Shiftree ( R ), Sceptile ( R )

Dr Scott
05-26-2007, 07:02 AM
Tournament Rules

One must start a battle within one week of the tournament start, or said person has officially withdrawn.
Battlers may only use their 2 or more Owned 'mon in the tournament, so that those with more have more to choose from against their opponents. All matches are 2 v 2, other rules set by challengers.
Those with 6 or 'mon TOTAL, owned or rented, must widdle the number down to 6 BEFORE battling. (Or, in rusts case, tell which is owned and which is rented, if any)
Gym payments for the battles, 1,500 win 1,000 loss.
FFA's are necessary with odd numbers, and work 2 v 2 v 2
Jack must fix up the Pokemon in his app (2 owned aren't rock or fully evo'd, etc. etc.) and must fix it in a PM or be disqualified. (Deadline: The 4th)
When the battle is done, post the results here.

PAIR OFFS

Pastoria

CHASE VS. ATARO

LS VS. ALEX (LS)

SMURF VS. PLAYER SLAYER

LEMAN VS. RUST VS. IONA (FFA)

Snowpoint

TYRA VS. ATF VS. FFK

Hearthome

Pichufan dropped out, Gym belongs to Adam

Veilstone

LSU KID VS. LSU ... no, he just gets it.

Eterna

CP VS. ROBERT VS. RPGRAC (FFA)

Oreburgh

Michael and Jack (PENDING)

Tournament Started: May 26, Saturday

Strawberry Maelstrom
05-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Okay, I decided to enter.

Name: Strawberry Maelstrom
Gym: Hearthome
Pokemon:

Gengar(OWN), Shedinja(OWN), Drifblim(RENT), Houndoom(RENT), Spiritomb(RENT), and Dusknoir(RENT)

TM: Shadow Claw

Edit: Didn't see the tournament. Is it possible I can battle Adam, since Pichufan dropped out?

Ataro
05-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Wtffff. Me Vs Chase!? Are You Crazy!?

Edits: Can we battle using forum battles?

Dr Scott
05-28-2007, 11:41 PM
Battle however you can, just have it started by a week after the start ^^;

Strawberry, I'm sorry, I cannot let you in :(. Just doesn't seem fair to Adam ^^;

Rpgraccoon
05-29-2007, 12:16 AM
Me vs Robert and CP in an FFA. So, we need a FFA ref and to coordinate this sometime soon? Guys I work on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Thus, coordinating time before those days is preferred shoot me a PM or Aim me. Aim highly is preferred.

I am assuming standard FFA rules. Plus, others to be discussed in a chat.

Legendary Wolf
05-29-2007, 12:17 AM
I started over due to some reasons so I guess I have to drop out.

ball
05-29-2007, 01:28 PM
Ikazuchi with Lanturn, Quagsire
VS
LS with Swampert, Ludicolo

no items
aim
revo
2vs2
gym torney battle

Ludicolo owned.

LS 1500
Ikazuchi 1000
I 1000

Dog of Hellsing
05-29-2007, 08:40 PM
Eh? Eh? But DR, you're listed as meh opponent! ;_; Which reminds me...if you don't drop out, would you rather do the battle over AIM or the forums? Please say AIM, it'd go so much faster :oops:...

Loyal Arcanine
05-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Pastoria Gym Application
Smurf vs PS
2 vs 2
Colosseum Rules
No Items
AIM

Smurf: Milotic, Swampert
PS: Cloyster, Blastoise

PS could have won, but he let it slip.

Smurf wins, and gets $1500.
PS loses, and gets $1000.

I should get $1000 for reffing.

theEND
05-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Hey Robert, Mikey, mind if I delay this battle until.....how's say this Saturday/Sunday? That's the day I return back to my original spot in life: My house/comp. Then I can get onto AIM, and become Eterna's Gym Leader. O_O

Dog of Hellsing
05-30-2007, 03:54 PM
;_;...DR, please don't say you dropped out. >> <<...*Sigh.* If he did this means I go up against either ATF or FFK...

SiberianTiger
05-30-2007, 03:56 PM
;_;...DR, please don't say you dropped out. >> <<...*Sigh.* If he did this means I go up against either ATF or FFK...

He has to he already restarted. Looks you guys got a FFA heading you're way.

~Isaiah

Dog of Hellsing
05-30-2007, 06:11 PM
He has to he already restarted. Looks you guys got a FFA heading you're way.

~Isaiah

What joy lol. Ah well, hopefully we'll all be on soon and can get it over with ^^.

Rpgraccoon
05-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Hey Robert, Mikey, mind if I delay this battle until.....how's say this Saturday/Sunday? That's the day I return back to my original spot in life: My house/comp. Then I can get onto AIM, and become Eterna's Gym Leader. O_O

Me vs Robert and CP in an FFA. So, we need a FFA ref and to coordinate this sometime soon? Guys I work on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Thus, coordinating time before those days is preferred shoot me a PM or Aim me. Aim highly is preferred.

I am assuming standard FFA rules. Plus, others to be discussed in a chat.

Read much?? Saturdays and Sundays are horrible for me. However, It can work it out. If you can get on after 6 CST.

Legendary Wolf
05-30-2007, 06:36 PM
What joy lol. Ah well, hopefully we'll all be on soon and can get it over with ^^.

You would've battled them anyway. >_> I hope you win.

Lord Celebi
05-30-2007, 09:45 PM
Leman and Iona forgetting about their applications would certainly be nice. Leman and Iona, shoot me PMs about what days/times are good for you for the FFA and I'll organize something... You've got until June 2nd apparently or you have officially withdrawn according to BHK's wonderful post.

FireflyK
05-30-2007, 09:50 PM
I can't seem to find a time when ATF and I are both online... x_X
Can we have this thing over the forum maybe? Or have a bit more time?

Diesel 34
05-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Not sure if you got my PM Scott so I'll just post it here since I now own two fully evo rock pokemon.

Own:
Sudowoodo
Golem TM's Brick Break, Rock Slide

Rent:
Steelix
Tyranitar
Rampardos
Rhypherior

Not sure if Team Evo and I can start our battle till you see this and change the pokemon I have listed for the fight so I'll wait for your approval to fight.

~Falcon~
05-31-2007, 01:30 AM
sorry its too late now :P

Diesel 34
05-31-2007, 01:36 AM
No. You see he gave me to the fourth of June to get my two fully evolved rock pokemon. I'm the dude named Jack listed under Oreburgh. I'm just telling him I got them and telling him my list now.

~Falcon~
05-31-2007, 01:59 AM
Ah, i was wondering who that was. Sorry for the confusion ^^;

Diesel 34
05-31-2007, 02:14 AM
No problem. Its obvious to make that mistake.

Ketamine
05-31-2007, 06:21 AM
No problem. Its obvious to make that mistake.

Ok, Im starting the thread.

Ataro
05-31-2007, 06:43 AM
I'll be giving Pastoria. I doubt I will be active at all this few months. Psst, look in the Other Chat: Temporary Leaves... thread for my reason.

Focal
05-31-2007, 01:16 PM
CP, Rpgraccoon, don't worry about me, I'll drop out of this thing, it'll be easier for you two and I already have a gym ;) No sweats ^^

Diesel 34
06-01-2007, 12:58 AM
Team Evo beat me so he gets Oreburgh

Leman
06-01-2007, 12:59 AM
Team Evo beat me so he gets Oreburgh

Yep, I reffed it.

2v2
DP
No Items
Normal Terrain
Forum
Oreburgh Gym Battle

Team Evo vs Deisel

RAmpardos, Tyranitar vs Sudowodo, Golem

Surfing rocks FTW. (Im the first Challenger, btw. STAY AWAY!)

Team Evo:1500
Deisel: 1000
Me: 1000

Total: 34000

Diesel 34
06-01-2007, 01:20 AM
Sure, but I'll be the first to beat him.

FireflyK
06-01-2007, 01:24 AM
=\ Now that there's 3 of us going for Snowpoint... Getting all of us online at the same time, plus a ref for the FFA... Is not working well. =|

Gastlygoo
06-01-2007, 01:25 AM
~Gym Pokemon:
Own:
Gengar
Duskull

Rent:

Mismagus
Frosslass
Spiritomb
Banette
~TM you will use: Shadow claw
I have a duskull now so I count

Diesel 34
06-01-2007, 01:26 AM
Sorry but the gyms been given already. You can't compete. Sorry.

Gastlygoo
06-01-2007, 01:29 AM
I have a duskull now so I count
I was appled for allready I just got a ghost pokemon

Diesel 34
06-01-2007, 01:31 AM
Tournament Rules

One must start a battle within one week of the tournament start, or said person has officially withdrawn.
Battlers may only use their 2 or more Owned 'mon in the tournament, so that those with more have more to choose from against their opponents. All matches are 2 v 2, other rules set by challengers.
Those with 6 or 'mon TOTAL, owned or rented, must widdle the number down to 6 BEFORE battling. (Or, in rusts case, tell which is owned and which is rented, if any)
Gym payments for the battles, 1,500 win 1,000 loss.
FFA's are necessary with odd numbers, and work 2 v 2 v 2
Jack must fix up the Pokemon in his app (2 owned aren't rock or fully evo'd, etc. etc.) and must fix it in a PM or be disqualified. (Deadline: The 4th)
When the battle is done, post the results here.

PAIR OFFS

Pastoria

CHASE VS. ATARO

LS VS. ALEX (LS)

SMURF VS. PLAYER SLAYER

LEMAN VS. RUST VS. IONA (FFA)

Snowpoint

TYRA VS. ATF VS. FFK

Hearthome

Veilstone

Eterna

CP VS. ROBERT VS. RPGRAC (FFA)

Oreburgh

Michael and Jack (PENDING)

Tournament Started: May 26, Saturday

Yes well as it says above the gym belongs to Adam.

All-Star
06-01-2007, 09:53 PM
I'll be giving Pastoria. I doubt I will be active at all this few months. Psst, look in the Other Chat: Temporary Leaves... thread for my reason.

Yay me.

I never saw him online, so battling forum would've been horrible. :silly:

Do I get any money?

Rpgraccoon
06-02-2007, 10:21 PM
5-31-07 Eternia Gym Battle (http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40914). CP you back yet?

Leman
06-03-2007, 03:28 PM
Well, Rust forfeited yesterday, and I started to battle Iona, but she had to go and forfeited. Vulcan reffed that. I think that means I win. I can redo the battle if you want, because of all the forfeiting.

Rpgraccoon
06-04-2007, 09:18 PM
CP, if you have a messenger, it is essential for you to have one for being a gym leader. Please state it.
Edit: Actually, this battle is not legal, because CP can't be a leader since she hasn't got an evolved form of a grass Pokémon (last stage). So RPGraccoon automatically goes through.

This does make me the winner I guess. :happy:

Dog of Hellsing
06-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Well, ATF never posted or contacted me or FFK over IM/PM about the battle, so I suppose it's just me and her now, right?

AmericanTreeFrog
06-07-2007, 04:02 AM
No it's not. I just haven't been on when you two are on.

Dog of Hellsing
06-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Well, I was asking because you never contacted either of us (that I know of, because FFK never said anything about you PM/IMing her) nor posted anywhere, and since the rules say a person has to start a battle before one week or they're officially withdrawn, I just assumed that was true. I didn't see you post starting any battles over AIM or in the forums to battle FFK so...*Shrug.* Oh well. either way, it doesn't really matter to me.

Dr Scott
06-08-2007, 04:36 AM
Like I said to Tyra, they have two choices. Since you never contacted either on times to get on or posted here within a week, they coud TECHINCALLY push you out, but it'd be nicer to let you battle :P

And if 1v1v1's don't work at all, then you coud do three 1v1's, and then a tiebreaker if needed and whatnot. That would be easier to do here, though.

Sorry I'm so slow, I'm focusing on the War RP since I shuold get it up soon, and I lost my internet for a whiel ^^;

Leman
06-08-2007, 04:41 AM
Like I said to Tyra, they have two choices. Since you never contacted either on times to get on or posted here within a week, they coud TECHINCALLY push you out, but it'd be nicer to let you battle :P

And if 1v1v1's don't work at all, then you coud do three 1v1's, and then a tiebreaker if needed and whatnot. That would be easier to do here, though.

Sorry I'm so slow, I'm focusing on the War RP since I shuold get it up soon, and I lost my internet for a whiel ^^;

Wait, does that mean I should redo the battle, because Rust was not there, or we shouldjust continue as Rust was there?

Dr Scott
06-08-2007, 04:44 AM
Mmm, again, that depends on you.

Since they DID forfeit, you could auto win, or you could rematch them :P.

Again, up to you.

Though I'm leaning to letting you have it, 'cus though I know FC is a cool gal and Rust is ... arrogant (?), gym leaders shuold be loyal enough to finish ;P

Leman
06-08-2007, 04:47 AM
Mmm, again, that depends on you.

Since they DID forfeit, you could auto win, or you could rematch them :P.

Again, up to you.

Though I'm leaning to letting you have it, 'cus though I know FC is a cool gal and Rust is ... arrogant (?), gym leaders shuold be loyal enough to finish ;P

Well, if they want a rematch, I will do it, but if you want to give it to me, thats fine too. :D

AmericanTreeFrog
06-08-2007, 05:34 AM

I could handle that. Just let me know.

Dog of Hellsing
06-09-2007, 12:41 AM
I could handle that. Just let me know.

Either way we do it, it's fine with me. I'm IM'ed FFK telling her Scott said it was alright for us to give you until next Tuesday to get on at the same time as us, but I think now...we might just have to do the three-way over forums. It would probably be easier for us all, because none of us would have to worry about being on at a certain time. Or...two of us could battle, then the winner could battle whoever's left...it doesn't matter to me. Let's just get this done with ^^.

FireflyK
06-09-2007, 12:43 AM
Either way we do it, it's fine with me. I'm IM'ed FFK telling her Scott said it was alright for us to give you until next Tuesday to get on at the same time as us, but I think now...we might just have to do the three-way over forums. It would probably be easier for us all, because none of us would have to worry about being on at a certain time. Or...two of us could battle, then the winner could battle whoever's left...it doesn't matter to me. Let's just get this done with ^^.

I suggest this....
Me vs. you
Me vs. ATF
ATF vs. you

And if needed, a tie breaker. ;P

Dog of Hellsing
06-09-2007, 12:48 AM
I suggest this....
Me vs. you
Me vs. ATF
ATF vs. you

And if needed, a tie breaker. ;P

*Nods.* That sounds good to me. I assume these battles are over AIM? If I thought I had time to do a battle tonight I'd pop over to AIM and see if there are any refs on who'd ref for us...Are you going to be on tomorrow?

FireflyK
06-09-2007, 12:55 AM
*Nods.* That sounds good to me. I assume these battles are over AIM? If I thought I had time to do a battle tonight I'd pop over to AIM and see if there are any refs on who'd ref for us...Are you going to be on tomorrow?

Yeah, I should be.

Rpgraccoon
06-13-2007, 08:57 PM
I wonder how everything is going with these battles?

All I know is Adam Me and LSUkid have gyms.

Plus, what do we do about the steel and electric gyms that no one wanted?

Oh well, I cannot wait to find out. :wink:

Iridium
06-14-2007, 06:03 AM
I wonder how everything is going with these battles?

All I know is Adam Me and LSUkid have gyms.

Plus, what do we do about the steel and electric gyms that no one wanted?

Oh well, I cannot wait to find out. :wink:

Maybe the Electric and Steel gyms would just be marked as OPEN and then people can apply for them in the "Want A Gym" thread.

Ketamine
06-15-2007, 02:34 PM
Scott you think you could update or post a new thing, saying whos battled there match and who hasnt?

Dr Scott
06-17-2007, 02:37 AM
PAIR OFFS

Pastoria

CHASE VS. ATARO ---- Chase

LS VS. ALEX ---- Alex Won

SMURF VS. PLAYER SLAYER ---- Smurf won. Duh, I had this from the beginning nubs.

LEMAN VS. RUST VS. IONA (FFA) ---- Leman

____ Round 2 _____

Chase vs. Alex

PS vs. Lemon

Snowpoint

TYRA VS. ATF VS. FFK

Hearthome

Veilstone

Eterna

CP VS. ROBERT VS. RPGRAC (FFA) ----- RPG Rac

Oreburgh

Michael and Jack ---- Team Evo

Notes: Sorry, I've been busy with life ... and with the War starting and me being a War RP judge, War Leader, and War in command person, it's all been adding up :o. But today ahs been my catch up day :D.

Smurf
06-18-2007, 12:08 AM
I won, not PS. =\ Like I'd give this gym up in the first round.

So, it'd be Leman vs me.

TDD91
06-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Erm, i lost o.0 LS won it...

LS
06-21-2007, 10:57 PM
xD Alex won but I got into the 2nd round? Scott fix it xD

Dog of Hellsing
06-30-2007, 05:36 PM
TT: Lapras (70.something), Glaceon (30.something, Poisoned) -- vs -- FFK: Lapras (KOed), Froslass(KOed)

Ref: Leman

Rules: 2v2, Revo, No Items/Held Items/Weather, Normal Terrain

Outcome: FFK led with Lappy, I led with Glaceon. Glaceon was Poisoned and Confused by Lappy but did a good amount of damage with Trump Card before being switched with my Lappy (called Lappy2 lol). My Lapras was Confused by hers but managed to pull off a Safeguard when FFK tried to Thunder him. Thunder missed again and I T-bolted twice, KOing her Lappy. She sent out Froslass and tried to C-Ray, but didn't realize my Lappy's S-Guard was still up, so it failed. I used Rain Dance, hit Fros with Surf, then hit it with Brine and Ice Shard after that for the KO and the win.

Me: $2,000 and teh Snowpoint Gym
FFK: $1,000
Leman: $1,000 I think XD

Leman
06-30-2007, 10:04 PM
TT: Lapras (70.something), Glaceon (30.something, Poisoned) -- vs -- FFK: Lapras (KOed), Froslass(KOed)

Ref: Leman

Rules: 2v2, Revo, No Items/Held Items/Weather, Normal Terrain

Outcome: FFK led with Lappy, I led with Glaceon. Glaceon was Poisoned and Confused by Lappy but did a good amount of damage with Trump Card before being switched with my Lappy (called Lappy2 lol). My Lapras was Confused by hers but managed to pull off a Safeguard when FFK tried to Thunder him. Thunder missed again and I T-bolted twice, KOing her Lappy. She sent out Froslass and tried to C-Ray, but didn't realize my Lappy's S-Guard was still up, so it failed. I used Rain Dance, hit Fros with Surf, then hit it with Brine and Ice Shard after that for the KO and the win.

Me: $2,000 and teh Snowpoint Gym
FFK: $1,000
Leman: $1,000 I think XD

Yes, that happened. T-Tar Trainer gets the gym.

LS
07-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Me and Chase didn't battle yet because I hardly see him on..

Dog of Hellsing
07-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Guys, if you're not happy with the fact that Scott okay'ed me winning the Gym, talk to him about it over PM or AIM. He asked me to delete the arguing posts and that's what I've done. Please, let's not keep going on about this here and SPAMing up the thread.

All-Star
07-03-2007, 09:03 PM
I'll still fight for the gym.

Oh and LS, I've been busy.

Rpgraccoon
07-04-2007, 05:08 AM
Guys, if you're not happy with the fact that Scott okay'ed me winning the Gym, talk to him about it over PM or AIM. He asked me to delete the arguing posts and that's what I've done. Please, let's not keep going on about this here and SPAMing up the thread.

lol, I wasn't too worried about Snowpoint. However, I am happy the arguing is over. Nonetheless, my main concern is Pastoria. Chase and LS could just forum battle one another. I know it works. :smile: Also, we still have another round for that gym to go. Nevertheless, Congratulations on winning the Snowpoint Gym T-tar.

Leman
07-04-2007, 07:24 PM
LS beat Chase. See?

2v2
D/P
No Items/Held Items
Normal Weather
Normal Terrain
Battle for Pastoria

LS vs Chase

Swampert, Starmie vs Ludicolo, Kingdra

Ludi 2HKO'd Swampy, and Starmie KOd it with psychic. Then it Confuzzled Kingdra and killed it.

LS: 1500 and chance at Pastoria
Chase: 1000

Total: 9000

Rpgraccoon
07-05-2007, 12:53 AM
LS beat Chase. See?

2v2
D/P
No Items/Held Items
Normal Weather
Normal Terrain
Battle for Pastoria

LS vs Chase

Swampert, Starmie vs Ludicolo, Kingdra

Ludi 2HKO'd Swampy, and Starmie KOd it with psychic. Then it Confuzzled Kingdra and killed it.

LS: 1500 and chance at Pastoria
Chase: 1000

Total: 9000

Cool I didn't notice that one. :smile: Did you and Smurf face off yet? I think he was your opponent before you take on LS.

Leman
07-05-2007, 01:03 AM
Cool I didn't notice that one. :smile: Did you and Smurf face off yet? I think he was your opponent before you take on LS.

No, haven't fought Smurf yet. He's told me that I'm going down ac ouple of times though.

Rpgraccoon
07-06-2007, 03:54 AM
No, haven't fought Smurf yet. He's told me that I'm going down ac ouple of times though.

hehe, Good Luck with it. We just need this battle to take place. Then the finals between the winner and LS. :smile:

Loyal Arcanine
07-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Pastoria Qualification
Smurf vs Leman
2 vs 2
Revolution Rules
No Items
AIM

Smurf: Milotic, Slowbro
Leman: Ludicolo, Kingdra

Smurf just used his expertise for the win.

Smurf wins, and gets $1000.
Leman loses, and gets $500.

I should get $1000 for reffing.

Rpgraccoon
07-09-2007, 08:46 PM
So the Pastoria gym will go either Smurf or LS. G'dluck to you both. :happy:

Diesel 34
07-09-2007, 08:56 PM
Name: Venusaur456
Gym Applying For: 2nd gym (grass)
Gym Pokemon: So far I only got Bulbasaur, but I'll get a Bellsprout
TM will use: SolarBeam

To late to sign up for a gym.

Venusaur456
07-09-2007, 08:58 PM
To late to sign up for a gym.
I deleted my post. Ohhhhh.

Diesel 34
07-10-2007, 02:38 AM
Well seeing as how no one signed up for Sunnyshore might as well see if Scotts will accept this application since it open.

Gym: Sunnyshore City Gym
Pokemon:

Own:
Electivire
Raichu
Jolteon

Rent:
Lanturn
Luxray
Ampharos

TM: 34 Shock Wave

dusknoir
07-10-2007, 05:17 AM
Can I ask how are we going to give a TM to everyone?

Soda
07-10-2007, 05:21 AM
Can I ask how are we going to give a TM to everyone?

1)
Your not a gym leader so it's "They" not "We"

2)
You have an unlimited amount of that TM to give to winners.
Like badges, you've played the games.
3)
Have you even joined the URPG?

dusknoir
07-10-2007, 05:28 AM
Okay, they then.

No I haven't joined it. I'm actually too busy thinking on how it works.

And how do we have unlimited TMs, I don't, that's for sure.

Soda
07-10-2007, 05:58 AM
Okay, they then.

No I haven't joined it. I'm actually too busy thinking on how it works.

And how do we have unlimited TMs, I don't, that's for sure.

You know this isn't about the game D/P at all.
You don't use Wi-Fi...
You have to buy th TM I think and then once you have it you can keep giving it to winners....

FrozenChaos
07-10-2007, 08:09 AM
Well seeing as how no one signed up for Sunnyshore might as well see if Scotts will accept this application since it open.

Pokemon:

Own:
Electivire
Raichu

Rent:
Lanturn
Jolteon
Luxray
Ampharos

TM: 34 Shock Wav

I asked Scotts about Sunnyshore a while back, and he said to wait until the other gym matches where done. :\ And since I'm posting, better put mine up here too.

Gym: Sunnyshore
TM: Charge Beam

Own: Jotleon, Lanturn, Electivire
Rent: Magnezone, Rotom, Electrode

EDIT: Must. Have. Color. x_x -forgot font color-

Leman
07-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Also applying for Sunny Shore.

OWN: Jolteon, Ampharos, Electivire
RENT: Magnezone, Lanturn, Electrode

TM: Charge Beam

dusknoir
07-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Oh, I knew it wasn't about DP.

I get it now.

Dr Scott
07-15-2007, 12:47 AM
Pastoria

CHASE VS. ATARO ---- Chase

LS VS. ALEX ---- LS Won

SMURF VS. PLAYER SLAYER ---- Smurf won. Duh, I had this from the beginning nubs.

LEMAN VS. RUST VS. IONA (FFA) ---- Leman

____ Round 2 _____

Chase vs. LS- LS

Smurf vs. Lemon - Smurf

------ Round 3 ------
LS vs. Smurf

Snowpoint

TYRA VS. ATF VS. FFK - Tyra

Hearthome

Veilstone

Eterna

CP VS. ROBERT VS. RPGRAC (FFA) ----- RPG Rac

Oreburgh

Michael and Jack ---- Team Evo

About Sunnyshore: Signups aren't open.

Sobusysobusysobusy

Ketamine
07-15-2007, 01:50 AM
All were waiting for is LS and Smurf to finish there battles, then we can open the gyms right?

Leman
07-15-2007, 02:13 AM
All were waiting for is LS and Smurf to finish there battles, then we can open the gyms right?

No, I think Canalave and Sunnyshore have to be decided first.

Gold Rush
07-15-2007, 07:52 AM
Shouldn't they be put in the wan't a gym thread?

Rpgraccoon
07-15-2007, 11:25 AM
Shouldn't they be put in the wan't a gym thread?

That is what I suppose will happen to those two. The demand was low at the beginning of this tournament for the gyms. Thus, it should probably come to first come first serve. However, it is not for me to decide it is all up to the busy yet powerful Scott. :smile:

Smurf
07-17-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm just letting everyone know that I'm not going to have a ton of time to do this battle in the near future. We have a pretty large job that is going to take near a month, and will require us to work on weekends sometimes. So, I will be pretty busy. The only day I may be avilable this week is Saturday, if we're not working. After that, maybe the next Sunday.

So, I'm going to do the mature thing and make LS wait just like he made me wait this weekend when he put his mon in the daycare on the only freeday I had ten minutes after I IMed him. :smile:

Sorry to anyone else who wanted to get owned by my gym and has to wait. :sad:

Rpgraccoon
07-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Added another owned plus rented for 8 total now. Finally, My little Oddish evolved.

Gyms

-Eterna City
Pokemon 1: Roserade
Pokemon 2: Mismagius*
Pokemon 3: Jumpluff
Pokemon 4 Vileplume
Pokemon 5 Venusaur [Rent]
Pokemon 6: Torterra [Rent]
Pokemon 7: Shiftry [Rent]
Pokemon 8: Sceptile [Rent]

TM: Energy Ball

*Mismagius naturally learns Magical Leaf. Plus, she can learn the gym TM and is found close to the gym in the game. In D/P the Ice gym leader has a Pokemon with similar qualifications in her gym (Medicham).

~Falcon~
07-19-2007, 02:22 PM
I need to edit some stuff too

rules: 3vs 3 and up d/p no items (no hold) normal terrain

pokemon
breloom (own)
heracross (own)
poliwrath (own)
Infernape (own)
Medicham (rent)
Lucario (rent)

if Im allowed two more
Toxicroak (rent)
Primeape (rent)

gym tm: drain punch

Ketamine
07-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Might aswell edit my line up lol.

Rules:
2 vs 2 - 6 vs 6
DP
Sunny Terrain - Sand Terrain
No Items/ Hold Items
Tm: Stone Edge

Own:
Golem
Cradily
Bastidon
Tyranitar
Steelix
Kabutops
Metagross (If allowed)

Rent:
Aerodactly
Rampardos
Probopass.

LS
07-20-2007, 08:07 AM
I love how Smurf is overconfident.. See ya Saturday

Gold Rush
07-20-2007, 03:36 PM
I will edit my line up aswell. ;D

Rules:
3v3
D/P
Sunny Weather - Normal Terrain
No Items/ Hold Items
TM: Shadow Claw

Own:
Gengar
Dusknoir
Houndoom
Bannette
Mismagiaus
Drifblim

Rent:
Frosslass
Rotom
Spirtomb
Sablye

Smurf
07-20-2007, 05:23 PM
I love how Smurf is overconfident.. See ya Saturday
I love how you talk here and then over IM....

LSpl0x (1:17:26 PM): Im scared of you XD

Dr Scott
07-20-2007, 05:41 PM
I'll have ya'll PM me your final lineup when I finally open them up ;_;. Sorry it's taking so long, but you guys still have to battle so :P.

With the up of activity, Sunnyshore will probably need something as well.

Leman
07-20-2007, 07:18 PM
With the up of activity, Sunnyshore will probably need something as well.

Does that mean aplications for it are open?

LS
07-20-2007, 07:21 PM
I love how you talk here and then over IM....

LSpl0x (1:17:26 PM): Im scared of you XD

XD That was a joke. Anyway. Tomorrow Il be the new leader of Pastoria. ;D

Diesel 34
07-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Does that mean aplications for it are open?

I think he means there will need to be a battle for it since quite a few people are interested in it.

Subside
07-21-2007, 12:45 PM
XD That was a joke. Anyway. Tomorrow Il be the new leader of Pastoria. ;D
I've already said to Josh I'll ref the battle if I'm around :P

It will be interesting =D

Leman
07-21-2007, 03:50 PM
I've already said to Josh I'll ref the battle if I'm around :P

It will be interesting =D

Awwww, I wanted to ref that.

LS
07-21-2007, 04:20 PM
Let him get online first.. >> He blocked me so I dont know if he is. XD

Leman
07-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Let him get online first.. >> He blocked me so I dont know if he is. XD

He was on a half an hour ago.

Smurf
07-21-2007, 06:44 PM
You're unblocked now and I'm avilable for the next few hours until my girlfriend comes back. =P

Leman
07-21-2007, 10:49 PM
2v2
D/P
No Items
Normal Terrain
AIM
Patoria

Smurf vs LS

Slowbro, Milotic vs Kingdra, Starmie

Long battle. Smurf has a really annoying Milotic, that beat LS's mon. after a loooong battle.

;_; Two hours.

Smurf: 1500 and Pastoria
LS: 1000

Total: 18000

Smurf won. :O That was unexpected!!

LS
07-21-2007, 10:51 PM
GG Josh. :) Have fun with Pastoria. If you can keep it. ;)

politoed123
08-07-2007, 03:47 AM
Can i try out for the Pastoria City Gym? I have a Gyrados and i will give out TM Brine.

LS
08-07-2007, 03:56 AM
Can i try out for the Pastoria City Gym? I have a Gyrados and i will give out TM Brine.

XD I think you're a little late. Smurf beat me in the Finals for it.

Mitsuzo-kun
08-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Are there any open gyms left?

Lord Celebi
08-07-2007, 12:51 PM
Are there any open gyms left?

No, none of the Sinnoh gyms are open.

umbreonandespeon
08-07-2007, 12:57 PM
i challenge the sinnoh water gym in the forums, make the thread and find a ref.

P.S sorry if i'm being rude.

Mitsuzo-kun
08-07-2007, 01:12 PM
No, none of the Sinnoh gyms are open.

I mean to become leader... Did you already know that? From your answer, I thought that you thought that I meant open to challenge.

Lord Celebi
08-07-2007, 09:51 PM
I mean to become leader... Did you already know that? From your answer, I thought that you thought that I meant open to challenge.

By open I meant available. They also cannot take challenges yet.

Mitsuzo-kun
08-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Okay, thanks Rust! =)

I wanted to apply for one, but I'm a bit late... I probably wouldn't have got one anyway. I so desperately want a Ghost gym, but I have a feeling I won't get one for a while.

Seawolf
08-10-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm not the only one wondering why Mismagius is allowed in the new Grass gym. There are plenty of Grass types to consider, and Ghost is a far cry from being related to Grass at all.

I'm aware it gets Magical Leaf as a move, but does that mean something like Kangaskhan should be allowed in a Water gym just because it learns Surf...? :tongue:

Mitsuzo-kun
08-10-2007, 10:57 PM
XD

Completely agree! No gyms left to apply for = Me D=

Subside
08-10-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm not the only one wondering why Mismagius is allowed in the new Grass gym. There are plenty of Grass types to consider, and Ghost is a far cry from being related to Grass at all.

I'm aware it gets Magical Leaf as a move, but does that mean something like Kangaskhan should be allowed in a Water gym just because it learns Surf...? :tongue:
Exactly, its like me *insert comparison here* there are certain exceptions but as meg said, a ghost isn't really anything like a grass type.

Smurf
08-10-2007, 11:48 PM
Exactly, its like me *insert comparison here* there are certain exceptions but as meg said, a ghost isn't really anything like a grass type.
Thank you Meg for bringing that up! =P

Of course there are certain exceptions, Dragonite and Cradily in a water gym due to their habbitat, PorygonZ in an electric gym for it being made of computer data, Gengar in a psychic or dark gym due to the nature and history of the pokemon in game and anime wise, but Mismagius just seems like too far a stretch. Simply because the makers of the DP games failed to put enough types to fill up a three pokemon gym leader, not even with Mismagius mind you, does not mean that the URPG should allow such a far stretch there.

The URPG has access to every pokemon except legendaries to place in a gym and should allow few of these exceptions to take place. When they do, they should at least make sense.

Just my two cents in the debate. I don't care either way if he has it but I felt the need to try and debate a little. XD

Fossil Fusion
08-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Mismagius shouldnt be in a grass gym. Take it out. :neutral:

Rpgraccoon
08-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Me and Scott had a long conversation about this read before you judge.

Birth of the Spirit of Eterna: Missmaguis has quite a long list of reasons that she is allowed in this gym. I shall go down them for those who wish to know why the spirit lives in the gym. The first reason she resides here is because in Sinnoh you can catch Missmagius in the Eterna forest. Next is she naturally learns Magical Leaf and can learn the Gym TM: Energy Ball. Finally, in Sinnoh 2 gym leaders have Mons like her that either naturally or un-naturally have moves like her and/or are located near the local gyms. ( Candice the Snowpoint Gym Leader & Volkner the Sunny Shore Gym Leader). However, unlike their Pokemon Missmagius fulfills all three qualities being located near the gym, naturally learning a grass move, and learning the gym TM.

1.) Habitat: Eterna Forest DP
2.) Level-Up Grass Move: Magical Leaf
3.) Learns Gym TM: Energy Ball
4.) Other Moves: Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Lucky Chant*
5.) DP Gym Leaders: Candice the Snowpoint Gym Leader & Volkner the Sunny Shore Gym Leader
6,) Flavor: She also reminds me of the Old Dark Witch of the Forest in classic mythology.

*These moves are commonly learned by grass type Pokemon or suite the flavor.

Subside
08-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Rhypherior Learns Poison Jab naturally and Toxic via TM, its pre-evo is located in the Safari Zone which is next to Fuchsia gym, do I get it in my gym then?

Using that method the gyms would have a tonne of mons that didn't belong in their teams, and if it happens for one person why not for everyone else, see my point.

Mitsuzo-kun
08-12-2007, 01:45 PM
Rhypherior Learns Poison Jab naturally and Toxic via TM, its pre-evo is located in the Safari Zone which is next to Fuchsia gym, do I get it in my gym then?

Using that method the gyms would have a tonne of mons that didn't belong in their teams, and if it happens for one person why not for everyone else, see my point.

Nice comeback! To be honest, I agree with Chaotic Despair on this one. I think all different type gym Pokemon should be extremely closely related to that type. Mismagius isn't close to Grass type at all.

Rpgraccoon
08-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Humm.. good point. However the Safari zone is not a natural habitat. It is man-made. Otherwise good point.

None the less Craidly and Gengar in the other gyms makes no since at all imop.

Really should Gengar be allowed in four gyms. Dark, Poison, Psychic, and Ghost. Lets see in the anime he takes Ash flying so lets add that to the mix as well.

IMOP. the wildcard system is flaud. look Craidly yes it can breed with some water types. However, it cannot learn any water type moves. It cannot survive underwater or in a water types habitate for long and it is a fossil. Aka shouldn't be allowed in a water type gym.Plus, how many water types are there?

Now there are enough pokemon of each type to fill each gym. Thus, either have wildcards to spice things up. Like I wanted to do or remove them.

Thanks for letting me defend myself guys. :smile:

Loyal Arcanine
08-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Humm.. good point. However the Safari zone is not a natural habitat. It is man-made. Otherwise good point.

None the less Craidly and Gengar in the other gyms makes no since at all imop.

Really should Gengar be allowed in four gyms. Dark, Poison, Psychic, and Ghost. Lets see in the anime he takes Ash flying so lets add that to the mix as well.

IMOP. the wildcard system is flaud. look Craidly yes it can breed with some water types. However, it cannot learn any water type moves. It cannot survive underwater or in a water types habitate for long and it is a fossil. Aka shouldn't be allowed in a water type gym.Plus, how many water types are there?

Now there are enough pokemon of each type to fill each gym. Thus, either have wildcards to spice things up. Like I wanted to do or remove them.

Thanks for letting me defend myself guys. :smile:
The wildcard system is indeed flaud, but it only exists because you members have been nagging about it for years. OMG, I want Dragonite in my water gym, Houndoom in my ghost gym, Porygon in my electric gym, Gengar in my flying gym ... eventually something snaps and we give in, which leads to very odd wildcards being seen nowadays.

In my opinion, if you truly are a leader with dignity, why do you even bother with Pokemon that are not your type? There are a lot of Pokemon that learn Fire moves or breed with Fire Pokemon and would make a nice addition to my Cinnabar squad. But my gym is a Fire Gym, so I'm using Fire Pokemon only. I don't even want any other type in my gym.

Rpgraccoon
08-12-2007, 06:06 PM
The wildcard system is indeed flaud, but it only exists because you members have been nagging about it for years. OMG, I want Dragonite in my water gym, Houndoom in my ghost gym, Porygon in my electric gym, Gengar in my flying gym ... eventually something snaps and we give in, which leads to very odd wildcards being seen nowadays.

In my opinion, if you truly are a leader with dignity, why do you even bother with Pokemon that are not your type? There are a lot of Pokemon that learn Fire moves or breed with Fire Pokemon and would make a nice addition to my Cinnabar squad. But my gym is a Fire Gym, so I'm using Fire Pokemon only. I don't even want any other type in my gym.

Man that was great. I still think removal of the Wild Card system is in order or Revamping of it. Gengar should not be allowed into every gym you can think off. Humm he can learn Sunny day and Fire Punch. Also he gets awfully mad in some of the Anime titles I have seen it add fire to the mix. Gengar: Fire, Dark, Psychic, Flying, Ghost, Poison. Plus, wait there is more he can survive underwater dang that means water type gyms can use him too. :eek:

P.S. If the spirit dies LA it will be because I surrender to you beauty of a speech not because of forced removal.

Mitsuzo-kun
08-12-2007, 06:08 PM
I so badly want a gym... Who got Hearthome?

~Falcon~
08-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Adam got that one

Diesel 34
08-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Djax, we understand you want a gym, but you really need to stop posting it in here. Saying it once is okay, but multiple times is just not necessary.

Mitsuzo-kun
08-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Djax, we understand you want a gym, but you really need to stop posting it in here. Saying it once is okay, but multiple times is just not necessary.

Thank you for that, Diesel. I shall refrain from posting unnecessarily in this thread. X3

I wanted to see if I could challenge the Hearthome Leader for their gym. So thank you, Diesel, for pointing that out to me.

Seawolf
08-12-2007, 09:32 PM
Man that was great. I still think removal of the Wild Card system is in order or Revamping of it. Gengar should not be allowed into every gym you can think off. Humm he can learn Sunny day and Fire Punch. Also he gets awfully mad in some of the Anime titles I have seen it add fire to the mix. Gengar: Fire, Dark, Psychic, Flying, Ghost, Poison. Plus, wait there is more he can survive underwater dang that means water type gyms can use him too. :eek:

P.S. If the spirit dies LA it will be because I surrender to you beauty of a speech not because of forced removal.

Gengar is only allowed in three Gyms, two of which are its types, so you're not really making any sense here. :ermm:

I think Phil pretty much nailed it with his Rhyperior argument.

By the way, I remember you saying something about Cradily not being able to live in water, and I feel a need to correct you.

Cradily is an aquatic creature that makes its nest in the shallows of warm seas.

EDIT: Cradily probably shouldn't be allowed in Water Gyms, though, even though it DOES live in the sea.

Rpgraccoon
08-12-2007, 10:14 PM
Gengar is only allowed in three Gyms, two of which are its types, so you're not really making any sense here. :ermm:

I think Phil pretty much nailed it with his Rhyperior argument.

By the way, I remember you saying something about Cradily not being able to live in water, and I feel a need to correct you.

EDIT: Cradily probably shouldn't be allowed in Water Gyms, though, even though it DOES live in the sea.

Meg Gengar is in a psychic gym, poison, and ghost. However, it could be in even more presumibly under the current rulings. Ash went flying with Gengar in one of the old episodes thus it could be in the flying gym. Also, it can breed with Magcargo and learn fire moves thus we have a fire & rock type option for the fellow. I am just saying under the current foundations any and all of the current wild cards are flawed. Besides RM's who's is a normal type. Thus, before just picking on the new guy look at the others as well.

Come on Camerupt in a rock gym?? Tyranitar not allowed in a ground gym he seems obvious for a wild card in that gym?? Kabutops in a bug gym?? Flygon a ground mon in a flying gym??

( if Phils comment wasn't the Safari Zone I would of been more impressed find me an example of a non-man made area that has the same case. )

Leman
08-13-2007, 12:10 AM
( if Phils comment wasn't the Safari Zone I would of been more impressed find me an example of a non-man made area that has the same case. )

How about Ludicolo for the Normal gym in RSE. It learns Growl by level up and can learn a TON of normal moves, like Return and Protect. Plus you can catch a Lotad right by it. :O

Rpgraccoon
08-13-2007, 01:25 AM
How about Ludicolo for the Normal gym in RSE. It learns Growl by level up and can learn a TON of normal moves, like Return and Protect. Plus you can catch a Lotad right by it. :O

Well Normal is kinda an exception to that rule. Normals can learn just about anything to begin with and every thing learns a normal move. Come to think of it is there a Pokemon that doesn't learn a normal move. :confused:

Leman
08-13-2007, 01:36 AM
Well Normal is kinda an exception to that rule. Normals can learn just about anything to begin with and every thing learns a normal move. Come to think of it is there a Pokemon that doesn't learn a normal move. :confused:

Technically Unown, cause Hidden Power is never really Normal, but is classified that way.

Then how about Sableye for Dewford? It can learn Brick Break, and Focus Punch through TM is found in that cave by Dewford in Saphire, and learn Detect by level up. :P

Rpgraccoon
08-13-2007, 03:31 AM
Technically Unown, cause Hidden Power is never really Normal, but is classified that way.

Then how about Sableye for Dewford? It can learn Brick Break, and Focus Punch through TM is found in that cave by Dewford in Saphire, and learn Detect by level up. :P

Yes, that would be a valid option for that gyms wild card IMOP. However, I have to admit the I now call to stand the Craidly discussion with this. If it is all just habitat look at this Dusknoirs habitat is forest. Mismagius has more of a right in a grass gym then Dusknoir with her natural moves and flavor then he does. http://www.psypokes.com/dex/search.php?type=habitat&home=forest#results

Diesel 34
08-13-2007, 03:36 AM
Just to ask shouldn't a discussion like this more be in Trainers Court or something.

Leman
08-13-2007, 03:38 AM
Yes, that would be a valid option for that gyms wild card IMOP. However, I have to admit the I now call to stand the Craidly discussion with this. If it is all just habitat look at this Dusknoirs habitat is forest. Mismagius has more of a right in a grass gym then Dusknoir with her natural moves and flavor then he does. http://www.psypokes.com/dex/search.php?type=habitat&home=forest#results

IMO neither Dusknoir or Mismagius should be in a GRASS gym. Sabeleye shouldn't be in a FIGHTING gym, it was supposed to be rediculous.

Rpgraccoon
08-13-2007, 01:38 PM
That is what I am saying both methods lead to folly. I tried a new method recently and it worked fine.

1.) It must be able to breed with a Pokemon of your Gyms Type.
2.) It must live in a habitat that houses a Pokemon of your Gyms Type.
( Via the Habitat listing. Not where you catch them in game )
3.) It must learn a level up move of your Gyms Type.
4.) It must learn the Gym's TM . ( HM do not qualify )
5.) Also, it must learn an additional TM of the Gyms Type. ( HM do not qualify )

Now the wild cards would be harder to find and more exact. I found one pokemon rather fast others took some time. Most are bugs.

Butterfree
1.) Breeds with Paras, Burmey
2.) Forest
3.) Stun Spore, Sleep Powder
4.) Energy Ball
5.) Solar Beam, Giga Drain

I have made my decision up about Mismagius. However, I will not reveal my decision till all the gyms open and I submit my final team format. All the teams here a tentative team listings.

Smurf
08-13-2007, 06:35 PM
That is what I am saying both methods lead to folly. I tried a new method recently and it worked fine.

5.) Also, it must learn an additional TM of the Gyms Type. ( HM do not qualify )

Now the wild cards would be harder to find and more exact. I found one pokemon rather fast others took some time. Most are bugs.

Butterfree
1.) Breeds with Paras, Burmey
2.) Forest
3.) Stun Spore, Sleep Powder
4.) Energy Ball
5.) Solar Beam, Giga Drain

I have made my decision up about Mismagius. However, I will not reveal my decision till all the gyms open and I submit my final team format. All the teams here a tentative team listings.
You can still fit Rhyperior into a poison gym with that. =P

LS
08-13-2007, 08:35 PM
:/ They should just take out that lame rule. If you're a real leader you'll just use the gym type mons.

Rpgraccoon
08-13-2007, 09:29 PM
You can still fit Rhyperior into a poison gym with that. =P

It would fail rule 5. It learns Poison Jab during level up. Thus, you would not count it twice.

Leman
08-13-2007, 11:16 PM
Sableye still fits as well.

1.) Breeds with Machop, Hitomlee
2.) Cave (W/ Makuhita and Meditite)
3.) Detect
4.) Brick Beak
5.) Focus Punch, Rock Smash

Dr Scott
08-14-2007, 01:56 AM
Gawd, I apologize for being so late.

College preparations, just got back from vacation, etc. -_-.

Here's what's going to happen.

-Point 1 : All those who have won a gym in a tournament must PM me their FINAL LINEUPS AND OTHER INFORMATION (such as HM) which will be finally final and whatnot. Include name, gym, everything I'll need. That means no changing them after you send them. And whatnot. The sooner you send them, the sooner it opens.

-Point 2 : I've talked to Carly and sissy FC about gyms, but if others want it, then something will be done. If only 2 want it, I will choose the most qualified and there will be no whining. If you want it later, then train up and beat them for it at one point. If more then 2 want it, we'll have to fight for it.

-Point 3 : Once all from Point 1 have their stuff done and I've OK'd it here, then the whole thing opens up, regardless on Point 2. The gyms from 2 will be open when they are resolved.

Again, sorry for the wait.

Rpgraccoon
08-14-2007, 02:14 AM
Sableye still fits as well.

1.) Breeds with Machop, Hitomlee
2.) Cave (W/ Makuhita and Meditite)
3.) Detect
4.) Brick Beak
5.) Focus Punch, Rock Smash

Rock Smash is a HM thus no qualification.

Leman
08-14-2007, 05:30 AM
@RPGRac, then HP Fighting

Name: Leman
TM: Thunder Wave/Charge Beam - Im not sure which one Vermillion has
Pokemon:

Own:
Lanturn
Ampharos
Jolteon
Electrode
Electivire
Raichu

Rent:
Magnezone
Manetric
Porygon-Z

Diesel 34
08-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Name: Diesel 34
Sunnyshore
Badge: Beacon
TM:Shockwave

Mons

Own:
Jolteon
Lanturn
Electrode
Ampharos
Electivire

Rent:
PorygonZ
Rotom
Magnezone

Dog of Hellsing
08-20-2007, 06:07 PM
~Name: Tyranitar_Trainer
~Gym: Snowpoint
~Badge: Icicle Badge
~Gym Pokemon:
*OWN: Glaceon, Lapras
* RENT: Weavile, Froslass, Walrein, Abomasnow
~TM you will use: TM Avalanche ^^

Smurf
08-20-2007, 09:29 PM
It would fail rule 5. It learns Poison Jab during level up. Thus, you would not count it twice.
Ever hear of Toxic? =P You fail, I win.

Rpgraccoon
08-20-2007, 09:47 PM
Ever hear of Toxic? =P You fail, I win.

@ Leman HP: is a Normal Type TM Thus would not qualify
@ Smurf: I altered 5's ruling in the Fight with your Type thread to 2 TM's plus. Toxic if the gym TM or Posion Jab as the Gym TM would disqualify Rhyperior. As there is no double dipping.

5.) Also, it must learn 2 additional TM of the Gyms Type. ( HM do not qualify )
6.) LO Approval.

Finally Anyone who wishes to read this. Please do this is something I stumbled upon. I wanted Missy as I hated the retared duck & I wanted a Dark forest motif in my gym. Plus, she worked extremely well in my gym to begin with. However, I will not debate her much more. Since I have only one translated piece of literature I wish to share The one who guards the forest (http://zb.eco.pl/gb/20/forest.htm). She was to be the gatekeeper. However, no more thanks to closed minds. eh, farewell to the guardian.

ETR, any Rock gym may as well put Cacturn in there gyms now if Cradily gets in the water gym though. So Good Luck with that :smile:

P.S. Discussion of Wild Cards has not been locked yet. Fight with your type is open in the Trainers Court please redirect all discussion of that to the correct thread. I will not be responding to this kind of talk in here.

Smurf
08-21-2007, 05:45 AM
@ Leman HP: is a Normal Type TM Thus would not qualify
@ Smurf: I altered 5's ruling in the Fight with your Type thread to 2 TM's plus. Toxic if the gym TM or Posion Jab as the Gym TM would disqualify Rhyperior. As there is no double dipping.

5.) Also, it must learn 2 additional TM of the Gyms Type. ( HM do not qualify )
6.) LO Approval.

Finally Anyone who wishes to read this. Please do this is something I stumbled upon. I wanted Missy as I hated the retared duck & I wanted a Dark forest motif in my gym. Plus, she worked extremely well in my gym to begin with. However, I will not debate her much more. Since I have only one translated piece of literature I wish to share The one who guards the forest (http://zb.eco.pl/gb/20/forest.htm). She was to be the gatekeeper. However, no more thanks to closed minds. eh, farewell to the guardian.

ETR, any Rock gym may as well put Cacturn in there gyms now if Cradily gets in the water gym though. So Good Luck with that :smile:

P.S. Discussion of Wild Cards has not been locked yet. Fight with your type is open in the Trainers Court please redirect all discussion of that to the correct thread. I will not be responding to this kind of talk in here.
You really just ***** to much. You're developing a hate group.

I sent my lineup in, Scott. =) Good to see they're almost ready!

Subside
08-21-2007, 12:05 PM
@RPG: It's not going to happen really, those rules are a bit much and your fighting a losing battle, stop your whining and let the league organizers decide.

Dog of Hellsing
09-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Man, where is everyone with their team listings? These Gyms are never going to open if people don't start posting. I'm getting ready to PM everyone who won a Gym and hasn't posted their final line-up and remind them to do so, so we can get these Gyms open.

EDIT: Geh, nevermind.

Smurf
09-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Man, where is everyone with their team listings? These Gyms are never going to open if people don't start posting. I'm getting ready to PM everyone who won a Gym and hasn't posted their final line-up and remind them to do so, so we can get these Gyms open.

EDIT: Geh, nevermind.
I submitted mine the first time I saw that we needed to. Scott's great, but he's a little too busy to be doing this on his own I think. x_x

Loyal Arcanine
09-06-2007, 06:16 PM
If everybody who has a Sinnoh Gym PMs their line up and TM to me, I'll put them up. Scott is still the league organizer so any issues go to him, but I'll just make sure these gyms can start battling.

Dog of Hellsing
09-06-2007, 08:30 PM
I submitted mine the first time I saw that we needed to. Scott's great, but he's a little too busy to be doing this on his own I think. x_x

Heh, he reminds me of Ryan.

If everybody who has a Sinnoh Gym PMs their line up and TM to me, I'll put them up. Scott is still the league organizer so any issues go to him, but I'll just make sure these gyms can start battling.

Heh, well, I'll go ahead and send you mine. *Bows head.* The faster we can get this sorted out, the faster we can open the Gyms and I can have fun pwning people with Ice Mon I've never used XD.

Smurf
09-08-2007, 01:24 AM
Haha, I just noticed that the ice badge has the wrong name. XD

Dr Scott
09-13-2007, 04:03 PM
Ugh, sorry. I'm being slaughtered by school. Literally. Damn serial killing classes ...

Anyhoot, thanks for helping Las Angeles but I finally got you five up ^^;. Go out and battle young ones!

If you both still want it, Leman and Diesel for Sunnyshore, 2v2 all Electric Own'd 'mon battle.

The rest are open for anyone.

Leman
09-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Ugh, sorry. I'm being slaughtered by school. Literally. Damn serial killing classes ...

Anyhoot, thanks for helping Las Angeles but I finally got you five up ^^;. Go out and battle young ones!

If you both still want it, Leman and Diesel for Sunnyshore, 2v2 all Electric Own'd 'mon battle.

The rest are open for anyone.

Ok cool. I havn't seen Deisel in a while though. =/

Subside
09-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Omg'snap *goes to challenge*

Tamer Marco
09-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Finally, I shall fight!

Rpgraccoon
09-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Note: That also means two are open for applications. :wink: :wink: