PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Virus

Nick_Roge
05-15-2007, 01:07 PM
What do I do if my computer has "the blue screen of death"? I've tried consantly restarting the computer, but i can't get past "the blue screen of death". It's right after the first start-up screen where it shows the drivers that you have installed. I just don't know what to do. Someone please help.

Neo Emolga
05-15-2007, 01:16 PM
What do I do if my computer has "the blue screen of death"? I've tried consantly restarting the computer, but i can't get past "the blue screen of death". It's right after the first start-up screen where it shows the drivers that you have installed. I just don't know what to do. Someone please help.

Perform Windows Repair. I actually had a problem this morning that needed it. Just make sure you have the Windows CD and the RAID disk ready.

I don't know if that will help, but I've had several problems, and I fixed them by doing that.

Nick_Roge
05-15-2007, 05:11 PM
The problem with that is I can't even get to the system recovery screen to even begin to fix it.

Lucavi
05-15-2007, 05:24 PM
do you get a message regarding a memory address, registry, or a particular driver? There are many BSOD messages out there. Also, specifying your operative system may help as well

Kenny_C.002
05-15-2007, 05:31 PM
If all else fails, get a hard drive ready, and use linux live to save all your stuff onto that hard drive before reformatting.

Nick_Roge
05-15-2007, 06:50 PM
If all else fails, get a hard drive ready, and use linux live to save all your stuff onto that hard drive before reformatting.
How do I do that? the linux thing I mean. and by get a hard drive ready do you mean a new one?
do you get a message regarding a memory address, registry, or a particular driver? There are many BSOD messages out there. Also, specifying your operative system may help as well

My operating system is windows xp. the only message I get is the one at startup up that says something like GFORCE FX (my graphics driver) and then it lists my comkputers RAM and some other stuff I don't rember. But right after that it goes to "the blue screen of death".

P.S.: "the blue screen of death" is just a navy blue screen with nothing on it.

Neo Emolga
05-15-2007, 06:53 PM
The problem with that is I can't even get to the system recovery screen to even begin to fix it.

Go to the BIOS of your motherboard, set the boot priority of your CD/DVD ROM drive to be above your hard drive, and put the Windows CD in.

Gah, wish I could help you, man. This would be way eaiser to do through showing than explaing...

Nick_Roge
05-15-2007, 07:27 PM
How do you get to BIOS before booting up.

Kenny_C.002
05-15-2007, 07:37 PM
It usually says right when you turn it on, what buttons to push.

And when I said a new Hard Drive, yup, I meant it. XD

Nick_Roge
05-15-2007, 08:27 PM
I cant get to the BIOS screen, and don't have the money for a new drive.

Nick_Roge
05-15-2007, 11:22 PM
I don't mean to double post, but I just found out I may not have "the Blue screen of death after all". In a few minutes I'll edit this post and put a few pictures I'm going to take with my camera at the two screens I can see.

Edit:
Here's where I first boot up:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l175/Nick_roge/HPIM3406.jpg
It's hard to read what it says, I'll post that later
and then it goes directly to this screen:
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l175/Nick_roge/HPIM3405.jpg

Josh
05-16-2007, 05:32 AM
That really isn't much help. =/

As for getting into the BIOS, the buttons are usually DELETE (DEL) or F2.

Nick_Roge
05-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Well, thank you for everyones help, but the strangest thing happened: I got home yesterday and my computer let get on it and everything, I did a virus scan but the results came up with only a few trojans.