PDA

View Full Version : Buying G/S/C

Freek
09-23-2004, 09:51 PM
Hi all,

I was wondering if it's still worth it to buy gsc if you've never played tem up till now.

I started with sapphire and I'll be getting fire red as soon as it's available here(only 8 days, yay), but are these older games still fun or are they a bit outdated?

That is of course, if I manage to find them somewhere -_-

ashkelon
09-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Game stores usually have all of them used. Also ebay. Also check around for little kids who got tired of theirs.

I liked GSC best of all the games, but haven't been back to play them as often (I have all 3 active and do play them still). They had great stories, and took some time to complete. Theres always stuff to do, and I liked the whole day/night day-of-week stuff. I have this whole routine down to make money :biggrin:

If you were just gonna get one, I'd get crystal and try it out. But really, since you can do better breeding and stuff, and mystery gifting, I'd get them all. Even better if you have stadium II to play with also.

'Course your mons are stuck in gsc :sad: can't take them up to rs. grrrrr
And the graphix and sound aren't nearly as good as the new games, but my imaginiation and the story made up for it.

I'd get 'em.

gold
09-24-2004, 05:18 PM
Try taking this link:

www.ebay.---

co.uk if you're in England, .com if anywhere else.
:biggrin: We're all individuals in England :biggrin:

Entei
11-07-2004, 03:40 AM
GSC are ALWAYS worth playing! The Johto region rulz! Has any1 else noticed that they have made a GBA game for the Hoenn region, a GBA game for the Kanto region, but not 1 for the Johto region? Bit sad, really :sad:

paperfairy
11-07-2004, 11:43 AM
Entei,there is no GBA game for Orre either and nobody is complaining...

YES!!! Buy GSC and Stadium 2!!! It's SOOOO worth it! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU'RE MISSING!!!!

Honestly I would like a GSC GBA game, but that's just me....

But yes, buy it.

Enchanted Flygon
11-07-2004, 11:48 AM
they are awsome, the graphics may be bad, but the plot is pretty good and makes up for it. so buy it

Tamer Marco
11-07-2004, 12:56 PM
I loved it! You can go to Jhoto and Kanto, and try to capture the first 286 pokemon! Oh, I loved this game. :biggrin:

And for all the people who suggested Ebay, I thought that you could only buy stuff with Credit Card etc. ... I wouldn't know though, since i've never bought anything from Ebay.

The Elite Ygseto
11-07-2004, 06:02 PM
Everytime I go to EB Games I see those games in the used section. They're usally less than $10.

Tamer Marco
11-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Everytime I go to EB Games I see those games in the used section. They're usally less than $10. Due to the MASSIVE gameplay, I thought they would at least be $15. But then again, used items are a hell of a lot cheaper.

Thanatos
11-09-2004, 10:42 AM
I loved it! You can go to Jhoto and Kanto, and try to capture the first 286 pokemon! Oh, I loved this game. :biggrin:

Couldn't agree more. However, there is the fact that you can only get the first 251 (bulbsaur - celebi) by my count...

Tamer Marco
11-09-2004, 01:44 PM
Couldn't agree more. However, there is the fact that you can only get the first 251 (bulbsaur - celebi) by my count... Oh, I didn't know that. ^^ I thought you could get them all by trading with G/S/C and R/B/Y.

Thanatos
11-10-2004, 05:47 AM
Nah, Coz R/S started at 252 (treecko) and it ends at 286 (Deoxys).

gold
11-10-2004, 04:56 PM
Yeah dude, it is like, well worth it yeah.
whatever.