PDA

View Full Version : Starting Anew

Deoxys Ribonuke
05-18-2007, 08:34 PM
(Whoa! Sorry; I realized I didn't read the rules properly and posted teh sign-up in teh main forum! :oops: )

Well here you are, sitting in a box, waiting for the trainer who just obtained you to withdraw you. A brand-spanking new, basic-stage Pokemon, meeting the other five members of the new team. The trainer, who had decided to raise a new team, will soon withdraw you and take you on an adventure you'll never forget!

Rules are basic: no flaming, no godmodding, no powerplaying, yadayadaya...and if you break any of these rules, a snubbing will be called.

Here's the form; I will you my character as an example.

Nickname (what your trainer named you and the origin of the name): Duamatef. Named for one of the Egyptian Four Sons of Horus. Like Anubis, Duamatef was based off of a Jackal...as was Lucario.
Pokemon (Lowest stage and no legendaries, please.): Riolu
How you were Obtained (caught in wild, recieved in trade, egg hatched, etc.): Egg hatched.
Personality: A little shy because she is so new to the world, but desire to fight is in her blood!
Moves: (please list the move's type and effect as well, even if they're old moves, as some people are still green to the many new moves introduced in DP): Vaccum Wave (FIGHTING: Cannot miss), Quick Attack (NORMAL: Strikes first.), Endure (NORMAL: Stays conscious if hit by a move.), Foresight (NORMAL: Normalizes evasiveness and makes Ghost types vulnerable to Fighting and Normal-type attacks.)

Okay, I'm going to need five more people before we begin. Also, keep in mind that this is an experienced trainer who has already defeated the Pokemon League, so he would naturally have a diverse team. In other words, I don't want a million psychic types or a million fighting types. If the type is a secondary type and/or the Pokemon is way different, then it would be okay. For example, my Pokemon will eveuntually become Lucario, who is also part Steel as well as Fighting, then by all means, don't feel intimidated by using a magnemite!

If your interested, then start posting applications! ^_^

(Oh, by the way. I'll be playing the Trainer, Leif, but he is mainly an NPC and will not really interact with the Pokemon. And if you have any ideas on the plot, PM me to let me know.)

uxie
05-18-2007, 10:10 PM
May I be a Dratini (male)? I know it's rare in Sinnoh, but I really like the Dragon type.

Deoxys Ribonuke
05-18-2007, 10:56 PM
Sure! You can be anything obtainable and non-legendary.

Just fill out the form. ^_^

uxie
05-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Nickname: Draco (Kinda unimaginative, I know, but named after the constellation Draco, the Dragon.)

Pokemon: Dratini

How you were Obtained: Caught in the wild (Dragon's Den, Johto)

Personality: Quiet, but deeply passionate about certain things. He's seen alot, so he knows quite a bit about the different regions.

Moves: Surf (WATER, creates a wall of water that roars toward the foe. Basic attack move.) Dragon Pulse (DRAGON, not sure. I think basic attacking move.) Ice Beam (ICE, basic attack move. A beam of freezing power.) Recover (NORMAL, heals the user.)

Innocent Bystander
05-18-2007, 11:50 PM
Heh. First PE2K RP. Yay for me?

Nickname: Spine. Was basically named for the spines on his body (yeah, I need to work on creative name origins.)

Pokemon: Nidoran

How you were Obtained: Hatched from an egg.

Personality: Kindly and fairly energetic, Spine is usually doing something with himself--whether it gets him hurt or not. He doesnt have anyone hed call a friend or would particularly hang out with, since he usually just sits there and waits for someone to approach or call him over. He hides his real self behind the mask of a careless, energetic, yet at the same time, negative Pokemon. Even though it may not seem like it, hes quite stubborn and wont give up unless hes likely to lose his life if he tries again. Four words of advice; dont tick him off.

Moves: (See below.)
Sucker Punch--[DARK] Always strikes first, but fails if foe is not using an attacking move.
Counter--[FIGHTING] Retaliates any physical hit with double power.
Leer--[NORMAL] Frightens the foe with a leer to lower defense.
Peck--[FLYING] Attacks the foe with a jabbing beak, etc.

Deoxys Ribonuke
05-19-2007, 12:26 AM
Heh. First PE2K RP. Yay for me?

Nickname: Spine. Was basically named for the spines on his body (yeah, I need to work on creative name origins.)

Pokemon: Nidoran

How you were Obtained: Hatched from an egg.

Personality: Kindly and fairly energetic, Spine is usually doing something with himself--whether it gets him hurt or not. He doesnt have anyone hed call a friend or would particularly hang out with, since he usually just sits there and waits for someone to approach or call him over. He hides his real self behind the mask of a careless, energetic, yet at the same time, negative Pokemon. Even though it may not seem like it, hes quite stubborn and wont give up unless hes likely to lose his life if he tries again. Four words of advice; dont tick him off.

Moves: (See below.)
Sucker Punch--[DARK] Always strikes first, but fails if foe is not using an attacking move.
Counter--[FIGHTING] Retaliates any physical hit with double power.
Leer--[NORMAL] Frightens the foe with a leer to lower defense.
Peck--[FLYING] Attacks the foe with a jabbing beak, etc.

Accepted. ^_^

Now I need three more.

Saraibre Ryu
05-19-2007, 01:15 AM
Since Riolu is already taken, I'll have to change it.

Nickname: Enkai (Japanese word for 'sea')
Pokemon: Wingull
How you were obtained: Saved from a pack of Carvanah, because I was green and not blue like normal Wingull, or in other words, because I was shiny...
Personality: Friendly, stands up for others, usually the odd one out, helpfull, strong willed which can sometimes turn into stubborness. Very understanding, loyal and has a sense of justice.
Attacks:
Water Pulse (Water): Attacks with ultrasonic waves, may confuse foe.
Air Slash (Flying): May cause opponent to flinch
Roost (Flying): Heals like recover.
Hidden Power (Ground): Effect varies with the user.

Deoxys Ribonuke
05-19-2007, 01:47 AM
You are accepted, Saraibre. ^_^

Realityxxx
05-19-2007, 05:46 AM
Nickname: Toge
Pokemon:Togepi
How You Were Oubtained: Egg Hatching
Personality: Shy and scared since she is new to the world, And Does'nt Know Much. However, She does NOT let that get hold of her. She is free at her own will, and will NEVER give up.
Attacks:
Charm ((NORMAL)) charms the foe and sharply reduses it's ATTACK.
Growl ((NORMAL)) Growls cutely to reduce the foes ATTACK
Tackle ((NORMAL)) Tackles the foe.
Wish ((NORMAL)) A wish that restores HP. It takes time to work.

Rob
05-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Nickname: Crush
Pokemon: Krabby
Obtained: Gift from previous water gym leader.
Personality: Lives to battle. Incredibly loyal.
Moves: Crab Hammer (Medium physical attack) Bubble (Bubbles are fired at high speed in this strong water attack) Ice Beam (Shoots a super chilled beam of ice at foe. May freeze)
Rain Dance (Krabby is able to induce natural rain, which boosts water pokemon stats and attacks)

Krabby aims to evole and learn the all powerful Hyper Beam attack. His high attack and defence make him a wonderful pokemon for one on one battling. His speed lets him down.

Is that OK? :D

EspeonSun
05-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Not bad for a first RP, sounds like a good one. (Can we have good attacks or have to start out with beginning ones? Tell me if my attacks aren't okay.)

Nickname: Flare

Pokemon: Chimchar

How you were Obtained: Traded

Personality: A strong out going fighter, loves the taste of victory, and is a bit over confident.

Moves:
Flamethrower (FIRE- A powerful fire attack that may inflict burn)
Aerial Ace (Flying- An extremely speedy and unaviodable attack)
Shadow Claw (GHOST- High critical hit ratio)
Flame Wheel (FIRE- A firery charge attack that may inflict burn.)

Deoxys Ribonuke
05-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Okay you're all accept-- wait a minute...oh dear, 7 people...that's a problem...

You know, I have a better idea. Since I'm already being Leif, how about I just pull out my Pokemon char and just be the trainer. That way you can all be in it. ^_^

I'll just keep track of things and come in whenever needed.

(As for any mods watching this...do you think that's an okay idea? :oops: )

EspeonSun
05-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Okay, let me get this straight. We are pokemon that fight and stuff? Cause if we're in the pokeball all the time it will be a boring RP.

Deoxys Ribonuke
05-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Yes, that's true. ^_^ But in this RP, there's an alternate plane (sort of like a Pokemon Box) where they can interact with eachother. And yes, there will be a lot of battling.

EspeonSun
05-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Well okay then~ When is this going to start

Deoxys Ribonuke
05-19-2007, 11:02 PM
I'll create a new thread in the main section sometime later; I have a few things to do right now...

EspeonSun
05-19-2007, 11:44 PM
Sure you do.... LOL

Deoxys Ribonuke
05-20-2007, 12:27 AM
((Okay, guys, I began the RP in the main Forum, so by all means, begin posting, and I hope evryone has fun! ^_^))

gallade99
05-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Nickname: Silence, named for his pitch-black, almost no talking state.
Pokemon: Larvitar
How you were Obtained: caught in wild
Personality: A mean-looking little shy larvitar, no one knows why he is shy, but it is only because he tried to make friends in the wild, but all of them spit upon him, stating, "You're a freak silence! No one would want a black Larvitar." He is not mean though, he is only misunderstood.
Moves: Bite (dark:may cause foe to flinch) Tackle (normal:no special effect) Strength (normal: no special effect) Rock Smash (fighting: May lower the foe's speed stat)

Pic:http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3315/silencethelarvitarcg6.png