PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft 2!!! The wait is ovaaah

Jet
05-19-2007, 01:00 PM
http://www.starcraft2.com/

Read 'em... and CRYYYY...

It's official, it's going to be out soon... a DAMN shame there are no new races... but what the heck, story's damn good... comments and crits people? =P XD

Charbok
05-19-2007, 02:42 PM
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!! Finally! Its about time.

George Jefferson
05-19-2007, 06:49 PM
I'm putting all my money on that. ;D

Charbok
05-19-2007, 07:56 PM
I'm putting all my money on that. ;D

I'll probably just download it. Then again i wouldnt be able to play online though.

TheEvilDookie
05-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Oh my god! It took a few years, but Blizzard's finally done it! :) I trid telling my friend, but I think he's in denile :crackup:

Finglonger
05-19-2007, 09:23 PM
excellent, I'm kind of hoping they'll use some features of warcraft III in this, I was always fond of the hero units, but either way Im pumped for this long awaited sequel

Kenny_C.002
05-19-2007, 09:29 PM
excellent, I'm kind of hoping they'll use some features of warcraft III in this, I was always fond of the hero units, but either way Im pumped for this long awaited sequel
It's confirmed that there are "one-of-a-kind" units in this game. Potentially this is a new take on the hero system.

I'm simultaneously excited and kinda disappointed at the same time. The trailers weren't exactly "zomg, must get". The guy with a jetpack is kinda...uninspired in comparison to the pwnage they brought out when showing off the protoss.

Dr Scott
05-19-2007, 09:39 PM
About time ...

Now if only they would work on releasing Ghost ... it's been what? Like 5 years? More?

Jet
05-20-2007, 04:21 AM
Ghost hasn't been released yet? seriously? wtf...

anyway, I do hope that there would be a hero system based on W3... that way there could be an alternative for DotA in W3 XD

some spoilers (but I've guessed you've done your research as well, but its for those who haven't):

New Protoss units:

- Protoss Immortal -
100 HP
240 Shield
Dragoons are no more, since the zerg have infested the shrine on where they make the Dragoons... Immortals now take their place; they're bigger, slower (somewhat), and BADDER XD. They can actually take on siege tanks, based on screenshots... but I don't think they're tier 1 untis like before though...

- Protoss Stalker - Dragoon equivalent of Dark Templars; I think this will be the tier 1 units of SC2 Protoss... No they're not permanently cloaked... but they're long ranged, and they can Blink... yes, Blink from W3 Warden...

- Protoss Phase Prism -
40 HP
100 Shield
The new shuttle? Units are practically "beamed up/down" for transportation. Beam up; the untis are imprinted on some crystal; Beam down, well obvious. It also has another purpose; to act as a temporary energy source for Protoss buildings. If there aren't any pylons around to energize the buildings, this unit can act as one.

- Protoss Phoenix -
60 HP
120 Shield
Air unit that has a somewhat Zerg Scourge like ability; suicide... only it "overloads", dealing massive damage? but the Phoenix is rendered useless for some moments; leaving it vulnerable.

- Protoss Warp Ray -
75 HP
125 Shield
Air unit that can fire continuous lasers; the more the laser is focused on a target, the more damage its dealt... well based from the description that is.

- Protoss ?Collossus? - a big fat arse; its a land unit, but air weapons are required to hit it (I think). It can cross over ravines/cliffs easily, meaning it won't have to go to a ramp to traverse up, but its slow moving. Weapon seems to be similar to Warp Ray, only it fires 2 of them at 1 target.

- Protoss ?Mothership? - a DAMN BIG ship; hopefully won't replace the Carrier. It has 3 abilities: 1) Can fire several shots at ?an area/a target? on the ground. 2) Can distort time field around it; enemy fire unleashed at it will slow down drastically, and after some time, undistorts the time field, and any projectiles there were supposedly fired at it will fall to the ground, rendering them useless... and 3) create a black hole; unconfirmed of how it actually works; but apparently it only affects air units?

New Protoss stuff:

Zealots now have "Blink Strike"; they can instantly teleport to a target (of course they have to be at some distance before they do it.) think animé style, where one minute your target is afar from you, the next, he's next to you.

New terran units:

Terran ?Reaper? - Not sure if this is the guy with the jetpacks that can traverse cliffs/ravines, but definitely usefull for quick raids nonetheless.

New terran stuff:

- Terran Marines have shields? not sure on this one

New Zerg units:

- None shown so far.

New Zerg stuff:

- Zerglings can evolve?!?

- when they die, ?acid? is thrown all over the place; damaging AoE I think. must be an upgrade, because at one screenshot there's no acid being spewed out.

theEND
05-20-2007, 04:23 AM
The website says it all.

It's about time.

I'm going to buy this the day it comes out, and test my Blizzard skills. @_@ Beware, everyone.

Ghost was supposedly canceled.

Neo Emolga
05-20-2007, 04:43 AM
OMG, I've waited years and years for this...

It looks awesome as well. The Trailer movie has a nice touch as well.

"Hell, its about time."

Knightblazer
05-20-2007, 04:47 AM
Oh gawd... Starcraft II! *___*

It's been 10 years since I've played that game. Starcraft, I mean. A decade, folks... A DECADE.

And the wait is ovarrrrrr~ I'm soooooo gonna get that game and play it when it comes. It was the first computer game I had actually played...

Think ol' Jimmy will be there?

Knightblazer

Kenny_C.002
05-20-2007, 05:01 AM
Oh gawd... Starcraft II! *___*

It's been 10 years since I've played that game. Starcraft, I mean. A decade, folks... A DECADE.

And the wait is ovarrrrrr~ I'm soooooo gonna get that game and play it when it comes. It was the first computer game I had actually played...

Think ol' Jimmy will be there?

Knightblazer
Rayner and Zeratul will likely play a very important role against Kerrigan. I mean, this isn't the first time where the guy the villain leaves alive will end up biting their butts. The more important part of the storyline, I think, is what Duran is doing. The lack of a new race (as of now) does imply that Duran hasn't really done anything since Brood War...

Jet
05-20-2007, 05:30 AM
true true... but I'm still curious on how many years after Brood War is Starcraft 2 set in; seeing that Raynor and Kerrigan are still alive, and looking not old.

If Zeratul is still there, hopefully dark templars and archons are still available.

Kenny_C.002
05-20-2007, 05:35 AM
I don't think there is all that many changes. I mean, dragoons just got replaced with stalkers, but they seem functionally the same anyway...

And the timeframe shouldn't be that long, no. Oh man, I forgot the other Terran guy. Wonder what he'll be doing, as well.

skiboydoggy
05-20-2007, 07:08 AM
I don't think there is all that many changes. I mean, dragoons just got replaced with stalkers, but they seem functionally the same anyway...

And the timeframe shouldn't be that long, no. Oh man, I forgot the other Terran guy. Wonder what he'll be doing, as well.
The non-Raynor faction of humans all suck anyway.

Dark Templars = Utter and complete ownage of the ninth degree.

They had better stay inside.

Jet
05-20-2007, 07:54 AM

Who, Duke? Didn't he die? Gawd its been so long... I dunno ._.

Ketamine
05-20-2007, 08:07 AM

It's official, it's going to be out soon... a DAMN shame there are no new races... but what the heck, story's damn good... comments and crits people? =P XD

Wow, it took them like 15 years just to make the second game .-.

Jack of Clovers
05-20-2007, 08:21 AM
Who, Duke? Didn't he die? Gawd its been so long... I dunno ._.
Duke died. Maybe it's the other guy, the one who claims to be the king, starts with a K .... *shrugs*

Anyway, the graphics and gameplay look great. I'm excited. Vids below:

Starcraft II: Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1KnmnFxHoE). Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1RxXko-AnM&mode=related&search=). Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=050akGtHDM4&mode=related&search=).

~Jack~

Jet
05-20-2007, 08:32 AM
Duke died. Maybe it's the other guy, the one who claims to be the king, starts with a K .... *shrugs*

Anyway, the graphics and gameplay look great. I'm excited. Vids below:

Starcraft II: Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1KnmnFxHoE). Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1RxXko-AnM&mode=related&search=). Part 3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=050akGtHDM4&mode=related&search=).

~Jack~
ah, that... erm... K?

I remember Arcturus Mengsk... can't remember any other K... Kerrigan's zerg now, so meh...

Jack of Clovers
05-20-2007, 08:44 AM
Yea, that guy. Guess I was way off. :oops: It has been a while since I last played. I'll probably start playing again to remember the storyline and characters.

~Jack~

theEND
05-20-2007, 01:41 PM
The graphics look so much better, and I love how they kept the 2D gameplay. It's a horror trying to play StarCraft maps on WC3.

So Dragoons are replaced with Immortals? And Shuttles are replaced with Prisms? Seems like a lot of new stuff when you really think about it.

Once this comes out, I'm going to make PE2K competition maps. ._.

Charbok
05-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Huh, I swear that ghost was already released... I saw commercials for it and such so i guess i just figured.

Kenny_C.002
05-20-2007, 08:51 PM
The graphics look so much better, and I love how they kept the 2D gameplay. It's a horror trying to play StarCraft maps on WC3.

So Dragoons are replaced with Immortals? And Shuttles are replaced with Prisms? Seems like a lot of new stuff when you really think about it.

Once this comes out, I'm going to make PE2K competition maps. ._.

Well it seems like Dragoons are still there, except now they're from the Dark Templar's side instead of the Aiur side, and are now called "stalkers". I don't know about the shuttles being replaced, though it's likely.

Huh, I swear that ghost was already released... I saw commercials for it and such so i guess i just figured.

Yeah Ghost was canceled.

TheEvilDookie
05-20-2007, 08:58 PM
I was waiting for ghost to come out for years... I think it was just nerds trying to hack and play it before it was ever released

Charbok
05-20-2007, 09:01 PM
Yeah Ghost was canceled.
I dont really care though.

Glad they kept the gist of the dragoon.
Phase prisms are like the arbiters, those were some tight ships.
Can't wait to see the zerg, i kicked some major keester online with those guys.

Jack of Clovers
05-21-2007, 11:06 AM
I don't know about the shuttles being replaced, though it's likely.
The videos I posted, at the beginning, I think those are shuttles bringing the Protoss into the base. I don't see why they wouldn't be part of the next game.

~Jack~

Kenny_C.002
05-21-2007, 07:07 PM
The videos I posted, at the beginning, I think those are shuttles bringing the Protoss into the base. I don't see why they wouldn't be part of the next game.

~Jack~
It is kinda strange to have two units that are functionally equivalent with the exception that the prisms do a bit more, that's all.

Charbok
05-21-2007, 08:40 PM
It is kinda strange to have two units that are functionally equivalent with the exception that the prisms do a bit more, that's all.

Shuttles can carry units, where as the Prisms probably do the same as the Arbiters in the first game, ie: teleporting units.

Jet
05-22-2007, 06:27 AM
really? seems like its a shuttle and a pylon in one... see the description: imprints the units, then unleashes them on an area... or something like that (see official site) =/

Kenny_C.002
05-22-2007, 02:48 PM
really? seems like its a shuttle and a pylon in one... see the description: imprints the units, then unleashes them on an area... or something like that (see official site) =/
Exactly the point. It's a shuttle as well as a pylon, which means it is functionally equivalent to a shuttle, with the pylon function added onto it.

George Jefferson
05-22-2007, 07:54 PM

I just hope the Zerg Rush tactic still works in SC2.

Kenny_C.002
06-01-2007, 03:34 AM
But no fourth race?

No fourth race. We talked a lot about it. We ultimately decided we wanted to focus on the three races we had.

It's official. No fourth race. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18925251/page/3/)

Neo Emolga
06-01-2007, 03:56 AM
I still remember those millions of player-made turret defense maps. Ah, the memories.

Kenny_C.002
06-01-2007, 04:47 AM
I still remember those millions of player-made turret defense maps. Ah, the memories.
lol I played quite a few of them too. :3 They're still playing them, IIRC.

Oh, and release date...I'm banking 2 year's time. XD Later 2008 is my guess. It's confirmed to NOT be in 2007, though.

Jet
06-01-2007, 12:12 PM
I can't find the Dark Archon Madness map =/ such a fun map...

a real shame there's no new races... but more likely there will be special customizations like in Warcraft III... so no biggie =P

Jack of Clovers
06-03-2007, 06:00 AM

Oh man, those were fun. Starship Troopers and Normandy were my favorite User Settings maps. I never was able to beat them, mainly because everyone else had terrible strategies.

~Jack~

Cybernetic Ghost
06-03-2007, 09:55 AM

They arnt adding new races I think because they want to keep it classic and balanced. I think its running off the WC3 Engine, which isnt half bad, but its behind by todays standereds. Anyways, sure to be quiet a few new units and buildings. Cant wait.

karmachameleon
06-04-2007, 02:34 AM
:surp::surp::surp::surp::surp::surp: YES!!!!!!! I can't wait. I remeber playing online I always used terran and protoss. Didn't really like zerg that much.

Cybernetic Ghost
06-04-2007, 09:34 AM
:surp::surp::surp::surp::surp::surp: YES!!!!!!! I can't wait. I remeber playing online I always used terran and protoss. Didn't really like zerg that much.

They didnt like you either <.<.

No but seriously, Zergling rush was fun as hell.