PDA

View Full Version : URPG League

Sixto
05-20-2007, 05:00 PM
First off, please let me know if this is in the wrong section. :oops: Or, a mod can move it to the appropiate forum.

URPG League

When I first re-joined the URPG, I was looking at people's individual stats out of curiosity to see who had the best battling record. There were too many stats to go through, so I started thinking of ways to list them, then I thought of something better which lead to this idea. If this has already been talked about, please let me know.

How will it work?
There will be a series of Tournaments held. You will be able to locate these tournaments according to the title beginning with "URPGL." When you participate in these tournaments, you will get ranking points. Ranking points are explained later on. The person with the highest points will be shown in the rankings revealing where you place amongst the best trainers in the URPG.

What do I need to join?
- Must be a member of the URPG.
- Must have at LEAST 6 Pokémon.
- Must have AIM

Ranking Points
For every round you win, you get 10 ranking points. If you lose in a particular round, you only get 5 ranking points. So say you reach the third round but lose there, you would walk away with 25 ranking points. If you were to win the third round, you would move to the next round with 30 ranking points already. If you lose in the first round, you get 5 ranking points.

The number of Pokémon you use increases per round. For example; in the first round, you would use one Pokémon for a 1vs.1 battle. In the second round, you would use 2 Pokémon for a 2vs.2 battle. In the third round, you would use 3 Pokémon for a 3.vs3 battle and so on and so forth.

Rankings will be determined after a tournament is done and a winner is decided.

Ranking will be reset at the beginning of the year for fairness of new people joining.

Wages
To follow the battling rules, just like winning a battle, you get $1000 per battle won, if you lose, you get $500. The winner will win the title along with and additional $1000 for winning the title (if permitted). The winner will also get a sprite trophy of the particular tournament to add to your Stats.

Battling Styles
R/S/E battling style will be used for the first rounds. Colosseum will be used for the Final of a tournament.

Hopefully, we will be able to hold 2 tournaments per month and a final tournament at the end of the year. So probably a total of 23 tournaments.

For this project, 3 threads will be needed:

1-To explain how the URPG League works
2-URPG League Rankings - will be updated after each tournament.
3-For the particular Tournament going on. To be titled: "URPGL: [Name of Tournament Here] Will be used to keep track of battle logs.

Staff
Assistan Organizer
Spriter (for Trophies)
Refs (Do not need to sign up, but DO have to know how URPG League works)

Signing Up For a Tournament
To participate for a tournament, you must sign up for that particular tournament before the deadline. You will use only your official URPG league Pokémon team. Any TMs bought must be submitted before the deadline. I will check the "Last Updated" at the bottom of your post to see if you did otherwise. When you sign up for a tournament, you will be accepted. You will also be given a number. When signing up ends, I will use random.org to roll number to decide who will battle whom. We will set a specific time so the two oponents and a ref to be online.

Please let me know what you think about this idea. If you have any questions regarding how something would work in a particular instance, please ask. This is only an idea that I would love to see happen.

:happy:

Gold Rush
05-20-2007, 05:05 PM
I wan't to join please I have the qualifications

All-Star
05-20-2007, 05:07 PM
I didn't mind it until I heard the thing about how you start off with 1 VS 1 in RSE.

Otherwise, it seems like it's a great idea.

Ataro
05-20-2007, 05:23 PM
DP mons can be used, I assume?

Can't we have like 1 vs 1 for the first round like in the Hoenn Qualification Round in the anime, and 2 vs 2(s) after that, then going on to the 6vs 6 or 3 vs 3 Victory Tourney, because 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, so on and so fourth, wouldn't 4 vs 4 to 6 vs 6 be very hard to stay active and take too much time?

My longest 1 vs 1 battle on AIM took over 1 hour already, I can't think what will happen to my 6 vs 6.

Loyal Arcanine
05-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Won't work. Scott's league didn't work either, so I don't see why this would.

FireflyK
05-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Plenty of things fail the first time. If enough people volunteer to help, get organized, and get active people to join, it could work.

I agree on the 1v1 thing, though.. Type advantage would win. =X I think 2v2 for the first and second match would be a good idea. And to keep it active, unless it's over AIM, long battles (4v4 and such) might not be a wise idea...

Echo
05-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Plenty of things fail the first time. If enough people volunteer to help, get organized, and get active people to join, it could work.

Plenty of URPG tournaments fail because the active volunteers quit being active and forget to do their work.

FireflyK
05-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Then don't choose the people who are always unreliable as volunteers. Or, if they stop working, kick 'em out and get new ones who are active.

ball
05-20-2007, 06:04 PM
The idea is good, but 1vs1 or 2vs2 deciding your rating? They depend too mutch on luck, one dice can change the result of these. If the first round would be a 3vs3 it would work out though.

Ataro
05-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Just find a active enough person for the Assistant, I believe FFK is active and free enough, since MODS are already very busy, maybe some really active people.

Dr Scott
05-20-2007, 10:24 PM
My problem was that I assumed that, like War, people would just go out and fight. And then, when no one battles, I just kind of died with it.

If I were to do it again, I would have had set matches and the like, which I was planning on doing later on anyways.

Just some little hints.

And I apologize for letting it die down (I feel I need to? :P) but school murdered me out of nowhere.

Ataro
05-20-2007, 10:33 PM
The War team is hard to manage because it requires too much of a communication, while this is a 1 vs 1 as in trainer battle.

Pichufan4
05-20-2007, 11:31 PM
this seems like fun... and a good way to train the pokemon! ill join!

Leman
05-20-2007, 11:53 PM
Well, I like the idea, but there is one small problem. I think that we need to use D/P rules, instead on R/S/E.

Rpgraccoon
05-21-2007, 12:24 AM
Well, I like the idea, but there is one small problem. I think that we need to use D/P rules, instead on R/S/E.

I second that. I prefer D/P myself.

Sixto
05-21-2007, 12:24 AM
I wrote this when D/P hadn't come out yet, but yeah, D/P is preferable.

And also, thanx for all the tips everyone. Lowering down to maybe 3vs3 is good.

.AzureLight
05-21-2007, 09:20 PM
Lol, finally a chance to prove to people that my record isn't (all) OHKO battles. :crackup:

Subside
05-21-2007, 09:35 PM
I duno, it doesn't seem like the best way to judge how good of a battler someone is as the dice could play a big part in the outcome.

And of course everyone already knows who the best battlers are.

Lucavi
05-22-2007, 03:15 AM
I like the idea quite a lot and would gladly participate on it

~Falcon~
05-24-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm up for it, Also I'd be happy to make the trophies if you would allow me to, im ok a spriting ;]

EmBreon
05-25-2007, 06:04 AM
Yea, I'd join this. Somebody's gotta be the loser ay?

Shady
05-27-2007, 01:11 AM
Sounds like a great idea, Mario.

Hope it all goes well. xD

Diesel 34
05-27-2007, 01:25 AM
No offense, but don't you think you should make it for people who don't have aim too.

Sixto
05-27-2007, 01:54 AM
No offense, but don't you think you should make it for people who don't have aim too.
Forum battles take too long, so I don't know if the oponents or the ref will have enough patience. If there is demand, then maybe.

Diesel 34
05-27-2007, 01:57 AM
Just mentioning because I'd really like to compete, but my parents won't let me download AIM.

Sixto
05-27-2007, 02:12 AM
Just mentioning because I'd really like to compete, but my parents won't let me download AIM.
Yeah, like I said, if enough people request it, I don't see why it wouldn't be implemented.

Diesel 34
05-27-2007, 02:17 AM
All right.Anyway hope all goes well.

Rpgraccoon
06-06-2007, 01:58 AM
All right.Anyway hope all goes well.

There is always aim express. No download needed to run it.

Ataro
06-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Just a note or whatsoever.

Is this league never going to be confirmed?

SiberianTiger
06-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Just a note or whatsoever.

Is this league never going to be confirmed?

Seeing as how nothing has been said here. I'd say it is probably pending.

~Isaiah

cjoey97
06-10-2007, 05:22 AM
Seeing as how nothing has been said here. I'd say it is probably pending.

~Isaiah

yep, but i can't wait till it's approved!:biggrin: