PDA

View Full Version : From ARed to Legit in one Day?!

WifiFX
05-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Ok....As you all, who have beaten the game know.....When you trade over pokemon, the only evidence that you can tell if its real is by the OT, and The Region....no not the route, you can't see the routes on D/P..So what if someone caught a Ho-oh on emerald....in victory route, raised it to level 70 or higher, than imported it to D/P...all it will say is..Anthony for the OT (in my case) and caught in hoenn....It could've been navel rock, or not....so basicly it went from a whole fake, to being legit.....That's not rite in my oppinion, because I get mews from other trainers....That look real....Caught at the right place and what not....but the OT was AAAAAAAA, and stuff.....

~WifiFX

Dauragon
05-20-2007, 06:11 PM
Ok....As you all, who have beaten the game know.....When you trade over pokemon, the only evidence that you can tell if its real is by the OT, and The Region....no not the route, you can't see the routes on D/P..So what if someone caught a Ho-oh on emerald....in victory route, raised it to level 70 or higher, than imported it to D/P...all it will say is..Anthony for the OT (in my case) and caught in hoenn....It could've been navel rock, or not....so basicly it went from a whole fake, to being legit.....That's not rite in my oppinion, because I get mews from other trainers....That look real....Caught at the right place and what not....but the OT was AAAAAAAA, and stuff.....

~WifiFX
I agree, I think this happens more often than not.

WifiFX
05-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Yeah, and I'm getting ticked from it.

~WifiFX

Atrayue
05-20-2007, 06:17 PM
So basically there is no way to tell if you are getting a legit legendary if it has been imported from another generation?

Dauragon
05-20-2007, 06:18 PM
So basically there is no way to tell if you are getting a legit legendary if it has been imported from another generation?
yup

The Jr Trainer
05-20-2007, 06:19 PM
yea it is wierd not legit to legit not cool

WifiFX
05-20-2007, 06:26 PM
yup, I'm sooo glad wifiFX helped me cuz I was forgetting to follow the 4 word rule.

Your welcome!

yea it is wierd not legit to legit not cool

What now?

Lucavi
05-20-2007, 06:36 PM
you may consider this wrong, but really, it's just unavoidable. Wifi has several limitiations as far as cheat detection is concerned, so there's nothing you can do about it

Krypto
05-20-2007, 06:47 PM
you may consider this wrong, but really, it's just unavoidable. Wifi has several limitiations as far as cheat detection is concerned, so there's nothing you can do about ut
and what i did once was use the code for faraway island, i warped there, saved put in code for mew battle, pressed L+R, battled mews caught them and it said i caught them all on faraway island so they are all real. the only gameshark codes i needed were warp to faraway island, easy catch, and battle mew. I traded these away on GTS and got legits

Teo
05-20-2007, 06:56 PM
Well its hard to tell when you capture them in game, such as emerald. Though, when you recieve them from an event or bonus disc. The trainer name is either going to be MSTRY. Like with the Mew you get from Toys R Us, From what I noticed with a Legit Lugia it would be from a Distant Land. As for Jirachi Its original trainer would be WISHMKR And its always good to check the pokemon before you trade it. xD! I won't dare use the GTS to obtain Legendary pokes. Chances are they are ARed or Gamesharked.

Cybernetic Ghost
05-20-2007, 07:24 PM
Its REALLY unlikely that anything bad will happen as a result of hacked pokemon(unless they hacked their base stats/abilitys/moveset ect). So it really dosnt matter anyways. Most hackers are fairly generous from personal experience. I mean, its not like they need anything since they can hack it, so they usally give good deals. I know there is RUMORS of hacked pokemon messing up other peoples games, but im pretty sure its just that. Rumors.