PDA

View Full Version : Power thingies...

mistdragon
05-21-2007, 05:13 AM
Alright... if I am not wrong, there's something called Power Weights that, according to descripition, add HP EVs.

The thing is, are there other varieties of that item? Like adding ATK or SPD?

Also, how does it work? Do I get 2x EVs when I fight a corresponding Pokemon; i.e. Having a Power Weight equipped, KO Skuntank and get 4EVs? Or is there an alternate method of calculation?

Lastly... how do I get these Power-items?

Dauragon
05-21-2007, 05:15 AM
Alright... if I am not wrong, there's something called Power Weights that, according to descripition, add HP EVs.

The thing is, are there other varieties of that item? Like adding ATK or SPD?

Also, how does it work? Do I get 2x EVs when I fight a corresponding Pokemon; i.e. Having a Power Weight equipped, KO Skuntank and get 4EVs? Or is there an alternate method of calculation?

Lastly... how do I get these Power-items?
Shouldn't you post this in the sticky for Q/A?

T r I p L e x
05-21-2007, 05:18 AM
no its fine here but this is a good question because that would help a lot with EV training. but i dunno

Hypocrisy is Fun
05-21-2007, 05:18 AM
Answer the question, THEN correct mistakes, you're just spamming when you do that.

Yes, there are varieties of the item, they are 36BP or 48BP at the Battle Tower.

I'm not sure exactly, but I was told they double the amount received.

You need to win 7 battles strait in the tower for BP, and you can get there by beating the E4.

Cybernetic Ghost
05-21-2007, 05:26 AM
Answer the question, THEN correct mistakes, you're just spamming when you do that.

Yes, there are varieties of the item, they are 36BP or 48BP at the Battle Tower.

I'm not sure exactly, but I was told they double the amount received.

You need to win 7 battles strait in the tower for BP, and you can get there by beating the E4.

They're 16 BP each.

Theres one for each stat. They each add 4 EVs to the stat each battle. The EVs go like this

(Base EV From Pokemon+Item) * 2 If pokerus on the pokemon.

So, if you fought a bidoof with a power bracer(adds 4 to attack), you'd get 1 HP EV, 4 Attack.

If you fought Bibearl(2 Atk EVs) with a bracer, you'd get 6 Atk EVs.

mistdragon
05-21-2007, 05:28 AM
Sorry guys, I didn't know it was wrong >_< I thought Q&As are like, ask one question. I got a few, as you see.

Thanks ShadowLink, but I heard from someone else that it works this way;
If you attach a Power Weight, you will gain 4EVs of HP -EVERYTIME- you KO a Pokemon. Meaning even if you KO Starly, you get 1 Speed and 4 HP EVs. Is this true? Because it -SEEMS- too good to be true lol.

Can anyone confirm? >_<

EDIT: There, what Cybernetic said. Lol... that's why I am so confused.

Hypocrisy is Fun
05-21-2007, 05:46 AM
Well, my information was totally wrong. :P

All I can say I really know is that getting BP is very time consuming.:tongue:

Cybernetic Ghost
05-21-2007, 05:48 AM
Meaning even if you KO Starly, you get 1 Speed and 4 HP EVs. Is this true? Because it -SEEMS- too good to be true lol.

Can anyone confirm? >_<

Yeah, thats right. Makes them the best way to train EVs pretty much <.<

All I can say I really know is that getting BP is very time consuming

Im guessing after you EV train one or two good pokemon, it gets alot faster.

Light Manaphy
05-21-2007, 05:51 AM
it takes a while to get EV's up. If your pokemon has pokerus and is holding the Macho Brace, that time should shorten so EV's go up faster.

off topic: Uni traded me a bagon egg with pokerus and infected my entire team :).