PDA

View Full Version : Pokerus

Lord Voldemort
05-21-2007, 09:51 PM
No, this is not the usual "What's Pokrus" that people are used to.
My question is, how do we spread Pokrus in Diamond/Pearl? Is it the same method as RSE or what?
Sorry if this is covered in the EV guide, but that only said what it does to the best of my knowledge.
EDIT: I also have another question. Where can we find the item "Dubious Disk"? I want a Porygon Z.

Chinchilla
05-21-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm pretty sure you just carry the Pokemon infected in your party.

Lord Voldemort
05-21-2007, 09:55 PM
I'm pretty sure you just carry the Pokemon infected in your party.
So it'll spread to other Pokemon is I have it in my Party? Also, how long do I have it until it disappears?

Chinchilla
05-21-2007, 09:56 PM
I believe so. It lasts just a few days, then the Pokemon who have it become immune to it.

magentaman
05-21-2007, 09:58 PM
i think it spreads faster if you battle with that pokemon in your party

Lusitania
05-21-2007, 10:00 PM
And Prof. Oak gives you the Dubious Disk when he's in Eterna.(The buiding at the VERY bottom left.

Slice
05-21-2007, 10:04 PM
For Pokerus to spread you have to battle, then after each battle your pokemon have a 1 in 3 chance(something like that) of getting pokerus if they are beside the infected pokemon. It doesnt last very long. My pokemon had it yesterday and are immune to it now, unless they go in the box, then it doesnt go away.

Deoxys Ribonuke
05-21-2007, 10:20 PM
I see; I have a question as well...

I know that the smilie face means it's immune, but does also mean either:

A) The extra EV gain has ended

or

B) The once-infected Pokemon permanently has the EV gain, but just can't catch Pokerus again?

The former would seem to make more sense to me, but I'm not quite certain...

magentaman
05-21-2007, 10:22 PM
option b is the right one, the ev rise is permanent, otherwise some people would stop benefitting before they even realised they had it

Deoxys Ribonuke
05-21-2007, 10:46 PM
option b is the right one, the ev rise is permanent, otherwise some people would stop benefitting before they even realised they had it

Wow, really? O_o *infects Gallade*

So, it PERMANENTLY DOUBLES your EV gain, right?

Say, you fought a Gengar, which would normally give you 3 EVs in SpATK ..after being infected and after being cured, you'd gain 6 in SpATK? 8D

Salamence
05-21-2007, 11:12 PM
I think I found a Dubious Disk somewhere in the wild.
Victory Road, I think.