PDA

View Full Version : Lost Heart

Barret
09-26-2004, 11:23 PM
OOC: I decided to try to make my own fan fic. Here it is. I know this first chapter isn't long, and that I won't be able to post everyday, but bear with me.

IC:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/SapphireTiger/buttons/Lostheart.jpg

Chapter 1 The Memory
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/SapphireTiger/THememory.jpg

“Honey, are you coming down for supper?” a voice yelled from down the stairs.

“Maybe…maybe…later…” a girl’s voice shot back down. There was a knock on the door.

The girl’s mom opened the door a little bit. “Can I come in?”

The girl had her back to her mother, she was sitting on her bed looking outside through a window. It was raining. “Sure…” she said, not even glancing behind her.

The mother walked in. “Is everything okay?” Her mother looked worried, but the girl couldn’t tell.

“Yes, I’m just…thinking.”

“Okay, I’ll put your plate in the fridge.” The mother turned around and walked out, closing the door quietly behind her.

The girl turned around as the door closed. She looked like she was going to burst out. She looked disappointed but not surprised. Her brown eyes looked at the ground and her dark brown hair fell to her shoulders. She fell backwards her head landing on the pillow. She closed her eyes and began to think.

‘Dad…where are you? It’s been 9 years…I waited 3 years to go on my journey…waiting…waiting…for you…’

She opened her eyes and stared at the ceiling. She was looking at it, but she wasn’t really seeing it. She was thinking about a memory.

‘“A huge storm is coming, we’d better get home,” her father said. She was 4 and they were on a boat, dark clouds were above them and a raging sea below them.

Her father rowed and rowed, but they didn’t reach the shore on time. Like a giant invisible wall, the huge storm came. Her father told her to go under the wooden seat. She didn’t hesitate and ran to the other side of the boat and crawled under the seat. She closed her eyes and the storm tore through. Somehow, she had fallen asleep.

When she awoke, she was on the shore, the row boat nest to her. She stood up and searched, but couldn’t find her father. “Dad!!!!” she yelled into the open sea. Then she noticed something…the raft was gone. Everyday she went back to that exact spot and waited. After 2 years, she stopped going back. Her mother had the police search. He was never found. They figured he must have drowned, but she knew. He was still alive. He had to be.’

She fell asleep.

Barret
10-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Chapter 2 The Dream http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/WaterMasterBarret/THEDREAM.bmp

She was 4 again. She was running forward, chasing something, a figure. The figure was her dad. Her dad was smiling, holding out his hand for her to grab it. She was racing forward, hand outstretched, but for every step forward she took, he slid backwards.

‘Melissa… Melissa…’ he said. She closed her eyes, sweat pouring down her face, tears dropping down her cheeks. “Melissa! Melissa!” This time, it was a different voice, and it wasn’t coming from her father.

Melissa was squirming around in her bed, moving from side to side. “DAD!” she yelled out sitting up. She opened her eyes. Her mother was by her bed, kneeling. She was holding a wet washcloth.

Melissa looked at her mother, then burst out crying. “Shh…shh…it’s alright…” her mother whispered. Melissa stopped crying and looked at her alarm. It was 12:00. “It’s late, why don’t you go back to sleep?” Melissa laid back down and closed her eyes. “There, now sleep well…” He mother stood up and smiled. Melissa smiled back. Her mother left as Melissa fell asleep.