PDA

View Full Version : A question about Pokerus

Teo
05-22-2007, 06:17 AM
A while back a pokemon I caught in the wild had Pokerus, I already know what it does and all and how to use it. What I'm wondering is after pokerus goes away, do the affects still apply when its gone? As in it will still gain double the EV's.

I'm also wondering how long does it actually last?

TheEvilShyGuy
05-22-2007, 06:23 AM
Sadly, it only lasts as long as the virus does.:sad: So get in as much training as you can, because it only lasts a few days, so when it's gone, it's gone!:eek:

Teo
05-22-2007, 06:29 AM
Lol, alright. It shouldn't take me more than half a day anyways. xD! Just wanted to know the estimate of days it last while the pokemon is in your party.

Thanks for the info!

This thread can be locked now.

GuardianOfThunder
05-22-2007, 06:43 AM
Umm, actually several places that I've seen has said that the EV boost is permanent, it just can't pass it on anymore. If anyone can site a reliable site either way(no blogs, forum posts, ect.), that would be cool.

spr bhav
05-22-2007, 06:52 AM
Umm, actually several places that I've seen has said that the EV boost is permanent, it just can't pass it on anymore. If anyone can site a reliable site either way(no blogs, forum posts, ect.), that would be cool.
Yh. same here. I want to know badly..

TheEvilShyGuy
05-22-2007, 07:20 AM
Well, I'm pretty sure the boosted EV gain ends when you lose the pokerus, but now that you mentioned it, I don't really know for sure. I'd check elsewhere online or just wait for someone here who knows to confirm... though I still doubt it lasts.

Pokemon Trainer Sarah
05-22-2007, 08:24 AM
I believe that once a Pokemon has had Pokerus, the effects will stay with it forever, but it won't be able to spread the virus anymore once the Pokerus status goes away.

magentaman
05-22-2007, 01:14 PM
the effects are permanent, check bulbapedia's pokerus page and it says so

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokerus

"After a Pokémon's immune system fights off the virus, it will still be able to gain double Effort Values permanently. However, it will not be able to infect other Pokémon with the beneficial enhancement at that stage. "

TheEvilShyGuy
05-22-2007, 02:23 PM
:eek: O RLY? lol... Man, did not know that... That's freakin' sweet!... too bad I've never had a pokemon catch it.:sad: Oh well.

Salamence
05-22-2007, 04:05 PM
Yah, thats really helpful. :)
-Goes off to get pokerus-

pokeman
05-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Well serebii has got some info about pokerus, u should check it out ( serebii.net )

spr bhav
05-22-2007, 04:09 PM
My PKRS'ed Corsola, spread PKRS to all my team over night while it was off.. it was cool XD