PDA

View Full Version : 5th Generation

ArceusGod
05-22-2007, 08:49 PM
could they make a 5th Generation:rolleyes:

Pokemaniac28
05-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Obviously they will in a couple of years. Its one of the most selling games for ds.

Erureido
05-22-2007, 08:55 PM
i think so but i think they should stop the pkmn count in 550, cuz it's TOO much

Salamence
05-22-2007, 08:57 PM
As long as they are making money, they most likely will.

i think so but i think they should stop the pkmn count in 550, cuz it's TOO much
That is a lot of Pokemon. There will probably be 5550 by the time the last version is out, though.

Dauragon
05-22-2007, 09:01 PM
I think they're gonna make pokemon into a mmorpg.

spartan117
05-22-2007, 09:03 PM
i doubt it. I think they should just make 6 more pokemon to make the count up to 500 and then stop. As much as I like pokemon I think they should stop at the 500th pokemon because its too much already.

The Jr Trainer
05-22-2007, 09:05 PM
i doubt it. I think they should just make 6 more pokemon to make the count up to 500 and then stop. As much as I like pokemon I think they should stop at the 500th pokemon because its too much already.

yea they should make a new game with all the regions and add in 6 new ones. 3 could be starters... and 3 could be really rare or Leganderies. that would be awesome.

Who
05-22-2007, 09:06 PM
They will, because whenever there is money still being made, there will be more games.

spartan117
05-22-2007, 09:11 PM
yea they should make a new game with all the regions and add in 6 new ones. 3 could be starters... and 3 could be really rare or Leganderies. that would be awesome.
Yes thats is a really good idea. That would also make so much sense. And it would be uhh.... Pokemon Platium Version. Maybe the 3rd to D/P and it would like come out in 2010 or something and feature new 6 pokemon and ALL the regions.

Oh how I wish i could give suggestions to nintendo or work for it.

Salamence
05-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Yes thats is a really good idea. That would also make so much sense. And it would be uhh.... Pokemon Platium Version. Maybe the 3rd to D/P and it would like come out in 2010 or something and feature new 6 pokemon and ALL the regions.

It would take the fun out of having to transfer pokemon from other games though.

It'd be to easy to get all of the pokemon.

DaRKrai_10
05-22-2007, 09:15 PM

i know right i wish they could ask us what we want in our games!!!!!!

spartan117
05-22-2007, 09:44 PM
It would take the fun out of having to transfer pokemon from other games though.

It'd be to easy to get all of the pokemon.
No you would be able to transfer pokemon from the 3rd gen and from D/P so some of them would be unavailable in the game and you would have to transfer them. Most pokemon would be available though.

i know right i wish they could ask us what we want in our games!!!!!!

ya they should ask what the fans want not them.........they would also probably make a lot more money too....>_>.......

Haelleah
05-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Being able to go to every region would ROCK. I miss Johto.

Oh, and how about this--you could pick which region you start from, and customize your character. Everyone's storyline would be somewhat different.

spartan117
05-22-2007, 10:09 PM

Oh, and how about this--you could pick which region you start from, and customize your character. Everyone's storyline would be somewhat different.
Thats also a good idea. At first I though thats stupid but now that I though about it it would be really cool. Oh and you would also be able to choose the character you want- r/s/e; fr/lg; d/p characters.

spartan117
05-22-2007, 10:10 PM

Thats also a good idea. At first I though thats stupid but now that I though about it it would be really cool. Oh and you would also be able to choose the character you want- r/s/e; fr/lg; d/p characters.

Eeveedude
05-22-2007, 10:23 PM

I bet secretly they do ask people.
And everyone they are going to make the mystery dungeon sequel and then most likely a gold & silver remake, then a third d/p theeeen theyl think about making a 5th gen.
At least thats what I think.

diamond_fan1
05-22-2007, 10:25 PM
I think they should because people will get more excited if there's new pokemon.

mjb4991
05-22-2007, 11:04 PM
I think they should make a remake of Gold/Silver/Crystal before a fifth generation. Those games in my opinion were the best!

KantoKid
05-22-2007, 11:19 PM
I think a GSC Remake is very likely, as it's hard to get a lot of GSC pokemon in DP, because you need Emerald for most of them. Also, they can host events for Celebii, which will be useful, since almost no one has a Celebii in DP.

There seems to be a remake between every new generation, like Yellow in between RB and GS, and FR/LG in between RS and DP.

As for the 5th generation, I'd like to see 100 or so new Pokemon + 100 old, and only that. No more ability to get every single Pokemon, just the 200 given.

spartan117
05-22-2007, 11:30 PM
I think a GSC Remake is very likely, as it's hard to get a lot of GSC pokemon in DP, because you need Emerald for most of them. Also, they can host events for Celebii, which will be useful, since almost no one has a Celebii in DP.

There seems to be a remake between every new generation, like Yellow in between RB and GS, and FR/LG in between RS and DP.

As for the 5th generation, I'd like to see 100 or so new Pokemon + 100 old, and only that. No more ability to get every single Pokemon, just the 200 given.
Speak for your self about Celebi. I got one and its level 70 (altough its hacked hehe)

Besides its too late for a remake. they already hit the DS point and it would be stupid to make it for DS while all the other remakes are GBA. They should just stick with the All region game.

sir_Aaron
05-22-2007, 11:44 PM
I bet secretly they do ask people.
And everyone they are most likely going to make the mystery dungeon sequel then a gold & silver remake, then a third d/p theeeen theyl think about making a 5th gen.
At least thats what I think.

There is a Mystery dungeon sequal! its on PkmnElite2000 news. Its under the Diamond and pearl news

finallegacy
05-22-2007, 11:46 PM
I personally think they would, because pokemon is a pretty good cash cow. I don't think they would stop making pokemon simply because there are a lot of pokemon. If they did stop, that is a lot of potential profits that they're losing, not to mention they would probably be urged by millions for them to keep going.

If they do, I wonder what they would name the different versions.

the_wolf
05-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Meh, I think it's a little early to start discussing pokemon future plans. I mean they now have that Mystery Dungeon sequal coming out and we all know they're going to bring out the D/P new installment in a few years. D/P just came out so why should we look to the future when we can rave about the current happenings.

People were excited about D/P for months and now you want a new generation already?

Anyway, it's pretty obvious there could be another generation, look at the sucess of D/P.:happy:

spartan117
05-22-2007, 11:53 PM
There is a Mystery dungeon sequal! its on PkmnElite2000 news. Its under the Diamond and pearl news
And your point is??? Please stick to the topic.

Anyways they are running out of ideas. Why do you think they made so much evos/prevos? I dont think they will keep going for a long time. Altough i beleive they might make a 5th gen but Im not sure.

DarkSasuke
05-23-2007, 12:11 AM
i think if they did make a new gen. it would be cool.. like they would have a motorcycle..:goofy: :crackup: THAT would be awesome.. and have ALL OF THE E4.. wow.:eek: :eek: jeez.. that would be amazing.. but obviously higher levels as you progressed.. and all of the gyms.. oh.. man.. my mouth is watering...:tongue: :tongue:

BrassIttoTower
05-23-2007, 12:34 AM
Ya know, I HATE it when people say "Oh, they made pre-evos, so thetre ike totally running out of ideas! Let US make the games already!!' Honestly, did any of you guys say this when G/.s/Xc came out? And looked what happened, the next gen came out with completely new poekemon , and then people wanted more evos/pre evos and now your complaining. IN NO WAY does a pre evo or evo make a pokemon unoriginal. Chinling, Budew, Abipom, Weavile, Mime Jr., and Bonsly are incredibly original, and pre evos or evos of a pokemon.

1.Fans did not make the game when it came out, and fans making it nbow would make it horrible.

2. The DS memory card can only have that much memory, and in no way possible could people travel to every region, have customizable avtars, be able to inmport there pokemon AND have a single sprite for every single pokemon including new ones and tile space for every route and city. UInless the ultimo console comes out, it won't.

And eriously, the whole making it stop at five hundred thing is ridicullous since pokemon is crazily popular in japan, and since thats what the game is originally intended for, we will keep seeing it until the popularityu dies down, which I don't see happening for a while.

cute_entei
05-23-2007, 01:35 AM
I doubt that they'll stop making new pokemon...at least, if they do it'll be a long time off. New pokemon make the new games more exciting and stuff! If there were just the same old pokemon in all-new games, that'd take away a lot of the excitement that the new games bring. Plus, i think that the more pokemon there are, the more of a challenge it is. ^^ I would really like to see a G/S/C remake though! Or at least a crystal remake. With the DS's amazing graphics...that'd be awesome! Crystal was my fave pokemon game ever, and it'd be so much better if they just updated it! :razz:

pernumba
05-23-2007, 01:42 AM
that'd be a beastly idea i think they should always keep making new pokemon and always add new guys and new regions until they have all the japanese regions in games of there own, there definetly gunna have a 5th gen. and theres gunna be 500+ very soon prolly in 3 years or so, there probbaly gunna also do a remake of G/S/C

Light Manaphy
05-23-2007, 01:53 AM
I think they will make fifth gen.

Did Lance Armstrong stop racing in the Tour de France before he won his 6th? Did Beethoven stop before he wrote the fourth? Pokemon is a really good ongoing thing and it's Nintendo's 2nd most successful company. Hell, it's the 2nd most successful company out of all video game franchises. If they stop, it would mean stoping the world for most people. Especially me.

Daneb
05-23-2007, 03:09 AM
I think they're gonna make pokemon into a mmorpg.

That would be hardcore. It actually makes more sense, given time =/

ILegendz
05-23-2007, 12:27 PM

Thats a cool idea. And it could be like anime where you pick which region you want to start in, then you beat all the gyms and E4 in that region. Then when you are about to go to another region, you give you Pokes to Profesor Oak and start a new team in the new region, just like anime. :crackup:

But it could get repeatative . . :rolleyes:

Zan Sabrefang
05-23-2007, 02:21 PM
You guys should check out Magespages Deviantart account. He's got some fantastic ideas for a 5th Gen (Especially Mastermime).

I heard rumour that even Yoshi is said to be a Pokémon. It wouldn't surprise me in the least, even though I highly doubt it.

They started with 150... You can't tell me that by that standard you don't find 494 a little OTT if you think more than 500 is. The games are far too popular and will continue to be for a long time to come. It's already outlasted crap like Yugioh and (Although I thought it was good) Digimon.