PDA

View Full Version : What attacks are physical and special?

finallegacy
05-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Does anyone know a link to a list of moves and it tells whether it is special or phsical?

Are they're any special fighting attacks?

Sceptile
05-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Does anyone know a link to a list of moves and it tells whether it is special or phsical?

Are they're any special fighting attacks?

Well think about it, if you are are physically attacking a pokemon (Karate Chop, Tackle, etc.), it's a physical attack. If it doesn't physically attack the pokemon, it's special (Flamethrower, Water Pulse, etc.).
And I'm not really sure, I can't think of a special Fighting type attack right now. :)

Haelleah
05-23-2007, 07:46 PM
Aura Sphere and Focus Blast are Special.

finallegacy
05-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Well think about it, if you are are physically attacking a pokemon (Karate Chop, Tackle, etc.), it's a physical attack. If it doesn't physically attack the pokemon, it's special (Flamethrower, Water Pulse, etc.).
And I'm not really sure, I can't think of a special Fighting type attack right now. :)

Well, i'm having trouble find a list of this online. But that rule is not necessarily true. Earthquake for example, although does not come in contact with the target, is still a physical attack.

Sadly, I did not notice that my infernape has the modest nature until recently, so I hope there are special fighting attacks it can learn

agg08
05-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Isn't Auro Sphere one?

EDIT: Ugh, I'm slow.

Lucavi
05-23-2007, 07:52 PM
The game tells you which one's physical and which one's special. When you select an attack of one of your pokemon, you'll see a symbol: A red star thing (Physical), a black one with 2 white circles (Special), or a gray one (Neither)

Sceptile
05-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Well, i'm having trouble find a list of this online. But that rule is not necessarily true. Earthquake for example, although does not come in contact with the target, is still a physical attack.

Actually, EQ physically punches/stomps on the ground, so...

Also, if you look at the moves power/accuracy, it shows a certain icon. If the icon is redish, it is physical. I stink at explaining things, sorry.

EDIT: Ah, Lucavi beat me! :o

Jammin360
05-23-2007, 07:57 PM
There are also Combination Moves that deal out Special and Physical Damage. For example Flare Blitz, Blaze Kick, Ice Punch, etc.

finallegacy
05-23-2007, 08:00 PM
Also, if you look at the moves power/accuracy, it shows a certain icon. If the icon is redish, it is physical. I stink at explaining things, sorry.

EDIT: Ah, Lucavi beat me! :o

The game tells you which one's physical and which one's special. When you select an attack of one of your pokemon, you'll see a symbol: A red star thing (Physical), a black one with 2 white circles (Special), or a gray one (Neither)

I already know that, but the purpose of this thread is to find a link to show all the attacks, and show out of all of them, which ones are physical, and which are special.

I don't have every move available on my pokemon, so that's why I'm asking for a list containing all the moves, so I know which ones are out there and what I can use later.