PDA

View Full Version : Rapidash with SolarBeam?!

Venusaur456
05-23-2007, 07:46 PM
One day I decided to battle the Elite 4 again. I got up to Flint and he sent out Rapidash. I switched my Empoleon with Giratina and Rapidash started to ABSORB LIGHT! I don't get this. How can a fire pokemon know a grass move?

pokeman
05-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Not sure it can, maybe it's a glitch, or maybe rapidash is the only fire pokemon who can learn a fire move, you can check psypokes.com

Caecity
05-23-2007, 07:54 PM
I think Charizard can learn SolarBeam as well...well fire pokemon can learn the move Sunny Day..so think about it.

Sceptile
05-23-2007, 07:57 PM
And don't forget Entei. Groudon also learns it, even though it's ground.

pokeman
05-23-2007, 07:57 PM
I just checked pe2k's pokedex and it can't, maybe in D/P it can

Brolylssj3
05-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Solarbeam means Sunbeam so i belive that Rapidash can do it because the sun is fire

Blaziken913
05-23-2007, 08:03 PM
i just checked on serebii.net and it says it can learn it in d/p!

pokeman
05-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Are you sure about that, cause....HEY i just remembered once i was in the battle factory in pokemon emerald and i got a rapidash with solorbeam so rapidash can learn solorbeam

Venusaur456
05-23-2007, 08:05 PM
i just checked on serebii.net and it says it can learn it in d/p!
Oh yeah I checked Serebii.net and it says Rapidash learns it by TM. This can be locked now.

Maiku
05-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Solarbeam means Sunbeam so i belive that Rapidash can do it because the sun is fire

Acctually the sun isnt made of fire. The nuclear reactions that constantly happen in it release so much energy and heat that everything is in a gas or plasma state.

But yes Rapidash can learn solar beam in D/P

The Jr Trainer
05-23-2007, 08:11 PM
wow i know this already.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
05-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Besides Solarbeam sucking on Rapidash royally, think about it...

Solar energy derives from the Sun. The Sun is a massive ball of Fire.

So let me ask you this, why can't Fire types learn Solarbeam? (And don't argue with me, I know there's some that can't, but I'm proving a point)

:wink:

Deoxys Ribonuke
05-23-2007, 08:19 PM
Oh for pete's sake! :rolleyes:

I just checked on D/P, and almost every Fire Pokemon there is can learn solarbeam! Talk about cheap... :tongue:

Beech Daly
05-23-2007, 09:36 PM
Makes it interesting now, because a lot of Fire types are always negated by rock or water types. And then, since there is only Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape and Ponyta/Rapidash as the Fire types in the original Sinnoh Pokedex, and with a hoarde of Water, Ground, and Rock types against them, Solarbeam would be a good idea to negate their own weakness against them with an attack they are weak to.

deadlypker
05-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Oh for pete's sake! :rolleyes:

I just checked on D/P, and almost every Fire Pokemon there is can learn solarbeam! Talk about cheap... :tongue:

But most water cans learn ice moves, which gives them the edge on grass types ;) and a lot of grasses learn some rock moves that are good against fire.

And yes, Rapidash can use Solar Beam. Just like Infernape can somehow learn earthquake... Killed my Empoleon one hit with an earthquake :(

Featherdust
05-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Makes it interesting now, because a lot of Fire types are always negated by rock or water types. And then, since there is only Chimchar/Monferno/Infernape and Ponyta/Rapidash as the Fire types in the original Sinnoh Pokedex, and with a hoarde of Water, Ground, and Rock types against them, Solarbeam would be a good idea to negate their own weakness against them with an attack they are weak to.

Ah! Brilliant. It appears that we've gotten an interesting advantage. Now I'm wondering if using a Infernape/Rapidash and a Groudon/Sunny Day Poke wouldn't be that bad of an idea in the BT. *is currently obsessed*

But yeah, the sun is not made of fire. But Solarbeam would make sense, considering the heat from the sun can cause fire, such as in the case of brushfire. I'm such a nerd. :3

Haelleah
05-23-2007, 09:49 PM
But most water cans learn ice moves, which gives them the edge on grass types ;) and a lot of grasses learn some rock moves that are good against fire.

And yes, Rapidash can use Solar Beam. Just like Infernape can somehow learn earthquake... Killed my Empoleon one hit with an earthquake :(
Blaziken can learn EQ as well, unless I'm wrong.

And a Sunbeaming Rapidash is far from sucky. I usually start with my Rapidash, use Sunny Day while the opponent's switching out for their water type, then... well... Miracle Seed + Solarbeam = OHKO.

Sunny Day weakens water type attacks, as well. (Right?)

Ridley
05-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Using Venusaur456's logic...:
How can a fire pokemon know a grass move?

I can say this:

OH MY GOD, BULBASAUR LEARNS TACKLE! HOW?!

Tsunami
05-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Not sure it can, maybe it's a glitch, or maybe rapidash is the only fire pokemon who can learn a fire move, you can check psypokes.com
Rapidash can learn it. Think about it. All it is is using sunlight to make a beam of sunlight infact it should be a fire type attack