PDA

View Full Version : Are Diamond and Pearl long?

pokeman
05-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Is the story mode as long as it looks like,( like in pokemon gold) or just too short like other games? Please if there are spoilers mark them cause I am in the beggining of the game.

WifiFX
05-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Is the story mode as long as it looks like,( like in pokemon gold) or just too short like other games? Please if there are spoilers mark them cause I am in the beggining of the game.

It takes about 34-40 hours to complete story mode (up to the E4) And I have the walkthrough!

Spoilers: (Highlite to read) After the E4, there is the island in the top rite corner of your map...where you'll find heatren, and some hoenn/Jhoto/Kanto pokemon including Raticate lv.50-56, And ferows! You must love to look at spoilers since your reading this...oh, and if you read this, your wierd!

Salamence
05-23-2007, 07:54 PM
The story line is pretty long.
There is whole lot of extra things to do, though, but they have nothing to do with the story line.

pokeman
05-23-2007, 08:02 PM
And when does it start snowing, or is it just by time or certain areas or what?

Jammin360
05-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Yeah, the game's Story Line is about 40 hours long. Although that depends on how much time you use to train your Pokemon, and how much time you spend exploring and looking for rare Pokemon. You could easily spend 100 hours in the game, though.

Venusaur456
05-23-2007, 08:23 PM
And when does it start snowing, or is it just by time or certain areas or what?
It starts snowing in a place before the city with the 7th gym.

Midnight
05-23-2007, 08:33 PM
The storyline is very long. (40+ hrs)
But after you defeat the Pokemon League, there's not much else that you can do. :ermm:

Teo
05-23-2007, 09:03 PM
From what I can tell, the estimate time for the game is 40 hours. Though, you can beat it all the way up to the elite four in roughly 20 hours. So, its not all that long. Just depends on how fast you want to get through the game is all.

pokeman
05-26-2007, 06:58 PM
But what is there to do after the e4? is there anything like battle frontier

The Jr Trainer
05-26-2007, 07:00 PM
But what is there to do after the e4? is there anything like battle frontier

The battle tower which is EXTREMELY BORING :sleepy:

Hypocrisy is Fun
05-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Uh, 40+ hours is really exaggerating it. I got it done in around 20, and after you get the national dex, you can pal park, wifi more, and catch legendaries.

Theres still contests, battle tower, and underground stuff to do also.

Hikozaru8
05-26-2007, 07:07 PM
it took me 15h to beat the e4

Jammin360
05-26-2007, 07:36 PM
The developers should have brought back the Battle Frontier. Either that or unlock another region after you beat the Elite Four.:susp:

SBaby
05-26-2007, 07:42 PM
The story is pretty much the same one that you've seen in all the other Pokemon games. The difference is that the areas are longer, the graphics are slightly better now and there are a few new sidequests. Other than that, it's pretty much the same game as before. Really, if you've played one, you've played them all.

pernumba
05-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Its decently long i thought it would be longer, but its sadly not.:sad:

and 40 hours, i spent 62 hours, But i also had all levels 60+ going into the elite 4, (i tried to spend as long as possible so i wouldnt spoil the new region in too soon)

and after the e4 theres a thing called a pokedex that you can complete!

yeah this is probbally one of the better regions, (hoenn in my opinion is the worst, region and Pokemon)

VictoryBonsai
05-26-2007, 08:45 PM
It starts snowing in the SnowPoint City area, as well as lake Acurity and other places. Same with rain, it rains in certain places, but not really at certain times......

AshMistyMayfan
05-26-2007, 09:19 PM

I say it was for there were so many crossing patterns as in go east, not north, the mountain was blocked, the villains were tough. I say without the problems, I would've been through in under 200 hours. It took me 327 hours, but I mostly planted berries a lot and had to take on trainers constantly for they're worth more then Pokemon.