PDA

View Full Version : grassy patches and poke rader

PriceTarek
05-23-2007, 09:57 PM
ive been looking for a shiny for hours been going in flashing and shaking grasses

Haelleah
05-23-2007, 09:58 PM
You have to defeat forty of the same Pokemon in a row. Or so I've heard.

PriceTarek
05-23-2007, 10:01 PM
thats impossible also that i have heard too and its a cheat or technique not something normal people could do

Razzmatazz
05-23-2007, 10:01 PM
You have to defeat forty of the same Pokemon in a row. Or so I've heard.

There's a bit more sublteties than that. Yes, they say you must streak 40 of the same kind. But, you can't go to one less than 4 spaces from you, or it may end the streak. Going to a square on the edge of the patch may end it too. And even when following all directions, a Bidoof can still pop up and break the streak, forcing you to start over.

And it's not impossible, you just can't screw up or you'll ruin it - chances are you've been screwing up.

:rambo:

Bulbachu
05-23-2007, 10:03 PM
which color means a shiny? gold or white? or what?

Razzmatazz
05-23-2007, 10:05 PM
which color means a shiny? gold or white? or what?

I hear it flashed red or something. If it just shakes, it's going to be a Pokemon native to that route (like Shinx.) If the tip of the grass glows white, that means it's a PokeRadar only Pokemon (like Sentret.)

Dragon_Master
05-23-2007, 11:01 PM
There's a bit more sublteties than that. Yes, they say you must streak 40 of the same kind. But, you can't go to one less than 4 spaces from you, or it may end the streak. Going to a square on the edge of the patch may end it too. And even when following all directions, a Bidoof can still pop up and break the streak, forcing you to start over.

And it's not impossible, you just can't screw up or you'll ruin it - chances are you've been screwing up.

You should use Max repel. I'm still trying, but I've only seen up to 5 pokemon at a time.:susp:

Eeveedude
05-24-2007, 12:35 AM
I hear it flashed red or something. If it just shakes, it's going to be a Pokemon native to that route (like Shinx.) If the tip of the grass glows white, that means it's a PokeRadar only Pokemon (like Sentret.)

really ?! that could be helpful

Ruuki
05-27-2007, 03:47 AM
What area/city do you get the pokeradar? I've been looking for it but I can't seem to find it XD;;;

~Ruuki

P.S. I wuv Riley! (the one who gives you the Riolu egg)

azureFlames
05-27-2007, 03:57 AM
What area/city do you get the pokeradar? I've been looking for it but I can't seem to find it XD;;;

~Ruuki

P.S. I wuv Riley! (the one who gives you the Riolu egg)

Prof. Oak gives it to you in the lab after the national dex.

Deoxys Ribonuke
05-27-2007, 04:10 AM

Wow, thanks! That's really gonna help me in my streak! ^_^

*waits patiently for swarm Pokemon worth getting*

Lucario-clm
05-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Shinies arn't worth my time... I prefer getting Pokemon and training them.

What's better? A level 3 shiny Bidoof, or a level 63 Lucario?

Neptune
05-27-2007, 02:59 PM

Depends on what you want to do with your game. I prefer collecting, so to me, the level 3 shiny Bidoof is better.

TheEvilDookie
05-27-2007, 03:02 PM

Well, it depends cause i traded a low lvl shiny for a lvl 51 moltres