PDA

View Full Version : ALØNE-Sign-Up Thread

RawrIsMyMiddleName
05-23-2007, 10:50 PM
ALØNE
LIFE IS NØT EASY

Plot
In the land of Sinnoh there are beautiful sites to see. There is Sunnyshore’s Lighthouse; there are the three lakes which held one of the three pixies, and of course way more. But on June 15 in the year of 2011, a tsunami hit. There left only a few teenagers. They mysteriously received letters found near their houses and were immeadiatly sent to Kanto. Not much damage was there, but the kids found out they were all by their selves. Only a few teenagers were alive. There was no people who can take care of them, just themselves all separated. But only having their Pokemon to save them from further harm such as all the wild Pokemon to attack them, they would have to survive on them. It depended on how well they controlled their Pokemon and if they defeat the three legendary birds and Mew. If one of them did, they would be back to the year 2011 in their hometown with everyone there. They think it’s an easy challenge… but is it?

Rules
1. No flaming
2. No whining
3. No bunnying
4. No god-modding
5. Don’t leave, if you don’t want to play don’t sign up
6. No Gary-Stus or Mary-Sues
7. Keep it PG-13, if you want to cuss write like: @SS!

Username: Your name on PE2K
Character Name: Your RP character’s name --- Age:
History: The past few years of in Sinnoh, before the tsunami
Personality: Tells if your character is a nice person or mean and other traits of your character
Appearance: How does your character look?
Pokemon: The Pokemon Team of your character

Start the Sign Ups!

vedros
05-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Name:Amos Proud
History:For the past two months,he has been backpacking with some older friends around Sinnoh.Before that,he lived with his brother.Amos pretends that he doesn't know that him and his brother actually were kicked out of there house.His parents died when he was very small,and he has no memories of them.
Personality:Amos is very friendly and outgoing,but is actually not very trusting of anyone.He is selfless and quite often puts strangers above himself.His low self-esteem is unjustified.He has never been to school,and gets all his knowledge from books.Through this,he has become very intelligent,and he also speaks other languages.His worst fear is being attacked by a Pokemon.
Appearance:His jet-black hair goes almost to his shoulders,and usually covers his face.He usually wears a beanie to keep it at bay,and wears a T-shirt and jeans.His desert camo pattern backpack contains all his possesions.His skin is tanned from the hours spent in the sun.
Pokemon:1)Sziper~Male[zie-per](Meditite)Sziper is quirky and energetic,and when caught,he put up no fight.
2)Kiramy~Male(Bagon)Kiramy is brave and foolish,like most Bagon.Amos caught baby Kiramy after he fell off a cliff.He seems to be close to evolving.
3)Maine~Female(Octillery)She is stubborn and vain.Caught with a rod as Remoraid.
4)Jade~Female(Rotom)Jade is curious and naive.Amos found her when he realised that she was the one messing up the electricity for his neibourhood.
5)Koi~Male(Torkoal)Lazy.Strangly,came from a Grotle egg.
6)Amos carries around an egg that he found.He can here noises from inside.

-Pichu Boy-
05-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Username: Magic kid930
Character Name: Mark Chate --- Age: 14
History: Mark lived a happy life with his parents and his younger sister. For his 10th birthday, his parents got him a Pichu, which he keeps with him all the time. His sister also liked playing with Pichu, so he likes it that they got along well. But then the tsunami struck, wiping out Mark's whole family. Mark just survived, along with Pichu, and his sister's Pidgey. He vowed he would do anything he could to make his parents proud of him.
Personality: Mark is a caring boy who will do anything for his Pichu. He likes to be secretive, though, and is sort-of shy.
Appearance: Mark has brown-ish hair that spikes up. He has blue eyes. He usually can be seen wearing a t-shirt and jeans and an amulet on a chain round his neck, which was a present from his mum for his 6th Birthday. It has a picture of him and his family standing together.
Pokemon: Pichu - Mark's first pokemon, this little fella won't go down without a fight!
Pidgey (Peedgo) - Pidgey was his sister's pokemon, and when the tsunami struck, Pidgey managed t escape, and Mark took care of it.
Butterfree - Mark caught it as a Metapod, Butterfree likes using PoisonPowder the most.

LordZangoose
05-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Noan, you've got two Gary-stu sign-ups here, and n00bish ones at that. Anyway, you have many plot holes, but the idea itself is not too bad.

-Pichu Boy-
05-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Noan, you've got two Gary-stu* sign-ups here, and n00bish ones at that. Anyway, you have many plot holes, but the idea itself is not too bad.

*What's a Gary-stu? I'm new here, and don't really know that much. :oops:

Lonsie
05-24-2007, 09:03 PM
*What's a Gary-stu? I'm new here, and don't really know that much. :oops:

A secretive, super nice, lost-my-family character. But, yours is less of a Gary-stu than vedros, that's for sure.

Lord Fedora
05-24-2007, 09:27 PM
A secretive, super nice, lost-my-family character. But, yours is less of a Gary-stu than vedros, that's for sure.
Actually Lonsie, a Gary-stu is basically the RP character equivalent of a gingerbread man. It is, in a snese, a totally stereotypical character who could be described as either "perfect" or "a n00b character." Either one works. It's basically a generic overused kind of character with little to no flaws.

Lonsie
05-24-2007, 09:28 PM
Actually Lonsie, a Gary-stu is basically the RP character equivalent of a gingerbread man. It is, in a snese, a totally stereotypical character who could be described as either "perfect" or "a n00b character." Either one works. It's basically a generic overused kind of character with little to no flaws.

Yes, but I was just pointing out the specific points of a Gary-stu/Mary-sue character.

Xlugon Pyro
05-25-2007, 01:10 AM
I need gud RPs to join and my creative light bulb needs to be replaced, so I'll re-energize it here, hopefully! This char will be a bit different, and be based slightly on a character from a pokemon game.

Username: Xlugon Pyro
Character Name: Xue Kyuei
History: Because of a divorce when she was young, she lived with her dad in Twinleaf Town. Her father was extremely physically abusive, which hurt Xue. She tried to run away often and often stole her father's things to survive, but was always caught and harshly punished. However, she was eventually able to befriend woodland pokemon and even caught some in secrecy. She also had a nannie when her dad worked, who taught her a lot about pokemon. Because of her father's treatment, Xue became afraid of males, especially when puberty hit. She wanted to go on a pokemon journey, but her dad wouldn't let her. However, awhile after she turned 14, the tsunami hit, and her dad and nannie were lost. She has no idea how to take care of herself. Worst of all, the guys tend to be attracted to Xue a lot, which bothers her, because she is terrified of them.
Personality: The girl is timid, and is nervous around people. Her feelings are hurt easily, and she's not very confident. She never gets angry, only sad and upset. Xue almost never talks unless it is absolutely necessary. Also, she is very intelligent, though she'll never admit it and ofdten thinks the opposite. Though she fears almost everything, she seems at peace with nature and small, docile or cute looking pokemon. Her most dreadful fear is teenage boys and men. She is also very sickly and often seems to have a cold or something.
Appearance: Xue is quite attractive, which she'll never admit. Her hair is reddish brown, and she has a few freckles dotted across her face. The girl's common clothes are miniskirts and short sleeve T-shirts, sometimes with ties in the front or back. She may also wear an under shirt if the over shirt is a narrow V neck. In warm weather, she wears her favorite green flip flops. In cold weather, she'll wear a large white coat with a hood and high heel white boots extending up to her knees. She'll also tie up her hair once in awhile with green and blue ribbons. Xue, before she turned 13, looked very nerdy with large glasses, but soon after, she got contacts and became very attractive. She is still stuck with the ugly idea, though.
Pokemon: Xeje the Bagon; Found from an egg in the woods, she's extremely protective of Xue. She hates males because of Xue's father. Xeje's very brave and confident. She's also very strong and is Xue's prime motivator.
Myzu the Feebas; Caught in the nearby river after convincing from Xeje, she is like Xue, timid and has low self-esteem. She wants to be beautiful, but knows she is very ugly. However, Xeje gives her hope.
Vuowth the Treecko; Being caught as an attempt to avoid a powerful attack, this treecko is extremely rebellious. He's cruel, rude, anti-social, and is either hated or feared. Vuowth loves to battle, harass Xue and her pokemon, and is unfortunately Xue's most powerful pokemon by far.
Aomn the Swablu; Being a gift as an egg from her nannie, this swablue has a stylish, girly nature. She can be fierce, but she loves to show off her looks and likes to sing a lot.
Pyum the Charmander; He was an abandoned pokemon that was depressed. Being constantly angry, he is ruthless, heartless, and hates everyone, even himself. Vuowth and Pyum never get along, and Xue is afraid of Pyum.
Eok the Trapinch; Given to Xue one day by a champion trainer as a newborn, he is very childish and hyper. He is very annoying, but very happy. He loves to pull pranks and is very goody. Xue is afraid of Eok due to his large jaws, but Eok loves Xue and always wants to hug her and make her laugh.

Just incase I need to redo my sign-up, basically, everyone except the kids are dead, right? Also, can we talk to our pokemon or are they how they are in the anime?

vedros
05-25-2007, 01:35 AM
Whatever!Amos is so not a Gary-Stu.Stop being so stupid,stupid.And I won't change it unless NOAN says so.
So take Gary-Stu and Mary-Sue,and you know what?Shove 'em!

I am Vedros,and I approve this spazinization.

And by the way,Xluegon;that's a pretty heavy story.Wanna tone that down a bit?JK.
Seriously though,issues.

LordZangoose
05-25-2007, 01:39 AM
Name:Amos Proud
History:For the past two months,he has been backpacking with some older friends around Sinnoh.Before that,he lived with his brother.Amos pretends that he doesn't know that him and his brother actually were kicked out of there house.His parents died when he was very small,and he has no memories of them.
Personality:Amos is very friendly and outgoing,but is actually not very trusting of anyone(second half is contradicting).He is selfless and quite often puts strangers above himself.His low self-esteem is unjustified.He has never been to school,and gets all his knowledge from books.Through this,he has become very intelligent,and he also speaks other languages.His worst fear is being attacked by a Pokemon.
Appearance:His jet-black hair goes almost to his shoulders,and usually covers his face.He usually wears a beanie to keep it at bay,and wears a T-shirt and jeans.His desert camo pattern backpack contains all his possesions.His skin is tanned from the hours spent in the sun.
Pokemon:1)Sziper~Male[zie-per](Meditite)Sziper is quirky and energetic,and when caught,he put up no fight.
2)Kiramy~Male(Bagon)Kiramy is brave and foolish,like most Bagon.Amos caught baby Kiramy after he fell off a cliff.He seems to be close to evolving.
3)Maine~Female(Octillery)She is stubborn and vain.Caught with a rod as Remoraid.
4)Jade~Female(Rotom)Jade is curious and naive.Amos found her when he realised that she was the one messing up the electricity for his neibourhood.
6)Amos carries around an egg that he found.He can here noises from inside.

Whatever!Amos is so not a Gary-Stu.Stop being so stupid,stupid.And I won't change it unless NOAN says so.
So take Gary-Stu and Mary-Sue,and you know what?Shove 'em!

I am Vedros,and I approve this spazinization.

Right, which one of us here made the gary-stu and is throwing a fit like a little kid? I highlighted every Gary-stu trait in your SU. And just about all of the Pokémon end up making a gary-stu team in general.

vedros
05-25-2007, 02:06 AM
You suck.Wasn't it completely obvious that I was joking?I didn't take what I said seriously.But I seriously don't think that you have any right to call my guy a Gary-Stu. Yeah,his family died.That's part of the plot!Go nitpick at someone else.

Xlugon Pyro
05-25-2007, 02:08 AM
Right, which one of us here made the gary-stu and is throwing a fit like a little kid? I highlighted every Gary-stu trait in your SU. And just about all of the Pokémon end up making a gary-stu team in general.

This guy pretty much knows what he's talking about. I would say he's a bit brutal in laying down the facts, but he knows his stuff. Plus, you joking about my story wasn't the best thing to do, either. It's better than yours, otherwise LZ woulda said so. :P

vedros
05-25-2007, 02:09 AM
EveeKing/NOAN,do you think my SU is n00bish?Tell me honestly,I'm not sensitive.I'ma man.I'm a big man.Sorry for that.Seriously though,I don't think he is GS.What do you think?

vedros
05-25-2007, 02:10 AM
This guy pretty much knows what he's talking about. I would say he's a bit brutal in laying down the facts, but he knows his stuff. Plus, you joking about my story wasn't the best thing to do, either. It's better than yours, otherwise LZ woulda said so. :P

I was joking,I wasn't making fun of your story,don't be so touchy.

Xlugon Pyro
05-25-2007, 02:24 AM
I was joking,I wasn't making fun of your story,don't be so touchy.

Nobody's being touchy. Just trying to help you learn something. LZ is only truly trying to help too, so don't be so rebellious. Oh, and you double posted. That's bad.

We should stop this too. We dont wanna spam this with an argument.

RawrIsMyMiddleName
05-25-2007, 03:45 AM
Xlugon is accepted, others not. Edit it please. Anyways, mine is kind of a Mary-Sue but whatev, it won't be in the RP. Kayla will suck in the RP, lol. And since verdos, your kinda spamming. You have one chance left to make a su!

Scourge of Amaranth
05-25-2007, 03:53 AM
Vedros... yes, that's a Gary-stu. I know what I'm talking about, too. Seriously, your little hissy fit made it even worse. 'Never knew parents' is an automatic stu/sue.

vedros
05-25-2007, 06:32 AM
Yeah,you guys are right,I'll make a new SU.Sorry 4 all the spamming.But I'm keeping my team.
Name:Kevin Walker
History:When he taught himslef to read at 4,he started getting all the information possible about all pokemon,and his day consisted of research,school,and spending time with his family and pokemon.His mother,father,and twin sister were all pokemon ethusiasts,as was he.They would train and battle toghether.Everyday,what happened on the day of the tsunami gets less and less clear.He remembers water,and his parents' bodies.He is sure that somewhere,his sister is still alive.
Personality:Kevin is a perfectionist,and loves to correct and teach people.He doesn't really have any friends,but hangs out with alot of girls.They are the only ones who will take the time to get to know him.He depends on his pokemon for emotional support now,but he doesn't let that bother him.His main priority now is to help other children,and possibly find his sister.
Appearance:His light-brown hair barely passes his forehead,and thanks to Jackie(his sister) is well kept.Most of the time he will wear a long sleeve button-down,but will sometimes wear a T-shirt with a vest.Below that,he will wear track pants,and blue and white sneakers,with grey socks.During the colder weather,he will wear a thick hoodie.
2)Kiramy~Male(Bagon)Kiramy is brave and foolish,like most Bagon.Kevin caught baby Kiramy after he fell off a cliff.He seems to be close to evolving.
4)Jade~Female(Rotom)Jade is curious and naive.Kevin found her when he realised that she was the one messing up the electricity for his neibourhood.
6)Kevin carries around an egg that he found.He can here noises from inside.

Xlugon Pyro
05-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Xlugon is accepted, others not. Edit it please. Anyways, mine is kind of a Mary-Sue but whatev, it won't be in the RP. Kayla will suck in the RP, lol. And since verdos, your kinda spamming. You have one chance left to make a su!

Thankee, NoaN! Also got to see you crackin' down on the others. :)