PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting severely annoyed with dear Mother. (Contest Strategies)

Haelleah
05-24-2007, 06:20 PM
How on earth does your 'mom' even WIN any contests?! She has no appeal strategy whatsoever (I pwn her in Acting every time) and her Pokemon's dancing is only so-so. The audience loves her Visual entry, no matter what category it is, even though she uses the same accessories every time!

IT'S RIGGED, I TELL YOU! RIGGED!

Ahem. Yeah.

I thought it might be good to have a board to share contest strategies.

Here's a good, reliable moveset I've come up with:

Slot 1: A move that doubles the next round's score
Slot 2: A move that gets extra points for going first
Slot 3: A move that gets higher points for low Voltage
Slot 3: A basic, three-hearter

Now, here's how you use it:

First Appeal round: Slot 1; doesn't matter which judge
Second round: You should end up in the first round. If you did, and there's a judge with no Voltage, use Slot 3 on them. If not, use Slot 2 on any judge.
Third: Repeat First
Fourth: Repeat Second

Other notes: If Dexter and one of the other judges are both about to max out their Voltage, and you're lucky enough to have the first turn, go for Dexter. Not only does he give a better bonus, but the other contestants will probably go for him too, losing their shot at the other four-starred judge.

Edit: WHOO! Finally took the Master Rank Cool.

Jake Silver
05-24-2007, 08:45 PM
I've never ended up against Mom. Only Jasmine and Fantina. Fantina is utterly horrible at contests; Focus Energy, Ominous Wind, Focus Energy, Ominous Wind... utterly useless. Her Drifblim's other move is Explosion, which is not only not helped by Focus Energy and Ominous Wind, but is terrible anyway. And she still beat my Manaphy. Darn. Jasmine actually did well, and beat my Manaphy.

Oh, yeah. Contest strategies. Mine is actually the same as yours. My Jynx pwns at beauty contests.

TheEvilDookie
05-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Ugh, I hate fighting against my mom in the contests... I freakin suck at visual, and they only give me 1 or 2 stars... So what's relates to the themes in the visual????

BrassIttoTower
05-24-2007, 11:19 PM
I've Never gotten to Mom yet, but I've found an expertly made strategy for my Mespirit.

First, this depends on Mespirit being first to go. It uses Future Sight on whatever judge, ends up last, then uses PsychUp that makes it go first again, then it uses Future Sightand with the double score from last appeal, then I just close it off with a three hearter Confusion.

Does anyone know what contests Jasmine/Fantina/Mom appear in? I haven't seen any with my Tough Contest Sudowoodo in the past.

AshMistyMayfan
05-25-2007, 12:07 AM
How on earth does your 'mom' even WIN any contests?! She has no appeal strategy whatsoever (I pwn her in Acting every time) and her Pokemon's dancing is only so-so. The audience loves her Visual entry, no matter what category it is, even though she uses the same accessories every time!

IT'S RIGGED, I TELL YOU! RIGGED!

Ahem. Yeah.

I thought it might be good to have a board to share contest strategies.

Here's a good, reliable moveset I've come up with:

Slot 1: A move that doubles the next round's score
Slot 2: A move that gets extra points for going first
Slot 3: A move that gets higher points for low Voltage
Slot 3: A basic, three-hearter

Now, here's how you use it:

First Appeal round: Slot 1; doesn't matter which judge
Second round: You should end up in the first round. If you did, and there's a judge with no Voltage, use Slot 3 on them. If not, use Slot 2 on any judge.
Third: Repeat First
Fourth: Repeat Second

Other notes: If Dexter and one of the other judges are both about to max out their Voltage, and you're lucky enough to have the first turn, go for Dexter. Not only does he give a better bonus, but the other contestants will probably go for him too, losing their shot at the other four-starred judge.

Edit: WHOO! Finally took the Master Rank Cool.

Think that's bad? Fantina's Drifloon uses OMINIOUS wind and here I am going you dirty little bleep blank as it ZAPPED the appeal point I needed! DOn't ever take on a Chimchar in Cool Rank for it uses too many low voltage/fire moves that just screw everybody up! I had to reset so many times with Fantina or Tanya's Chimchar screwing things up.

I hopefully have agility, quick attack, or double team to get to no. 1 JUST IN CASE to get the max points.

By the way, Dawn is so pretty in that dress and bow in her hair. She totally rules.:biggrin:

Ninja_killer
05-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Ugh, I hate fighting against my mom in the contests... I freakin suck at visual, and they only give me 1 or 2 stars... So what's relates to the themes in the visual????
what i do is.......i don't give a hoot about what the pokemon looks like in visual, i just put all kinds of stuff on him to make him look funny and maybe set a backdrop that resembles the theme and i get lots of hearts every time :)

Haelleah
05-25-2007, 02:59 AM
I just piled stuff on my poor Smeargle, you couldn't even see her under the Shed Horns and Shed Claws, but she finally wrung enough points out of the audience to win.

And... I haven't been using backdrops. Maybe that's what's been hurting my score :oops:

AshMistyMayFan, is it okay if I post that list you gave me? It was instrumental in my first Master Rank win, so I'm sure other people could use it.

Fantina... poor loser. :crackup: I was expecting her to be all BA in the contests, and then I was laughing evilly as she stacked 0-appeal move on 0-appeal move. Yes, she is the one I got my first win against.

AshMistyMayfan
05-25-2007, 08:08 AM
I just piled stuff on my poor Smeargle, you couldn't even see her under the Shed Horns and Shed Claws, but she finally wrung enough points out of the audience to win.

And... I haven't been using backdrops. Maybe that's what's been hurting my score :oops:

AshMistyMayFan, is it okay if I post that list you gave me? It was instrumental in my first Master Rank win, so I'm sure other people could use it.

Fantina... poor loser. :crackup: I was expecting her to be all BA in the contests, and then I was laughing evilly as she stacked 0-appeal move on 0-appeal move. Yes, she is the one I got my first win against.

I did the same thing with Raichu, I threw on so much stuff on her, poor thing wasn't even seen with 19 items out of 20!:crackup: I always go up 3 times to throw on everything like carpet, standing mike, photo board, fluff bed, surfboard, mirror ball and I don't know how to position it, just get it by Raichu. I hope my Empoleon has it easier but darn thing doesn't like beauty berries as it only likes Mago berries. I have to import TM42 from a game to teach it Facade to win the contest.:sad: Of all the things, it only knows how to be cute!

Answer to question: I think you should and it should be stickied. That way, everybody knows what contest you got to participate, match the items, and you have a minute to throw on whatever you can. The way I have been studying the contest, I think in Master throwing on 19 items gets you upwards to 4 hearts and you should use Dexter in round 1 judging as you will get 3 plus hearts at the end of round one. IF you go up against Fantina, I would stay away from the judge that has 2 plus appeals for Fantina will take away that plus appeal no matter what IF YOU pick that judge. That's the inside info I seem to get in Master as i made a note to pick Dexter in round 1.