PDA

View Full Version : Why do trainers release their Pokemon?

AshMistyMayfan
09-28-2004, 09:47 PM
In seeing Ash/Misty release some of their Pokemon, I always that it's a mistake to just say goodbye to somebody who was a friend in some way to them. I feel that it's wrong to just release a Pokemon because it's a sad feeling to just release them. THey both released potentially good team members. I guess the part that gets to me is how would the Pokemon do if released. Could it care for itself, fend for itself, or find some friends? I know it may sound a little silly, but I always get this vision that the released Pokemon feels lonesome.

This subject is TV for Misty is going to release Togetic which I feel is the wrong thing to do. I've had Togetic in RS and it's a capable Pokemon if taught some right TMs and the fly HM. Misty never should've let her friend go. Also saw Ash release Lapras this morning and I feel he shouldn't have done that. Whatever happened to loyal friendship among trainer/Pokemon? Even if Ash couldn't use a Pokemon, there's Oak the PC to send it to. Misty also has family.

Jeikobu
10-02-2004, 03:59 AM
Satoshi (Ash) and Kasumi (Misty) love their Pokemon as much as anyone loves their Pokemon. But they also want what's best for them. They only release them when they feel it would be the better thing. Obviously, by their reactions, they don't want to, and it breaks their hearts to part with good friends, but they are also happy knowing they did what was best and their Pokemon will still lead happy lives. They don't just let them go for no reason. Satoshi wanted Butterfree to be able to have babies and lead a happy new life with his new mate. He wanted Okorizaru (Primeape) to be able to become a stronger fighter (leaving him where he did is an ideal way to do that). Lizardon (Charizard) also wanted to become stronger. Lapras needed to go back to its family. SPOILER: Kasumi had to let Togetic stay with the other Togepi to protect them. There are other cases as well, but I don't need to name them all. Friends sometimes have to part ways, but the memories will always stay, and they may even meet again someday, who knows. But one thing's for sure, they will never forget each other.