PDA

View Full Version : Gold Silver and Crystal remakes?

pernumba
05-24-2007, 11:27 PM
ive been hearing rumors that they are going to make remakes of GSC.

im mean there prolly gunna have to because Johto has become the "lost region" in my opinion, GSC doesnt even work because the internal batterys have died so you cant even play most of them because they cant save, so im assuming they are probbally going to have to make remakes, what do you guys think, i think its a good idea, they might not have Kanto at the end, that would suck.

Who
05-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Considering most of the pokemon from Johto are obtainable already in some way, its not the greatest of ideas. Though, if it were to just play with updated graphics, then its not the worse thing. Though if they wanted to get people to buy for the pokemon, they'd either need to add pokemon that were only obtainable through this, or way more easily obtainble this way.

agg08
05-24-2007, 11:29 PM
And where did you hear these rumors? I don't like getting excited for no reason..

pernumba
05-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Lots of people on the forums

TheEvilDookie
05-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Although I thought the Johto region was the best, I don't think that they should waste their time and money to remake the games...

agg08
05-24-2007, 11:39 PM
Lots of people on the forums
^O, well I hope it's true so that I could find the Legendary Dogs again! =D

pikabeeash
05-24-2007, 11:40 PM
Go to seribii.net it says quote"all the rumors of G/S/C are false" so probally no but Silver was my first poke game so i wish the would make a remake but with no kanto awwwwwwwwww:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Salamence
05-24-2007, 11:41 PM
I liked the Johto Region the best too. :]
It would be nice to have a remake of GSC.

Tsunami
05-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Johto was my favorite too most definatly well bye time to go salamence hunting

MustangGT
05-24-2007, 11:55 PM
heres my thoughts here.... make a new game with new pokes maybe or just use the old 1's and use the johto region. use the 3 2nd gen starters and incorporate all pokes to it or just make it on a system like D/P where u need a nat dex for a lotta stuff. have up untill the point u get that dex be #'s 1-251 and then 252-493 after u get the nat. dex

i hope some1 agrees

AshMistyMayfan
05-25-2007, 12:04 AM
Considering most of the pokemon from Johto are obtainable already in some way, its not the greatest of ideas. Though, if it were to just play with updated graphics, then its not the worse thing. Though if they wanted to get people to buy for the pokemon, they'd either need to add pokemon that were only obtainable through this, or way more easily obtainble this way.

I disagree because I loved taking on Claire. Claire is my all time favorite gym leader with her dragon Pokemon. I like the WI Fi features, that would work great.

not a nazi
05-25-2007, 01:28 AM
they are not going to; deal with it. all of the pokemon are already obtainable.

Who
05-25-2007, 01:56 AM
I disagree because I loved taking on Claire. Claire is my all time favorite gym leader with her dragon Pokemon. I like the WI Fi features, that would work great.
I said if they wanted people to buy it for the pokes. Meaning their only reason for buying it would be because of the pokemon, not the gameplay. if they are just remaking it for the sake of those who enjoyed the gameplay, then by all the means, but they'll lose a lot of buyers that way.

rebelde33
05-25-2007, 02:02 AM
they are not going to; deal with it. all of the pokemon are already obtainable.
Has it been confirmed? I don't think so. People should just wait to see what the new game will be instead of making these "G/S/C remake" threads. :susp:

Neonix
05-25-2007, 02:11 AM
I said if they wanted people to buy it for the pokes. Meaning their only reason for buying it would be because of the pokemon, not the gameplay. if they are just remaking it for the sake of those who enjoyed the gameplay, then by all the means, but they'll lose a lot of buyers that way.
I disagree, I for one would buy it just for the story and region, and I know at least a handful of people who would do the same. Still, I doubt they will do it. It's pretty clear it's not happening. Would be cool if they added 5th generation pokemon into a Johto remake, but that';s quite doubtful.

Although, I have stumbled upon something interesting. If you have any pokemon transferred via Pal Park, you know how the stats say which region it's from, Hoenn or Kanto. Well...

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/4227/johtooriginkf3.jpg

Brolylssj3
05-25-2007, 02:19 AM
That would be cool though

Who
05-25-2007, 02:22 AM
I disagree, I for one would buy it just for the story and region, and I know at least a handful of people who would do the same. Still, I doubt they will do it. It's pretty clear it's not happening. Would be cool if they added 5th generation pokemon into a Johto remake, but that';s quite doubtful.

Although, I have stumbled upon something interesting. If you have any pokemon transferred via Pal Park, you know how the stats say which region it's from, Hoenn or Kanto. Well...

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/4227/johtooriginkf3.jpg
Haha, people don't seem to get it. I'm not saying some people would not buy it for the story and region, I'm just saying they'd lose some customers if they don't add in some new pokes/easier obtainable pokes.

Neonix
05-25-2007, 02:27 AM
Haha, people don't seem to get it. I'm not saying some people would not buy it for the story and region, I'm just saying they'd lose some customers if they don't add in some new pokes/easier obtainable pokes.
No I understand your point completely, but you said a LOT of buyers. Most of the people who buy pokemon games are fans who will buy any new pokemon game that comes out. The little kids and older fanboys outnumber the serious competitive players.

Anyway, I'm still wondering why they made Johto a possible origin if theres no way to transfer a pokemon from Johto to D/P.

CrissXCross038
05-25-2007, 02:27 AM
i think they should create a game with all 4 regions in it. catch certain pokemon in certain regions. that would be kool.

Neonix
05-25-2007, 02:35 AM
i think they should create a game with all 4 regions in it. catch certain pokemon in certain regions. that would be kool.
Very cool, but would probably take years to make and I doubt it would even fit on a DS cart.

CrissXCross038
05-25-2007, 02:39 AM
Very cool, but would probably take years to make and I doubt it would even fit on a DS cart.

yea tru but i think it would be kool.

Mr M
05-25-2007, 02:52 AM
Maybe they'll use Johto for the 5th generation pokemon...WAIT WAIT! DO NOT QUOTE ME ON THAT!! Lol!

Neonix
05-25-2007, 02:53 AM
yea tru but i think it would be kool.
Of course it would be awesome! Oh well

Haelleah
05-25-2007, 03:07 AM
Now, THIS would be wicked:

A version that let you travel to all of the regions, customize your character, start from any region you wanted, challenge all of the Elite Fours/Gym Leaders, and...

...was for WII!

It would kinda have to be, I guess, since it wouldn't fit on a DS card :ermm:

But wouldn't that be neato?

frondew
05-25-2007, 03:10 AM

A version that let you travel to all of the regions, customize your character, start from any region you wanted, challenge all of the Elite Fours/Gym Leaders, and...

...was for WII!

nice idea and , though i have a nintendo wii, i would prefer it for the DS

i wouldnt like a g/s/c remake

5th gen. would be better

Who
05-25-2007, 04:04 AM

...was for WII!

Sounds like the 3D pokemon game everyone has had in mind since its creation. I'd be for it though.

AshMistyMayfan
05-25-2007, 07:52 AM
Although I thought the Johto region was the best, I don't think that they should waste their time and money to remake the games...

Personally, I'd want a remake and why not use the combinations from the other regions? IF they made some type of 3rd game, like they made Emerald and Crystal, I say battle again in Shinnou, then you got to battle in Emerald, battle in Johto, and then the Kanto. I want to see Claire again.

Cybernetic Ghost
05-25-2007, 08:13 AM
Its just assumptions currently.

I personally, REALLY want them to. G/S were my favorite versions till D/P, but I doubt they'll do it.

*sigh*

A man can dream cant he...a man can dream..

...was for WII!

It would kinda have to be, I guess, since it wouldn't fit on a DS card

DS games have ALOT of unused memory from what I hear. They could probably do it.

Zan Sabrefang
05-25-2007, 08:26 AM
I probably wouldn't buy them if they did release them. As previously stated I believe ALL if not a MAJORITY of the Johto Pokémon are already obtainable. A Pokémon game for the Wii would be more plausible if it allowed you to visit each region and fight each individual Gym/Elite Four. I personally think the Johto region was lame and although it had the least Poké's in it, I think the Kanto region was the best and they already revamped those.

We seem to be forgetting that the game is still attracting newcomers all the time. A Johto remake would be entirely worth their while. LG/FR proved that.

uxie
05-25-2007, 12:13 PM
That's weird. Maybe they mean that's the region it's originally from?

I know my Lugia, from XD Gale of Darkness, says it comes "From a Distant Land," which means from Orre, even though I traded it to LeafGreen, THEN downloaded it to Diamond.

bigboy
05-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Had to many threads like this already. And by the way most people would want a new region instead of a remake.

Mileron
05-25-2007, 03:19 PM
DS games have ALOT of unused memory from what I hear. They could probably do it.

DS games are digital memory cards, not unlike those used for digital cameras. Their storage space will only increase over time.

killyoutodeath
05-25-2007, 04:24 PM
i know people have being saying all the pokemon are nearly all obtainable but they could add more islands like in leafgreen which could add to the gameplay and not all people have a gamecube and the pokemon games which could make it easier to get the legendaries but another third game tofollow up diamond and pearl would be more likely