PDA

View Full Version : Poffin help

Nick_Roge
05-25-2007, 12:47 PM
I've never been much good at creating pokeblock or poffing so can someone give me some tips?

Kairyu
05-25-2007, 04:01 PM
In order to make a high level of poffins, you need to get with a friend and make them them together. Not on wifi, but wireless with up to four people.

When making poffins, always check the tag and see what kind of poffin that particular berry will make and how it will benefit the Pokemon it's going to be given to. If you feed your Pokemon a lot a poffins and it's sheen meter reaches full, it will not eat any more.

You can get different berries everyday from the lady in the flower shop and the berry master. The berry master is to the left of Hearthome and the flower shop is in Floroma.

You might not have that many berries right now so, going to these people is a smart choice when concerning poffins and a pokemon's sheen meter that way you can make the best choice possible.

AshMistyMayfan
05-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Also, what you got to try and do is make a Poffin that is low feel, high level. It's a little difficult, but the Mago I have been making, I have gotten the numbers between 18 and 21 feel with good constant stirring and limited spilling, with a feel of 24. A berry like Pamtre/Spelon, those are a 34 feel and might be too fast filling so try and go for a berry with a feel of 24. If you PM me, I'll send you a list of good berries for poffin mixing.

Nick_Roge
05-25-2007, 05:27 PM
I have many berries so that isn't a problem. But what I'm trying to figure out is how I had a level 40 mild berry that upped all my pokemon stats by a fairly large amount.

Aces_and_Eights
05-25-2007, 07:23 PM
I can tell you this: never mix two of the same berry when making poffins with a friend. You end up with lv 2 Foul Poffins:tongue:

AshMistyMayfan
05-25-2007, 08:36 PM
I can tell you this: never mix two of the same berry when making poffins with a friend. You end up with lv 2 Foul Poffins:tongue:

Yeah, the foul berry is the worse berry to make. I did that when I burned it.:sad:

Haelleah
05-25-2007, 08:43 PM
I always have to make my Poffins alone, my sister is the only person I know of to do Wireless with, and she never has time to make Poffins with me :susp:

But I've found that the super-effective move reducer berries (Kebia, Kasib, Chople, Babiri, etc. etc.) make pretty nice starting Poffins. (Level 22+, with not much higher Feel). I usually feed one of those, then fill the Pokemon's stats with lower level, one-flavor Poffins (I make them from Aguav, Figy, Iapapa, etc.)

For stirring, when the batter is the lightest color, stir as slowly as you can without burning it, so it won't overflow. When it gets a little darker, stir a bit more quickly. And as soon as the colorful spots appear, stir like your life depends on it--it won't overflow at that stage.

When the direction first changes, you'll need to stir a little more quickly to get the batter moving, and then slow back down to the right speed (with the exception of the final stage, of course).

Hope that helps :smile: