PDA

View Full Version : Heeey.... Smeargle can sketch Transform now!

Haelleah
05-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Unless my memory fails me, it couldn't do that in the previous generations (I remember trying, and being disappointed when it said 'But it failed!')

I was training my Smart Contest Smeargle last night, and I was looking through my PC for a Pokemon with Taunt or Wake-Up Slap, and I came across my Ditto. And I was like, "Hm, it probably won't work--but heck, let's try it!"

I was so excited when it worked!

Of course, I've gotta get rid of Transform to free up space for a Contest move that's actually useful, but... it's still cool!

... and now I'm going to feel like a total idiot if Transform could be Sketched all along, and I just didn't know it. :oops:

Arcane
05-25-2007, 08:57 PM
It's kind of like Metronome, so yeah it probably could

Kairyu
05-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I remember seeing one do that in the wild when I first started playing Pearl. I jumped out of my seat. :oops:

I think it's awesome.

Tsunami
05-25-2007, 09:01 PM
In R/S Smeargle can sketch Transform. But you cant until you get a smeargal and a ditto in a double b attle and ditto has to e faster and has to be asleep

Haelleah
05-25-2007, 09:03 PM
In R/S Smeargle can sketch Transform. But you cant until you get a smeargal and a ditto in a double b attle and ditto has to e faster and has to be asleep
How can Ditto use Transform while it's asleep? 0_o

Tsunami
05-25-2007, 09:08 PM
How can Ditto use Transform while it's asleep? 0_o
It has to take its turn duh it doesnt trasform but it still uses the attack

Haelleah
05-25-2007, 09:11 PM
It has to take its turn duh it doesnt trasform but it still uses the attack
I still don't get it. Maybe I'm just a tad slow today.

Wouldn't Skill Swap and Transform be a wicked combo on a Smeargle? Too bad its stats are too low for competitive battles... I've always liked Smeargles, and wished they had a bit more power.

Eraizaa-kun
05-26-2007, 05:29 AM
Smeargle could have always Sketched Transform. Except that Sketch fails if the target no longer knows the move. When Ditto transforms, the transform attack was no longer on his attack pool so sketch would fail. Have a ditto transform into a ditto and Sketch will work for sure. I know, Smeargle is my fav Pokemon. I had a box full of them. I call my self a Smeargle trainer. ^^

chimpeau
05-26-2007, 08:31 PM
But.... Are there even any NPC trainers with Dittos......

Tabbloza
05-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Or you could get in a double battle with your own Smeargle and Ditto, have Ditto use an item (like, an X-Attack or Potion or something) and have Smeargle use Sketch on Ditto. I think that would work, right?

chimpeau
05-26-2007, 08:48 PM
No, It copies the move last used, unfortunately.

EDIT: Use it on a wild Smeargle, if your ditto is faster, it will work, then catch the smeargle.