PDA

View Full Version : Hey I'm new!

dragonfire
05-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Hey guys im new here and im about to get pokemon diamond in a few days so i thought i mite join the forum now. Im open 2 suggestions on what 2 do when i get so type away!

- Dragonfire

Legend_Killer
05-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Hey, what's up Taylor. Hey guys, this dude is my friend so show some respect. He's a super noob. :biggrin: He has like, no pokemon knowlege and I finally convinced him to get Diamond or Pearl and join. Welcome.

shweeet
05-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Hey. Welcome to the forum.

In any case, If you need help with something PM me and i'll see what I can do.

not a nazi
05-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Hey guys im new here and im about to get pokemon diamond in a few days so i thought i mite join the forum now. Im open 2 suggestions on what 2 do when i get so type away!

- Dragonfire
screw yo----er, i mean, welcome!

i am just telling you, i only made and account here because serebiiforums doesnt work often....and i'm liking this forum.

Psycho__Ryan
05-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Welcome to the Forums! I have some words 'o Wisdom for ya! START WITH TUTWIG! And Make sure to get a gible in the Wayward cave under cycling road after you get cut!

Dragon_Master
05-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Nah, get chimchar! It'll turn into a Fire-fighting pokemon. That's a good match up against Water-steel (Empoleon- evovled form of Piplup)

I chose Piplup :tongue:

Blue_Dragon_Mew
05-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Nah, get chimchar! It'll turn into a Fire-fighting pokemon. That's a good match up against Water-steel (Empoleon- evovled form of Piplup)

Piplup good. I started with hi, er... her and had no promblems till the E4. Maybe from good training though.

Dragon_Master
05-26-2007, 10:06 PM
I know... I was cruisin' through every trainer until the E4.

Empoleon is good too, cause' it gets normal damage from grass because it's part steel.:happy:

Blue_Dragon_Mew
05-26-2007, 10:10 PM
I know... I was cruisin' through every trainer until the E4.

Empoleon is good too, cause' it gets normal damage from grass because it's part steel.:happy:

But also normal from fire, super effective from fighting and electric, and imune to poison.

dragonfire
05-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Do any of you have a rayquaza???

Blue_Dragon_Mew
05-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Do any of you have a rayquaza???

I do. But why do you want mister "stab your eyes with a rusty steak knife" grin, as my bro calls him.

Psycho__Ryan
05-26-2007, 10:17 PM
I do. But why do you want mister "stab your eyes with a rusty steak knife" grin, as my bro calls him.

Because Rayquaza is the 4th coolest DragonType ever! Also, I have two!:biggrin:

dragonfire
05-26-2007, 10:28 PM
i used to have four on my old sapphire ggame so if you want i might b able to get u 1:goofy:

The Jr Trainer
05-26-2007, 10:35 PM
Here is a good party
Spiritomb
Infernape
Golduck
Roserarde
Honchcrow
Mothim

Well that is my pearl team it is pretty good

Venusaur456
05-26-2007, 10:54 PM

- Dragonfire
Cool you have an avatar like me.:happy: You should get Piplup in the beginning because it turns into a water/steel pokemon.

JentleViolence
05-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Welcome welcome! =D Read rules and PM somebody else if you need help.

Anyway, for your pokemon game, start out with whatever starter you want. Then ask questions from there. :happy:

Eiyoko
05-26-2007, 11:10 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forums. I'm Eiyoko, if you need any help, let me know - I've got some data for Diamond and Pearl that I gathered on my own stashed away.

First off, you'll want to start off with Chimchar if you really want a fire type. The only other fire type is Ponyta, and you can't get it until a bit later in the game. Turtwig is a good beginner's pokemon, and Piplup seems to do well also (I chose Piplup because I have a fondness for water).

Another rule is to catch anything and everything you see. Filling up your Pokedex earns you prizes along the way. Don't level ALL of your pokemon though - choose a few to be in your main party and keep those leveled. Don't let one of your main pokemon get higher or lower than the rest - try to keep their levels the same. Keep a variety of pokemon in your party as well - that way you'll be prepared for whatever comes your way.

Talk to everyone in sight. Some will give you advice, some want to trade, and some will give you stuff.

Finally, there's money. When you're going to face a gym, focus on potions and status cures. If you're going down a route, take some pokeballs.

That's all the advice I have to offer.

ArceusGod
05-26-2007, 11:16 PM
welcome to the forums, get piplup, i pass the E4/championwith him:cool:
:cool:

Haelleah
05-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Welcome :happy:

I've got a snippet of advice as well--don't use all of the TMs you get right away, you might need them later, and some can be acquired only once in the game.

kadeon
05-27-2007, 02:10 AM

me too

Ninja_killer
05-27-2007, 02:30 AM
use my team IT OWNS!!!!!!! :goofy:

Infernape
Garchomp
Honchkrow
Gyarados
Spiritomb
Electivire

dragonfire