PDA

View Full Version : Palkia Question

Garchomp9
05-28-2007, 10:47 PM
How do most people use him? I'm not sure what to do with him. I have an Adamant one and a Modest one both from my Pearl Version. I see he learns Bulk Up, but not anything that will up his Special Attack. I am just wondering if I should use him as a special sweeper or a physical one... or if I should just not use him at all and trade one or both of them away...

Got_Ganlon
05-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Palkia has a higher S.Atk and with the appropriate EV training, it can easily top out above 400. Palkia makes an especially good physical sweeper with its only weakness being Dragon type. This can be countered by tutoring Palkia to learning Draco Meteor (S.Atk). I might suggest giving it other moves like Surf, IceBeam, and Thunderbolt and making good use of the Lustrous Orb.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
05-29-2007, 04:03 AM
No Draco Meteor here. It lowers your Sp. Atk by 2 levels after each use. Here's the best set:

Nature: Modest
Item: Lustrous Orb
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd
- Spacial Rend (Kills Dragon and hits most other types hard)
- Surf (Kills Fire, Rock, and Ground)
- Aura Sphere (Kills Normal, Ice, Rock, Steel, and Dark)
- Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Earth Power
(T-Bolt kills Water and Flying, Flamethrower kills Grass, Bug, Steel, and Ice, and Earthpower kills Rock, Electric, Fire, and Steel. I recommend T-Bolt overall as Water and Flying types are more popular than Grass and Bug, but the option is yours.)