Anyone like it? I love this kind of music

VenusaurTrainer
10-03-2004, 01:48 AM
Yes I love it, My favorite rappers are:

Kanya West
Young Buck
Lloyd Banks
Lil Jon

My favorite rap song at the moment is Kockin Heads Off by Lil Jon and Jadakiss and Let Me In by Young Buck.

AJ2590
10-05-2004, 09:34 PM
I don't see why people say rap is a "bad influence". It's stupid :dazed:

Alakazam
10-05-2004, 09:51 PM
I don't see why people say rap is a "bad influence". It's stupid :dazed:

It is a bad influence, for the most part.

Top three themes of rap "songs" (rap isn't music. Period. I've proven it before on the old forum):

-violence
-drugs
-sex

Rap is worthless filth.

Hydros
10-06-2004, 12:52 AM
I like rap. My favorite rapper is Kanye West :biggrin:

AJ2590
10-07-2004, 09:27 PM

Top three themes of rap "songs" (rap isn't music. Period. I've proven it before on the old forum):

-violence
-drugs
-sex

Rap is worthless filth.
There are some that are bad, but that's no reason to say that ALL rap is senseless. And basically, almost every type of music can have a bad influence, but at times, other music does worse than Rap.

Alakazam
10-08-2004, 02:29 AM
There are some that are bad, but that's no reason to say that ALL rap is senseless. And basically, almost every type of music can have a bad influence, but at times, other music does worse than Rap.

All of what I've heard is.

VenusaurTrainer
10-08-2004, 03:05 AM
Well if you ever heard what rap was like when it first came out you would know that rap isn't all nasty. :P

Shael
10-08-2004, 04:16 AM
Personally I hate rap. But hey, there are people that hate my kind of music (Jpop, Kpop, C/TPop, classical). The thing that bugs me is how rap is classified as music.

But rap isn't the worst stuff there is...heavy metal such as Slipknot is much worse than rap. I mean at least rap has a distinguishable beat, although no melody. Heavy metal is just...X____X

So yeah, I hate rap, but I respect people's opinions. And who knows, there just may be some rap out there that isn't just plain nonsense. Just so long as it isn't classified as music I'm fine =)

AJ2590
10-10-2004, 02:01 PM
So yeah, I hate rap, but I respect people's opinions. And who knows, there just may be some rap out there that isn't just plain nonsense. Just so long as it isn't classified as music I'm fine =)
There is rap that isn't nonsense. And some of those don't have any curses neither. Some of them can really be influetial.

And yeah. It's not really music. It's more like street poetry.

AJ2590
10-11-2004, 08:54 PM
But still just because there are more senseless rap than good ones, doesn't mean you have to call the whole catergory a "bad influence" :rolleyes:

LolJolteonMaster
10-12-2004, 02:21 PM
I only like few rap songs. I lean more towards Hip Hop and R&B. Go Beyonce! Go Usher. I kinda like Lloyd Banks, but only one of his songs, On Fire. I also agree with Alakazam. Most of it is filth, but there are a few exceptions.

Agent Orange
10-13-2004, 12:22 AM

-violence
-drugs
-sex

Rap is worthless filth.

Agreed. I have yet to find a rap song that has not turned me away, which is unfourtunate because I hear that some rap is quite good.

Tamer Marco
10-15-2004, 02:15 AM
Agreed. I have yet to find a rap song that has not turned me away, which is unfourtunate because I hear that some rap is quite good. Well, I feel sorry for you, and Ala. :ermm: Rap is NOT tasteless filth. Some rap is good, while some rap is bad (like rock, trust me :rolleyes:). Every type music has it's ups and downs, and rap is no exception. But some people want rap to be good, while others want it to be worthless filth.

I think some rap songs like "you want my goodies!" are womanizing, worthless, trash. But believe me, all rap isn't bad.

VenusaurTrainer
10-15-2004, 02:26 AM
Yeah also rap is the best music to dance to. You cant get your grove on while listening to Linkin Park. =P

LolJolteonMaster
10-15-2004, 02:07 PM
Silly DL! It's called, "My Goodies", and I like that song! *flushes DL down the toilet*

Tamer Marco
10-18-2004, 12:00 AM
Well, it's like all she says is "my goodies, you want my goodies" so I misunderstood the tittle. :ermm:

Lol VT. Thats true.

Alakazam
10-23-2004, 07:41 PM
Well if you ever heard what rap was like when it first came out you would know that rap isn't all nasty. :P

I have heard it, and I don't like it. Though its undeniably better than the trash that exists today, I still think its sounds horrible.

Raine
10-23-2004, 08:01 PM
Heh, the only good rappers today are D12, and Eminem. I don't much go for thug rhyming but they're actually good at it and are especially good when they're not thugging.

And there's alot of DEATH METAL listeners talking down about rap. DM is more trash than rap and R&B put together.

Cutey Ampharos
10-23-2004, 09:06 PM
Well, IN MY OPINION, I think Rap is Crap without the C!

I think it's just people talking with a beat and it's senseless.

There is one thing thats right about it. I think that the problems these people put into there songs tell people what they shouldn't do and stuff, it's like a lesson.

Anyway, that's my opinion!

Raine
10-24-2004, 02:18 PM
There is one thing thats right about it. I think that the problems these people put into there songs tell people what they shouldn't do and stuff, it's like a lesson.

Heh, well some are just shamefull bastards trying to say they're hard and that can make rap seem senseless when you are listening to the radio and here the same topic rhyme in and rhyme out. But that's where certain songs like 'Breath' come in. And I know a rapper that would change some of you people's oppinions about rap: JayZ. He's retired recently but consider buying his album and listen to 'Moment of Clarity'. It's a pretty good song. He's in alot of people's oppinions one of the toughest rhymers in hip hop and I don't mean literaly tough either, just so I don't give out the wrong idea. :wink:

Alakazam
10-24-2004, 09:40 PM
Well, IN MY OPINION, I think Rap is Crap without the C!

I think it's just people talking with a beat and it's senseless.

I concur. In fact, there was a thread at the old forum called "Rap, Crap without the C?". And, if I remember correctly, I sucessfully proved that Rap isn't music.

Raine
10-24-2004, 10:19 PM
I concur. In fact, there was a thread at the old forum called "Rap, Crap without the C?". And, if I remember correctly, I sucessfully proved that Rap isn't music.
I think uh...she wasn't it? Whatever, I think she was just saying that rap isn't crap. But who knows I'm not in her brain right now.

Alakazam
10-24-2004, 11:07 PM
I think Rap is Crap without the C!

Uh...no, I don't think she was. :wink:

Hydros
10-25-2004, 11:50 PM
I personally think rap is great! :happy: But I agree that not all rap is good. But u shoudent attack rap as if all of it is bad.

Thanatos
10-26-2004, 12:29 PM
Hmm...time for my 42 cents....

-violence
-drugs
-sex

Rap is worthless filth.

Not all, look at the Beastie Boys, they rap about anything and everything! However that's more hiphop.

Yeah also rap is the best music to dance to. You cant get your grove on while listening to Linkin Park. =P

You make a point, but while i listen to music i prefer to sit still, and take it ALL in. I will agree rap (or some) is catchy, but i prefer music i can get lost in. Not like trance music, but Music to me is the escape.

And there's alot of DEATH METAL listeners talking down about rap. DM is more trash than rap and R&B put together.

Incorrect my friend. I will admit, I am a Metal fan. This is more because of the way my family is musically oriented. Guitars and drums are big here, so rap is sorta out of this home. However your argument has no point to it. Death Metal is about a whole lot of issues. If you refer to slipknot as bad, try listening to the new album, Vol.3! It's incredibly musically oriented, much more refined then the previous 2 albums.

Overall, Metal will always hate Rap, Pop will always hate Metal, and all genres will hate EMO :tongue:

I don't like rap. I think that most of the mainstream rappers are doing wrong. Look at the J-Kwon song/film clip. The song promotes drinking, and says the same lyrics over and OVER! I HATE THIS SONG! Then the filmclip. It shows a "good boy" stereotype. Then, when the parents leave, its throw on the Bling, invite the homeys over, to underage drink.

Overall, Metal/Rock is more musically oriented, and better, but this is my opinion. Obviously people who like to dance will often like techno. People who like to head-bang like metal.

Some of the underground rap is good, but eminem, 50 cent, and all these mainstream rappers are a bad influence. Metal is usually hidden from a younger audience, and therefore it doesnt do as much damage to the younger minds.

AJ2590
10-26-2004, 08:43 PM
I think some rap songs like "you want my goodies!" are womanizing, worthless, trash.
Uh..."Goodies" isn't rap. It's R&B because the person who singing it (Ciara) isn't a rapper.

Some of the underground rap is good, but eminem, 50 cent, and all these mainstream rappers are a bad influence.
50 Cent I agree. But Eminem sometimes act stupid. But he is influential in a few ways

But I agree that not all rap is good. But u shoudent attack rap as if all of it is bad.
I agree. Just because you hear bad rap, doesn't mean you should say the whole genre is bad. If it was, all of rap would be bad.

Animefan1291
10-26-2004, 09:36 PM
Rap is awesome! I don't see how you can hate on rap. I love songs like Lean Back and Just Lose It.
I agree with ya, VT, it is the best to dance to. You could never dance to crap like country music and classical music. :tongue:

Shael
10-26-2004, 11:10 PM
Rap is awesome! I don't see how you can hate on rap. I love songs like Lean Back and Just Lose It.

I agree with ya, VT, it is the best to dance to. You could never dance to crap like country music and classical music. :tongue:

Ever heard of WALTZES??? Apparently not.

Retards
Attempting
Poetry

AJ2590
10-26-2004, 11:50 PM
Retards
Attempting
Poetry
You and a millions others. :rolleyes: Very original :tongue:

VenusaurTrainer
10-27-2004, 12:21 AM
Meh you all just say rap is bad but have nothing to back it up. Anyway heavy metal music is so pointless its just a bunch of punks mad at there dad. You can even hear there music over all of there screaming.

Alakazam
10-27-2004, 12:26 AM
Yup, rap is right down there with Death Metal. :wink:

VenusaurTrainer
10-27-2004, 12:30 AM
Yup, rap is right down there with Death Metal. :wink:

So your saying that rappers are satan worshipers and scream so loud you cant even hear the beat?

Alakazam
10-27-2004, 03:26 AM
So your saying that rappers are satan worshipers and scream so loud you cant even hear the beat?

No, I'm saying that the quality of music for both genres is just as low. They're different, but both crap, IMHO.

Thanatos
10-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Meh you all just say rap is bad but have nothing to back it up. Anyway heavy metal music is so pointless its just a bunch of punks mad at there dad. You can even hear there music over all of there screaming.

That is just a stereotypical view. Listen to other Metal, some of it has absolutely nothing to do with family issues. However, issues can be the main viewpoint of the music..

However you have to think back to eminem, and I quote

"The world is my therapist"

Boo Hoo, death metal (and i will point out death metal is not about issues, much more about darkness and death, sorta gothic) is mad at their fathers? Look at eminem, I'll laugh.

Music can be just about anything. Whatever you feel like.

I think that this argument will never end, so I won't try and end it. Music is about choice. And you people take your rap and enjoy...I'll go back to my music.....(goes back to listening to Hatebreed)...

Alakazam
10-27-2004, 11:26 AM
That is just a stereotypical view. Listen to other Metal, some of it has absolutely nothing to do with family issues. However, issues can be the main viewpoint of the music..

However you have to think back to eminem, and I quote

"The world is my therapist"

Boo Hoo, death metal (and i will point out death metal is not about issues, much more about darkness and death, sorta gothic) is mad at their fathers? Look at eminem, I'll laugh.

Music can be just about anything. Whatever you feel like.

I think that this argument will never end, so I won't try and end it. Music is about choice. And you people take your rap and enjoy...I'll go back to my music.....(goes back to listening to Hatebreed)...

Right, but Rap isnt' actually music. :wink:

AJ2590
10-27-2004, 09:04 PM
OK. We know rap isn't music to you. But it's called music and gonna have to deal with it.

BTW, what point really did you say about rap isn't music?

Alakazam
10-27-2004, 09:41 PM
OK. We know rap isn't music to you. But it's called music and gonna have to deal with it.

BTW, what point really did you say about rap isn't music?

It was in a thread entitled "Rap, Crap without the C?" in the Other Entertainment Board on the old Proboards PE2K.

And, it's not just my opinion; rap doesn't fall under the definition of music.

AJ2590
10-28-2004, 01:32 AM
Ok But what did you say?

Thanatos
10-28-2004, 07:34 AM
Uhh, he didn't say anything, he typed it....

Just go back and read it.

Alakazam
10-28-2004, 01:27 PM
Uhh, he didn't say anything, he typed it....

Just go back and read it.

No, no, I think he wants to know what was in the old thread.

Well, I stated that rap wasn't music, and after many people yelling at me, and pulled apart the four elements of music from the Merriam-Webster Dictionary and showed the rap either 1) doesn't include the four elements or 2) the four elements are present, but barely there.

Maybe someone has it archived...

Zenaku
10-28-2004, 05:39 PM
Maybe someone has it archived...
Alakazam, I very much doubt that. Most peoples cache's are set to clear after 20 days.

Personally, I don't mind rap. There are some rap song's I like, but most rappers overdo their song's with swearing, to the point you can't be bothered to listen to them. EMINEM & D12's latest song's don't have that much swearing in, so they're easier to listen to.

As for musical taste, I prefer rock. Linkin Park, Metallica, etc. I listen to any kind of rock, and prefer it over rap (Though I prefer rap over pop or R&B a lot more). It's all down to taste; rock music, rap songs, or whatever.

Alakazam
10-28-2004, 09:05 PM
Alakazam, I very much doubt that. Most peoples cache's are set to clear after 20 days.

I realize that, but some people have saved old PE2K pages to their computer, from the old proboards forum. So, though the possibility IS low, it's higher than you think. :wink:

VenusaurTrainer
10-28-2004, 11:23 PM
Might I ask what are the four elements of music?

Hydros
10-29-2004, 02:09 PM
It not really that big of a deal, some people like rap, and some people dont.

And I think all of u are talking about hip hop, not rap.
Rap-poetry
Hip Hop-has a rap flow, but isnt rap

AJ2590
10-29-2004, 11:46 PM
Hip Hop-has a rap flow, but isnt rap
Well, sort of.

Rap & Hip Hop have the same flow of talking. But mostly the beats from the genres are different.

Alakazam
10-30-2004, 12:31 AM
Might I ask what are the four elements of music?

Certainly. As defined by both the Merriam-Webster and American Heritage Dictionaries, the four elements that define music are as follows:

-melody
-harmony
-rhythym
-timbre

I guess I'll just replicate my argument from before, then.

Rap has simple melodies in the background, but they're not the focus and are often taken from existing music (and, no I'm not implying that rap is music too; it would just sound wierd any other way). How can it have much harmony if there's just talking and simple music in the background? Rythym is the only thing's rap's acutally got much of from the list. And timbre is nonexistant in rap.

AJ2590
10-30-2004, 01:05 AM
Well, there has been a number of rap songs with melody & harmony. And yeah, rhythym is in a lot of rap songs. As for timbre, there is in some rap songs, as you said, it's taken from other existing music. And that's what timbre is.

VenusaurTrainer
10-30-2004, 01:30 AM
Well since it has rythem and its one of the four elements of music then I guess RAP is MUSIC.

AJ2590
10-31-2004, 01:00 AM
Guess so. :)

ElimN8
10-31-2004, 02:04 AM
Rap isn't music, huh? Alright, let's define "music" then, for everyone, not just privately.

mu·sic (myōōzĭk)
n.

1. The art of arranging sounds in time so as to produce a continuous, unified, and evocative composition, as through melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre.
2. Vocal or instrumental sounds possessing a degree of melody, harmony, or rhythm.

A musical composition.
The written or printed score for such a composition.
Such scores considered as a group: We keep our music in a stack near the piano.
4. A musical accompaniment.
5. A particular category or kind of music.
6. An aesthetically pleasing or harmonious sound or combination of sounds: the music of the wind in the pines.

It's got your four elements there, but notice how it states "as through melody, harmony, rhythm, and timbre." This in no way implicates that in order for a piece to qualify as music, it must firstly meet all four criteria.

You also neglect the other half of the definition. Rap, as all pieces of this genre contain sequential sounds in continuous, unified, or evocative composition, must, therefore, be music, lest the actual meaning of "music" be completely distorted.

Let's take it a step further, though, and define the term "rap" itself:

rap (răp)
n.

1. Slang. A talk, conversation, or discussion.
A form of popular music developed especially in African-American urban communities and characterized by spoken or chanted rhyming lyrics with a syncopated, repetitive rhythmic accompaniment.
A composition or performance of such music.

intr.v. rapped, rap·ping, raps
Slang. To discuss freely and at length.
To perform rap music.

As you can see, the term "music" is included as definitive vocabulary towards the concept of rap, and thus, by means of reflexivity, rap is indeed, music.

Alakazam
10-31-2004, 02:05 AM
Well since it has rythem and its one of the four elements of music then I guess RAP is MUSIC.

No, not at all. Music has ALL FOUR qualities. If I yell at the top of my lungs, it has timbre. Does that make it music? Certainly not.

VenusaurTrainer
10-31-2004, 02:18 AM
But if it even has 1 element of music it still is MUSIC. I agree highly Nate.

Alakazam
10-31-2004, 11:11 AM
Yeah, I suppose you're right. The problem is that you can't objectively state that something is or isn't music. Since whether or not something contains any of the elements of music is subjective. So, I digress.

If I think that rap isn't music, that I am correct. However if you all think that it is music, than you are also correct.

ElimN8
11-01-2004, 09:22 PM
If whether or not something contains any of the elements of music is purely subjective, then how does the "Music" section of electronic stores even exist?

The truth is: Rap is music. You can not deny that; it is a fact because it is globally recognized as a musical genre. Saying "________ isn't music" is just an exaggeration used to express personal dislike of that particular form of music. There's no factuality in a matter of opinion.

Alakazam
11-01-2004, 10:59 PM
If whether or not something contains any of the elements of music is purely subjective, then how does the "Music" section of electronic stores even exist?

The truth is: Rap is music. You can not deny that; it is a fact because it is globally recognized as a musical genre. Saying "________ isn't music" is just an exaggeration used to express personal dislike of that particular form of music. There's no factuality in a matter of opinion.

Music sections of stores that which is considered by the majority to be music.

You can't just say "___ is music". There is just as little "factuality", as you call it, in that statement as there is in "___ is NOT music."

Yes, I can deny that rap is music. Fact only dwells within the human mind. If a minorty doesn't think that it's music that it's not (to us). It, of course, doesn't change the reality of others, but that doesn't matter. You can't force the thoughts of the majority on all.

To believe that something isn't music is just as rational as believing that something isnt' music. No, I stand by it. I don't think rap is music. I'll no longer argue about it, since, like I've said there can be no objectivity in this matter.

Do you expect me to accept something just because it's a popular belief? Think about it before you answer.

VenusaurTrainer
11-01-2004, 11:14 PM
One question Zam have you ever listened to some rappers lyrics closely, some can bring tears to peoples eyes. And most rappers rap about the way the were raised and how hard their parents were on them.

Alakazam
11-01-2004, 11:16 PM
One question Zam have you ever listened to some rappers lyrics closely, some can bring tears to peoples eyes. And most rappers rap about the way the were raised and how hard their parents were on them.

Don't get me wrong, VT. I realize that there are some meaningful lyrics out there (and yes I have heard some of them). The thing is, I jsut don't find it to be music. The "songs" with meaningful lyrics would make good poetry, IMO, but not music. That's just how I feel about it.

I will try to be less caustic about it though; I guess its just the bottom-of-the-barrel rap filth that taints it all and enrages me. >_<

VenusaurTrainer
11-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Like the D12 song How Come he raps about how many times he as been rejected in life.

ElimN8
11-02-2004, 01:57 AM
Music sections of stores that which is considered by the majority to be music.

You can't just say "___ is music". There is just as little "factuality", as you call it, in that statement as there is in "___ is NOT music."
Factuality is the nominal form of factual, if you were attempting grammatical criticism.

And no, falsehood resides only in personal opinion independant of substantial evidence. My statement is one based on publically applicable truths, and therefore is objective. Your statement, however, is founded upon a personal notion that rap does not meet up to musical standards.

Yes, I can deny that rap is music. Fact only dwells within the human mind. If a minorty doesn't think that it's music that it's not (to us). It, of course, doesn't change the reality of others, but that doesn't matter. You can't force the thoughts of the majority on all.
Fact only dwells within the human mind; true, but then how the hell do we know what is music and what isn't? It may be that 40% think rap is music, 45% think it isn't, and 15% can't decide. It still retains musical properties, and is marketable enough that it qualifies for a place in CD shelves across the world. That's not using a majority ruling. Its musical distribution is based on it having enough congruity to be distributed as such.

To believe that something isn't music is just as rational as believing that something isnt' music. No, I stand by it. I don't think rap is music. I'll no longer argue about it, since, like I've said there can be no objectivity in this matter.
You are no longer able to argue about it, since there is objectivity (as I've presented), you just refuse to believe it.

Do you expect me to accept something just because it's a popular belief? Think about it before you answer.
Of course not, but the difference here is that the "belief", regardless of popularity is, in actuality, fact, since it can be proven.

I will try to be less caustic about it though; I guess its just the bottom-of-the-barrel rap filth that taints it all and enrages me. >_<
You can't judge an entire genre as tainted based on the filth of some of its songs. I understand what you're saying though; predominant condonation of weapons, drugs, and sex certainly doesn't help its image. They're all real issues however, and though a lot of people out there are uncomfortable with it, to ban it would be artistically limiting. I personally do not believe that our youth should be encouraged ito perform illicit acts, but I also know that after hearing some of these messages myself, I have no intention of following suite. It all depends on the impressionability and/or maturity of the subjected individual. Most of what you hear shouldn't be taken seriously.

Alakazam
11-02-2004, 02:13 AM
And no, falsehood resides only in personal opinion independant of substantial evidence. what substantial evidence do you have? My statement is one based on publically applicable truths, and therefore is objective. public opinion does NOT equal objectivity. If 70% of Americans believed that Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11, would it become objective fact? Your statement, however, is founded upon a personal notion that rap does not meet up to musical standards. That's true, and your opinion is based up on a personal notion that is does meet up to standards. One belief isn't more accurate or superior to the other.

Fact only dwells within the human mind; true, but then how the hell do we know what is music and what isn't? Each person must decide that. There is a fine line between music and chaotic noise that cannot be defined objectively. It may be that 40% think rap is music, 45% think it isn't, and 15% can't decide. It still retains musical properties in some people's opinions, not mine, and is marketable enough that it qualifies for a place in CD shelves across the world. Just because its marketed as music doesn't define it as such for everyone That's not using a majority ruling. Its musical distribution is based on it having enough congruity to be distributed as such.

You are no longer able to argue about it, since there is objectivity (as I've presented), you just refuse to believe it. The only attempt you have made that resembles objectivity is the statement that common opinion becomes objective, which is just not true. Do I refuse to believe that rap is music? Yes. Am I ignoring fact? No.

Of course not, but the difference here is that the "belief", regardless of popularity is, in actuality, fact, since it can be proven. You can prove that rap is music? I think not. You can no better prove that rap is music than I can disprove it. It is a belief, and trying to prove it is futile.

You can't judge an entire genre as tainted based on the filth of some of its songs. I understand what you're saying though; predominant condonation of weapons, drugs, and sex certainly doesn't help its image. They're all real issues however, and though a lot of people out there are uncomfortable with it, to ban it would be artistically limiting. I personally do not believe that our youth should be encouraged ito perform illicit acts, but I also know that after hearing some of these messages myself, I have no intention of following suite. It all depends on the impressionability and/or maturity of the subjected individual. Most of what you hear shouldn't be taken seriously.The specific remark of mine that you're replying to was one I meant to be a bit of a confession, a thing that I accept I have done in the past that I realizer was riddled with folly.

See bolded comments.

AJ2590
11-03-2004, 12:37 AM
Ok I'm a bit confused;

If you said:
And timbre is nonexistant in rap.

Than how can you say:
If I yell at the top of my lungs, it has timbre.
-------------------------------
And another thing. You say that rap doesn't have all four elements of music. Well, I concur with that;

Examples of medolic rap songs:
Thugz Mansion - Tupac & Nas
Thug Holiday - Trick Daddy
Westside - TQ

Examples of harmonic rap songs:
Best Friend - P. Diddy
My Brother - Styles P
I Miss You - DMX

Examples of rhythmic rap songs:
Basically any rap song....:P

Examples of timbre rap songs:
Basically any rap song....:P

Tamer Marco
11-03-2004, 12:46 AM
I really hate to post this, since Rap is my favorite type of music, but:

Yesterday, in my music class, we learned about the propreties of music (ironic huh?). Timbre, Harmony, Rhythm etc. We we're about to watch a German video called Danse Macbre, but before he put it in, I asked him if Rap was really music. Some people think (didn't mention my forumlife) that Rap isn't music, because it doesn't have all four propreties of music. He said, yes rap isn't music because like you said it doesn't have all four propreties. Also, most rap is sampled from other songs, so it's not music.

=(

Sudo
11-06-2004, 10:14 AM
if you think raps bad listen to oLd SkoOl PuNk! e.g undertones,sexpistols,the clash and so on :confused:

Thanatos
11-06-2004, 12:32 PM
Grammar Sudowoodo, LEARN IT!

Old School punk is great!

As for staying on topic, I don't like rap, but music is what you make it, so if you do enjoy the genre, then by all means, go ahead :biggrin:

Tamer Marco
11-06-2004, 08:13 PM
Well, no one has replied to my answer. I still believe that Rap is music, but it's not the same music. Like, a different style.

AJ2590
11-21-2004, 06:56 PM
Yeah. It's just has talking. That's how it's diferent.

Tamer Marco
11-21-2004, 06:59 PM
Yeah. It's just has talking. That's how it's diferent. Yep. And it has a nice rhythm (most songs) which makes it enjoyable, even though that it mostly is only talking.

Fayt
11-22-2004, 01:53 AM
Yeah I mostly like rap for the rythem and the high level of bass it sometimes gives without having to have this guy screaming his head off with it like with some punk, rock, etc. I do perfer punk and rock but I like rap for when I'm driving except in high traffic.

Tamer Marco
11-27-2004, 12:00 AM
Lol. I've never heard someone in Rap scream at the top of his lungs, but it's gotten loud before.

Thanatos
11-27-2004, 03:15 AM
I don't like the way Rap seems to bunch up together. Like the whole sentence rattled off and you can't understand.

I guess I'm just strange XD

Half a Dollar
11-27-2004, 03:20 AM
Of course I love Rap. I like all kinds of Rap. Specially crunk...

YEAHHHHHHHHH!

WHATTTTTTTTTTT?

OKAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!