PDA

View Full Version : Poke'mon Adventure

patchfur
05-29-2007, 02:16 AM
Alright, first off, my nick-name's Lily. I'm new, so I really don't know anybody, but I'm not new to RPing, or writing, in fact I want to be an author, so...Let's hope this is a good Rp, and I look forward to RPing with you all!

Rules:

1) No powerplaying/Gmodding. Cha'll know what this is, I hope. Just don't do it.

2) Minimum cussing. You know the drill.

3) Respect one another

Alright, and now the plot!

PLOT:

Long ago, humans didn't bother with poke'mon. In fact, they barely knew they existed. But they did. The poke'mon stayed in their wild habitats, but the time came when the humans began taking too much of their land. They rebelled and attacked. The humans soon lost the war, obviously. But poke'mon were always fairly peaceful creatures back in that time, and soon a treaty was formed between the two races. The poke'mon would accompany the humans, and the humans would live peacefully with them, also. However, now Team Fang is trying to turn the poke'mon against the humans once more. Based in Sinnoh...

Bio Form:

Name-
Age-
Gender-
Starter Poke'mon-(not nessacarily an official starter)
History-
Looks -
Personality -

Example Bio:

Name-Lily
Age-10
Gender-female
Starter Poke'mon-Chimchar
History- Lily's mother was a kind of nomad, always moving about and never settling in one town. When Lily was first born, her mother stopped in Twinleaf town. She didn't want to stay, though, and left Lily with a family she had grown close to in the three months she stayed. Lily was raised as their family, and when she turned ten she got her started pokemon, chimchar.
Looks - Lily has red hair, which she has dyed black at the tips and hazel-ish colored eyes. Her ears are pierced, and she normally wears black. Her favorite colors are actually yellow, black, and pink. She is about 5'7", perhaps a little shorter.
Personality - Lily is a normally nice girl, but when you push her her temper flares. She is slightly bi-polor, having large moodswings for no apparent reason. Her personality depends on the day, somedays she's quiet and nice, other days she can be vicious. Some days she's a mixture of both. Her anger is horrible, she can injured people when she gets mad and not mean to.

Xlugon Pyro
05-29-2007, 02:54 AM
I'll join, but I need to know some information. What's the maximum number of members that can join? I hope there is a limit. I'll reserve a spot.

Name - Xue Kyuei
Age - 14
Gender - Female
Starter Poke'mon -
History -
Looks -
Personality -

I'll finish it up later. I want to see others sign-up before I get an idea of what I want.

I also have a fun adventure RP much like yours if you want to prove your writing skills. It's called P3K I: Return of the Legends. Though you'll need to read my first post and be very descriptive of your character. I REALLY need people to sign up for my RP, and nobody's joinen'. :(

Opolious
05-29-2007, 05:08 AM
Save me a spot too.Also other person i tried to sign up for your rp but you failed me.Also that was before oyu added the other towns avalible.No one is joining because of how strict you are.I should at least get another chance now that i know what towns i can come from which is why i failed before.

Lord Fedora
05-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Save me a spot too.Also other person i tried to sign up for your rp but you failed me.Also that was before oyu added the other towns avalible.No one is joining because of how strict you are.I should at least get another chance now that i know what towns i can come from which is why i failed before.

No, Opolus, yuou didn't fail because you didn't know hat towns there were, you failed because you didn't read it, you just skimmed it, and barely, otherwise you would have seen the big sign that said "Do not make up your own towns". As for me, I don't intend to join this, instead I'm going to critique it.

Alright, first off, I'm Jessica. First rule of online anything, don't give away any personal information. Just wanted to point that out.

I'm new, so I really don't know anybody, but I'm not new to RPing, or writing, in fact I want to be an author, so...Let's hope this is a good Rp, and I look forward to RPing with you all! Okay, now that was fine. Excellent way to introduce yourself. I look forward to RPing with you as well, after I see a little improvement.

Rules:

1) No powerplaying/Gmodding. Cha'll know what this is, I hope. Just don't do it.

2) Minimum cussing. You know the drill.

3) Respect one another Okay, good rules. You might want a few more, but that's a good basic rule outline.

Alright, and now the plot! Unneccesary to say. People will probably get an idea that you're giving them the plot when the see the big old word

PLOT: But still, no harm no foul.

Long ago, humans didn't bother with poke'mon. In fact, they barely knew they existed. But they did. The poke'mon stayed in their wild habitats, but the time came when the humans began taking too much of their land. They rebelled and attacked. The humans soon lost the war, obviously. But poke'mon were always fairly peaceful creatures back in that time, and soon a treaty was formed between the two races. The poke'mon would accompany the humans, and the humans would live peacefully with them, also. Fairly good intro. I would make it a little longer, but again, nothing really bad. Now here's where I see a few problems.

Years after the war, a young girl, Lily, was born. Okay, BIG rule. You never make the RP all about your character. It's never good if it's all about you. Her mother was a gypsy who had only one poke'mon, a bellossom. And the Bellosom is interesting because... Lily was raised for ten years as a gypsy, but she always wanted more civilization than her mother could offer her. Again, don't make it all about your character. She went away to Twinleaf town. Okay, so she's in Sinnoh. You didn't think it might be a good idea to include that? Lily there started her poke'mon journey, with a chimchar. *points above at first and third points* However, a group of people were rising, turning the poke'mon against the humans once more, Who are these people? Why are they turning pokemon and humans against each other? How are they doing that? and it's only a matter of time before war breaks out again... Extremely cliched ending. There are people who could write books on "It's only a matter of time", that's how much they use it. Okay, so that's the ending of the plot, but unfortunately you're missing something. The all important "what the characters are supposed to be douing in this RP." That's super important, because if you don't have it the RPers don't know what to do, and you're never going to get a post. All in all this more looks like the description of a book that you find on the back then an RP plot. Now on to the form.

Bio Form:

Name-
Age-(Not nessacarily your own age)no duh it doesn't have to be your real age
Gender-
Starter Poke'mon-(not nessacarily an official starter)
History- (opt.) not a good idea to make it optional
Looks -
Personality -

All the stuff I noted is in bold.

Example Bio:

Name-Lily
Age-10
Gender-female
Starter Poke'mon I would jsut like to point out that the ' you include in pokemon is not neccesary-Chimchar
History- Read the plot...She found out about Team Fang who? Yuo nevetr mentioned a Team Fang., who are planning to start a war and take over the world. Oh, them. You should have mentioned their name in the plot.
Looks - Lily has red hair and hazel eyes. She stands about 5' 6" - 7" and weighs about 120 lbs. Okay, standards should never be this low. I'm all for low standard RPs so that the weaker writers have something to do, but this is ridiculous.
Personality - Lily is normally nice, but does have bi-polor-ish moments. Same as above
Again, in bold.

This starts right after what was described in the plot, Nothing was described in the plot. You just mentioned that Lily was in Twinleaf Town. I'm Lily. Usually your characer is the one in the example sign-up. You don't need to tell everyone. Please join in so we can start. Again, no duh. I'll start the actual RP when I have at least one more person... Too few people. Not a good idea. Usually you should wait until either you have at least three people, or if you have a maximum for the amount of characters you can have then you want to wait until that's filled, or you can set a time deadline where that will be when you start it, no sooner, no later. Oh, and PM me anything OC directed at me, and during the RP please put () around your OC and keep OC to a minimum. Thanks and have fun!

Everyone knows to put parenthesis around OOC posts (or just type OOC:), and to keep them to a minimum. That's basic rule of thumb.

Also, I would like to point out that as a basic rule on this site you have to join a few RPs around here before you are allowed to make one of your own. And that's all I've got. Later.

Opolious
05-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Saffron city is real.Look at first game map.Also here is my sign up.

Name:Opolious Korr
Starter Pokemon:Abra
History:Opolious's family lived in saffron city.Opolious's dad had been a great trainer.He taught Opolious how to battle and catch pokemon.When Opolious was 10 years old his father just disappeared.He went somwhere one day and never came back.Opolious swore to find his father.He studied up on pokemon. He tried to learn as much as possible.He learned the weaknessess and resistances by heart.His mother was a pokemon breeder.Opolious helped out his mom with it all the time.He liked to breed pokemon.As he set out on his quest to find his father.His quest lead him to TwinLeaf town.
Looks:Opolious has blond hair and blue eyes.He is 5ft and 1in.He weighs about 85 pounds.He is preety thin.During cold and in the middle days he wears a black sweat shirt with dark blue jeans.In warmer weather he wears baggy tan shorts and a red t-shirt.He always wears his black sneakers.He also has a blue back pack where he keeps his stuff for his journey.
Personality:Opolious is loving and caring. He is mean to people somtimes but not often.He is a born leader.Somtimes he is alittle to bossy though.He is usually shy and needs to be the one confronted to meet people.Once you are his friend he isnt shy against you or any of your other friends.Once you are friends Opolious is a great friend and you are friends forever.

Sry about Before.My laptop shut down.

Xlugon Pyro
05-29-2007, 09:29 PM

Saffron City is real, but if you read my whole first post, you'd find out the world was geographically altered so very little has stayed the same. Plus, I said, like Eeveeking notified, that members were NOT allowed to state their home town. Those I accepted did a great job, as one guy stated his family owned a resort up in the mountains but made NO reference as to where on the large island he lives, which is good. Saffron City is, in my RP, sunk anyway.

Lord Fedora
05-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Okay, no sign-up first of all, second, I know Saffron City is real, but that does not take place in the actual Kanto, in case the different nations weren't enough clue for you. There was no Saffron city, it is a different version of Kanto. Get with it.

Opolious
05-29-2007, 10:16 PM
i fixed sign up.It is slightly changed sign-up from other thing.

Linoone
05-31-2007, 01:54 AM
Name-Gabe Clark
Age-10
Gender-Male
Starter Poke'mon- Zigzagoon
History-When he was 5 he got his pokemon. He has an older brother that has many stronger pokemon. He wants to defeat his brother and catch all the pokemon
Looks - He has brown hair and brown eyes. He is short, about 4/5 inches and weighs 90 pounds.He wears a black cap and blackish purplish shirt and jeans.
Personality - He is sometimes selfish and funny. Usually nice.

patchfur
05-31-2007, 10:09 PM
I've decided not to do this RP, sorry!