PDA

View Full Version : Gallade or Infernape

Mr M
05-30-2007, 12:11 AM
I'm having a tough time choosing between these two for my team. Don't get me wrong they're both good, but I really want only one strong fighting type in my aresnal. So could any of you please tell me your opinions? That'd help me alot in my decision. :happy:

Hoshika
05-30-2007, 12:13 AM
I'm having a tough time choosing between these two for my team. Don't get me wrong they're both good, but I really want only one strong fighting type in my aresnal. So could any of you please tell me your opinions? That'd help me alot in my decision. :happy:

Gallade is a good choice for moveset variety. You can Move Tutor it Leaf Blade! That's a good substitute move for Close Combat, which only has 5 PP.

Infernape, however, is almost a mad powerhouse. You should know. =P

BladeTest
05-30-2007, 12:18 AM
For me, it always felt wierd either not having my starter on my team or to have more then one starter on my team. Both are very strong Pokemon, since I have both, personally at this moment I'd just flip a coin.

Mr M
05-30-2007, 12:19 AM
Gallade is a good choice for moveset variety. You can Move Tutor it Leaf Blade! That's a good substitute move for Close Combat, which only has 5 PP.

Infernape, however, is almost a mad powerhouse. You should know. =P

Yes I know that..But I also want Gallade's well rounded assortment of attacks..and well..Close Combat I'm keeping in since I gave it a PP max. Then again Infernape is powerful....but Gallade is half Psychic..Argh! I can't choose! Lol! :oops:

BladeTest
05-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Yes I know that..But I also want Gallade's well rounded assortment of attacks..and well..Close Combat I'm keeping in since I gave it a PP max. Then again Infernape is powerful....but Gallade is half Psychic..Argh! I can't choose! Lol! :oops:So is a Medicham, but both are strong Pokemon, so which ever you pick should be good for your team.

CMEW
05-30-2007, 12:23 AM
choose inferape because of blast burn and focus combat two strong moves:razz:

BladeTest
05-30-2007, 12:26 AM
choose inferape because of blast burn and focus combat two strong moves:razz:Focus Combat, what the heck is that! Blast Burn is an okay move because Infernape has ok HP, and probably take the next move the foe is going to dish out, but I'd go with Flare Blitz if you want a good fire move.

Hoshika
05-30-2007, 12:26 AM
choose inferape because of blast burn and focus combat two strong moves:razz:

No offense, but Blast Burn isn't worth it at all. >_>

Tell us the rest of the Pokémon in your party and we'll see what is best.

BladeTest
05-30-2007, 12:29 AM
No offense, but Blast Burn isn't worth it at all. >_>

Tell us the rest of the Pokémon in your party and we'll see what is best.I don't Hosika, I think the Blast Burn, Frenzy Plant, and Hydro Cannon are okay moves, but should only be used as a last resort, I taught Frenzy Plant to my Torterra. I've only used it few times. Only when it was really needed though.

DeidarasClay
05-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Hoshika's got a good point. Can we? I've been thinking Gallade so far, what with it's many Choicellade sets.

Rohypnol
05-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Gallade. But then again, I'm a very Physical type user.

Blast Burn sucks. So does Focus Blast...it missed five times in a row for me once...

Kenny
05-30-2007, 12:31 AM
Well, Infernape is faster than Gallade.

I'd use Infernape only because I already have a Psychic type in my team.

Mr M
05-30-2007, 12:32 AM
Hmm..well thanks for all the help..I may as well just try out Infernape for now and see how everything goes. :happy: But I prefer either Flamethrower or Fire Blast over Blast burn. But please feel free to keep posting on this thread! I'll check back on it every now and then.

DeidarasClay
05-30-2007, 12:42 AM
Oh dear god please no Fire Blasts. . .Anywayz! Good luck.

Mr M
05-30-2007, 12:52 AM
Oh dear god please no Fire Blasts. . .Anywayz! Good luck.

Lol! What's wrong with Fire Blast!? I always get a hit in. :happy:

Psychic Oats
05-30-2007, 12:54 AM
Gallade is leagues better, I think. Plus, Fire gives Infernape more weaknesses than Gallade.

not a nazi
05-30-2007, 01:06 AM
Gallade is leagues better, I think. Plus, Fire gives Infernape more weaknesses than Gallade.
gallade ftw!

4 word rule

Hoshika
05-30-2007, 01:27 AM
gallade ftw!

4 word rule

That also breaks a hidden rule of spammage. -.-

This is still going on, and we haven't even heard about the rest of the party? Oh dear.

You know Gallade ALSO earns Close Combat, right?

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/475/tmhm

A very convienent TM/HM learnset table.

ultimateDK
05-30-2007, 02:02 AM
Fire Blast is pretty good, given its higher accuracy than the different type counterparts (exit hydro pump, stage left). But I've always been a fan of flamethrower for its accuracy.

And I would 100% stick with Infernape, his move-pool is so diverse you can type trump in alot of ways, and with an expert belt he becomes even more deadly. May I suggest Grass Knot?

Gallade is just a tad more predictable than Infernape, and I personally don't like it's low Special Attack, I'm used to the Ralts family knowing thunderbolt or the like...

Mr M
05-30-2007, 03:37 AM
That also breaks a hidden rule of spammage. -.-

This is still going on, and we haven't even heard about the rest of the party? Oh dear.

You know Gallade ALSO earns Close Combat, right?

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/475/tmhm

A very convienent TM/HM learnset table.

Yes I do know that Gallade can learn Close Combat. Anyway..thanks for the link Hoshika!

PS I will NOT reveal my entire team till PBR. I tend to keep it under wraps. Though if any of you were paying attention to some of my posts..I've mentioned only two. :happy: