PDA

View Full Version : Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door

VenusaurTrainer
10-04-2004, 02:07 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v218/SapphireTiger/PaperMario.jpg
Credit goes to SapphireTiger for the banner.

I am making this a offical Paper Mario 2 thread dicuss anything related to Paper Mario 2 or if you need help in the game ask here.

GameCube sequel to the unique 2.5D roleplaying game for N64. Known as Mario Story 2 in Japan, Paper Mario 2 combines turn-based battles with action elements. You select commands from a command ring atop your characters' heads, such as jumping or swinging a hammer, then have to time yourself just right to defend or pull off maximum damage.

Throughout their adventure, Mario and friends find help in a few items and places. You can heal your party at an inn and purchase items at a shop, collect coins by defeating enemies, and buy new special abilities in a badge shop. Paper Mario 2 also features a lot of different mini games, such as a quiz show or the ability to control Bowser in a sidescrolling action sequence.

Paper Mario shuffles many surprises into the mix, but make no mistake the quest still kicks off with the traditional Peach polucking. This time the princess vanishes under even stranger circumstances than usual. When Peach sails to Rogueport, a rough town that attracts shadowy characters like flies, she finds a trasure map and promptly sends it off to Mario with a request to join her for advernture.

By the time he reaches Rogueport, Peach is gone, leaving Mario with only the map and a suspicion that if he follows it, he might find her. As you guide Mario on his adventure through the hub town and its connected realms, you will find that the game is stacked with the kind of stories that make for sensational headlines-and an RPG that will be soon much talked about.

Here's some pics I'll update on the pics as I get more.

http://www.yoshilore.com/Game_Features/images/PaperMario2/1.jpg

http://www.yoshilore.com/Game_Features/images/PaperMario2/2.jpg

http://www.yoshilore.com/Game_Features/images/PaperMario2/9.jpg

http://www.yoshilore.com/Game_Features/images/PaperMario2/16.jpg

LuigiWithCheese
10-04-2004, 04:39 AM
I can't wait either! It's gonna be so much fun! Since I didn't get the first one :rolleyes:

Nefarious
10-04-2004, 09:56 PM
Yep. This game is supposed to come out this month! At least for me. Anyway if you go to nintendo.com you can find a video of the game.

LuigiWithCheese
10-04-2004, 10:01 PM
I don't want to spoil anything! This game's gonna be as good as Superstar Saga! *Remembers seeing Luigi in a dress* :crackup:

Nefarious
10-06-2004, 11:10 PM
I don't want to spoil anything! This game's gonna be as good as Superstar Saga! *Remembers seeing Luigi in a dress* :crackup:

It comes out this month here! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Matthew
10-07-2004, 08:30 AM
I am so excited... I might buy it, but I am tight on money at the moment... one of these days, I gotta make an excel sheet to budget my money... I am short on hours at work and am starting to get low on cash... so I need to save save save for that car I am trying to get!

Nefarious
10-14-2004, 07:04 PM
It is out! At least over here it is. I haven't got it yet cause I don't have the money but November 1st I am officially going to own it. My little nephew's mom promised him 50 bucks for his birthday and he's gonna get the game but of course i'll be the first to play. It is going to be awesome. But why does November 1st have to be so far away. :sad:

I just found a great site that describes Paper Mario 2 a lot. It has a total of 124 screenshots and 4 trailors. Check it out:

http://cube.gamespy.com/gamecube/paper-mario-gcn/

Yggdrasill
10-22-2004, 06:44 PM
anyone know when it's out in the UK.

Nefarious
10-22-2004, 07:07 PM
anyone know when it's out in the UK.

Nope I have no idea.

Yggdrasill
10-22-2004, 07:12 PM
i've looked in lots of mags, but they all say different dates. :confused:

VenusaurTrainer
10-23-2004, 05:04 PM
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door will be released on 12 November 2004. Oh and I just got Yoshi for my partner in the game.

VenusaurTrainer
10-25-2004, 01:01 AM
Hate to double post but I have to update where I'm at I just finsihed chapter 5 and I loved it now on to 6!

Nefarious
10-25-2004, 07:54 PM
I still don't have it. But November 1st is only a little over a week away. *cries*

Nefarious
10-28-2004, 04:59 PM
I hate to double post but I want to know everyone's opinions on what your favorite chapter is and your favorite partner. I don't have the game yet but I still would like to know what you guys have to say. (just a few more days a way until I get it) *goes crazy from the intensity of my waiting period :goofy: *

VenusaurTrainer
10-29-2004, 12:13 AM
My favorite chapter was 3 because it was so long. My favorite partner is Yoshi and Bobbery.

Matthew
10-29-2004, 12:31 AM
Meh.... I have a sudden urge to play PM2 right now.... so adios muchachos!

VenusaurTrainer
10-29-2004, 12:33 AM
Ah the game is so great the storyline is so good and detailed.

Nefarious
10-29-2004, 12:37 AM
Kewl.

I saw Yoshi in a preview. But who's bobbery?

VenusaurTrainer
10-29-2004, 12:59 AM
He's a pirate Bomb-o with a cool mushtache.

Nefarious
10-29-2004, 01:01 AM
Oh kinda like bombette only a pirate. I noticed all of the partners in the second one have more of a personatlity to them.

VenusaurTrainer
10-29-2004, 01:52 AM
Yeah all the partners have a cool personility.

Thanatos
10-29-2004, 07:24 AM
Man, I want this game so badly, the first game was madness.

Anyone know the Australian release date?

Nefarious
10-30-2004, 02:15 AM
I don't know........But I finally got the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I have to say that it is awesome. I am still in Rogueport tho but I'll play some more. The thing is I stepped on some lady's contact lens and have to wait for one to come in from the item shop. :razz:

VenusaurTrainer
10-30-2004, 02:22 AM
Lol, congrats. I thought it was funny when I stepped on Zess T's contact.

Nefarious
10-30-2004, 03:14 AM
Lol, congrats. I thought it was funny when I stepped on Zess T's contact.

Ya I started cracking up. As soon as I walked it cracked. Lol.

VenusaurTrainer
10-30-2004, 03:19 AM
Lol, have you seen Luigi yet?

Nefarious
10-30-2004, 03:22 AM
Lol, have you seen Luigi yet?

Ya at the very beginning. But I haven't seen him since then.

VenusaurTrainer
10-30-2004, 03:24 AM
You'll see him once after you beat each chapter. So how do you like the battling system?

Nefarious
10-30-2004, 05:33 AM
You'll see him once after you beat each chapter. So how do you like the battling system?

I like it. It is like the old one only better. I like how there is an audience and you have to attack them sometimes. Plus I like how you can get bingo. yayyy. But I am in Hooktail Castle now. I'll play some more tomorrow. :wink:

VenusaurTrainer
10-30-2004, 05:48 AM
Hooktail Castle was great I loved it. How do you like Koops?

Nefarious
10-30-2004, 06:17 AM
Hooktail Castle was great I loved it. How do you like Koops?

Meeting him was kinda weird but he is cool. I like how he wears a shirt. And that was funny when his girl friend attacked mario and him. :crackup:

VenusaurTrainer
10-30-2004, 05:39 PM
I wonder why he has a band-aid on his beak.

Nefarious
10-30-2004, 06:22 PM
I wonder why he has a band-aid on his beak.

I have no idea. But I am on my way to Boggly Woods. Yayy. And I can now turn flat. :biggrin:

VenusaurTrainer
10-30-2004, 06:27 PM
I love the colors and the background in Boggly Woods.

Nefarious
10-30-2004, 09:09 PM
Ya I just got there and it is cool.

And I thought the part when you were bowser was really funny. He said he wanted to catch peach himself. Lol.

VenusaurTrainer
10-30-2004, 10:54 PM
Yeah I love playing as Boswer he is so funny.

Matthew
10-31-2004, 04:42 AM
Ya. That was an awesome part... though why you blow fire gets me thinking... can you play as him later on... or does he join forces with Mario!? who knows... maybe you do VT?

I just got to the part where I saved the elder in the giant tree.... trying to find the blue key now... I love Madame Flurrie XDXDXDXDX

VenusaurTrainer
10-31-2004, 04:59 AM
Yeah I know I beat the game already it was great. You can be Bowser after every chapeter. (SPOILERS)

He doesn't join you.

Nefarious
10-31-2004, 09:46 PM
Well on to chapter 3!

But I am stuck. Where do you find Francesca and Frankie? I've looked everywhere in rougeport and I wanted to ask here before going anywhere else.

And I love flurrie too. :biggrin:

Matthew
10-31-2004, 10:51 PM
Awesom! I am on Chapter 3 too.... How long does it take for the contact lense to come into the store.... stupid lady is in my way and I can't go west... XD

VenusaurTrainer
10-31-2004, 11:01 PM
ST: Francesca and Frankie are at the docks in Rogueport.

Matthew: Not long just walk around for a bit it will come in, the owner will be outside when it arrives.

The game was great now I'm working on the 100 pit of trials.

Nefarious
10-31-2004, 11:25 PM
Lol. I never even looked there. But I did it and now I am in Glitsville. Yayy.

VenusaurTrainer
11-01-2004, 03:52 AM
Lol nice, your about to get Yoshi. If you want a certin color ask and I'll explain how to get it.

Nefarious
11-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Lol nice, your about to get Yoshi. If you want a certin color ask and I'll explain how to get it.

You get to pick your own color Yoshi? Awesome! I definately want blue. But how?

VenusaurTrainer
11-01-2004, 11:45 PM
On the tenth battle in the arena you cant beat the guy so the longer you stay in the battle depnds on what color you get. For blue I think you need to stay in the battle for 5 mintues.

Nefarious
11-02-2004, 12:02 AM
On the tenth battle in the arena you cant beat the guy so the longer you stay in the battle depnds on what color you get. For blue I think you need to stay in the battle for 5 mintues.

Cool. Well I got blue. But I hate that little curl in it's hair. I wish I got green cause it has a cool hair dew. But oh well. Anyway I am on chapter 4 and in Twilight town.

And I think one of the funniest parts of chapter 3 is when Peach dresses up as an X-Naut. That was so funny. Can't to see which partner I get. (don't tell me) lol.

VenusaurTrainer
11-02-2004, 12:05 AM
Lol, my Yoshi was red, I named him Yoshi. ]:D

Nefarious
11-02-2004, 12:18 AM
What does he look like?

And I named mine Yosh.

VenusaurTrainer
11-02-2004, 12:23 AM
He has a green mohawk and has black pants. Oh and you wont be expecting who your next partner is. It even suprised me.

Nefarious
11-02-2004, 12:31 AM
He has a green mohawk and has black pants. Oh and you wont be expecting who your next partner is. It even suprised me.

Cool. I wish I got a different yoshi. But oh well. And I can't wait to see! :biggrin:

VenusaurTrainer
11-02-2004, 12:36 AM
Yeah I think there is 8 Yoshi colors, and I almost beat the Pit of 100 Trials but I died on floor 89.

Nefarious
11-02-2004, 12:44 AM
Yeah I think there is 8 Yoshi colors, and I almost beat the Pit of 100 Trials but I died on floor 89.

8 huh. I wish I could see them all. They probably have them somewhere on the internet. And I tried that pit of trials and won like 20 levels I think. I didn't know what it was at first but I thought it was getting me closer to Glitsville. Good thing I didn't do the whole thing.

VenusaurTrainer
11-02-2004, 12:47 AM
Lol, well the White Yoshi has the Dr E. Gadd hair.

Nefarious
11-02-2004, 12:52 AM
Lol, well the White Yoshi has the Dr E. Gadd hair.

Lol. I gotta see that one. Lol.

Matthew
11-02-2004, 01:37 AM
Awesome! I didn't know you could get a diffrent color yoshi... I thought it was only the plain generic green one... I will play tonight ehen I get home from work... I'll see you guys later tonight! Bye!

VenusaurTrainer
11-02-2004, 01:46 AM
Yeah I got a red but I wanted black they look much cooler.

Nefarious
11-02-2004, 02:14 AM
Black? Awesome! If I ever restart the game (which I probably will) I will have to know all yoshi colors and which one loks the best and how to get each.

VenusaurTrainer
11-02-2004, 02:16 AM
Yeah I either want Black or White.

Matthew
11-02-2004, 06:52 AM
I wish I knew what they all look like... .bah... time to play it now... night then.

Nefarious
11-02-2004, 09:38 PM
SPOILER BELOW: Do not read if you don't want to know your partner for chapter 4.

I can't believe I got vivian as a partner. that is so cool. And I was turned into a shadow.Lol. I though i was gonna get a boo as a partner or something but I never suspected vivian.

VenusaurTrainer
11-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Yeah I was wanting a Boo for a partner too. Spoilers

But at least I got a ghost.

Nefarious
11-03-2004, 12:28 AM
You still get a ghost as a partner? Don't tell me who. :wink:

VenusaurTrainer
11-03-2004, 12:40 AM
You still get a ghost as a partner? Don't tell me who. :wink:

You already have one SPOILER

Vivian

Nefarious
11-03-2004, 01:05 AM
oh I thought you meant some other ghost. Well i already encountered bobbery. I just have to get him to go with me. But I probably won't play anymore tonight. I have lots of homework.

VenusaurTrainer
11-03-2004, 01:07 AM
oh I thought you meant some other ghost. Well i already encountered bobbery. I just have to get him to go with me. But I probably won't play anymore tonight. I have lots of homework.

Lol, Bobbery is so funny I love the way he talks.

Nefarious
11-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Well I am now at Keelhaul Key. Bobbery hasn't joined me yet. But I have to find a bottle or something. And my new star power is so cool. Art Attack can lay on some serious damage. And it's easy to use.

VenusaurTrainer
11-05-2004, 12:12 AM
Yeah Art Attack kicks ass. Its attack count is high 15 or something.

Nefarious
11-05-2004, 12:33 AM
Yeah Art Attack kicks ass. Its attack count is high 15 or something.

Ya it is easier to do on smaller enemies but most hard enemies are big. But I defeated Cortez and have to beat Lord Grump. And Bobbery is funny like you said.

Nefarious
11-11-2004, 05:17 AM
Can't believe this thread was almost on the second page.

Anyway I am not in the thousand year door and searching for Peach. It is hard because I have low HP and practically get a game over every time I accidentally touch the revolving fire. And I have only one mushroom to heal. :tongue:

VenusaurTrainer
11-12-2004, 12:13 AM
Can't believe this thread was almost on the second page.

Anyway I am not in the thousand year door and searching for Peach. It is hard because I have low HP and practically get a game over every time I accidentally touch the revolving fire. And I have only one mushroom to heal. :tongue:

You can always go back and buy Mushrooms.

Nefarious
11-12-2004, 05:16 AM
You can always go back and buy Mushrooms.

ya that's true. But I don't feel like getting out. But I guess I have to.

VenusaurTrainer
11-12-2004, 09:13 PM
What level are you on? You also might have to train a bit.

Nefarious
11-13-2004, 04:01 AM
I'm in chapter 8. I'm in the thousand year door but managed to defeat enough enemies to gain enough star points to level up! So I got full hp and everything. I need to face gloomtail now. He is hard. Any strategies?

Nefarious
11-18-2004, 12:55 AM
Sorry to double post but I have a question.

I saw on the internet in several places that you can have up to seven partners. And I am already at the shadow queen and I only have six. It is obvious that I am not going to get another one. Is it possible that i somehow missed a partner? It seems almost impossible that i could miss a partner as they naturally meet you in the game without you even having to talk to them once.

VenusaurTrainer
11-18-2004, 02:26 AM
Sorry to double post but I have a question.

I saw on the internet in several places that you can have up to seven partners. And I am already at the shadow queen and I only have six. It is obvious that I am not going to get another one. Is it possible that i somehow missed a partner? It seems almost impossible that i could miss a partner as they naturally meet you in the game without you even having to talk to them once.

Yeah there's seven and you still can get it. Go to the troubles center and look at the name thats ???. Do that mission, you have to travel to Hooktail Castel and go where you fought Hooktail. Right in the center use Fluries blow and there will be a badge. Take it to the top of the Inn inj Rougeport and out the door to the left. Climb up on top of that cooks house that you broke her lense. There will be your next partner.

Thanatos
11-18-2004, 10:47 AM
OMG, It just came out today in Australia. You guys weren't lying, THIS GAME IS SO AWESOME!!! I'm currently up to Hooktail. How cool is koops? Ahhh...wonderful game. Everything I dreamed of.

VenusaurTrainer
11-19-2004, 12:05 AM
Told ya I just wish it was longer. But meh 30 hours is pretty long.

MystiKal
03-17-2005, 12:43 AM
Well I decided to revive this thread since I'm still playing Paper Mario 2 and I didnt want to make another thread. So what level is Mario on for you all?

Nefarious
03-17-2005, 12:56 AM
After I beat it I kinda got bored. But I'm planning to start over sometime soon.

Level? umm he has levels?

MystiKal
03-17-2005, 01:01 AM
Yeah look at your status screen anyway mines at level 47.