PDA

View Full Version : Scariest Moments In Video Games

Charbok
05-31-2007, 02:08 AM
Has there ever been an incredibly creepy or just plain scary moment in any video game? Or has there been a place in a game that you just never want to go to because it's so scary, but always do?
For me...
Thing(s): The Twili in Twilight Princess, The Ghost Ship in Windwaker and the Re-Dead in windwaker.
Place: The haunted level place in Banjo-Kazooie

PalkiaAndBlisseyrock
05-31-2007, 07:54 AM
Legend of Drakkan: The ancients gates
Where you have to go in that Dark place full of undead in Ravenshold... I had too get my dad too do it for me :redface:

A lot more.

ZadokRox
05-31-2007, 02:58 PM
The scariest moment in a video game was when I was playing 'Resident Evil 2' for the N64. My character walked by a boarded-up window when several zombie arms reached in to grab my character. That made me jump. :eek:

Larvinator
05-31-2007, 03:29 PM
I always get really tensed up in any Zelda game when the enemy music starts but I don't know where the hell the enemy is. =P

Negative Zone
05-31-2007, 03:37 PM
Dark Cloud where the Pricklys/King Pricklys jump down and scare the hell outa you. O_o

2wings
05-31-2007, 04:51 PM
R0fl... Devil May Cry. 'Nuff said.

Yggdrasill
05-31-2007, 09:42 PM
On the original Resident Evil, particularly when you're walking through a dark hallway with a single window.....and then about 3 Zombie dogs smash through them when you're least expecting it.
It didn't really scare me, it made me jump though. =P

karmachameleon
06-01-2007, 02:01 AM
When I was about six, I thought that when Bowser laughed in Mario 64 was just about the scariest thing ever. I would always run upsatirs and get my brother to get into the first level :redface:

Ketamine
06-01-2007, 02:08 AM
I was scared when I played Doom 4.

Kenny_C.002
06-01-2007, 02:19 AM
On the original Resident Evil, particularly when you're walking through a dark hallway with a single window.....and then about 3 Zombie dogs smash through them when you're least expecting it.
It didn't really scare me, it made me jump though. =P

I was a kid when RE first came out. I can tell you that the first encounter with the zombie gave me nightmares for like 3 days. lol

Neo Emolga
06-01-2007, 02:53 AM
The scariest moment in a video game was when I was playing 'Resident Evil 2' for the N64. My character walked by a boarded-up window when several zombie arms reached in to grab my character. That made me jump. :eek:

Same game, right when the licker smashes through the window in the interrogation room. Geez I hated having to do that part.

EspeonSun
06-01-2007, 03:12 AM
When you have to go through the Undead to get the Sunsong in Legend of Zelda: Orcarana of time

Also when in Twilight Princess, you have to get back through the plcace (Zant's) with the orb thing and that Giant hand is chasing you. *Shivers* It gets me really nervous

Yggdrasill
06-01-2007, 03:29 PM
I was a kid when RE first came out. I can tell you that the first encounter with the zombie gave me nightmares for like 3 days. lol
xP. I remember something similar in Resident evil ZERO for the Gamecube; I was running through another hallway when I came to a very sharp corner, all I remember was walking around it when a Crimson Head (A zombie which can basically run) flew out from around the corner. That scared me quite a lot. XD
If you don't kill the Zombies in ZERO they eventually turn into Crimson Heads, which can run (basically) and are twice as powerful as a regular Zombie, so in a way, ZERO forces you to kill the Zombies. =P

Lego Man
06-01-2007, 03:51 PM
xP. I remember something similar in Resident evil ZERO for the Gamecube; I was running through another hallway when I came to a very sharp corner, all I remember was walking around it when a Crimson Head (A zombie which can basically run) flew out from around the corner. That scared me quite a lot. XD
If you don't kill the Zombies in ZERO they eventually turn into Crimson Heads, which can run (basically) and are twice as powerful as a regular Zombie, so in a way, ZERO forces you to kill the Zombies. =P

That's the remake of one, not Zero, and you have to burn the ones you kill so they don't comeback. Makes sense though since they're already dead.

I hate the spiders in the RE games, more so in Zero and the remake. The oven man in RE4 can scare you pretty good if it's your first time through, or you forget about him

Negative Zone
06-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Also when in Twilight Princess, you have to get back through the plcace (Zant's) with the orb thing and that Giant hand is chasing you. *Shivers* It gets me really nervous

I wouldn't say that was really SCARY. It got me tensed up and my muscles could barely move because I didn't want him to get the orb back. :P