PDA

View Full Version : Backtrack

Jack of Clovers
10-07-2004, 06:52 AM
this has been in the back of my mind for a while and i need to post it for some opinions. ref wages were cut but now they are back to $500 for each. the reason they were cut was because of the activity level... we've never had that much before and soooo much money was being handed out {the largest ever in the history of the URPG}. but in comparison to now, it's slow and hardly anyone is making money because of the lack of battles.
also because of the amount of summer battles, 1v1 wages were lowered. i think that was a good move but not right now with lower activity.

so this is what i am thinking. move the 1v1 payments back to 1000/500 instead of the 500/250 we have now.
also, suggestions and comments about the ref wages that were lowered can be said here. anything anyone has to say is well appreciated.
oh, and 1 more thing. im allowing anyone to battle through the Forum Battle board for the time being. check the Trainer Station thread for info.
thanks.

~Jack~

Matthew
10-07-2004, 07:00 AM
Nice Move Jack, and congrats on 900 :cool:

akdude
10-08-2004, 02:37 PM
Nice move Jack. I'm really proud of u. lol

Neo Emolga
10-08-2004, 06:59 PM
This is a pretty smart idea, since it would put more incentive into having more battles.

But considering Fair, Shroomish and mlugia really haven't been around, along with many of the other refs, there's not really that much motivation to go around. Most of the URPG's most active participants just haven't been around, while the others have given up on looking for other people to battle due to a lack of interest. It just seems that right now, being the one to ask for a battle seems little weird since no one has been doing it for some time. A good idea might be to help encourage that push to ask for battles and warm up some completive nature in people (by all means, start bragging if necessary).

Another good idea would be to train more refs, advertise the URPG around a bit more in PE2K Chat as well as in other places, and give people reasons to start battling once again. I'm sure there are people who still want to battle, but it just seems funny to start asking for them at a time like this...

Most people who look at reffing (I'd even include myself when it comes to this) have really no idea where to get started. I've looked over Perfect Reffing Methods and I can easily say that even some Calculus has confused me less. Maybe listing a source of ref calculators could be helpful, since only a few people know where to find them. And John once showed me www.pokemonfanuniverse.com as a good stats source, but around here, I've only seen it mentioned a few times.

Iíd rather not say the URPG is dead, but rather in a stage of hibernation. But as long as thereís a least one person who wants to keep it alive, it canít die.

mlugia
10-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Interesting idea, Neo.

I'm the single best trainer the world has ever seen </brag>

*waits for activity to start*

HKim
10-08-2004, 10:50 PM
Interesting idea, Neo.

I'm the single best trainer the world has ever seen </brag>

*waits for activity to start*

Don't worry Lep, we're just busy. When our schedules clear up, we'll have time to battle. Also, thankyou for the return in pay levels.

Another idea is having special URPG groups, similar to the Elite 4 except of regular members. This is also similar to the URPG teams that they had in Yahoo (Not to be confused with the War Teams). The Midnight Marauders is one group. Basically, 3-5 people can join together to help eachother train as well as battle against other groups. You could have a sort group thread in either the URPG or Groups Section where each group can keep track of their victories and losses against other groups. Heh, the war in the URPG.

Matthew
10-09-2004, 02:42 AM
XD lol @ HKim... I actually love that idea and may possibly join one for the heck of it... anywayz, I gotta fold my laundry and go to a friends bday party... I'll see y'all tonight!

Raddstealth316
10-10-2004, 01:41 PM
Nice idea Jack but I'm not sure if its going to boost activity just at this time :ermm:

I know I should be more active but for some reason I come on here and feel like I have nothing to do and 5 minutes later I log off again...maybe I'm loosing touch with Pokemon...I don't know...or maybe its just school...I just don't know...

But I have got a huge idea that will for sure boost activity...I'll pm it to you Jack when I have time...

Manjoume Jun
10-10-2004, 09:05 PM
Some nifty ideas being brought up here, I like what Jack has proposed, and Harry's idea seems decent too.

Coolio!

Jack of Clovers
10-11-2004, 04:28 AM
i wasn't trying to boost activity, it was just something on my mind. lol :tongue:

anyway, i know about the perfect reffing method and i've been meaning to go over it and make it easier to read so we can get refs (*makes a note*)
and hkim, i know about the teams we had and i've been playing something but waiting for the right time.
but...
...if u want me to think of some activity boosters, here are some things that could happen relatively soon (if i feel like it :tongue: )
-Daycare Center: breeding moves
-Battle Competition: most wins by a certain time receives Pokemon and/or money... ??
-actual holding items during battle (ex. Pink Bow) {very questionable and hasn't ever been discussed with anyone}
-i could try being on messenger once a week for at least an hour (don't hold ur breath though)
-rename Questions/Comments/Suggestions thread to URPG Chat. basically it can be anthing URPG related like if someone wanted to make an announcement without making a new thread, something like that.

maybe....

~Jack~

boltAge
10-12-2004, 12:12 PM
I was thinking, how bout you all host a "Reffing Lesson" or something. Each week or something people will join this lesson on a messenger(Go away if you don't have one, the URPG was originally made for messengers, neways), and some professional ref will tutor them as a group or something. The bad thing is timezones, but bleh, you all live on the other side of the world, so your timezones won't be that far apart(hint: when its 12 am here, its 12 pm there. hmm).

Tamer San
10-12-2004, 12:41 PM
First of all I want to welcome you back Raik, if you are really back now. Secondly I agree with your idea, we lack referees a lot. We only have couple of reffs active and the others are, well, I dunno what happaned. Tutoring people to ref is a good way and fun as well, I can't say I am a very great referee but I guess I can help, welcome back again dude >:E

boltAge
10-12-2004, 01:06 PM
First of all I want to welcome you back Raik, if you are really back now. Secondly I agree with your idea, we lack referees a lot. We only have couple of reffs active and the others are, well, I dunno what happaned. Tutoring people to ref is a good way and fun as well, I can't say I am a very great referee but I guess I can help, welcome back again dude >:E
Tamer. I still hate you. So don't talk to me. You can agree for all I care, don't ever mention my name.

mlugia
10-12-2004, 02:29 PM
OM G RAIK BACK HAI HAI HAI HAI

also, c'mon, let bygones be bygones, since Tamer's being nice about it, give it another chance, no? :)

Also, I would like to express the opinion that with reffing apparently as complicated as it is, Items would kill refs. Like, the boost items is easy enough, but leftovers and some other whacky items could present problems in that the game primarily uses values like 1/8 and 1/16, not nice interger values for our conveniance, thus leading to refereeing with 3 decimal places (eg: Venusaur has 84.415% hp remaining!)

On the other hand, we could always get DA to program a calc for that then... hmmm

Also, on the topic of a reffing tutorial, that's a great idea! well, IMHO anyhow.

Also raik, trade your gyarados to me again? =X

boltAge
10-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Mana, no, hatred stays, besides, it's a matter of how you post. It's easy to tell if someone is fake, but wait, with rules, everybody's fake. Uh...level of fakeness then.

Uhh..stat boosting items won't be that bad, you just round off (instead of that 84.415%, have 84.4%). But we demand more pay! *raises signboard*

mana, I sorta deserted my stats, if you somehow find it for me, I'll do what I can.

Tamer San
10-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Logically, you cannot hate someone who hasn't done anything bad or wrong to you, you are strange *coughraikcough*

All, I say is that the Reffing Tutore is a good idea and that wasn't for kissing your ass, I still don't like you a lot, but since I am in a forum, I have no reason to hate you because I don't actually know you. Man, I wonder what you know about having fun ._.

boltAge
10-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Logically, you cannot hate someone who hasn't done anything bad or wrong to you, you are strange *coughraikcough*

All, I say is that the Reffing Tutore is a good idea and that wasn't for kissing your ass, I still don't like you a lot, but since I am in a forum, I have no reason to hate you because I don't actually know you. Man, I wonder what you know about having fun ._.
Someone has to do something bad/wrong to you for you to hate them? Maybe you're still living in the Pokemon world and is still trying to fend off Team Rocket with Pikachus, but dude, ever heard of annoyance?

You know what? I don't care if you kiss my ass or if you dislike me. But just stay away from me, just take it I'm not speaking to you whatsoever. You don't have to hate me for me to hate you. Me not having fun? You haven't been on messengers enough, sonny.

neways, I'm not gonna waste my time starting another flamewar in this thread again. :rolleyes:

*walks away*

Jack of Clovers
10-12-2004, 06:53 PM
guys, remain on topic. keep your personal squables to yourself and take it to messenger or whatever. not here.

and the holding items would only be the ones that boost types. like Pink Bow for Normal, Mystic Water for Water... etc. not Leftovers or Light Ball or the others like that. but the holding items isn't the main priority right now, i was just throwing it out as an idea.

i like the Reffing School thing. if someone wants to run it, be my guest. start a new thread to get it going. Stripe was in charge of it but he disappeared off the earth again... anyway, good idea and lets see this work.

~Jack~

mlugia
10-12-2004, 10:44 PM
lol, we'd need a ref who's certified to ref well and be free on these days and stuff... damn

Figgy20000
10-27-2004, 06:13 PM
I'm willing to be a ref once more. And I'd be willing to hold a ref school if we need one. I'd be able to run it every wednesday.

JohtoTrainer
10-27-2004, 09:23 PM
I could do the reffing school if you wanted me to. But Figgy would definately be a better choice :tongue: