Nature~ Impish
Ev's- i was thinking 252 HP, 252 Sp Def, 4 Attack, but not to sure about that
Toxic
Protect
Explode
Earthquake, Rock Slide, Stone Edge

Got_Ganlon
06-01-2007, 10:41 PM
There are better choices as far as Physical Walls go, primarily because despite its high Def, it's type combo makes it particularily susceptable to not only Water and Fire, but ironically, Physical attackers such as Ground (Earthquake) and Fighting (Close Combat).

If you are going to be Tanking however, try this moveset:

Impish @ Leftovers
-Rock Polish
-Rest
-Substitute
-Toxic

You're going to want to get first move, and Rock Polish works great, even better if your opponent takes the time to switch out to a different pokemon to handle this Steel Tank, giving you a free speed boost. Substitute is a lot like protect, but sticks around if not expended right away. They are great to Rest behind and absorb status effects like Confuse Ray, Burn, and Sleep. Being Steel and Ground, Steelix can't be Toxic-ed or Thunder Waved, but this really isn't a problem for most Tanks due to Rest. Stick Toxic then start Sub-Resting, but against other, Steel types... it's up to the rest of your pokemon party...

berlinwall121
06-01-2007, 10:57 PM
you say that there are much better phy tanks out there, who?

Got_Ganlon
06-02-2007, 12:49 AM
True enough, 2nd to Shuckle, Steelix has the highest Def, but its weaknesses are too easily exploitable. Instead, my 2nd favorite tank, but a pure tank none the less, is Probopass. Incredibly high Def and S.Def keeps you walled from both types of attacks.

-Iron Defense
-Magnet Rise
-Rest
-Earthpower / Toxic

To begin with, as if your Defenses aren't high enough, Iron Defense will get you buffed faster than any Steelix could with Harden. Magnet Rise gives you levitate, because... let's face it, who uses those 30% OHKO moves? This cuts your 4x weaknesses in half from 2 to 1 (eliminating ground and leaving fighting). Rest is pretty standard, and as opposed to needing Rock Polish to get your rest in before the opponent hits you, after some Iron Defenses and a substatial bas S.Def, it's pretty easy to get a Rest in when you need it. I don't quite prefer Toxic on this tank, but it's there when you need it. Instead, I'd use Earthpower which can occasionally lower the foe's S.Def (and yes, Probopass's S.Atk is higher than its Atk).

Faced with a Steelix, your foe will go S.Atk. But faced with Probopass, your foe will do...what?

berlinwall121
06-02-2007, 01:04 AM
thanks that helps alot, my teams in my sig, i want to take one of them out for Probopass, can you help me with which one to take out

Got_Ganlon
06-02-2007, 01:08 AM
At a glance, I'd say Dusknoir. It's stats make it the mose Tank-esque, and a Ghost's strengths over Psychic and other Ghosts are easily made up for by a Dark type (I spy Weaville).

berlinwall121
06-02-2007, 02:10 AM
ok so this is what my team looks like as of right know, do u think it will stand up to most competitive teams
Weavile@Expert Belt
Nature~Adamant
Ev's-252 speed/ 252 attack/ 4 HP
Attacks
Ice Punch
Night Slash
Brick Break
Swords Dance

Starmie@ Petaya Berry
Nature~Modest
EV's- 252 sp. attack/ 252 speed/ 4 HP
Attacks