PDA

View Full Version : Encountering Latios? (Desperatley need help!)

Sephiroth
03-12-2004, 05:57 AM
It's been ages, I've beat the eliete four two weeks after I got ruby, and now, I wanna catch latios, I've saved my master ball for him, but I haven't encountered him, I've trid saving in a patch of grass with my level 36 alteria, used a max repel, walked in the grass until it wore off, reset and so on, I've also tried saving, battling, and resetting, still NO encounters, and unfourtunatley, no one I can trade with, does anyone have a better way of encountering latios? currently I only have ruby version, but if it makes any difference, my saphire version should arrive sometime tomorrow.

crazy blue eyes
03-12-2004, 11:37 AM
It's been ages, I've beat the eliete four two weeks after I got ruby, and now, I wanna catch latios, I've saved my master ball for him, but I haven't encountered him, I've trid saving in a patch of grass with my level 36 alteria, used a max repel, walked in the grass until it wore off, reset and so on, I've also tried saving, battling, and resetting, still NO encounters, and unfourtunatley, no one I can trade with, does anyone have a better way of encountering latios? currently I only have ruby version, but if it makes any difference, my saphire version should arrive sometime tomorrow.
you can check here!
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/rslatiaslatios.html

Thunderbird
03-12-2004, 01:35 PM
Have u try surfing on water? I heard that u hv a better chance encountering Lati@s there.
Anyway, i met my Latios at route 117, then i threw a masterball and caught it^^

tonytrainer
03-12-2004, 06:15 PM
Have u try surfing on water? I heard that u hv a better chance encountering Lati@s there.
Latias is found on water(a better chance)But youre right wiyh something do!On route 117 is a place with a better Latios encountering! :cool: :cool: :lol:

Lord Celebi
03-13-2004, 12:16 AM
Ok, you DONT need repels if you dont care about other wild Pokemon. FIrst, Fly to Dewford (My Latios Hunting spot), and surf in the water (EVERY TILE!) If Latios doesnt appear, go to Route 103. Take one step in every tile. The surf in the water on every tile. If Latios is not there, repeat strategy until he is.

Alakazam
03-13-2004, 12:22 AM
Have you seen Latios at all yet? If so, than look where he is, fly there and save. Then, just keep resetting your game to see if he's there. You don't need to chase him, just keep resetting until you find him.

Sephiroth
03-13-2004, 12:56 AM
I used route 121, saved in a patch of grass, fought wild pokemon, reset, and did the same, I just found latios about half a minute bvefore typing this, my total game time was 401 hours, so it's been about 300+ hours looking for him, but I finally GOT that sumbisch! too bad he has quirky for a nature, modest would have been better, but oh well, at least I got him

And in further news, The fedex truck is pulling up to my house right now with my pokemon saphire version! :biggrin: :mrgreen:

Jerry Neal
03-13-2004, 03:12 AM
I know that he appears randomly on almost any route. But in my opininon Latias and Latios appear MOSTLY around the routes the surround Mauville City. That is where I encountered/caught them in each of my games. Hope this helps. (I know that they don't appear on a specific route. That is just how I encountered them many times.)

Thunderbird
03-13-2004, 05:30 AM
I used route 121, saved in a patch of grass, fought wild pokemon, reset, and did the same, I just found latios about half a minute bvefore typing this, my total game time was 401 hours, so it's been about 300+ hours looking for him, but I finally GOT that sumbisch! too bad he has quirky for a nature, modest would have been better, but oh well, at least I got him
If u dun like his nature, u can restart again till u can one u want.

Have you seen Latios at all yet? If so, than look where he is, fly there and save. Then, just keep resetting your game to see if he's there. You don't need to chase him, just keep resetting until you find him.
ar u sure? Never use fly to try to encounter Lati@s, becoz if u use fly, Lati@s will appear at a totally different place.

Sephiroth
03-13-2004, 05:48 AM
If u dun like his nature, u can restart again till u can one u want.

No way am I chancing it after all the time I spent looking for that sumbisch, maybie after I send all my good ruby pokes to saphire, and restart ruby, I just might start the quest for a modest latios.

Thunderbird
03-13-2004, 05:53 AM
No way am I chancing it after all the time I spent looking for that sumbisch, maybie after I send all my good ruby pokes to saphire, and restart ruby, I just might start the quest for a modest latios.
If u encountered it be4, its location will always shown in the pokedex. Try to see one, and if after catching it u dun like his nature, restart till u get one u like.

Alakazam
03-13-2004, 12:08 PM
T-Bird> I'm sure about my method; that's how I caught my Latias :cool: I know that Lati*s will teleport when you fly, but once you get to an area where you know you can fight them (grassy route, sea, etc.) and save/resest...you're bound to get it sooner or later. It took a while for me, but it's actually one of the quicker methods :lol:

Waterwhale
04-08-2004, 01:48 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid110/pe1d86259b52c013ebeb18d1be1701a6e/f923c677.jpg.thumb.jpg

I've got something to add Latios appears much much more frequently if you have a pokemon around lvl 80 so i suggest you start lvling. I was lvling one day and caught my latios by luck. So until you have a pokemon around lvl 80 i wouldn't suggest looking for him unless you are really devoted.

BTW: if you see latios is flying somewhere often then go there and if he is not there you must change routes or go into a city for him to fly somewhere else.

Thunderbird
04-08-2004, 02:05 PM
I've got something to add Latios appears much much more frequently if you have a pokemon around lvl 80 so i suggest you start lvling. I was lvling one day and caught my latios by luck. So until you have a pokemon around lvl 80 i wouldn't suggest looking for him unless you are really devoted.
i dun think this is true? u probably met him by luck or sth...

BTW: if you see latios is flying somewhere often then go there and if he is not there you must change routes or go into a city for him to fly somewhere else.

pokemon fan
04-08-2004, 02:18 PM
I caught latios he was on route 130 I was not even trying to track him down I just was going to sky piller so its all about luck if you ask me.

Latias10
04-08-2004, 11:02 PM
My way is to go to route 117 search in the grass affter about 3 pokemon go in and out the daycare and search again. It is also a great place to train fire and flying pokemon. I caught Latios in around 20-30mins but with training. Latias in under 2mins. I go to the route find 3 pokemon go to the daycare come out check the grass and first thing I see is her.

Eric and Totodile
04-10-2004, 12:09 AM
I got Sapphire about 2 weeks ago, beat the Elite 4, and now I have one problem. I FORGOT the Master Ball at the Hideout cave, and now I'm screwed. Is there a way to capture Latias without the Master ball? Or do I have to reset my entire game, lose Kyogre, and start ALL over again?

Sephiroth
04-10-2004, 12:17 AM
I got Sapphire about 2 weeks ago, beat the Elite 4, and now I have one problem. I FORGOT the Master Ball at the Hideout cave, and now I'm screwed. Is there a way to capture Latias without the Master ball? Or do I have to reset my entire game, lose Kyogre, and start ALL over again?
Unless you buy a ruby to trade him to, fraid not. I had the exact same situation on my first play through ruby.

Thunderbird
04-10-2004, 06:59 AM
of coz u can still catch Latias without master ball, but it takes more effort. and make sure u have enough patience for all that tracking and escaping. :tongue3:

Or check out the Lilycove lottery everyday. they have master ball as the first prize. but u need a lot of patience for this too :tongue2:

Tyranitar_2
04-12-2004, 05:31 PM
I Saw It On My Way To The Sky Pillar And Again In The Same Place A Little Later But Ive Seen Him In The Water Alought...
So I Think You Should Try There...

Traipez
04-12-2004, 06:27 PM
I always meet the Lati@s about one hour after I defeated the Elite 4.. It happend on both Sapphire and Ruby.. I think im very lucky!

Techno Treecko
04-13-2004, 01:56 PM
I see everyone is discussing their seperate ways they caught Lati@s now, so I won't lock the thread.

I just want to point out to the creator of this thread to check the READ FIRST thread before making threads such as these. It's there for a reason people, it's not there just for decoration.

Latios/Latias locations

Latios is found in the wild in Ruby, while Latias is found in the wild in Sapphire.
In Ruby, Latias is found on the Southern Island. In Sapphire, Latios is found there.

Wild Latios/Latias appear at RANDOM. To run into them, you'll just have to walk around on different routes until it shows up. Note that Latios/Latias will NOT appear on any routes East of Verdanturf, Slateport, or the ashey route. For some reason, they just don't go there. Once you've seen one, you can look them up in your Pokedex to see if you're on the same route as them. Latios/Latias' location changes every time you enter a city, a new route, or any other new location.

Starr Fox:
What ways are there to keep Latios/as from escaping?

These are the only ways:

A Wobbufet or Wynaut

If you use Clamp(only temporary)

If you use Fire Spin(Same as above)

Why doesn't my Trapinch with Arena Trap keep him from escaping?

Because Trapinch's ability only prevents escapes from non-flying pokemon and pokemon that don't know levitate.Since Latios/as have Levitate,it does not work.

People, please learn to read the READ FIRST thread, it says read first for a reason. Thanks.

Thread left unlocked.

Sephiroth
04-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Uhh, thanks, I guess. :oops:

I actually made this thread for extra help, I read the read first, I tried the methods, (for three months in fact) and still no latios, so I made a thread to see if anyone else had different strategies/methods that might work. :oops:

voidsign
04-14-2004, 10:36 PM
I managed to find my Latios quite quickley.

I bumped into it in the wild without even looking for it but it got away :dazed: but at least it was on my Pokedex now. Another way to get it on the Dex is to have a friend trade it to you, then I trade it back.
Once its on your pokedex and you can track it around the map.

After I had it on my Pokedex I went to route 118 and then walked back and forth between 118 and 119 since they are both Routes (not towns) it can apear in both.

After a while it made its way over to me and when we were in the same area (checking the Dex every time I went from one Route to another) I used Max Repel and started wondering around makeing sure not to leave that area.

I used 5 Max Repels in total, so you can guess it took some time. After the last Repel ran out the first Wild PoKemon I encountered was Latios which I caught with a Master Ball.

My Latios is Wild Natured and my Latias (E-Ticket, Southern Island) is Naughty Natured.

ahahah89
04-17-2004, 10:41 AM
i found and caught latias soon after i beet the elite four. have you seen the t.v program that triggers the event. it won't apper until you do. :biggrin:

Kai15
04-23-2004, 04:32 PM
i must be a really lucky bastard

since i caught my latias with a normal pokéball

haha

didn't took me very long actually

1-2 hours i guess

on route 121

ghettoblaster732
04-24-2004, 05:05 AM
right... i caught my latios in lilycove and route 121. fly to lilycove, then walk to route 121 and battle only once, if hes not there, fly to lilycove again and walk to route 121, repeat the process until you find him because latios and latias move everytime you fly.

Kai15
04-24-2004, 09:57 AM
ohw i fought about 3-6 times

art
04-24-2004, 10:01 AM
I wasn't that lucky: I thought I couldn't catch it since I didn't have the eon ticket, so I started over.. well, I should be happy with all the cool pokémon I have now!

celebi4546
04-26-2004, 12:07 AM

i heard that theres a better chance of catching latios if you have a legendary in your first slot it worked for me

svenstrup
05-03-2004, 06:47 PM
right... i caught my latios in lilycove and route 121. fly to lilycove, then walk to route 121 and battle only once, if hes not there, fly to lilycove again and walk to route 121, repeat the process until you find him because latios and latias move everytime you fly.

Yea, that method works. Flying to a city makes LatiXs go to a random route, walking to a neighbouring route.

But I think this method is quicker:
Once you encounter LatiXs, use a highlevelled Breloom with Spore and False Swipe to put it to sleep and cut it's HP (You'll have to meet it several times for that, but you can stay at the same spot and keep resetting untill you see it again) Once it's asleep and with HP 1, put either a highlevelled Wobbuffet or a highlevelled Golbat with Mean Look first on your team. Once you're sure that it can't escape, start throwing Ultraballs/Timerballs at it. Like any other Legendary in R/S it's quite easy to catch without Masterball. If you fail, just reset untill you meet it again and start throwing balls again.

Finally, you may want to know how to get a Breloom with Spore/False Swipe, so I paste this from my guide:
Breloom, Ability Effect Spore, pokédex 035
Headbutt (normal), power 70, accuracy 100, pp 15 (24 after 3 Ppup))
Gigadrain (Grass), power 60, accuracy 100, pp 5 (8)
False Swipe (Normal), power 40, accuracy 100, pp 40 (56)
Spore (grass), power ---, accuracy 100, pp 15 (24)

This Breloom is an excellent catcher. Spore works every time except on pokémon with ability Insomnia. And the other attacks can wear down almost any other pkmn. False Swipe leaves the opponent with one HP left.
Here you have the breeding chain:

Level up a male Zangoose (Ruby only! Route 114) to Lv. 55 (learns False Swipe).
Breed it to a female Seedot/Nuzleaf/Shiftry (Ruby only! Route 102 and 114)) and get a male Seedot who inherits False swipe.
Breed this male Seedot to a female Shroomish/Breloom(Both versions in Petalburg Woods). Now you got a Shroomish with False Swipe. All you have to do now is to level it up and prevent evolution untill Lv 54 at which point it learns Spore. Let it evolve right after. Breloom has much better stats than those of Shroomish, especially it's Attack is very good. Holding back evlution is important as Breloom doesn't learn Spore at all!

IMPORTANT!: Use Spore first to make opponent sleep. If you let your opponent attack it may get poisoned due to Breloom's ability Effect Spore and you obviously don't want that if you want to catch,because you loose control over opponents HP!
I recommend levelling Breloom all the way up to 100 to get better/faster results!

pokemon master eddy
05-11-2004, 05:38 AM
Here's two ideas:
1.Catch a wobbufett and it will have shadow tag(to trap pokemons).
2.Catch a zubat/golbat and gain it's happyness,then it will involve into a cro bat,and let it learn mean looking.

All easy! :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Oh and latios almost appear at Mt.pyre. :happy:

Japoro
05-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Here's two ideas:
1.Catch a wobbufett and it will have shadow tag(to trap pokemons).
2.Catch a zubat/golbat and gain it's happyness,then it will involve into a cro bat,and let it learn mean looking.

All easy! :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Oh and latios almost appear at Mt.pyre. :happy:

well, you dont need to get it into a crobat for learning Mean Look..
Zubat teaches Mean Look at lvl 36
Golbat and Crobat at lvl 42
The easiest way is to catch a lvl 40 golbat at victory road and just train it 2 levels..