PDA

View Full Version : Dusknoir?

Ketchup
06-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Species: Dusknoir
Nature: Sassy
EV'd: HP and Special Defense

First, I want to know if the nature is decent? I figured it could use more Special Defense compared to basic Defense, since Ghosts have that immunity against Normal, and many of a Ghost's nightmares are Specials, mainly Psychics.

Secondly, I need a Moveset. Any suggestions?

Got_Ganlon
06-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Dusknoir is a strange pseudo tank / saboteer. With a base 45 HP, its Hit Points can never exceed 300, but it has an astounding Def and S.Def, each capable of toping out around 400. With no real moves that can capable heal it (other than Rest) Dusknoir is more of a problem causer, with a moveset aimed at plaguing the opponent's team.

Item: Chesto Berry
-DestinyBond
-Curse
-Protect
-Rest

Typically, Dusknoir is slow, so know what your opponent is capable of doing to you. Generally, stick a curse on your opponent, and you can have them dead in 4 turns, and you just may be able to last that long. 1- Curse, 2- Protect, 3- Rest (if they haven't 2HKO'ed you by this turn), 4- Protect (thanks to the Chesto Berry). Having done it's part, feel free to sacrifice it with Destiny Bond on the next pokemon, in a 2-1 trade off.

Some people do try to make a Physical Sweeper out of Dusknoir since its Atk can top out at 328 and it can learn Earthquake and all 3 elemental Punches. I don't prefer this method, since with a base 45 Spd, you'll barely outrun anything and to get that Atk, you'll have to sacrifice some Defenses.

Ketchup
06-02-2007, 09:19 PM
Dusknoir is a strange pseudo tank / saboteer. With a base 45 HP, its Hit Points can never exceed 300, but it has an astounding Def and S.Def, each capable of toping out around 400. With no real moves that can capable heal it (other than Rest) Dusknoir is more of a problem causer, with a moveset aimed at plaguing the opponent's team.

Item: Chesto Berry
-DestinyBond
-Curse
-Protect
-Rest

Typically, Dusknoir is slow, so know what your opponent is capable of doing to you. Generally, stick a curse on your opponent, and you can have them dead in 4 turns, and you just may be able to last that long. 1- Curse, 2- Protect, 3- Rest (if they haven't 2HKO'ed you by this turn), 4- Protect (thanks to the Chesto Berry). Having done it's part, feel free to sacrifice it with Destiny Bond on the next pokemon, in a 2-1 trade off.

Some people do try to make a Physical Sweeper out of Dusknoir since its Atk can top out at 328 and it can learn Earthquake and all 3 elemental Punches. I don't prefer this method, since with a base 45 Spd, you'll barely outrun anything and to get that Atk, you'll have to sacrifice some Defenses.
Luckily, I haven't started raising it.

So, you're saying, instead of raising HP and Special Defense, I should raise both Defenses?

Got_Ganlon
06-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Yeah, typically, you'd raise HP for a Substituting Tank, but Dusknoir isn't one. Being as slow as it is, it would most likely be KO'ed before it could get a Substitute out. Protect offers first move priority and you need not fear Feint (as if anyone uses it...) since Dusknoir is Ghost type. All you need is the Defense with a decent amount of HP to take one, maybe two hits. Your Sassy Nature greatly compliments your S.Def while taking from your already abyssmal Spd. This should save you from super-effective Shadow Balls, but you'll want the Physical Def for Shadow Claws, Night Slashes, and Crunches.

Ketchup
06-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Yeah, typically, you'd raise HP for a Substituting Tank, but Dusknoir isn't one. Being as slow as it is, it would most likely be KO'ed before it could get a Substitute out. Protect offers first move priority and you need not fear Feint (as if anyone uses it...) since Dusknoir is Ghost type. All you need is the Defense with a decent amount of HP to take one, maybe two hits. Your Sassy Nature greatly compliments your S.Def while taking from your already abyssmal Spd. This should save you from super-effective Shadow Balls, but you'll want the Physical Def for Shadow Claws, Night Slashes, and Crunches.
Hm, I get it.

Though, the Dusks don't learn Destiny Bond, so I'll have to breed it with, say, a Wobbuffet?

Got_Ganlon
06-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Yeah, it's an Egg move, so you'll have to breed with a Male Ghastly (lvl 40), Koffing (lvl 46), or Wobbuffet (Tutor Move).

Ketchup
06-02-2007, 09:49 PM
Hm, Wobbuffet it is, since I already have one of those.

Quick question. My current Duskull, she's Sassy. Does that affect the nature of her children, by any chance?

Got_Ganlon
06-02-2007, 09:59 PM
I don't know the math behind it, but supposedly letting the Female (Duskull in this case) hold an Everstone will allow the nature to be transfered to the offspring. Everstones are quite common in the Underground.

Ketchup
06-02-2007, 10:02 PM
I don't know the math behind it, but supposedly letting the Female (Duskull in this case) hold an Everstone will allow the nature to be transfered to the offspring. Everstones are quite common in the Underground.
Looks like I'm going Underground, then.

Lucario-clm
06-03-2007, 12:01 AM
I got an Everstone... darn Gastly :susp:

not a nazi
06-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Looks like I'm going Underground, then.
Dusknoir@leftovers
impish nature
EVs: 252 HP, 100 atk, 152 sp. def

-Shadow Punch
-Rest