PDA

View Full Version : Seventh Movie

HoennDude
10-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Hi!

Does anybody know what the dub title of the seventh movie will be? Thanks!

:biggrin: HoennDude :biggrin:

Missingno mystery
10-09-2004, 05:02 PM
Well at this point nobody even knows if its going to be released outside of Japan.

AshMistyMayfan
10-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Will it be another movie made only to video? THat wasn't right they took May's debut and only put her on a VHS/DVD and not out into theatres in America. It's not like kids will ask 'Who is this May and why did she replace Misty? DId Misty like get fired?'

SOmebody needs to write a nasty letter to Miramax over what they've done to Pokemon movies, they've RUINED THEM! When you release to only 200 theatres, you think people will fill them like a football stadium? It needs to go to the regular 8000 theatres or so, Spider Man 2 was released to like 8000 and made a huge killing at the box office.

Missingno mystery
10-10-2004, 03:45 PM
Well the Movie jest got a name:
Pokemon: Destiny Deoxys

Matthew
10-10-2004, 06:30 PM
When you release to only 200 theatres, you think people will fill them like a football stadium? It needs to go to the regular 8000 theatres or so, Spider Man 2 was released to like 8000 and made a huge killing at the box office.

That was an ignorant statemen AMM... if you've noticed, not everybody likes Pokemon :susp:

AshMistyMayfan
10-11-2004, 05:25 AM
THat came out wrong, what I mean is if you release the movie on 200 theatres only, I can't envision 100 million dollars coming out of it. I would like to see it released to more theatres so then, it would make money.

Example: 200 theatres, seating is like 200, yet it's going to be maybe 1/2 full or maybe 3/4 full. If everybody sees a matinee at 6 dollars, and there's a total of 30,000 x 5 showings, there's 150,000 people paying 6 dollars to give the movie 900,000, x 7 days, there's 5.4 million dollar showing in the one week.

SHowing it in 8000 theatres like Spider Man 2, it could generate 40 million dollars or more in a one week period.

I'm trying to point out Miramax has to distribute the movie more to theatres.
And I know not everyone likes Pokemon, but there's still an enormous amount of kids that would see it.

Dark_Legendary_Master
10-14-2004, 11:10 PM
There are rumors that with either Destiny Deoxys or the eighth one, that Nintendo is going to take over and start making the movies.

PokemonElite2000
10-15-2004, 08:07 AM
There are rumors that with either Destiny Deoxys or the eighth one, that Nintendo is going to take over and start making the movies.
Yea, this was actually in the news at the website and it's not really a rumor. The President of Nintendo has this to say: "We'll decide whether we would do it or not by the end of December." And this applies for the 8th movie and beyond, since the 7th movie (Destiny Deoxys) is already made.

I'm trying to point out Miramax has to distribute the movie more to theatres.
And I know not everyone likes Pokemon, but there's still an enormous amount of kids that would see it.
You say that Miramax has to distribute the move in more theaters, but that's not exactly the wise business decision. It costs money show films, and if people aren't showing up for the films, then there is no reason to show them in many theaters. Let's take a look at the numbers:

First Movie: $85,744,662 (3,043 theaters)
Second Movie: $43,758,684 (2,752 theaters)
Third Movie: $17,052,128 (2,675 theaters)

Just look at that, it explains everything. The Pokemon movies made less and less after each one, despite the fact that each movie had a wide release. Honestly, it was generous of them to give the third movie a wide release eventhough the second movie didn't do so well. The second movie made half of what the first one did, and the third one made half of what the second one did.

Of course, the third movie was the last straw, and the fourth movie ended up with the limited release.

Just because a movie is in more theaters, doesn't mean people will show up and watch them (as the numbers clearly show that). It helps definitely, but the numbers don't add up. It wouldn't make sense to release it in more theaters when revenue from ticket sales are decreasing dramatically.

Would I want to see Pokemon in more theaters? Of course. But it doesn't work if the fans aren't showing up at the theaters to watch them.

(By the way, Spider-Man 2 was shown at 4,166 theaters at it's highest point, that's a US theaters count. That's what I used also for the Pokemon theater counts. Anything around 3000 theaters is considered a major movie, the first three Pokemon movies were treated as such).

Matthew
10-19-2004, 06:53 AM
Yea, this was actually in the news at the website and it's not really a rumor. The President of Nintendo has this to say: "We'll decide whether we would do it or not by the end of December." And this applies for the 8th movie and beyond, since the 7th movie (Destiny Deoxys) is already made.

You say that Miramax has to distribute the move in more theaters, but that's not exactly the wise business decision. It costs money show films, and if people aren't showing up for the films, then there is no reason to show them in many theaters. Let's take a look at the numbers:

First Movie: $85,744,662 (3,043 theaters)
Second Movie: $43,758,684 (2,752 theaters)
Third Movie: $17,052,128 (2,675 theaters)

Just look at that, it explains everything. The Pokemon movies made less and less after each one, despite the fact that each movie had a wide release. Honestly, it was generous of them to give the third movie a wide release eventhough the second movie didn't do so well. The second movie made half of what the first one did, and the third one made half of what the second one did.

Of course, the third movie was the last straw, and the fourth movie ended up with the limited release.

Just because a movie is in more theaters, doesn't mean people will show up and watch them (as the numbers clearly show that). It helps definitely, but the numbers don't add up. It wouldn't make sense to release it in more theaters when revenue from ticket sales are decreasing dramatically.

Would I want to see Pokemon in more theaters? Of course. But it doesn't work if the fans aren't showing up at the theaters to watch them.

(By the way, Spider-Man 2 was shown at 4,166 theaters at it's highest point, that's a US theaters count. That's what I used also for the Pokemon theater counts. Anything around 3000 theaters is considered a major movie, the first three Pokemon movies were treated as such).

Thanks for helping with an explination Ryan.

DancinPurpleNinetales
10-19-2004, 10:57 PM
wait...nintendo is gonna make the movies? what does that meen? they will be different from the ones made in japan? blah, these things confuse me, i so simple

MarioPrime
10-20-2004, 11:03 PM
A few days ago I stumbled accross an article that talked about Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker. I had no idea that it was coming out so I searched it, only to find it came out on DVD over the summer. Confused, I quickly searched to find the seventh movie (which is how I stumbled upon this site). When I read it was about Deoxys and Rayquaza (who I have a Level 100 in Saph.) I was more than excited. But much to my dissmay, I also read that it was a direct to VHS/DVD release. Oh well, either way it is going to own everyone.

Missingno mystery
10-22-2004, 02:38 PM
Serebii jest posted a release date: Feb.05.

Ash & Kyogre
10-23-2004, 01:39 PM
Who made the first 7 movies? I thought Nintendo already did? :confused: