PDA

View Full Version : wat's the best way to catch legends?

da ink
06-03-2007, 03:40 AM
Can someone please tell me the best way to catch legendaries??
Just to tell you i already use my master ball but i have a buch of mony
and i could buy alsost anything. But please dont tell me buy a bunch of ultra balls and start, chuking them so yea :biggrin: i just need like a strategy so yea :)

Silver Senmurv
06-03-2007, 03:48 AM
What's worked for me is a combination of False Swipe and Thunder Wave/Stun Spore. I have a Breloom that does these things.

First, he uses Stun Spore, which causes paralysis. Then, he False Swipes until the HP is in the red. Then come the Ultra Balls. It may take awhile but is well worth it.

Unusual Cases:

Giratina- Since he's a ghost type, you can't False Swipe- unless you have a Pokemon with False Swipe and Foresight/Odor Sleuth. I've never tried this, but I'm sure it works.

Mesprit/Crescelia- They'll run away if they get the chance. The only ways to stop them is to Mean Look them or to use a Wobbuffet. Wobby has Shadow Tag, which stops them from running. Then get their HP in the Red Zone (without fainting them) and chuck those Ultra Balls. If you get their HP low and they escape, I'm pretty sure the next time you meet, they'll have whatever damage you inflicted previously.

Hope this helps.

Got_Ganlon
06-03-2007, 03:50 AM
Pick up False Swipe (TM 54 in Veilstone Dept Store) and if you need it, Thunder Wave (TM 73 at Battle Tower) as well as several Ultra and Timer Balls.

Upon encounter, get Thunder Wave up. It increases your catch rate as much as any other Status Ailment, but without the detrimental drain of Poison or Burn, nor the potential to wear off like Freeze and Sleep.

Most legendaries are hearty enough to take some heavy hits from your pokemon, but once its HP gets in the Red, maybe even into the Yellow, start using False Swipe until its down to 1 HP.

From here on in, have a pokemon who is resistant to attacks or can Defensively Buff itself and Heal inbetween the volleys of Ultraballs.

Lucario-clm
06-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Get Masterballs :wink:, Just kidding

If you are catching Giratina, Uxie, or Azelf, instead of those n00bish Ultra Balls, use them Dusk Balls, they are better

BWS Soldier
06-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Pick up False Swipe (TM 54 in Veilstone Dept Store) and if you need it, Thunder Wave (TM 73 at Battle Tower) as well as several Ultra and Timer Balls.

Upon encounter, get Thunder Wave up. It increases your catch rate as much as any other Status Ailment, but without the detrimental drain of Poison or Burn, nor the potential to wear off like Freeze and Sleep.

Most legendaries are hearty enough to take some heavy hits from your pokemon, but once its HP gets in the Red, maybe even into the Yellow, start using False Swipe until its down to 1 HP.

From here on in, have a pokemon who is resistant to attacks or can Defensively Buff itself and Heal inbetween the volleys of Ultraballs.

I did not realize this would work, thanks.

I usually freeze it because the catch rate is better than most other status ailments while frozen. Of course, it wears off though...