PDA

View Full Version : Unoffical Pokemon Tournament 2007

dusknoir
06-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Welcome to the Unoffical Pokemon Tournament 2007! This is where you can show your skills - to become to Master of the Year.

First we have to get at least sixteen people to join our tournament. Once we have that many, we can make the fixtures and start immediatley!

Please join to become the Master Of The Year and perahps you can make your run next year as well.

All battles will be Lv 100, Legendaries allowed. :biggrin:

People Entered:-

- Vincent_Valentine_4
- pokemongal72
- Sly Swampert
- Gegi
- Flaming Zigzagoon
- Legend Killer
- Todd6
- Hyper Blaze

Tournament entries are now closed - results and fixtures will now be posted - Tournament starts 16 June 2007 at 9:00 AM (New York time)

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Depending on the day and time I'm in definately! thank you for allowing legendaries because no legendaries sucks! It doesn't really suck I just don't have a party of non legendaries at this moment. Want to do a practice battle?

dusknoir
06-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Okay, the time and day depends on how long it takes to get sixteen people. I am organising the tournament, so I won't be in it. You are the first to join. :biggrin:

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-03-2007, 11:52 AM
All right that works. Personally a weekend would be easier for me but I'll see what I can do. We don't have to post our party do we?

dusknoir
06-03-2007, 11:52 AM
No, keeping our party secret makes it more challenging and fun. :biggrin:

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-03-2007, 11:54 AM
All right that's good to know I think that there should be just one rule. No having two of one pokemon like someone having 2 or more Arceus because he is just to good.

dusknoir
06-03-2007, 11:56 AM
That would be unfair. Either they'd be disqualified, or thier two of that Pokemon wouldn't count.

darkcharizard
06-03-2007, 12:28 PM
I want to participate but I can only after two weeks to be prepared
and I will have diamond on friday

dusknoir
06-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Welcome to the tournament!

You'll have plenty of time to prepare, we give players one week to prepare after the sixteen contestants have joined.

It will be quite long to find sixteen contestants.

I also add that if you have entered first, second or third, you are the first ones to get the chance next year to join. :biggrin:

dusknoir
06-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Rules:-

- No swearing/cursing other people on Wi-Fi Voice Chat
- No boasting, be a good sport
- No cloned Pokemon
- Glitch Pokemon are okay
- Legendary are okay
- Pokemon Levels raised with a cheat is fine (it won't matter anyway because the battle is Lv 100, Legendaries allowed)
- No two of the same Pokemon on a team
- No bullying trainers who beat you
- Most of all, have fun!

Sent Reglay
06-03-2007, 02:07 PM
You realize that no one good is going to join, because anyone with moderate skill doens't use legends.

dusknoir
06-03-2007, 02:09 PM
If you had read the top, it says Lv 100, Legendaries Allowed battle. :dazed: That means that all the Pokemons levels are 100 - so it'd be fair.

Lord Voldemort
06-03-2007, 10:10 PM
If you had read the top, it says Lv 100, Legendaries Allowed battle. :dazed: That means that all the Pokemons levels are 100 - so it'd be fair.

He said that no one with skill is going to join, because legendaries are allowed, and they have much higher stats than Standards.

Gegi
06-04-2007, 04:09 AM
alright guys make room for a Pokemon JAA 3rd place a bryant park come I will enter..... not matter if it is 1v1 or 2v2..... I will do my best

Flaming Zigzagoon
06-04-2007, 04:37 AM
Just because you use legendaries doesn't mean you have no skill. Many legendaries like Zapdos, Suicune, and Azelf are considered OU and not Uber. Even some legendaries like Moltres and Entei are considered UU. And people who like using ubers have their own uber metagame. So I guess this tournament will mainly contain an uber metagame. Also, count me in.

dusknoir
06-04-2007, 05:04 AM
Geji, does that mean your in? I'm sorta new here, so I don't really get all this forum stuff! :biggrin:

Gegi
06-04-2007, 01:38 PM
Of course woudn't miss it unless its in agust -_-(So yeah I am in)

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-04-2007, 03:14 PM
You realize that no one good is going to join, because anyone with moderate skill doens't use legends.

That was a waste of a post in my opinion and once I get my non legendary team I'll smoke you it's just ignorant not to use legendaries why should I let a strong pokemon go to waste because some people complain about how good they are?
Back on topic it's nice to see some people joining so I'll have a challenge.

Cybernetic Ghost
06-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Rules:-

- No swearing/cursing other people on Wi-Fi Voice Chat
- No boasting, be a good sport
- No cloned Pokemon
- Glitch Pokemon are okay
- Legendary are okay
- Pokemon Levels raised with a cheat is fine (it won't matter anyway because the battle is Lv 100, Legendaries allowed)
- No two of the same Pokemon on a team
- No bullying trainers who beat you
- Most of all, have fun!

No offense, but WHY would you allowed glitch pokemon, but not cloned, when cloned arnt even altered in any way and you cant even tell they are cloned to begin with? Dosnt make any sense to allow the use of a cheating device, but not an exploit within the game itself.

And I really hope you mention something about banning hacked pokemon, because if not, I hope someone uses an AR pokesav to get a Spiritomb with Wonder Guard lol.

That was a waste of a post in my opinion and once I get my non legendary team I'll smoke you it's just ignorant not to use legendaries why should I let a strong pokemon go to waste because some people complain about how good they are?
Back on topic it's nice to see some people joining so I'll have a challenge.

Saying THAT is ignorant because a meta where legands are allowed allow no varity, creativity or innovation if you want to win, because a team of good nonlegends WILL get beaten by a team of legends unless the nonlegend user is substantially better than the legand user. Some people yeah, they complain about how good legends are, which, they ARE broken, and defending the blatant fact is foolish. Others, also including me, hate the fact that they destroy creativity as the usable pokemon in a meta with legends is like ~15 max to be honest.

Just because you use legendaries doesn't mean you have no skill. Many legendaries like Zapdos, Suicune, and Azelf are considered OU and not Uber. Even some legendaries like Moltres and Entei are considered UU. And people who like using ubers have their own uber metagame. So I guess this tournament will mainly contain an uber metagame. Also, count me in.

Right, and thats why people complain about Ubers usally, not legends in general. I dont care if someone uses a trio(cat, bird, regi, pixie) or Manaphy, Jirachi, Celebi or Piophine. But the fact is, Mewtwo, Mew, Arceus and the like are broken, and theres no denying it. They take no real thought or strategy. You dont even really have to care about EV placement tbh. You can just go 252/252/4 and do fine.

Legend_Killer
06-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Meh, I guess I'll join.

dusknoir
06-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Thank you for joining!

Cybernetic Ghost, I will try and shape up the rules, but I have little spare time! :oops:

dusknoir
06-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Gegi, if it was in august, by then I would've cancelled it - most people would be off on holiday.

Gegi
06-04-2007, 04:55 PM
wait so we have to have lv 100's I only have like 5 lv 100's the other are on my friends Emerald so that he could be the Battle frontier

Cybernetic Ghost
06-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Thank you for joining!

Cybernetic Ghost, I will try and shape up the rules, but I have little spare time! :oops:

Eh, I know some rules people usally use...

Species Clause(No doubles of a pokemon on a team)
Sleep Clause(No inducing sleep on more than one opp. pokemon, Rest dosnt count against it)
Uber Clause(You arnt going with this, but bans Ubers)
No Hacked(As in, no hacked stats on a pokemon, moveset or ability)
No explosion on last pokemon
No evasion moves

Theres a few other ones, but those are the big ones from what I normally see. I cant think of any more off the top of my head acutally.

Sometimes people use Item Clauses, but im not a big fan. Its when you cant use more then one of the same item. They're ok at times, because they cause more strategy to come into play, but when your using Ubers, you may as well just leave it off, as there isnt many items most of them will use other than the Choice Items and Leftovers.

I SERIOUSLY think if your not banning anything else Pokemon wise, ban Arceus. He has the HIGHEST base stat total of all, and he hasnt even had an event in the entire world yet. Anybody WITH one hacked one, hacked the event, or got one from someone who did one of those two. Even in the Japanese verisions with the E4 glitch, you could only get Shaymin and Darkrai, but they couldnt get to Arceus(from what I understand off of Gamefaqs, at least).

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-04-2007, 05:02 PM
Yeah you're right that it does take less strategy but I guess it doesn't matter anyways because I'm making a non legendary team anyways but if I ever get the urge to deliver a beat down then my unstoppable team will be there. Is it possible to AR a Spiritombs ability to make it the Wonder Guard? I sure hope not. That is a cheat that I wouldn't like I would say just regular ARed pokemon are okay as long as they don't have any cheap messed up abilities like wonder guard.

Cybernetic Ghost
06-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Yeah you're right that it does take less strategy but I guess it doesn't matter anyways because I'm making a non legendary team anyways but if I ever get the urge to deliver a beat down then my unstoppable team will be there. Is it possible to AR a Spiritombs ability to make it the Wonder Guard? I sure hope not. That is a cheat that I wouldn't like I would say just regular ARed pokemon are okay as long as they don't have any cheap messed up abilities like wonder guard.

Yeah, its possible. You have to use pokesav or something, but its definatly possible.

dusknoir
06-04-2007, 05:27 PM
Okay, Arceus is now banned from the competition. Anyone using him is disqualified. Actually, all Glitched Pokemon are banned now, unless stated otherwise. :biggrin: That makes it fair. No Darkrai, Arceus or Shaymin

dusknoir
06-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Do you guys want a prize for winning the tournament or do you just want to be the Master of the Year?

I haven't got much to give to the winner.

dusknoir
06-05-2007, 05:53 AM
This tournament is going down a bit. We only have six members, we need sixteen.

Could some of you say get your friends to join? We need to get this tournament running by the end of June. :sad:

darkcharizard
06-05-2007, 09:46 AM
OK post the names of the trainers and the friend codes will come later after having the 16
traner and what about staring it in 25 june :tongue: and we can also prepare signatures for the participant to it

I'm not going to use ubers Iwill only beat them :cool:

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-05-2007, 03:24 PM
All right that's fair with the no Arceus and luckily no Darkrai! (I have Darkrai But I hate him nonetheless.) Good luck without using ubers though you could beat a few people I'm sure but not everyone I think. I'd use my non legendary team but it's not fully complete yet still working out kinks and getting good natures for them.

dusknoir
06-05-2007, 03:42 PM
I will now allow only eight, so we can get this tournament under way.

First Round/Quarter-Finals - 4 pairs will face of against eachother. Winners will proceed to the next round.

Second Round/Semi-Finals - 2 pairs will face of against eachother. Winners will proceed to the Final.

Final - The finalists vs eachother. The winner is crowned Master of the Year 2007.

darkcharizard
06-05-2007, 04:18 PM
well that suit me if it will be before 13 june okay and can we use pokes from 80 to 100

It will be easiest to prepare our selves and put the trainers who will play from now in a list I want to see the shudle with the times ok:cool::cool::cool:

dusknoir
06-05-2007, 05:01 PM
It depends if we can get two people before then. :biggrin:

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Yeah I can only come on if it's between like 2:45 and 5:00 if it's on a weekday preferably between 2:45 and 3:15 though. But there are almost 8 people so it's good. And I'm pretty sure that it's a level 100 thingy. So use anyone except for Arceus, Shaymin, and Darkrai that I know of.

Todd6
06-07-2007, 05:06 AM
can I still get in I really want to battle. fc 0902 9558 4699

Hyper Blaze
06-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Can I join? FC in my sig.

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-07-2007, 03:07 PM
This little tournament sure has a lot of people joining luckily! Hopefully everyone reads the rules it is free 100 but no Arceus, Darkrai, or Shaymin, and no changing Pokes abilities like Spiritomb with Wonder Guard because nothing would hit him.

Todd6
06-07-2007, 03:19 PM
I still need some of the friend codes and when does this start.

dusknoir
06-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Todd6 and Hyper Blaze, great to have you!

On Saturday next week, the tournament will begin - 9:00 AM (New York time).

Get your team ready in that space to become to best - I will have to fixtures on Saturday.

Todd6
06-07-2007, 04:33 PM
I dont know thats 6:00 am for me.

dusknoir
06-07-2007, 04:42 PM
I dont know thats 6:00 am for me. Where do you live?

I could make your battle three hours later - would that be good for you?

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Do you live in New York Dusnoir? If so what time is it for you right now? I have 10:30 I just want to make sure so I know what time to get to McDonalds! I'm prepared though to have some fun!

dusknoir
06-07-2007, 07:01 PM
No, I live in England, but most people live in New York here, so to make it easier, I found out the New York time.

Flaming Zigzagoon
06-07-2007, 07:34 PM
OK post the names of the trainers and the friend codes will come later after having the 16
traner and what about staring it in 25 june :tongue: and we can also prepare signatures for the participant to it

I'm not going to use ubers Iwill only beat them :cool:
A scheduled time is great to finish a bulk of the matches, but is it possible for people to schedule their own times in case we can't make it?

Todd6
06-07-2007, 10:52 PM
Im ready to battle now so when u r ready but the time thing.

darkcharizard
06-08-2007, 10:56 AM
sorry but i can't be in time because my game has lost the save data
:redface::redface::redface::redface::redface::redf ace::redface:
search any other trainer ok:redface:

dusknoir
06-08-2007, 07:35 PM
WHAT! :evil:

Ok, doesn't matter! Places are now open, the date is not confirmed Saturday 16th. One place left!!!

pokemongal72
06-08-2007, 07:36 PM
alright im in
halina 0902 9478 9774

dusknoir
06-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Thank you - again - for entering one of competitions.

Saturday 16th June 2007 - Confirmed date!

Gegi
06-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Dusknoir you never answerd me are we doing lv 100's cap or just our lv 100'ed pokemon cause my friend is still using most of my lv 100's

dusknoir
06-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Dusknoir you never answerd me are we doing lv 100's cap or just our lv 100'ed pokemon cause my friend is still using most of my lv 100's Sorry, super busy!

Lv 100 cap, so everyone has a chance to win.

Gegi
06-08-2007, 07:57 PM
thanks I have been wanting to try a certain ammount of Sinnoh pokemon but never really get chance to XD

Todd6
06-09-2007, 06:43 AM
so what time is it at i live in washington 9:00 my time would work.

dusknoir
06-09-2007, 07:17 AM
Great, hopefully, your opponent could make that too.

dusknoir
06-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Fixtures for the First Round-

- Match A:- Hyper Blaze v FlamingZigzagoon
- Match B:- Gegi v Vincent_Valentine_4
- Match C:- Todd6 v pokemongal72 (Time Shift to 12:00 New York time)
- Match D:- Legend Killer vs Sly Swampert

All matches will be played Saturday 16th June at 9:00 (New York time), with the exception of Match C at 12:00. Swap friend codes - 1 week from now the tournament begins!

Todd6
06-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Thats good and ur on late cant sleep.

dusknoir
06-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Thats good and ur on late cant sleep. Oh, no. I live in England. I'm 5+ hours to New York.

Todd6
06-09-2007, 07:32 AM
o ok so its like 8:30am well Then Im the 1 that cant sleep.

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-09-2007, 07:40 AM
I wonder if Gegi is even good hopefully it's a challenge so do we still have the legends available excluding Arceus, Darkrai, Shaymin?

dusknoir
06-09-2007, 07:46 AM
I wonder if Gegi is even good hopefully it's a challenge so do we still have the legends available excluding Arceus, Darkrai, Shaymin? Yes, all legendaries, excluding Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus, are allowed.

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-09-2007, 07:47 AM
And then the winner of us becomes the Elite 4 champ but in that cup whatever thingy legends are banned right? I'm just making sure so I know to prepare extra carefully!

dusknoir
06-09-2007, 07:49 AM
Battle against the E4 is Legendary Allowed. The E4 + Champ can also use legendaries. And no Glitch Pokemon - Darkrai. Shaymin and Arceus.

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-09-2007, 07:51 AM
Oh okay can challengers or do they have to have a really good strategy to take them out? And Elite 4 and Champ should be limited to like 2 legendary so it's somewhat fair.

dusknoir
06-09-2007, 07:53 AM
3 Legenadries max. 0 min.

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Hope you don't mind but me and Gegi are battling right now for the spot if you don't mind but he hasn't made a move yet so he's either busy or waiting for me to turn mine off and say I forfeit but I hope that's not the case. He told me it's Saturday for him so I said sure why not battle right now.

dusknoir
06-09-2007, 01:16 PM
That's exellent news.

The quicker people battle the better.

But no-one else okay, unless otherwise stated by me.

Hope you both do well and let the best trainer win.

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Yeah well he still hasn't made a move and it's been like 5 minutes so do I call battle off and try to battle again later or would that count as a forfeit? I still need to trade people and I don't have time to just sit here and look at the same screen say Communicating.

dusknoir
06-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Is he battling now or has he stopped?

No, it wouldn't count as a forfeit unless you specifictly stated it was.

Gegi
06-09-2007, 01:42 PM
gegi vs Vincent_Valentine_4

Winner Vincent_Valentine_4

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Man that was an intense battle to the extreme lucky for me my Garchomp saved my little behind by far. At first it was looking really bad but I just barely lucked out and pulled out a miracle win. My Garchomp was lucky enough to be faster than Gengar or I would have lost.

MustangGT
06-09-2007, 05:49 PM
can i be in if at all possible?

Todd6
06-12-2007, 04:08 AM
Ok so what pokemongal72 got her self banned I talked to her before about saturday but now she is banned so m I still battling her or what is going on.

Exon Auxus
06-12-2007, 07:12 AM
I'd hate to be the one to tattle. I don't know the rules of this tournament, and when coming here I noticed that entries were closed but there are some people on that list who will be using HACKED legendaries. I battled one of them, and even with my ownage team I just barely came out on top. To whoever is administrating this, I'd watch the legendaries used closely, because some of them will only ensure a crowning victory for certain people.

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Really now when you say hacked like is the abilities changed or what? If the abilities are changed then yes I would call that person out because that's crap but if they just used AR to catch a wild one and level it up I wouldn't complain as much but when abilities are changed that's crossing the line!

Todd6
06-12-2007, 05:52 PM
It would be nice to know.

Haze
06-12-2007, 06:06 PM
can i be in the tournement

Todd6
06-12-2007, 06:12 PM
If u r then u might be battling me but I dont know.

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-13-2007, 03:04 PM
You should let someone fill in for PokemonGals missing spot so Todd doesn't immediately get to advance.

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-18-2007, 02:51 PM
So what's the deal with this tournament? I have limited time coming on this site but I'll do what I can to finish off this tournament but it isn't going anywhere that I've noticed.

Todd6
06-18-2007, 04:52 PM
I dont know its been a week the last time dusknoir been on.

dusknoir
06-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Hello.

I was away on a trip for six days, sorry.

Could everyone tell me the results clearly? Remember, the Semi-Finals is on Saturday.

Todd6
06-19-2007, 07:44 PM
I had no one to battle.

dusknoir
06-20-2007, 06:50 AM
Huh?!

I think this tournys gone a bit down hill and darn wrong.

Todd6, you can automatically go in the Semi-Finals.

Todd6
06-20-2007, 07:49 AM
Ok im good with that. My opponent got banned.

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-21-2007, 07:10 AM
What about the rest though I wonder? I'm still good to go but I have limited chances to come online now but Todd6 can keep me updated I guess.