PDA

View Full Version : how could this happen?!

Erureido
06-04-2007, 01:22 AM
i was trading someone a bashful lv 1 charmander 4 a zubat, then i started trading someone else and had a comunication error, came back to wi-fi and traded this other person, but when i came out i've noticed i had no zubat and my charmander was still there, and when i told my friend if he had it, he told me that he had the exact clone of my charmander, is this a new clone glitch, or just something weird

Flan
06-04-2007, 01:25 AM
It's a glitch, and it's happened to me before as well.
Me and my friend were trading when all of a sudden my connection went red and I disconnected, causing the error. When I went back on, I noticed that my Abra was still there and I did not receive my Shieldon. I asked my friend if he still had his Shieldon, and he said he had received my Abra. I believe it to be a cloning glitch, though I never was able to trigger it again. :/

Erureido
06-04-2007, 01:27 AM
maybe it only triggers w/connection errors

ASHv7
06-04-2007, 01:28 AM
Wow sounds kinda cool maybe there some after effect to this new fond glicth (may not be new) o well
Edit:I think its new cloning glicth

Flan
06-04-2007, 01:29 AM
maybe it only triggers w/connection errors

I met someone who said they shut off their DS before the trade was done and they had a clone, so probably not. It's probably random as to which Pokemon gets cloned, so it's probably not safe to do it (lulz at the three 'probably's). :/

Legend Master
06-04-2007, 01:32 AM
Seems to be easier than the GTS one though. Lol next time I'm gonna trade I'm walking outside far from the router. JK I won't really do that.

ASHv7
06-04-2007, 01:37 AM
:eh: we need to prove if this Cloning Glith is safe enough to starte use that is if someone finds a way how to use it maybe its the same way how u clone useing GTS

Flan
06-04-2007, 01:43 AM
:eh: we need to prove if this Cloning Glith is safe enough to starte use that is if someone finds a way how to use it maybe its the same way how u clone useing GTS

It's definitely not the same way, since you need exact timing for the Pokemon you want to clone, otherwise you're going to end up with no clone, a deleted Pokemon or the wrong clone. I feel like testing this out.

Erureido
06-04-2007, 01:48 AM
well in my case the connection error happened after the first trade, so ithink that if u have the connection error ur pokemon will be cloned

Flan
06-04-2007, 01:49 AM
well in my case the connection error happened after the first trade, so ithink that if u have the connection error ur pokemon will be cloned

The same connection error is also the one you get when you turn off your DS, though. ;D
I just tried it out with my friend, but wasn't able to clone. :/

Silver Senmurv
06-04-2007, 03:55 AM
I never used the GTS, but I have a similar experience. It's with Ruby and LeafGreen.

I was trading a Groudon from Ruby with some low-level bug-type from LeafGreen. Connection Error through trading, so I reboot. Guess what? I have two worthless bugs, NO Groudon. Waaah! So, I wouldn't try this myself, as chances are you'd lose the wrong one.