PDA

View Full Version : First DP Team

matt252007
06-04-2007, 05:16 PM
This is going to be my first real attempt at a Diamond and Pearl team, but I want all the criticism you have to offer none the less. This is going to be a team centered around Kyogre's Drizzle. I know it's been done before...but I thought I'd give it a shot with these knew pokemon and abilities. This is of course going to be a 2 on 2 team.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Surf
Thunder
Calm Mind
Thunder

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Bold Nature 252 Defense 252 Special Defense
Hydro Pump
Aqua Ring
Protect
Toxic

Mantine @ Wakan Berry
Bold Nature 252 defense EV's 252 Speed EV's
Surf
Aqua Ring
Mud sport (If I can keep the Mantine alive...this would seriously help my team)
Confuse Ray

Poliwrath @ Muscle Band
Water Absorb
Adamant nature 252 Attack EV's 252 Speed EV's
Brick Break
Waterfall
Earthquake
Protect

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
Bold Nature 252 Defense EV's 252 Special Attack Ev's
Surf
Leech Seed
Giga Drain
Protect

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature 252 Attack EV's 252 Special Defense EV's
Surf
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Protect

Like I said...this is just an idea I had. I do want to stick with the all water absorb/constantly recovering HP idea. But any ideas you have concerning that are more than welcome. Thanks in advance!

Cybernetic Ghost
06-04-2007, 06:28 PM
You may want to try Toxicroak to give your team a wider type coverage. His ability Dry Skin increases his hp in the Rain. Assuming he gains hp in the rain after each turn and not just has more hp than normal, as that dosnt make much sense. He also absorbs water attacks. He gains an extra weakness to fire and loses hp in the sun, but eh. If you keep the rain going, he shouldnt be taking much from fire anyways as it weakens it.

You listed Thunder twice on Kyogre btw. And I'd consider putting Rain Dance on something else since TTar is common, and if you lose Kyogre and they start a Sandstorm, you have no way to restart the rain.

Nice concept team. Been done before, sure, but still, its better then seeing an OU team(like mine <.<)

matt252007
06-04-2007, 08:21 PM
You may want to try Toxicroak to give your team a wider type coverage. His ability Dry Skin increases his hp in the Rain. Assuming he gains hp in the rain after each turn and not just has more hp than normal, as that dosnt make much sense. He also absorbs water attacks. He gains an extra weakness to fire and loses hp in the sun, but eh. If you keep the rain going, he shouldnt be taking much from fire anyways as it weakens it.

You listed Thunder twice on Kyogre btw. And I'd consider putting Rain Dance on something else since TTar is common, and if you lose Kyogre and they start a Sandstorm, you have no way to restart the rain.

Nice concept team. Been done before, sure, but still, its better then seeing an OU team(like mine <.<)
Seriously? Toxicroak absorbs water moves as well? I'll have to check that out. I knew that it regained HP in the rain...but I didn't know that he absorbed water moves as well...that would definitely make him more valuable. Anyways...thanks for the ideas, I'll look into them. Oh yeah...obviously Kyogre's other attack is Ice beam.

The Maple Syrup Baptist
06-04-2007, 08:43 PM
On Vaporeon, drop Hydro Pump for Surf. The drop in Power is worth the 100 Acc., trust me. :wink:

TatankaToT
06-05-2007, 05:22 AM
give vaporeon shadowball in place of protect

TatankaToT
06-05-2007, 05:26 AM
I'd add gorebyss or huntail

they'd give you a decent all around wall, special attacker and drizzle doubles speed

TatankaToT
06-05-2007, 05:28 AM
unless you plan on giving Mantine a flying attack, I see no point to him. He's a walking bulls-eye for anything with t-bolt

TatankaToT
06-05-2007, 05:30 AM
there's just such a large powerful pool of water types in the game that some of th picks are kinda weak. I mean, no Gyarados, but a Poliwrath? you need a physical attacker who can take special hits and Gyarados is better. ANd Quagsire over pert, he could use brick break?

Kenneth
06-05-2007, 05:45 AM
TatankaToT, please don't quadruple post. It can get you banned. :eek: And no one wants that to happen, so please refrain from posting four times in a row. Instead, just edit your post from before. This is for your own good, unless you don't care about getting banned for some reason.

Ultima Boss
06-05-2007, 05:56 AM
On Vaporeon, drop Hydro Pump for Surf. The drop in Power is worth the 100 Acc., trust me. :wink:
Especially Vaporeon is made to absorb Water attacks, to act as a Bulky Water, and pass around Wish and/or Substitute.

Seriously? Toxicroak absorbs water moves as well?
No, it's kind of like Ludicolo's Rain Dish, where it recovers HP in the Rain. Of course, if it truly absorbed Water moves, as well, then it wouldn't make him that much more worth using.

TatankaToT, please don't quadruple post. It can get you banned. :eek: And no one wants that to happen, so please refrain from posting four times in a row. Instead, just edit your post from before. This is for your own good, unless you don't care about getting banned for some reason.
It's also advise that you don't waste a post telling some n00blet to "follow the rules or die", which can be done otherwise on PM if you truly cared about his and/or her status. :tongue:

Cybernetic Ghost
06-05-2007, 07:08 AM
No, it's kind of like Ludicolo's Rain Dish, where it recovers HP in the Rain. Of course, if it truly absorbed Water moves, as well, then it wouldn't make him that much more worth using.

Excuse me my good sir, but do you doubt me? ;$

Dry Skin - Confirmed to not only raise and decrease HP in Rain or Sun respectively (although how much has not been confirmed), but also make the possesser able to absorb Water attacks. This also, however, adds a weakness to Fire, which means that Parasect becomes 8x weak to Fire with this ability.

As stated before, I try to check my facts before I post a random thing like this <.<.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19414

Ultima Boss
06-05-2007, 07:15 AM
If that's the case then very well, but, as stated, watch out for Fires. That's a huge trade-off, but if you can land in a Rain Dance before sickened by a Fire attack then you're in good hands.

I suppose could be used for Rain Dance teams, then?

Cybernetic Ghost
06-05-2007, 07:21 AM
If that's the case then very well, but, as stated, watch out for Fires. That's a huge trade-off, but if you can land in a Rain Dance before sickened by a Fire attack then you're in good hands.

I suppose could be used for Rain Dance teams, then?

Was kidding bout the doubt thing lol. But yeah, it works like that, I was suprised too to be honest. Anyways, its not that big of a tradeoff imo, since I doubt he'd be sending in Croak before Rain Dance against anything that he may have reason to believe carrys fire moves.