PDA

View Full Version : Infernape Moveset

Phantasm.Angel
06-05-2007, 09:48 PM
I have listened to ppeople and dropped my Rapidash in favor of a Infernape. He has a timid nature and I need him to be a sweeper, special or physical (preferably physical). I know that a timid nature isn't great for that role, but I don't think that my friend will let me steal another of one his pokemon so I can use it for my own selfish needs.

mjb4991
06-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Then I suggest ...

... Close Combat
Flare Blitz/flame Wheel
Mach Punch/ Brick Brake
Shadow Claw/Earthquake

All of those are physical

Silver Senmurv
06-05-2007, 09:59 PM
You could try breeding the Infernape with a Ditto. You can find Ditto on Route 218 with the PokeRadar. To be honest, a Timid Infernape won't cut it. Try going for Jolly.

Phantasm.Angel
06-05-2007, 10:01 PM
You could try breeding the Infernape with a Ditto. You can find Ditto on Route 218 with the PokeRadar. To be honest, a Timid Infernape won't cut it. Try going for Jolly.

Sadly, I'm just too lazy to breed. I bread 4 Eevees. It was so tiring. Plus, this one has the Pokerus.

Silver Senmurv
06-05-2007, 10:06 PM
I have no idea if a Pokemon in daycare will keep PokeRus. You could try spreading it.

To hatch eggs more quickly, go to the mountain with Heatran (forgot the name) and catch a Magcargo. If it's in your party, eggs take only half the time to hatch. Try hatching eggs while watching a movie. That's what I do. Hatching eggs is a pain, but well worth it.

Also, if you manage to catch a Jolly Ditto, give it the Everstone and put him in daycare with Infernape. There's a good chance that atleast a quarter of the babies will also be Jolly. With a lot of patience and a little luck, you'll have that Awesome Infernape!

mjb4991
06-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Sadly, that is a realy bad nature for a phsyical sweeper. I mean, minus attack.

If you want here is a special sweeper one

Sunny day / Focus Blast
Solar Beam / Hidden Power
Flame Thrower/ Fire blast
Hyper Beam/ Grass Knot

Phantasm.Angel
06-06-2007, 01:41 AM
I have no idea if a Pokemon in daycare will keep PokeRus. You could try spreading it.

To hatch eggs more quickly, go to the mountain with Heatran (forgot the name) and catch a Magcargo. If it's in your party, eggs take only half the time to hatch. Try hatching eggs while watching a movie. That's what I do. Hatching eggs is a pain, but well worth it.

Also, if you manage to catch a Jolly Ditto, give it the Everstone and put him in daycare with Infernape. There's a good chance that atleast a quarter of the babies will also be Jolly. With a lot of patience and a little luck, you'll have that Awesome Infernape!

Or I could offer someone one of the offsprings if they hatched my eggs.

Silver Senmurv
06-06-2007, 01:57 AM
You can breed them yourself, no matter how much you don't like to. Trust me, it's well worth the effort. Try hatching eggs while watching TV. Makes it go seemingly faster. Besides, I can't breed pokemon for anyone. No WiFi.

ultimateDK
06-06-2007, 03:23 AM
honestly, if youre willing to drop your already raised level rapidash for an infernape, you might as well breed infernape. since you want to keep the pokerus, quickly get one egg, hatch it, then get it to get the virus. then leave it in your box (pokerus lasts about 4 days, but will remain indefinitely if the pokemon is placed in a box, thus letting you incubate it for future use). Then keep on hatching till you get the nature you want. Honestly, I think Infernape works best as a mixed sweeper.

-Close Combat
-Grass Knot
-U-turn/Shadow Claw
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Expert Belt , Black Belt, or Charcoal

Kenny
06-06-2007, 04:25 AM
If you're using Timid, try this set:

Infernape @ Expert Belt
Trait: Blaze
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/252 Spd/4 Hp
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Grass Knot

I didn't include any HP moves because I'm assuming you're not breeding.

charmeleonblaze
06-06-2007, 04:22 PM
I have listened to ppeople and dropped my Rapidash in favor of a Infernape. He has a timid nature and I need him to be a sweeper, special or physical (preferably physical). I know that a timid nature isn't great for that role, but I don't think that my friend will let me steal another of one his pokemon so I can use it for my own selfish needs.
If you want him to be physical, then here's a moveset that I find works well:Shadow Claw, Close Combat, Bulk Up, and Flamethrower. You should always have at least have 1 spc. move with a fire type, hence the move flamethrower.

pokeblank
06-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Why if there's a move like Flare Blitz? 120 power. 100 accuracy. and 15 pp. The problem is recoil, but leftovers or potions can fix that.

Phantasm.Angel
06-07-2007, 12:18 PM
I bred 8 Chimchars and 1 of them has a Jolly nature. He also also know Brick Break.

Zan Sabrefang
06-07-2007, 12:54 PM
That's great! Try this....

Infernape@Jolly
Focus Sash?
EV's: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Hp
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Eartquake/Shadow Claw
- Thunderpunch

Again, I'm new to this and no good with items. Hope this is okay ^^