PDA

View Full Version : help with Wi-Fi Connection.

Orion8888
06-05-2007, 10:25 PM
hello, i have a Wireless-G broadband Router made by LinkSYS model #: WRT54G version 5. whenever i try to connect to wi-fi using my DS with pokemon pearl, it says that there is no signal that can be detected. i was wondering if this had anything to do with the fact that i have a Mac or there might be any other reason.
please help. what can i do to get connected to wi-fi? i rele don't wana have to go to a hotspot. or spend money.

OrexxerO
06-05-2007, 10:27 PM
This happened to me, try restarting your router. Shutting it off and on. And just keep trying to connect, all miraculously my connection came back.

Orion8888
06-05-2007, 10:35 PM
alright, thx. i've tryed quiet a few times, but no sucsess.:confused:

OrexxerO
06-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Sometimes its just a flook, just keep trying.

pika2000
06-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Did you take a look at the WiFi website to see if the router is compatible?
There should be no problem with your Mac, since you don't need it to connect from the router to your DS.

Orion8888
06-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Did you take a look at the WiFi website to see if the router is compatible?
There should be no problem with your Mac, since you don't need it to connect from the router to your DS.

yeah i did, i've also seen a lot of specialization stuff u have to do to ur computer/router to get it to work, idk if i'm supost to dowload anything or change my router settings or something. my dad has this mac all passworded up. :dazed:

rebelde33
06-06-2007, 03:49 AM
Did you input the router information on your game? To do so, go to the title screen(where it shows Palkia or Dialga) and press start. Look at the bottom screen and it should say "Wi-Fi settings" and go to it. Then click the orange box and input your router information like the WEP key and whatever else it says. Hope this helps and PM me if you have any other questions or if something goes wrong.:happy:

Jack of Clovers
06-06-2007, 11:17 AM
yeah i did, i've also seen a lot of specialization stuff u have to do to ur computer/router to get it to work, idk if i'm supost to dowload anything or change my router settings or something. my dad has this mac all passworded up. :dazed:
http://www.nintendowifi.com/customersupport/routerSelect.do?manufacturer=Linksys&router=%2Frouters%2Fen%2FWRT54Gv5%2FWRT54Gv5.html

It looks like you should update your Router from the linksys website, with the latest update available. That's what I suggest. If that doesn't work, recheck your router and/or firewall settings, which may be restricting outside access to the computer.

~Jack~

Orion8888
07-10-2007, 07:23 PM
just found out i have the wrong umm... security thing! grrr... :dazed:wifi will not work if ur security system is WPA, has to be WEP. :redface: