PDA

View Full Version : Cloning

ASHv7
06-06-2007, 12:47 AM
Would you do it ? is it a bad thing or a good thing? do you beleive the risk of Cloning?

For one I think its a bad thing but thats me
Tell us what you think...

You could also ask question about Cloning here and other poeple might be able to help

cacatua
06-06-2007, 12:50 AM
no, ive cloned every legendary i ve got and thats why i have regigigas

ASHv7
06-06-2007, 12:51 AM
no, ive cloned every legendary i ve got and thats why i have regigigas
did u clone in Emarld i think its more safe to clone in that game

Archeopterix
06-06-2007, 12:53 AM
Its perfectly safe to clone in either game, stop spreading rumours. If you think its unethical, you don't have to do it, but stop saying it will mess up your game.

spartan117
06-06-2007, 12:54 AM
For me I stopped cloning becuase I lost a couple of pokemon there so its kinda risky so I stopped.

ASHv7
06-06-2007, 12:54 AM
Its perfectly safe to clone in either game, stop spreading rumours. If you think its unethical, you don't have to do it, but stop saying it will mess up your game.
Stop sayin that it not a Rumor geez it happened before to someone

Edit: In your face!

xybob
06-06-2007, 12:55 AM
:P Yeah Ash, don't poison people's minds.
:naughty:

Edit: He said he lost pokemon (which I don't believe but w/e), not that it permanently messe dup his game or whatever :D

ASHv7
06-06-2007, 12:57 AM
:P Yeah Ash, don't poison people's minds.
:naughty:

Edit: He said he lost pokemon (which I don't believe but w/e), not that it permanently messe dup his game or whatever :D
I love to do it but it happen to Cipher Lord

Pokemaniac28
06-06-2007, 12:58 AM
Anybody know good tips on cloning, i been trying to clone rhyhorn for 30 minutes, i already get the blue screen but he's never on GTS.

ASHv7
06-06-2007, 01:00 AM
Dont do it man dont :crackup: always wanted to say that

Archeopterix
Stop sayin that it not a Rumor geez it happened before to someone

Edit: In your face!

Well that someone must have made a foolish mistake. I don't know of anyone, nor have I heard of anyone specifically, which this has happened to. Has it truly happened to anyone on these forums?

xybob
Cipher Lord, Schmipher Lord, he could've had an AR code on his game or something, that, in conjunction with the glitch, hurt his game.

ASHv7
06-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Well that someone must have made a foolish mistake. I don't know of anyone, nor have I heard of anyone specifically, which this has happened to. Has it truly happened to anyone on these forums?
I posted it "Cipher Lord"

Edit: thank you xybob

pokerufan7
06-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Anybody know good tips on cloning, i been trying to clone rhyhorn for 30 minutes, i already get the blue screen but he's never on GTS.

Go to a point where you can time the tick on the clock thing, Try doing it that way

spartan117
06-06-2007, 01:02 AM
It doesnt mess up your game but some Japanese hackers could trade you a pokemon before you could take it out and thats what happened to my Rakou so now I dont have one. You just have to be careful when you clone.

ASHv7
06-06-2007, 01:03 AM
:clap: my frined is tryin to clone today we testing it

:pray: i hope nothing go wrong

pokerufan7
06-06-2007, 01:04 AM
It doesnt mess up your game but some Japanese hackers could trade you a pokemon before you could take it out and thats what happened to my Rakou so now I dont have one. You just have to be careful when you clone.

I did that once, *Twidles fingers*

Flan
06-06-2007, 01:04 AM
I don't see how it's bad.
People end up losing their Pokemon because they're not offering impossible enough (e.g. instead of LV100 Dialga or LV100 Abra, female Machamp LV9 and under is exactly fitting for impossible). I can hardly believe how it's going to corrupt your save file. (when you execute the glitch, it says you corrupted your save file, but it will load the previous file, so no confusion there xD;)
It's some kind of safe, aside from the fact that you're probably going to lose your Pokemon if you're not offering 'impossible' enough, unless you do offer something quite impossible and get a hacked Poke in return, I'd understand that (I hate people who do that :/ Can't they hack their own Pokemon already?).

spartan117
06-06-2007, 01:06 AM
Well thats what happened to me thos Japanese hackers traded me a hacked pokemon and stole my Raikou....:dazed:

ASHv7
06-06-2007, 01:06 AM
:ermm: I dont want poeple to stop cloning i just want o see what other poeple think...... I may try it soon :shocked:

Archeopterix
06-06-2007, 01:07 AM
Pft, you're supposed to request one of the Event pokemon, like Darkrai for instance, so that you don't trade while attempting the glitch. Someone snagging your pokemon like that dosn't qualify as a screw up in the glitch. I have heard of people losing pokemon on the other cloning glitch though; the one using the Daycare method.

ASHv7
06-06-2007, 01:10 AM
I herad they found maybe a new way to clone :whistle:
usein Tradein i think.... But its just a rumor maybe you know of maybe u dont

Flan
06-06-2007, 01:11 AM
Pft, you're supposed to request one of the Event pokemon, like Darkrai for instance, so that you don't trade while attempting the glitch. Someone snagging your pokemon like that dosn't qualify as a screw up in the glitch. I have heard of people losing pokemon on the other cloning glitch though; the one using the Daycare method.

I haven't exactly even SEEN Arceus/Darkrai/Shaymin in my Diamond yet, so that's not possible for me (and some ton of people as well). xP
And what the heck is the Daycare method? I've heard of it, and many people claimed it to be bogus, so I ignored it. xP

spartan117
06-06-2007, 01:11 AM
You can only request pokemon you saw. But ya for people who have seen them thats a good point.

ASHv7
06-06-2007, 01:13 AM
I wonder how many ways do they have to clone maybe alot more :think:

spartan117
06-06-2007, 01:14 AM
I wonder how many ways do they have to clone maybe alot more :think:
I doubt theres a lot of them. Maybe a few more but I highly doubt it.

-PK
06-06-2007, 01:16 AM
There is one official way and one possible way. I read about it in an old thread.

ASHv7
06-06-2007, 01:16 AM
Yea maybe your rite if there were any more ways those Japnese kids wwould of found them by now :susp:

Archeopterix
06-06-2007, 01:19 AM
The daycare method isn't entirely bogus. It turns one of the pokemon you put into daycare into the other which you put into daycare, so you end up losing a pokemon. I'm not sure what you have to do, but its not entirely efficient, and I'd probably only attempt performing it if I didn't have internet connection handy.

spartan117
06-06-2007, 01:19 AM
Yea maybe your rite if there were any more ways those Japnese kids wwould of found them by now :susp:
Yep they get it a half year earlier with the event pokemon glitches but no not us.

Flan
06-06-2007, 01:20 AM

D/P have only been out for a few months, so I doubt any major glitches (including cloning) have really been found, even in Japan.
It's possible, though.

ASHv7
06-06-2007, 01:20 AM
The daycare method isn't entirely bogus. It turns one of the pokemon you put into daycare into the other which you put into daycare, so you end up losing a pokemon. I'm not sure what you have to do, but its not entirely efficient, and I'd probably only attempt performing it if I didn't have internet connection handy.
That methd sounds kinda crazy.....

Flan
06-06-2007, 01:23 AM

Is there really any proof to it, though? Aside from the couple of kids who got it to work at Gamefaqs. xP
I'm just curious about it, and I might attempt performing it only if I'm sure it's not going to end up with nothing.

spartan117
06-06-2007, 01:23 AM
That methd sounds kinda crazy.....
Lol ya I discovered it. I had a topic about it but a lot of people didnt belive me.

It worked once for me when it turned my pichu egg into a piplup but its really hard to do it since I did it a while ago and forgot how to do it becuase I did it by accedent.lol

Archeopterix
06-06-2007, 01:29 AM
Lol ya I discovered it. I had a topic about it but a lot of people didnt belive me.

It worked once for me when it turned my pichu egg into a piplup but its really hard to do it since I did it a while ago and forgot how to do it becuase I did it by accedent.lol

There you go. I never even tried it, but there were quite a few people on Gamespot who got it to work (apparently).

ASHv7
06-06-2007, 01:35 AM
There you go. I never even tried it, but there were quite a few people on Gamespot who got it to work (apparently).
Maybe someone will come along one day and find a new coloning process thaty may be safe

xybob
06-06-2007, 01:37 AM
There's always the USB method. I'm testing it today (just bought a USB connector).
Pic:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/nelpetrian/Omg_CloningGlitch_DP2.png

Flan
06-06-2007, 01:38 AM
Well, I'm willing to try it out, though if I end up with nothing I guess I'd be really ticked since I like untouched, no experience at all, level-caught-at Pokemon. xP
I'll test it out with something like a Bidoof first, though.

ASHv7
06-06-2007, 01:39 AM
There's always the USB method. I'm testing it today (just bought a USB connector).
Pic:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/nelpetrian/Omg_CloningGlitch_DP2.png
A next mothd i dont uderstand

Flan
06-06-2007, 01:51 AM
A next mothd i dont uderstand

It's a lot more complicated, but I guess, easier.
You need to be using a PC and have a Wi-fi USB thingy for it to work (sorry Mac users and people without USBs).

ASHv7
06-06-2007, 01:54 AM
It's a lot more complicated, but I guess, easier.
You need to be using a PC and have a Wi-fi USB thingy for it to work (sorry Mac users and people without USBs).
Since alot o Poeple know alot about cloning this should be a clonng help therd

Archeopterix
06-06-2007, 01:54 AM
I have a PC and use a USB connector, but why stray from a recipe for success? :happy:

I don't like that timeframe either, less than a second? Scary reflex requirements...

ASHv7
06-06-2007, 01:57 AM
I have a PC and use a USB connector, but why stray from a recipe for success? :happy:

I don't like that timeframe either, less than a second? Scary reflex requirements...
T-T am to scared to clone pokemon

-PK
06-06-2007, 01:58 AM
Me too, I'd rather not clone and possibly mess my game up.

ASHv7
06-06-2007, 02:00 AM
:oops: my frined might clone for me :susp: hope he dont take the pokemon

Flan
06-06-2007, 02:10 AM
About the USB and PC method..
From what I heard, if you're using the DS Lite you can do the 'less-than-a-second' reflex requirement a lot better than a regular DS because the Lite has a switch. The regular one has a power button and it takes a second to turn it off, which means you'll probably miss the opportunity to turn off your DS. You're probably going to have a hard time using this method if you have a reg. DS.

Archeopterix
06-06-2007, 02:12 AM
From what I heard, if you're using the DS Lite you can do the 'less-than-a-second' reflex requirement a lot better than a regular DS because the Lite has a switch. The regular one has a power button and it takes a second to turn it off, which means you'll probably miss the opportunity to turn off your DS. You're probably going to have a hard time using this method if you have a reg. DS.

I have a DS Lite. :smile:

Really though, the safest and easiest way I think there is to clone pokemon is the GTS method. If you're worried about your pokemon being swiped while you're trying to clone you really should try getting a Darkrai/Arceus/Shaymin.

xybob
06-06-2007, 02:12 AM
How easy is it to transfer FC's and such from DS to the lite?
I was thinking about getting one.

Archeopterix
06-06-2007, 02:19 AM
I don't know, I only got the DS Lite to play Pokemon.

xybob
06-06-2007, 02:41 AM
Ew, I wasted 30 dollars on that stupid USB connector. It doesn't show when my DS is communicating w/ GTS :( It connects me to wifi, but I already have a wifi thingy (What's it called again?) V_V

Archeopterix
06-06-2007, 03:01 AM
Ew, I wasted 30 dollars on that stupid USB connector. It doesn't show when my DS is communicating w/ GTS :( It connects me to wifi, but I already have a wifi thingy (What's it called again?) V_V

I don't understand. :confused: You already have a wireless router?

spartan117
06-06-2007, 03:19 AM
Thanx for the word of confidence. I have a reg. DS but I dont have the USB thingy anyways so ya....lol

xybob
06-06-2007, 03:21 AM
I don't understand. :confused: You already have a wireless router?

Yes, I already have a wireless router. I spent my last 30 bucks on the USB connector (Me = :goofy:).

Archeopterix
06-06-2007, 04:11 AM
Yes, I already have a wireless router. I spent my last 30 bucks on the USB connector (Me = :goofy:).

I had one too, and for a while it was working fine. But eventually I just got tired of trying to fix it. I'm not good with technology. So I picked up the USB connector. Mine apparently didn't come with the disc, so I had to download it, but at long last I finally got it working. :oops:

Zan Sabrefang
06-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Once again the Brits get screwed... Nintendo WiFi USB Dongle is 30... Judging by what you guys are saying, it's only $30 in the states, which is roughly half the price... Anyone got any spare bedrooms I can move into out there?

Back on topic: I think cloning is wrong personally. I'd rather spend the time breeding/raising Pokemon than cloning.

kadeon
06-06-2007, 10:43 AM
For me I stopped cloning becuase I lost a couple of pokemon there so its kinda risky so I stopped.

do ya know dark mudkip? he lost his shiny ditto

Flan
06-06-2007, 01:28 PM
I have a DS Lite. :smile:

Really though, the safest and easiest way I think there is to clone pokemon is the GTS method. If you're worried about your pokemon being swiped while you're trying to clone you really should try getting a Darkrai/Arceus/Shaymin.

The USB method is basically the GTS one, but tons more complicated. :/
And hard to execute.
I guess if you have a wireless router already or something, you won't be able to do this glitch unless you can somehow 'turn it off' or whatever.
But yeah.
I'm sticking to the GTS method seeing as Xy wasted money. :/

uxie
06-06-2007, 01:39 PM
In response to the 'unsafe' risks of cloning, they don't exist. The game has a 'double save' feature- whenever you save, the previous save file is kept as a backup. If the first save file is corrupted, then the backup is loaded, and everything is fine. There is NO WAY (except by hacking) to corrupt both files. It just doesn't work.

And as for losing a Pokemon- just ask for the same Pokemon, but on a higher level. That way, if you lose it to a Japanese hacker, you won't be losing out on much. For instance, when I was trying to clone my lv. 91 Mew, I always asked for a lv. 100 Mew. It actually worked once- I guess because in Japan they're crazy for Pokemon w/ English Pokedex entries and names. And I got a lv. 100 Japanese Mew out of the deal... :happy:

Unethical? Not really. I feel that as long as the clones are kept for trade to other people, who can't or won't obtain it themselves, then you're not being unethical. You're helping others. And cloning is NOT like hacking, because it utilizes a glitch that is PART OF the game. A lot like using built-in cheat codes in some other games.

ASHv7
06-06-2007, 08:00 PM
In response to the 'unsafe' risks of cloning, they don't exist. The game has a 'double save' feature- whenever you save, the previous save file is kept as a backup. If the first save file is corrupted, then the backup is loaded, and everything is fine. There is NO WAY (except by hacking) to corrupt both files. It just doesn't work.

And as for losing a Pokemon- just ask for the same Pokemon, but on a higher level. That way, if you lose it to a Japanese hacker, you won't be losing out on much. For instance, when I was trying to clone my lv. 91 Mew, I always asked for a lv. 100 Mew. It actually worked once- I guess because in Japan they're crazy for Pokemon w/ English Pokedex entries and names. And I got a lv. 100 Japanese Mew out of the deal... :happy:

Unethical? Not really. I feel that as long as the clones are kept for trade to other people, who can't or won't obtain it themselves, then you're not being unethical. You're helping others. And cloning is NOT like hacking, because it utilizes a glitch that is PART OF the game. A lot like using built-in cheat codes in some other games.
So your sayin cloning is safe?

Archeopterix
06-06-2007, 08:13 PM
So your sayin cloning is safe?

If its done correctly, yeah, its safe.

ASHv7
06-06-2007, 08:18 PM
If its done correctly, yeah, its safe.
I gonin to try it out...........