PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Power

Brainiac
06-06-2007, 03:04 AM
I just bought Pearl version today, and my curiosity has been invoked. The move hidden power is a move that you are probably familiar with, it has a different type and power depending on the pokemon that has the move. The thing that I want to know is what is the category of the move? (physical or special) In the older versions it was easy, because each move type had a category assigned to it by default. I just want to know if it is just special like the move's description says, or if there is something that makes it a particular category. Wow. Kinda confusing!!!!

Erureido
06-06-2007, 03:06 AM
I just bought Pearl version today, and my curiosity has been invoked. The move hidden power is a move that you are probably familiar with, it has a different type and power depending on the pokemon that has the move. The thing that I want to know is what is the category of the move? (physical or special) In the older versions it was easy, because each move type had a category assigned to it by default. I just want to know if it is just special like the move's description says, or if there is something that makes it a particular category. Wow. Kinda confusing!!!!
i think it's special, but i may be wrong

Pokemaniac28
06-06-2007, 03:14 AM
It is a special move.

Flaming Zigzagoon
06-06-2007, 05:18 AM
Yes, it is a special move no matter what type it is.

OrexxerO
06-06-2007, 05:22 AM
What pokemon uses it the most effectively? It says its power varies with each pokemon.

Flaming Zigzagoon
06-06-2007, 05:30 AM
What pokemon uses it the most effectively? It says its power varies with each pokemon.
It is possible for all Pokemon that learn Hidden Power to get the maximum base power (70). It all just depends on the IV's.

kadeon
06-06-2007, 10:48 AM
its 100% spcial because its called hidden power not hidden punch(which would be cool but isnt)

Gegi
06-06-2007, 03:35 PM
yet another reason why tauros will not do as effectivly in competetive play now :( hidden power is gone tauros barley has moves that would do much to gengar and what not. :( So yeah all are sp. atks now :(

Lucavi
06-06-2007, 05:08 PM
yet another reason why tauros will not do as effectivly in competetive play now :( hidden power is gone tauros barley has moves that would do much to gengar and what not. :( So yeah all are sp. atks now :(

Err, Tauros has Pursuit / Zen Headbutt / Stone Edge to hit ghosts now. If anything, it got better.

Either way, the question of the thread has been answered, so this gets locked