PDA

View Full Version : Cant decide on item for Garchomp

ultimateDK
06-06-2007, 03:27 AM
ok...Garchomp knows

-Earthquake
-Dragon Rush
-Aerial Ace (gonna get rid of it for fire fang or dragon claw soon)
-Crunch

what item do I give it? I have soft sand for the time being, because earthquake is essentially all I really use from Garchomp, but should I exploit its speed with razor fang/kings rock? give it a focus sash in case an ice beam comes at the start? I cant decide... :think:

Pokemaniac28
06-06-2007, 03:31 AM
You should put swords dance in ur moveset somewhere and make him hold life orb.

Mr M
06-06-2007, 04:55 AM
Or let it hold Choice Scarf or Choice Band. :happy: And yes put Sword Dance in.

Flaming Zigzagoon
06-06-2007, 05:25 AM
Or let it hold Choice Scarf or Choice Band. :happy: And yes put Sword Dance in.
Uhm, if you're using a Choice item, definatly don't put in Swords Dance.

If you do use Swords Dance, give it something like Life Orb. Give it Dragon Claw over Dragon Rush. Get rid of Aerial Ace for Fire Fang like you said. Keep Earthquake. So it should be Swords Dance, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Fire Fang.

Mr M
06-06-2007, 05:33 AM
Uhm, if you're using a Choice item, definatly don't put in Swords Dance.

If you do use Swords Dance, give it something like Life Orb. Give it Dragon Claw over Dragon Rush. Get rid of Aerial Ace for Fire Fang like you said. Keep Earthquake. So it should be Swords Dance, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Fire Fang.

Lol! Well it sort of works for me in my Double battles! I mostly use complex combinations. :happy:

Flaming Zigzagoon
06-06-2007, 06:04 AM
Lol! Well it sort of works for me in my Double battles! I mostly use complex combinations. :happy:
Choice items only let you stick to one move until you switch. So if you use Swords Dance, you'll get an attack boost, but you can't use an attacking move, you can only keep using Swords Dance. Also, remember, when you switch, all your stat boosts reset back to normal.

Archeopterix
06-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Choice items only let you stick to one move until you switch. So if you use Swords Dance, you'll get an attack boost, but you can't use an attacking move, you can only keep using Swords Dance. Also, remember, when you switch, all your stat boosts reset back to normal.

Interesting. So if I give a Garchomp Stat-Boosting moves, I should give it Life Orb?

The Maple Syrup Baptist
06-06-2007, 03:44 PM
I use Ninjask to Baton Pass 2 levels of Attack and 3 levels of Speed to my Garchomp, so I use Dragon Claw, EQ, Crunch, and Fire Fang. I equip Leftovers to recover HP from the BP switch in. And it slays. :wink:

sp0rk
06-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Depending on what you want to use it for:

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-Dragon Claw
-Fire Fang/Crunch
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
Find something without Ice Beam, set up Swords Dances on it, sweep. I picked the Jolly nature since your attack shouldn't make much of a difference after a swords dance or two.

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-Fire Fang
-Outrage
-Crunch/Stone Edge
-Earthquake
Switch in, wreak havoc, switch out. Outrage works very well with this because it is 120 base power with STAB that is neutral to most pokes, and its downside (confusion after 2-3 rounds) doesn't affect a choice bander anyways since it will be switched out by then. Outrage can kill a full HP and Def Milotic in two hits.

ultimateDK
06-07-2007, 03:49 AM
But I won't be using Garchomp against a Milotic anytime soon (darn the ice beam!) so I would prob stick with life orb. but I don't see the point of swords dance, because Garchomp is supposed to hit fast and hard, and if i get caught in an ice beam garchomp is dead meat. I dont feel like waiting a turn, and would rather keep crunch as a surprise anyways, but thats just me...

Dark_Azelf
06-07-2007, 03:29 PM
But I won't be using Garchomp against a Milotic anytime soon (darn the ice beam!) so I would prob stick with life orb. but I don't see the point of swords dance, because Garchomp is supposed to hit fast and hard, and if i get caught in an ice beam garchomp is dead meat. I dont feel like waiting a turn, and would rather keep crunch as a surprise anyways, but thats just me...

Go with Life Orb or Choice Band but if you are scared of taking an Ice Beam you could always give it a Yache Berry (Reduces Ice Type Moves Against you :happy:)

Dark_Azelf

Vincent_Valentine_4
06-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Does Garchomp learn Outrage by leveling up? I want that and I just use the dragon fang with my Garchomp so dragon claw usually does the job but OutRage is perfect because he would die pretty quick so he could kill somebody first. And Mine is Adamant Natured with the speed boost for his second nature thing. He has like 168 or so attack on 50 and like 138 speed and everything but Sp. Attack is like around 100 so I think he's pretty good.

Dark_Azelf
06-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Does Garchomp learn Outrage by leveling up? I want that and I just use the dragon fang with my Garchomp so dragon claw usually does the job but OutRage is perfect because he would die pretty quick so he could kill somebody first. And Mine is Adamant Natured with the speed boost for his second nature thing. He has like 168 or so attack on 50 and like 138 speed and everything but Sp. Attack is like around 100 so I think he's pretty good.

Nope, Garchomp learns Outrage as an Egg move through breeding

Dark_Azelf